Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC (27804 Views)

Ican Or Bsc Conversion Or Pgd / Please I'm Hnd Graduate And I Have Done My Nysc, So I Want To Start Ican. Please / Opinion Needed For A Future: Direct Entry Or PGD Or Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Success900(m): 3:38pm On May 30, 2022
MilitantAtheist:
Lol, okay.
I no get your time
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by SilaV: 3:41pm On May 30, 2022
GboyegaD:

Thanks for the compliment. Hope you are here now?
Yes, lol...'tey tey...', over five years!
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by ssoofftt(m): 3:43pm On May 30, 2022
Follow my signature to make legit money online
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Localemperor: 3:47pm On May 30, 2022
MilitantAtheist:
but I'm rich for my age and growing rich every day, just yesterday how much I made from sales of eggs alone? Sales of animal feeds produced locally? Not to talk if my consultancy services? We talking about success here on Earth! As long as you're still poor and unproductive a stack illiterate roadside orange seller is better than you. by law both are equal but I don't give a damn, by practical I'm superior with my HND, hnd made me what I am today and what I'm growing to become in the nearest future cus I started flexing Agric money from the early days as ND2 I.T student, you're a poor jobless old boy still getting fed by your poor harlot mother browsing with ur stupid techno. Tell that to government that already equated it. Again stop depending on your prostitute mother to feed you and ur uselss bsc paper, you should be ashamed at your age you mother still feeds you from her prostitution. Like I said visit me at the aforementioned locations, you need a job even though a job will never make you rich but only render you a slave for life. But it's unfortunate for you that you've not even gotten to that level where you have to slave for people in the name of a job,, you harlot mom still feeds you. Think of your life, have some shame and dignity. Get out of your mother's house come to me in Delta, I will teach you first then employ you. I will not only get bsc, Msc but my professorship in my so much cherished career. You know why I started doing Bsc Animal Science through D.E? Because I need to do my real calling which is Zoology and Animal Taxonomy. That's when I will be truly fulfilled and not because I'm not proud of my HND and next year I'm rounding up my bsc weekend programme to enable me do Masters and PhD in Zoology and Animal Taxonomy, I can't do them with HND Agriculture, I can only achieve that with a degree in pure Animal Science by God's grace I'm getting done next year June and proceeding for my masters abroad. You can enjoy your useless certificate Mr first fiddle feeding from his harlot mom. Stay cool bro
It was hard reading through this endless lamentation and I had to stop halfway, learn how to apply paragraph and punctuations to your write up next time.

Its funny how you think what you are doing has made you successful that you go around measuring dick with random people on a faceless forum. You have no ideacheesy...

Enjoy you AgricBusiness Bro grin
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by MilitantAtheist: 3:51pm On May 30, 2022
Success900:
I no get your time
Bsc jobless boy I get your time. I agree your bsc is bigger but come let me employ you in my fisheries department. I know bsc people don't like stress so it won't stress you, you will just monitor and record bags of feed my fishes are consuming daily, These non graduates here are showing me pepper even though I can't do without them because of cheap labour, but I need a lazy bsc graduate like you to man those feed stores and egg stores so that when I travel I know my farm is being monitored by a schooled person, a bsc graduate for that matter, will be glad to have you here so don't be ashamed pls come, I won't even know it's you. I just need a graduate here seriously, I won't intimidate you, I just enjoy this bsc hnd online war when ever I come across it online that's all. No hard feelings, if you're in Delta within warri axis PM, there's accommodation for you, you need to leave your parents house Mr bsc
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Dom123(m): 3:51pm On May 30, 2022
I will advice u proceed for a PGD in statistics if your parents are financially buoyant and thereafter apply for Masters in statistics . You are 23 and very young. Build your career and the future shall be brighter for you.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Symorne(m): 3:52pm On May 30, 2022
koldej:
It depends on you, let me tell you something some people will ask you why do you need to run a Bsc programme again when you have an HND? they will question your self esteem
I'm also in your shoes.. but this is what I have come to realise so far
1) HND or BSc.. there is no job out there
2) HND or BSc the organization doesn't care, in as much as you know your job
3)YES! HND in statistics qualifies you for direct entry into Accounting
But!
There are some opportunities you will not get if you don't have a degree
There are some chances you will not get to prove yourself if you dont have a degree
There are some interviews you will not get if you don't have a degree

The bottom line is that being successful in your career path is not dependent on whether you have an HND or BSc.

As an HND holder, I will say I've never been out of job since I graduated 2years ago, but the truth is there are better opportunities I have missed out on due to the fact that I don't have a degree, I'm currently trying to run a conversion programme in a course related to my field.

@23 you are still very young, please opt for direct entry if you are from @least a average family who are willing to support you for the next 2-3years again, if not you can try conversion programme, this will give you the opportunity to work and continue schooling at the same time.

