Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat (21914 Views)

Okorocha Threatens Edo Ambassadorial Nominee Over Primaries Under Oshiomhole / Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primaries End In Violence (Graphic Photos) / APC Governorship Primaries In 27 States (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 12:37pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

The court is not deciding.it is saying wait first.if inec can determine party affairs,court too can.the plan is to render pdp primaries in rivers invalid.it is a gangup against wike
In law, 1+1 can be 11 and also can be 2. INEC cannot determine Party Affairs but can monitor it. Nothing will touch that unless PDP itself decides otherwise.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 12:38pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

The bolded is wrong as I have said many times and your link proves that.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/270463-court-nullifies-apc-congresses-in-rivers.html
(This is the judgement nullifying the Congresses). No Court restrained them from Primaries Garfield oooo.

Leave this thing!

The Court has not even ruled. They will go on and once the Primary is done, the case becomes academic. A motion ex-parte cannot take place for an activity that has already taken place.

The Primary is on Saturday.
If a primary can be stopped because of Congresses,then primary will be stopped because of exclusion.

I have not heard any thing about the VAT case and PDP vs umahi ca
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 12:40pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

If a primary can be stopped because of Congresses,then primary will be stopped because of exclusion.

I have not heard any thing about the VAT case and PDP vs umahi ca
The Primary was not stopped.

Leave the Umahi v PDP, that one won't stand nah.

VAT case was moved but I think the SC wants the Parties to settle it without a ruling. Ariwoola is chairing the panel.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 12:41pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

In law, 1+1 can be 11 and also can be 2. INEC cannot determine Party Affairs but can monitor it. Nothing will touch that unless PDP itself decides otherwise.

Primaries and Congresses are supposed to be decided by a party's nwc but the courts are dabbling into it once a party law is being breached.inec ordering parties not to use statutory delegates is more than monitoring
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 12:44pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

The Primary was not stopped.

Leave the Umahi v PDP, that one won't stand nah.

VAT case was moved but I think the SC wants the Parties to settle it without a ruling. Ariwoola is chairing the panel.

Like I said,they are not stopping the primaries.they are just laying minefields to invalidate it.

The state lost the nfiu case with the fg...

It is like gershom now has the upoerhand in cross river.my aunty is even a dekegate
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by Sonoyom(m): 12:48pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

My brother,na you pdp guys no dey learn.thunder will not strike twice na.magnus will contest and lose out,simple
I am not a PDP member, but APC is disorganized in Rivers State.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 12:54pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:
Primaries and Congresses are supposed to be decided by a party's nwc but the courts are dabbling into it once a party law is being breached.inec ordering parties not to use statutory delegates is more than monitoring

INEC follows the Electoral Act... Political Parties also follow the Electoral Act.. Unless the Courts say otherwise, there is nothing anyone can do for now. In this new Electoral Act, they also gave INEC more powers than in the old one.

So, let the lawmakers pay for their sins.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 12:58pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Like I said,they are not stopping the primaries.they are just laying minefields to invalidate it.

The state lost the nfiu case with the fg...
They will likely appeal, but their heads rn is on elections.

It is like gershom now has the upoerhand in cross river.my aunty is even a dekegate[/quote]
No minefield.....the worse the Court will do today is screen Dagogo. How? Unless they mandate the Magistrate Court to release him and bring him to the Secretariat for screening.

They will even add that he has a Court case involving cultism pending, hence they would even NOT CLEAR him. See, Dagogo should just go to another Party.

I heard the guy gat influence that's why Wike is doing everything to attack him.

For CRS, I will know more later today.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 1:01pm On May 24, 2022
Sonoyom:

I am not a PDP member, but APC is disorganized in Rivers State.

Yes but not like in 2019.in 2019,magnus thought apc wike will handover to him in 2023 but wike has failed him so he has no reason to scatter apc primaries...

In pdp,wike has imposed an unpopular person,pissed off almost all the stakeholders plus inc via dagogo.how will his candidate win when he is touring the nation?
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 1:25pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

They will likely appeal, but their heads rn is on elections.

It is like gershom now has the upoerhand in cross river.my aunty is even a dekegate
No minefield.....the worse the Court will do today is screen Dagogo. How? Unless they mandate the Magistrate Court to release him and bring him to the Secretariat for screening.

They will even add that he has a Court case involving cultism pending, hence they would even NOT CLEAR him. See, Dagogo should just go to another Party.

I heard the guy gat influence that's why Wike is doing everything to attack him.

For CRS, I will know more later today.

