Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC (28140 Views)

Ican Or Bsc Conversion Or Pgd / Please I'm Hnd Graduate And I Have Done My Nysc, So I Want To Start Ican. Please / Opinion Needed For A Future: Direct Entry Or PGD Or Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by victorsola: 12:28pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.
I'm 23years of age, I have HND in statistics (Distinction), done with NYSC program, I want to further my studies but I'm really confused what to do,

1. I don't know whether to opt in for PGD or BSC(Through Direct Entry).

2. I don't know if I should switch course, from statistics to accounting via Direct Entry and I don't know if HND statistics will be accepted into accounting.
Please I seriously need your opinion and advise on it.
go to uk for direct masters.

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by geelite(m): 12:28pm On May 30, 2022
go to national open university and obtain your degree ASAP smiley smiley smiley you can be working and be schooling. chikena
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Finest6: 12:29pm On May 30, 2022
Pls, go for your Bsc. HND is not equivalent to Bsc in any capacity. Now that you are still young, pls obtain Direct Entry form.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by biggy4joe(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2022
Find money

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by osazsky(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.
I'm 23years of age, I have HND in statistics (Distinction), done with NYSC program, I want to further my studies but I'm really confused what to do,

2. I don't know if I should switch course, from statistics to accounting via Direct Entry and I don't know if HND statistics will be accepted into accounting.
handwork..if u dey benin contact me
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Emerie22(m): 12:30pm On May 30, 2022
Since you have HND, go for Direct entry or u do ICAN
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Anticrime77: 12:31pm On May 30, 2022
Becareful with a scammer spamming all d thread with free class. He is a wanted fraudster..

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by gidzbobby: 12:31pm On May 30, 2022
Guy whatever you do, never make that mistake of DIRECT ENTRY.... Its very stressful, I also finished from YCT and I started all over again for a BSc and I'm glad i didn't do that. seeing how my colleagues who came in through D.E were running helter skelter for classes and all that... I can't really say for PGD but except you wish to try something new on BSc.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Osulaalu: 12:31pm On May 30, 2022
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by wasi9ice: 12:31pm On May 30, 2022
Go and learn work Oga , plenty certificate isn't a guarantee to success anymore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Drefaithful(m): 12:32pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.

Young man go for your Bsc and thank me later.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by FirstbornWds: 12:32pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.

I'll advise that you go for B.Sc. I've got a friend that chose PGD then but during her career and all, she realized that she needed to get a BSC in the long run and had to go back to get the certification. More so, it'll be better for a Masters's program overseas than PGD.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:32pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.

Go for certifications in data analytics, your statistics background will help you there. Over here na your experience them need not your qualification
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Joyceogechi(f): 12:32pm On May 30, 2022
Let's chat on Whatsapp for advice

quote author=Pearl1212 post=113106154]I'm confused.

[/quote]
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by FuckAllTheMODs: 12:32pm On May 30, 2022
RiyadhGoddess:
Pray to God for His leadings but in whatever you decide to do, learn a skill if you have none.

Serious Buyers Only!
Lexus RX 350 2015 model, Foreign used.
WhatsApp for inspection or we inquiry.

I like this car, but can you accept a deposit of 20k?
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by dex4sure: 12:33pm On May 30, 2022
Will advise you to go and learn a trade
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Zinpat: 12:33pm On May 30, 2022
Go for HND conversion & then your masters

2 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Josywhyte: 12:33pm On May 30, 2022
Opt for PGD,leave B.sc. You don't need the latter when u have HND

2 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by LordIsaac(m): 12:34pm On May 30, 2022
You graduated with distinction....that means you came out tops. No need to prove yourself at that level again. Do your PGD and proceed to MSc.

2 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Daysbaba(m): 12:34pm On May 30, 2022
Apply for direct entry and support yourself with a job.
This will do you good in 4 years time.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by FuckAllTheMODs: 12:34pm On May 30, 2022
BuhariNaWah:
HND na rubbish o.
Infact, it's as if you wasted money obtaining it.
If you think I'm lying, just trying using it online for job applications abroad.

