Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 (84353 Views)

How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully / Uncle In-law Is Becoming Unbearable / Zimbabwean Man Catches His Wife & Her 'Uncle' In Bed, Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Holuwaxheun(m): 11:10am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
Sir you wont understand.This same person bought houses and cars for many people.Before my father died he promised to build house for my dad, pay my elder bro's tuition fee, take me to the U.S in 2018, then I was still in jss 3.Today we still live in a rented house that has 300 000 annual pay and we've not paid a part of it coz we had no means.What can the vegetable my mum sells do? He didnt fullfil any of his promises.Imagine I sent msg that our rent of 300 000 expired this month and he sent me 50k, what can that do? My uncle just dont like me.He sent my cousin 200k just to buy whatever he wants.And that guy's parent are relatively wealthy.I feel like crying.This is what Ishlove Skyview01 GRACETOLIVF Pocohantas doggedfighter Peteredo SyrusdeHansome Sisisioge fail to understand and are raining insults like we are fighting.

Hello Bro. I intend not to respond before, but going through this made me change my mind.

I understand what you are going through because similar thing happened to me 11 years ago when I was in Part 2 at OAU. I lost my dad in the year 2011, and as the first son and first child, things were really hard, but God came through for me. One thing u need to first understand is that, do not, for whatsoever reason put your trust or hope in any man. Once u do this, u will get disappointed when they do not fulfil their promises. I remember during my dad's burial that day, many people came and made series of promises, but none fulfil them. Many people owing him money didn't even pay back their debts. Instead of putting ur trust in men, learn to put your trust in God because all good and perfect gifts (blessings) come from God through men (James 1:17). Once you remember that God is ur source, your mindset about people's disappointment will change.

I also remember that, though I did not have the required qualifications to help get extra income, I had to get involved in manual labour like Bricklaying, also, I did gateman work at Victoria Island to get some cash for schooling. I also got involved in tutorials and also started some small trade while in school.

Please, get yourself engage in productive activities. This is just a phase, it will definitely pass. You just need to face it with endurance in phasing it out. To be sincere, do not raise expectations that someone somewhere will come and help u or someone somewhere owes you some things. Doing that will make you irresponsible and bitter if such expectations are not met. Remember, behind every glory, there is a story.

Lest I forget, Please, regardless of what people could have promised you, learn to always appreciate them even though it is little they could fulfil. U really might not understand this well, but trust me, you will understand better when you start taking responsibilities.

May God be with you and your family bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Salihusaliheen(m): 11:10am On May 24, 2022
"Good morning uncle...I first of all appreciate your previous assistance.But I want to tell you that it's not enough.I'm 19 and jobless, but I really need money.I would appreciate anything that comes from you."[/quote] imagine u saying this,
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Rexymania(m): 11:10am On May 24, 2022
It is NOT ENOUGH will make me not to send shishi to you. That your uncle really likes you. I won't send 1 naira to you
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by qtguru(m): 11:10am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
If your uncle lives in the US and send you 30K, and you are satisfied with that you can quote me with this trash again.

Entitlement mentality, better don't get used to depending on people.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by BarrElChapo(m): 11:11am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
This was the message I sent to my uncle who lives in America and he sent me just N30,000.

"Good morning uncle...I first of all appreciate your previous assistance.But I want to tell you that it's not enough.I'm 19 and jobless, but I really need money.I would appreciate anything that comes from you."

This is a very very rude and pride filled text. Your uncle tried if it were me I don't know if I'd answer you. Infact youd have to be my favourite nephew for me to give you.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Stopwomenabuse: 11:11am On May 24, 2022
chatinent:
No vex, the USA wey you attach in your username, is it of/for your uncle?

Btw, I don't know how to be entitled... because I never had sb who sends me anything. I literally worked for every little thing I have. I have been working since when I was 13. It surprises me how you guys feel you are another's responsibility.

In this hard time, N1000 given to you that you didn't work for should come with a big thank you.

I just wish you knew you'd be someone's uncle someday.

As I dey, we wish we had sb to send us even if na N2k and you see N30k you dey bleat.

As you dey, I fit just see you for road nack you engine block for this entitlement feeling...in fact, begin come front.

�...The guy is funny. This type of person will not help anyone if he eventually makes it. Maybe that was how he was brought up anyway. I hate entitlement mentality to the core... Like yourself, I started working for my money before I clocked 10. No uncle or aunty to even send you 2k not to talk of 30k. The guy should change his mentality if he wants to progress in life...

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by SeriouslySense(m): 11:12am On May 24, 2022
You are very ungrateful, do you think money grows on trees, do you think it is easy for others because they are outside the country.