But please in whatever decision you take, go and learn IT, I sincerely believe you will do very well in coding or data analysis.

If you don't mind we can be friends

Am also interested in this friendship thing abeg.
My case is related to this also.
And I would like to go into coding.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Asour: 3:56pm On May 30, 2022
Lukaku12:
As a bsc holder in accounting, I would advice you to go for ICAN while on it, you can go for pgd and then to masters.....hnd and ICAN will be chosen over bsc accounting [b]anytime any da[/b]y

This is not correct.

At the Ops age he is aptly suited for several Graduate trainee roles. But not ALL these roles accept Hands.

KPMG , PWC or Access bank for instance do not.
Coronation Merchant bank, and some top investment banks so no too.

This is not to say that some others do not.
Gtbank accepts Hnd I think. But to say anyday, anytime would be setting the Op for disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by cjeriia: 4:04pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.
I'm 23years of age, I have HND in statistics (Distinction), done with NYSC program, I want to further my studies but I'm really confused what to do,

1. I don't know whether to opt in for PGD or BSC(Through Direct Entry).

2. I don't know if I should switch course, from statistics to accounting via Direct Entry and I don't know if HND statistics will be accepted into accounting.
Please I seriously need your opinion and advise on it.

BSc Asap
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by doggedfighter(f): 4:07pm On May 30, 2022
MilitantAtheist:
Lol, okay.

Though you have very salient points in your posts but you sound very angry.

Why?
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Success900(m): 4:14pm On May 30, 2022
Did you see the reason why I called you mumu in the first place, I'm masters degree holder in mechanical engineering and I'm cooling off with my fat salary. I use everything senior your papa grin....... foolish HND Holder. You think HND is the best because you don't have Bsc
MilitantAtheist:
Bsc jobless boy I get your time. I agree your bsc is bigger but come let me employ you in my fisheries department. I know bsc people don't like stress so it won't stress you, you will just monitor and record bags of feed my fishes are consuming daily, These non graduates here are showing me pepper even though I can't do without them because of cheap labour, but I need a lazy bsc graduate like you to man those feed stores and egg stores so that when I travel I know my farm is being monitored by a schooled person, a bsc graduate for that matter, will be glad to have you here so don't be ashamed pls come, I won't even know it's you. I just need a graduate here seriously, I won't intimidate you, I just enjoy this bsc hnd online war when ever I come across it online that's all. No hard feelings, if you're in Delta within warri axis PM, there's accommodation for you, you need to leave your parents house Mr bsc
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by MilitantAtheist: 4:19pm On May 30, 2022
Localemperor:
It was hard reading through this endless lamentation and I had to stop halfway, learn how to apply paragraph and punctuations to your write up next time.

Its funny how you think what you are doing has made you successful that you go around measuring dick with random people on a faceless forum. You have no ideacheesy...

Enjoy you AgricBusiness Bro grin

I swear I'm very proud of my HND because what would I have been today without it? I know how much I'm making just for being an HND Agriculturist. All my bsc guys I'm the one they consult for all their livestock services even though they have friends with Bsc agric like them. I have no hard feelings or pains here, I'm only stressing on the fact that I am successful today because of the Agricultural skills I have acquired in OND n HND and will never let anyone run me down when I know my net worth acquired through the Poly system of Agric education. Throughout my study in school I did 2 industrial training which University could not have offered me. I was well branded in Agro skills before I graduated I made money, I felt those industrial Trainings were not enough for me so I paid 120k to learn other skills at Sunghai Delta, you must have heard of it. where I learned treatment of pigs, bovids and birds the Poly industrial training didn't offer me. As at last 2 years for me to inject 1 pig is 6k but now is 9k last for normal level farmers and those extremely rich men even pay as much as 15k per 1 pig or bovid injection, imagine injecting a farm of 300+ pigs how much it costs? I get called almost every day, I even have another farm to attend to tomorrow morning. These are facts about what diploma in Agric is doing for me. So I need pure Animal Science degree of uni to further my studies that is why I'm already doing Bsc Animal Science through D.E and rounding up next year June so that I can go for Masters in Zoology and Animal Taxonomy here in my Naija, cus every farmer must avoid reckless spending plus I hate white men countries due to racism. I'm very proud and happy for what poly exposed me to but poly is not good for social science courses, just Agric n Engineering fields. Get a skill and be successful, respect all persons.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Thomthom(m): 4:24pm On May 30, 2022
BigDawsNet:
You are still young

For Nigeria education
Go for direct entry with your HNd... you maybe lucky to start with 300level

For Outside education
Apply for a fresh degree in Mathematics or computer science in Canada or Australia...