Even to further your studies abroad na problem.
A friend wanted to apply as an ALT in Japan,most of the schools are saying IF IT IS DIPLOMA YOU HAVE, DO NOT BOTHER APPLYING.

And besides, the annoying part is that IT IS NOT REGARDED AS A DEGREE.
Can you imagine?!

NBTE na scam.
Go get your degree, sis.

Bro, can I contact you over this ALT job.

I want to make enquiry on it for one of my female friend.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 30, 2022
Na PHD..

Or runs for president..

After all bubu no reach you for sch
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Drefaithful(m): 12:35pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.

Provided you are financially buoyant, enroll for ICAN programme and go for your Bsc. for the fact that you had Distinction in your HND, you are well grounded for the challenge ahead of you.

Good Luck
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by anonymuz(m): 12:35pm On May 30, 2022
koldej:
It depends on you, let me tell you something some people will ask you why do you need to run a Bsc programme again when you have an HND? they will question your self esteem
I'm also in your shoes.. but this is what I have come to realise so far
1) HND or BSc.. there is no job out there
2) HND or BSc the organization doesn't care, in as much as you know your job
3)YES! HND in statistics qualifies you for direct entry into Accounting
But!
There are some opportunities you will not get if you don't have a degree
There are some chances you will not get to prove yourself if you dont have a degree
There are some interviews you will not get if you don't have a degree

The bottom line is that being successful in your career path is not dependent on whether you have an HND or BSc.

As an HND holder, I will say I've never been out of job since I graduated 2years ago, but the truth is there are better opportunities I have missed out on due to the fact that I don't have a degree, I'm currently trying to run a conversion programme in a course related to my field.

@23 you are still very young, please opt for direct entry if you are from @least a average family who are willing to support you for the next 2-3years again, if not you can try conversion programme, this will give you the opportunity to work and continue schooling at the same time.

But please in whatever decision you take, go and learn IT, I sincerely believe you will do very well in coding or data analysis.

If you don't mind we can be friends
let her go and learn something she have person for, naija don cast.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Neyori(m): 12:36pm On May 30, 2022
If you have money, further your study abroad, some universities accept HND for masters.
another option is you start learning Data analytics, Business Analytics
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by dust144(m): 12:36pm On May 30, 2022
Go and find work

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Realmi: 12:39pm On May 30, 2022
Go and hustle

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by LordEclipse: 12:40pm On May 30, 2022
POS is another good degree
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by goshen26: 12:41pm On May 30, 2022
do not waste your money.

the Money you will use to get PGD and Bsc rubbish go and use it to get a technology related skill. There are guys out there with Msc looking for job now.

most companies know that Nigeria education is zero, but ur HND plus good skills will get u good job.

1. video editing
2. web development
3. Digital marketing
4. programming etc

are all selling like fire.

you are young, and it will be an advantage for u
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by SQ23: 12:41pm On May 30, 2022
Realmi:
Go and hustle

talking about the conversion, I qill like to know more,
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by KKLord3(m): 12:41pm On May 30, 2022
My Dear Congratulations on your HND with a distinction.

My candid advise is this, you are priiviledge and you will get a very good job.

Don't mind those bad mouth saying no job. I reject that for you. There are jobs and very good jobs. Don't limit yourself .

As you are working, you will get registered for ICAN. It's a easier route than going to start a program again and start searching for job.

Forward your CV in word document to :
Tax Consultant ( Trainee)

hr@ascensioncsng.com

Regards,

Best of Luck.

I will follow up for you.

Surely you will not regret it

Search for my profile on LinkedIn:

Mayowa Kadri-Ogundokun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Jobs You Should Never Make Careers / Mikano Retrenches Workers It Once Recalled / 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.