Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Domestication Of BVN By Banks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Domestication Of BVN By Banks (293 Views)

African Union Ambassador Calls For Domestication Of Foi Act By State Government / Coronavirus: FG Begin Use Of BVN To Distribute Palliatives | TV360 Nigeria / Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Domestication Of BVN By Banks by chinae(m): 5:57am On May 23, 2022
There are several occasions where I had to walk into some of the financial houses to fulfill a non financial act. In most cases it is procedural that a form be filled to progress further. In recent time (date back to 2 years), there is always a box to enter ones BVN even when it is obviously not necessary.

I had taken time to pick and view arrays of blank forms in pockets hung on the wall of the hall, they all calls for BVN.

An example of this is collection ATM, complaint for undispensed cash etc. Believe with me that the call for BVN is not needed.

With the rising concern of untraceable withdrawals where accounts are whipped over night with your ATM card under your pillow.

It appears to me that this is a deliberate act to domesticate our BVN. I will advice customers to not fill in BVN box in those forms which is what I do, and in 99.9% of the time the form assessor will not raise concerns.
Re: Domestication Of BVN By Banks by DonGtoG1(m): 6:12am On May 23, 2022
This is one of the things we face when the government doesn't care about its people.

I even decided not request for ATM card of one of my accounts anymore, due to the fact that i was in a different state from my branch when my card expired, and the bank had to automatically renew my card without my consent simply because i had money in the account.

I no longer use the banks ATM card, each time i wants to do any transaction, i simply walks into the banking hall. And any day they objects it, i will just close the account.
Re: Domestication Of BVN By Banks by chinae(m): 3:09pm On May 23, 2022
DonGtoG1:
This is one of the things we face when the government doesn't care about its people.

I even decided not request for ATM card of one of my accounts anymore, due to the fact that i was in a different state from my branch when my card expired, and the bank had to automatically renew my card without my consent simply because i had money in the account.

I no longer use the banks ATM card, each time i wants to do any transaction, i simply walks into the banking hall. And any day they objects it, i will just close the account.

This is a nice idea.

(1) (Reply)

Sambo’s Son Loses Primary, Allegedly Request Refund Of Money Given To Delegates / Rivers Guber Election: APC, PDP May Lose Out / 2023: Violence Mar APC Primary Election At Alimosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.