Goodluck
300L for University not possible at least 200 Level
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by HeavenVGate: 4:35pm On May 30, 2022
koldej:
It depends on you, let me tell you something some people will ask you why do you need to run a Bsc programme again when you have an HND? they will question your self esteem
3)YES! HND in statistics qualifies you for direct entry into Accounting
But!
There are some chances you will not get to prove yourself if you dont have a degree

The bottom line is that being successful in your career path is not dependent on whether you have an HND or BSc.

As an HND holder, I will say I've never been out of job since I graduated 2years ago, but the truth is there are better opportunities I have missed out on due to the fact that I don't have a degree, I'm currently trying to run a conversion programme in a course related to my field.

@23 you are still very young, please opt for direct entry if you are from @least a average family who are willing to support you for the next 2-3years again, if not you can try conversion programme, this will give you the opportunity to work and continue schooling at the same time.

But please in whatever decision you take, go and learn IT, I sincerely believe you will do very well in coding or data analysis.

Be her friend grin grin grin
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by obstead200(m): 4:42pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:

Thank you so much ma.
it is "sir"
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by BigDawsNet: 4:43pm On May 30, 2022
Thomthom:
300L for University not possible at least 200 Level

Some Private University in nigeria will get him 300leve start with HND certificate
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by MilitantAtheist: 5:07pm On May 30, 2022
doggedfighter:

Though you have very salient points in your posts but you sound very angry.

Why?
pls they can abuse or berate hnd but they should exclude HND Agriculture in doing so. All my achievements is because of 2 times industrial training polytechnic offered me in study of Agriculture. I can never be broke again, I've been enjoying Agric money since ND2. If I'm not selling crates of eggs daily (IMPOSSIBLE) I'm always getting called to go inject birds, non ruminants and ruminants in other farms or I'm selling my locally produced feeds, how could I have achieved all these wealth creating knowledge if not for OND/HND Agriculture? I'm telling you that till now people studying Agriculture in uni do not know anything about Day old chicks, Brooder house preparation, Fish Spawning, Animal Ration formulations etc but these things are what a polytechnic ND 2 students is already used to after 4 months n 1 year industrial training. We always encounter bsc final year students back then in farms we were working and as ND2 students then we were the ones teaching them. So how can I respect such people? When at HND Agriculture level I'm already into breeding/cross breeding programmes and livestock health which will forever give me money, bsc Agric graduates I know are not doing well, the few rich ones their parents open farms for can't run it. It falls because what you don't know is what you don't know, Lol. I swear I'm just laughing. Though by next year my bsc Animal Science degree will be ready so I can proceed for Masters in Zoology and Animal Taxonomy, I will always appreciate Polytechnic Agriculture for earlier exposure to money making Agro skills. I am not angry but I have to correct some impression.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by fayruka(m): 5:09pm On May 30, 2022
Zinpat:
Go for HND conversion & then your masters
This is the best option for a working class person but if you are ready for another 3/4 years of campus experience with people to support u, then go for D.E or start Bsc afresh. But just to be clear, Conversion program is now much better than Pgd

2 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by WilsonBright935: 5:14pm On May 30, 2022
adubam:

Your moniker said it all.

Untrained child spotted

Seriously, I wanted to talk sense into his brain too but when I saw his moniker, I decided not to grin
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by OLULAW: 5:17pm On May 30, 2022
If you're thinking of the UK, it takes one year to convert your HND to BSc by doing a top up degree. In Nigeria its around 3 years. If you want to progress, do a BSc. I have an acquaintance who gained HND, PGDIP, MSC, PhD, he's lecturing in a poly but cant be employed as university lecturer. Now, he's doing a BSc without which, even with a PhD, he can't be a university lecturer. He simply ignored my counsel years ago, and now he's the wiser. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by GboyegaD(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2022
SilaV:

Yes, lol...'tey tey...', over five years!

Nice. What state are you?
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by doggedfighter(f): 5:20pm On May 30, 2022
MilitantAtheist:
pls they can abuse or berate hnd but they should exclude HND Agriculture in doing so. All my achievements is because of 2 times industrial training polytechnic offered me in study of Agriculture. I can never be broke again, I've been enjoying Agric money since ND2. If I'm not selling crates of eggs daily (IMPOSSIBLE) I'm always getting called to go inject birds, non ruminants and ruminants in other farms or I'm selling my locally produced feeds, how could I have achieved all these wealth creating knowledge if not for OND/HND Agriculture? I'm telling you that till now people studying Agriculture in uni do not know anything about Day old chicks, Brooder house preparation, Fish Spawning, Animal Ration formulations etc but these things are what a polytechnic ND 2 students is already used to after 4 months n 1 year industrial training. We always encounter bsc final year students back then in farms we were working and as ND2 students then we were the ones teaching them. So how can I respect such people? When at HND Agriculture level I'm already into breeding/cross breeding programmes and livestock health which will forever give me money, bsc Agric graduates I know are not doing well, the few rich ones their parents open farms for can't run it. It falls because what you don't know is what you don't know, Lol. I swear I'm just laughing. Though by next year my bsc Animal Science degree will be ready so I can proceed for Masters in Zoology and Animal Taxonomy, I will always appreciate Polytechnic Agriculture for earlier exposure to money making Agro skills. I am not angry but I have to correct some impression.