You better begin to grow up and start thinking about how to make good use of the opportunities around you and yourself.

Start learning a skill today, you have access to the internet, research on what you can do, crack that brain now.

I usually ignore people like you. I am sure you are not learning anything, just expecting money, you better grow up.

And i will advise not to push your elders to give you money, let it come naturally from their hearts. I know it is hard, and maybe you were not brought up to stand independently, and the Nigerian environment is harsh, but change the mindset of expecting someone to help you to you can do it.

If you are good in science and you love electronics, you can start learning how to repair and diagnose electronics problems, if your uncles sees that you are doing something like that, he may even give you more, because he knows you are wise and you do not want to depend on him forever.

But your statement so far shows how foolish you have become, and you can change that.

Try and start cracking that brain and maybe you will see something you are good at doing.

This is why is support, parent teaching their children some skills or encouraging a skill mindset in their children, not children, who are clueless about independence etc.

VictorUSA:
This was the message I sent to my uncle who lives in America and he sent me just N30,000.

"Good morning uncle...I first of all appreciate your previous assistance.But I want to tell you that it's not enough.I'm 19 and jobless, but I really need money.I would appreciate anything that comes from you."

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Stopwomenabuse: 11:12am On May 24, 2022
chatinent:

Btw, I don't know how to be entitled... because I never had sb who sends me anything. I literally worked for every little thing I have. I have been working since when I was 13. It surprises me how you guys feel you are another's responsibility.

In this hard time, N1000 given to you that you didn't work for should come with a big thank you.

As I dey, we wish we had sb to send us even if na N2k and you see N30k you dey bleat.

As you dey, I fit just see you for road nack you engine block for this entitlement feeling...in fact, begin come front.

�...The guy is funny. This type of person will not help anyone if he eventually makes it. Maybe that was how he was brought up anyway. I hate entitlement mentality to the core...

Like yourself, I started working for my money before I clocked 10. No uncle or aunty to even send you 2k not to talk of 30k.

The guy should change his mentality if he wants to progress in life...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by qtguru(m): 11:12am On May 24, 2022
pocohantas:

E better be trolling. Person no suppose mumu like this. Except na k-periperi. grin

Instead make person find job, na trolling some NL boys are just jobless and useless
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Snitch24(m): 11:13am On May 24, 2022
Ingrate
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by joeking2222: 11:14am On May 24, 2022
chatinent:

Lolssssss......... omo, NAIRALAND dey gv JOY i swear!!!! I am not leaving this FORUM anytime soon!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by DAwest7: 11:16am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
My dad is death.My mum sells vegetable and pepper.
your dad is death?Haba omo iku ni e ooo
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Fashdeejay(m): 11:16am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
my advice to you, the idea of depending on people outside the shores of Nigeria is quite archaic and unreasonable. Working multiple jobs and having less than 6 hours of sleep a day is no fun. Find a way to equip yourself, join the Navy or learn a trade. You can do so much for yourself. He sent you 30k? Be happy he even sent anything at all. It is easier to make money in Nigeria, the system is rigged to benefit those who are willing to hustle, you can beat the system in many ways but not in the USA, the system is built tough and you have to work harder than you know to earn your keep.
50USD na money, except your uncle is in the league of Donald Trump and the likes, don expect much, he has tried, what have you done for yourself?

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Haywhy3579: 11:17am On May 24, 2022
U are even complaining when My own sister in America will just promised u for ages that she cannot send u small money and then after much pressure she will send u 10k per year
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Joiedevivre: 11:17am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
Sir you wont understand.This same person bought houses and cars for many people.Before my father died he promised to build house for my dad, pay my elder bro's tuition fee, take me to the U.S in 2018, then I was still in jss 3.Today we still live in a rented house that has 300 000 annual pay and we've not paid a part of it coz we had no means.What can the vegetable my mum sells do? He didnt fullfil any of his promises.Imagine I sent msg that our rent of 300 000 expired this month and he sent me 50k, what can that do? My uncle just dont like me.He sent my cousin 200k just to buy whatever he wants.And that guy's parent are relatively wealthy.I feel like crying.This is what Ishlove Skyview01 GRACETOLIVF Pocohantas doggedfighter Peteredo SyrusdeHansome Sisisioge fail to understand and are raining insults like we are fighting.
You are a stupid fool bro. He's not living because of you. No one fucking owes you anything.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by zolajpower: 11:18am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
If your uncle lives in the US and send you 30K, and you are satisfied with that you can quote me with this trash again.
You should be ashamed of yourself brother . You think it's easy over there ? You pays monthly bill every month , which includes rent phone bills etc, the car insurance we pay every year here, they pay every month .