_for crs,the delegate list is already out since Friday and gershom today was defending buhari for not signing the amendment.

How will abia and IMO conduct primaries since there was no delegate election
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 2:47pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:
for crs,the delegate list is already out since Friday and gershom today was defending buhari for not signing the amendment.

How will abia and IMO conduct primaries since there was no delegate election.

The Delegates election was placed for April 30, there was a Court order, so it didn't hold. It was moved to May 4, Sallah holiday prevented it, all of a sudden....they prepared a list on May 6..

INEC guidelines in Article 1.2 states that: INEC should be given a 7-day notice before a rescheduled Congress can take place. I doubt if INEC was even aware or even monitored it.

Now, they went and obtained a Court order. Will INEC appeal? This is where they need to show their stuffs.

For Imo, it's not yet uhuru. They kept hopes alive with the fact they were assured Buhari will sign the Electoral Act...he didn't, so no participation for Imo PDP in the Presidential Primary. Their delegate election has been moved to June 1, and HoR/NA/Assembly primaries for June 2.

Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 2:53pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

The Delegates election was placed for April 30, there was a Court order, so it didn't hold. It was moved to May 4, Sallah holiday prevented it, all of a sudden....they prepared a list on May 6..

INEC guidelines in Article 1.2 states that: INEC should be given a 7-day notice before a rescheduled Congress can take place. I doubt if INEC was even aware or even monitored it.

Now, they went and obtained a Court order. Will INEC appeal? This is where they need to show their stuffs.

For Imo, it's not yet uhuru. They kept hopes alive with the fact they were assured Buhari will sign the Electoral Act...he didn't, so no participation for Imo PDP in the Presidential Primary. Their delegate election has been moved to June 1, and HoR/NA/Assembly primaries for June 2.

Inec had already stated that no delegate election held in abia.therefore technically,pdp has not conducted any primaries in abia.

In Edo,both orbih and obaseki factions are holding primaries
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 3:37pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:
INEC had already stated that no delegate election held in abia.therefore technically,pdp has not conducted any Primaries in Abia.
There is a Court order, they cannot do anything unless they Appeal. Will they?

In Edo, both Orbih and Obaseki factions are holding Primaries
It's going to be one brutal battle.

Adhoc Delegates were elected and the Orbih's people were on ground but you know how they do delegates list once the Governor is desperate about his own interests. The Governor's list was forwarded by the electoral panel. The Orbih people approached the Edo High Court in Abudu to restrain PDP from using that list wrt the Party Primaries but the Court declined. Through Ogbeide-Ihama & co..they approached the FHC Abuja, and on May 10..Justice Ekwo granted their request.

The only caveat is INEC monitored the delegates Congress but it's a Party thing nah.

The ex-parte order has expired nah, so Obaseki is in control. So Edo is out for Wike.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by Sonoyom(m): 11:48pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Yes but not like in 2019.in 2019,magnus thought apc wike will handover to him in 2023 but wike has failed him so he has no reason to scatter apc primaries...

In pdp,wike has imposed an unpopular person,pissed off almost all the stakeholders plus inc via dagogo.how will his candidate win when he is touring the nation?
Magnus would have been governor in Rivers State before Wike.

Wike was practically begging Magnus to come to PDP and contest 2015 election Magnus was always saying that he doesn't want to betray his Amaechi and APC.

Wike contested the 2015 election as an after thought because he felt it would be somehow taking over from Amaechi (since they're both Ikwere).

Magnus is not a lightweight politician in Rivers State and he doesn't expect to get governorship from the goodwill of Wike, he has always insisted on becoming governor via APC as his platform.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 12:00am On May 25, 2022
Sonoyom:

Magnus would have been governor in Rivers State before Wike.

Wike was practically begging Magnus to come to PDP and contest 2015 election Magnus was always saying that he doesn't want to betray his Amaechi and APC.

Wike contested the 2015 election as an after thought because he felt it would be somehow taking over from Amaechi (since they're both Ikwere).

Magnus is not a lightweight politician in Rivers State and he doesn't expect to get governorship from the goodwill of Wike, he has always insisted on becoming governor via APC as his platform.

As it stands,that is impossible except amechi is no more or tinubu becomes president.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by Sonoyom(m): 12:12am On May 25, 2022
garfield1:

As it stands,that is impossible except amechi is no more or tinubu becomes president.

He will keep trying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ISWAP Attacks Boko Haram Terrorists Fleeing Military Bombardments In Borno / Presidential Election: Will Supreme Court Do Justice Just Like In Kenya? - Dino / Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.