Coming out gun blazing with insults and vitiriols is rather low and belittles a person and his achievements.

I found it appalling seeing your constant mention of his mother and prostitution.

That's in a bad taste.

And can never appeal to hearts.

Points can be made and understood with civility.

Most times saying to someone ' I feel your pain' is a way of identifying with that person's experience, so harmless.

Are you truly an atheist?

Please chill and converse respectfully !

And write in paragraphs too.

Best regards !

2 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by GboyegaD(m): 5:26pm On May 30, 2022
Asour:

This is not correct.

At the Ops age he is aptly suited for several Graduate trainee roles. But not ALL these roles accept Hands.

KPMG , PWC or Access bank for instance do not.
Coronation Merchant bank, and some top investment banks so no too.

This is not to say that some others do not.
Gtbank accepts Hnd I think. But to say anyday, anytime would be setting the Op for disappointment.

I don't know if things have changed but back in the days, PWC takes HND, Upper Credit into their trainee programs.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Success900(m): 5:27pm On May 30, 2022
Ode!!!!! Ordinary my phone will buy that your stupid farm, feed that your useless father and your family..... As he be say nothing dey that your blocked head that why you no fit enter university straight and the fact that nobody in that your gullible family can have masters degree in mechanical engineering does not means that others can't have it. If you doubt me drop your what's app number and I'll show you my results. And if you need job you can come to Lagos and be my cleaner fooooool....... Mumu that does not have Bsc wants to employ a master holder.
MilitantAtheist:
Lol,lowlife jobless boy. I never said hnd is best that is why by next year June my bsc Animal Science will be acquired because I need it for my cherished career in Animal Science field for my Masters which Pure Agric can't guarantee. Nor be only fat salary, your imaginary salary when 10 crates of egg production cover x3. I'm already getting bsc in Animal Science next year because of my masters programme in Zoology and Animal Taxonomy and I'm doing it here in Naija to avoid reckless spending. As a slave that you are, your salary if true nor pas 100k. Only 10 crates of eggs a day surpass what you're labouring for in a month not talk of feed sales. Lol, I told you bro you're suffering. Mr bsc Mr "yes sir yes sir" come and be employed, ever wonder why engineers, politicians, Doctors etc are running into Agriculture despite their money? Not to talk of you an imaginary mech engineer worker living on imaginary fat salary. Who provides services for the aforementioned class of rich people? I know you're lying and no company will employ a bsc mech graduate who got expose to practical at final year, mumu boy. Stop suffering and lying at the same time, come and be employed Mr invisible fat salary earner, dirty broke jobless boy feeding from his mom is claiming mech engineer. Mech engineer kill you there
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by MilitantAtheist: 5:47pm On May 30, 2022
doggedfighter:

Coming out gun blazing with insults and vitiriols is rather low and belittles a person and his achievements.

I found it appalling seeing your constant mention of his mother and prostitution.

That's in a bad taste.

And can never appeal to hearts.

Points can be made and understood with civility.

Most times saying to someone ' I feel your pain' is a way of identifying with that person's experience, so harmless.

Are you truly an atheist?

Please chill and converse respectfully !

And write in paragraphs too.

Best regards !
there's no need writing here as if I'm writing to my lecturers
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by AlphaStyles(m): 6:16pm On May 30, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by orumba(m): 6:24pm On May 30, 2022
Which country be this
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Charles2001: 6:45pm On May 30, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.
I'm 23years of age, I have HND in statistics (Distinction), done with NYSC program, I want to further my studies but I'm really confused what to do,

1. I don't know whether to opt in for PGD or BSC(Through Direct Entry).

2. I don't know if I should switch course, from statistics to accounting via Direct Entry and I don't know if HND statistics will be accepted into accounting.
Please I seriously need your opinion and advise on it.

My advise, do Bsc. HND and PGD are mostly not recognized internationally. Trust me, you don't want to find out.
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by shakur4luv(m): 7:08pm On May 30, 2022
koldej:
3)YES! HND in statistics qualifies you for direct entry into Accounting have been thinking about that IT for long expecially data analysis
But!

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by shakur4luv(m): 7:09pm On May 30, 2022
koldej:
3)YES! HND in statistics qualifies you for direct entry into Accounting have been thinking about that IT for long expecially data analysis
But!

have been thinking of data analysis can u give lists of good computer school out there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Small Things You Should Do To Be Successful / Cleaner At Lagos Airport Who Returned Money 4 Times Complains Of No Rewards / Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.