Look I have a brother who can't be compared to your uncle and lives in Texas (where u can wake up in the morning and bf noon u will get a job)since a long time ago , we don't bother him before he moved to the USA and each time he calls home he complains

about his wife , his wife and wife nothing more ...... It's been a year and two months since my immediate older brother and his family relocated to Canada, although he has been nice to us but as I tell u now non of his younger siblings bother him ,which includes me .
These are my brothers we all share same father and mother with ...... Now son get these 5 important things into your head

1 . It's not easy out there ( abroad)
2 . To given is not what most people are brought up with
3. Strife hard so you too can give or be stingy like ur uncle it's a choice though
4. Your uncle is not same parents as you you re just his nephew
5. Pray to God for upliftment.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by JoshTim: 11:18am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
He promised to take me to the US when I was in jss 3 but failed to do same.He still promised take me to the US when he heard that I was assistant headboy in my high school but still failed me

He just be like one of my brothers....full of promises but does the opposite. Ọmọ, i run for my life. It's better am respected for my hustle and people know i hustle this money for myself than associate with a rich man that can't help me yet people be thinking he is the one helping me. I cut him off completely.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by NaijaCars4sale: 11:18am On May 24, 2022
Just thank and appreciate him, you don't know what he's going through over there.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by SugarGirl44(f): 11:19am On May 24, 2022
How much did your daddy give you?

You entitled mf.
Your uncle doesn't have his own responsibilities Abi.

The man probably has 1/2 kids while your father has about a dozen.

Start planing your life well from now so your kids too won't depend on others in future.
Better still, don't have kids if you're not capable, it's not a sin.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Neddstark: 11:19am On May 24, 2022
Skyview01:
My nephew sent me similar message and I blocked him. Your parents are responsible for you.

Have some love in your heart.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by SeriouslySense(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2022
This is true, you better grow up, have this mindset, that no-one owes you anything, it will make you grow up faster.

I am encouraging the 19 year old to improve, let me even call him Sir.

Joiedevivre:
You are a stupid fool bro. He's not living because of you. No one fucking owes you anything.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Sergio104(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2022
angry
Beautygoddesss:
ok.victor i tink i'll cal it a night.feeling severe headache and dizzyness.u too go nd sleep ok u av stress urself alot today.love yah gud nightsmiley

WTF....... sad angry

I feel like beating this little kids

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by hosemujica: 11:21am On May 24, 2022
This entitlement thing is for real, my nephew once asked for a laptop , I bought him the same exact one that I use. He said no, he wanted MacBook, I said "ok I will take this one back and bring MacBook" I never talked about it it again.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Beautygoddesss: 11:22am On May 24, 2022
Sergio104:
angry

WTF....... sad angry

I feel like beating this little kids

oya come and beat me na.am in my room aproko
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by dontrulee: 11:22am On May 24, 2022
I dislike people with entitlement mentality whether male or female. It turns me off big time. I didn't even ask my parents for money when I was in school. I took my life into my hands. I still don't care about the inheritance or the businesses my parents have, I'll give all of them to my younger siblings and create my own. I just have this joy of making and spending my own money. grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Angelfrost(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:

#30,000 is "Just"?!!

At 19 for that matter?!!! When he is not your father!

Entitlement will kill many of you Nigerians!

Even if you personally sponsored his trip abroad, that's still not enough to be so entitled.

I have wealthy relatives living abroad, I will never go begging or demanding money from them... Makes no sense!
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by darigho: 11:22am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:

U are too rude for a 19 year old, u don't deserve a dime from ur uncle yet he gave u 30k and ur dare come here to nag. Go get a 30k paying job and see what it takes to earn.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Kfed4ril(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
I want you to see how stingy my uncle is.

Your uncle isn’t responsible for you. Your parents are.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Yankee101: 11:23am On May 24, 2022
They have replied you
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Springboot: 11:23am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:

You mum sells vegetable and might not even make 30k in a week, your uncle who also has other responsibilities, sent you 30k and you're ungrateful? If you continue this way, you just might never be successful in life.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Stanfeelings: 11:24am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
I want you to see how stingy my uncle is.
imagine entitlement mentality. doesnt he have other responsibilities? did ur pap send him abroad? wetin ur papa or mama don do for him? u even see who d give u. u want 1m make u for use am go carry babes abi?
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by ASPIREX: 11:24am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
And what do YOU do YOURSELF?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Son Grabs His Mother's Boobs While Posing For A Photo / How To Calculate Anyone's Age With Their Shoe Size / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.