Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President (1475 Views)

Tribunal: APC And INEC Lawyers Are Wasting Obi's Time In Court / Peter Obi: Time To Destroy This Temple | Tribune / We Don't Give Shi Shi Yet Peter Obi Is Sharing Rice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by gidgiddy: 7:06pm On May 23, 2022
I have my issues with Peter Obi, but I cannot deny that he did well when he was Governor of my State, Anambra. I also think he is well qualified to be President

However, nobody can run from the reality on the ground. Peter Obi has no chance of becoming President, not even if he manages to become the Presidential candidate of PDP

Whoever is going to become the next President has to win big in the North, and carry at least one geopolitical zone in the South. Peter Obi has no chance whatsoever of winning in the North and everyone knows this. So how will Peter Obi win?

Peter Obi might have had a chance had PDP and APC had zoned their presidential ticket to the South East. Peter Obi stands no chance with the current set up, no Igbo man stands any chance.

All of this is of course based on if there is still anything called Nigeria by 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Abfinest007(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2022
Go n sleep, good publicity will do d work if only he can get d pdp ticket
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Faber(m): 7:11pm On May 23, 2022
In your wildest dreams would you ever believe that a man from Bayelsa state with 8 LGAs will become president...so calm down.

God writes on crooked lines. You as a person say it's not his time. If you are not God, I humbly beg you to shut the fvck smelling stuff you called mouth ...you can only continue your rant if you are God Almighty.

Since when did you become a king maker on Earth

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by duro4chang(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2022
gidgiddy:
I have my issues with Peter Obi, but I cannot deny that he did well when he was Governor of my State, Anambra. I also think he is well qualified to be President

However, nobody can run from the reality on the ground. Peter Obi has no chance of becoming President, not even if he manages to become the Presidential candidate of PDP

Whoever is going to become the next President has to win big in the North, and carry at least one geopolitical zone in the South. Peter Obi has no chance whatsoever of winning in the North and everyone knows this. So how will Peter Obi win?

Peter Obi might have had a chance had PDP and APC had zoned their presidential ticket to the South East. Peter Obi stands no chance with the current set up, no Igbo man stands any chance.

All of this is of course based on if there is still anything called Nigeria by 2023

But GEJ won without zoning. It just depend on his party and his acceptability by the people.

6 Likes

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 23, 2022
God please or anything that works on universal purpose of life should please make sure Peter obi becomes the president of Nigeria anyhow anyway please cry

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 23, 2022
gidgiddy:

I 100 percent agree with you. Maybe he is gunning for the VP slot.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Unzerious: 7:26pm On May 23, 2022
Maybe by 2043

Patience is the Key Children of Nnamdi Kunu grin

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by ProudlyWAZOBIA: 7:27pm On May 23, 2022
That’s why you have what is called a “running mate”. Your running mate is supposed to come from another region to curry some votes from there too.

The Atiku you all are rooting for got 70% of his votes from the south in 2019. How much of the northern vote did he get?

What stops the northerners in PDP from backing Peter Obi and getting some northern votes for him. Is that not the function of a Party?

When you say , it’s not yet time for Peter Obi Presidency, when will it now be? Is there a time that you will agree that he can ever get votes in the north?

Please go and sit down with all that northern write up.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Felimax(m): 7:36pm On May 23, 2022
Since you said you no problem, I will have no grouse with you.

Right here we believe there nothing God cannot do since we badly need a good and worthy president to effect a positive change nation wide and panoramically the next best man as it stands is Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Parachoko: 7:38pm On May 23, 2022
gidgiddy:

Are you saying Northerners will not vote for an Ibo man?
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Iykopee(m): 7:42pm On May 23, 2022
gidgiddy:

Guy don't mistake who becomes the president of Nigeria with Ipob and unknown gun men which are your specialty in politics section of NL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by gidgiddy: 7:44pm On May 23, 2022
Parachoko:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Freedom34: 7:45pm On May 23, 2022
Eyahhh.......as usual una nor go face d crux of d mata, na to dance around in circles!

The issue on ground is not "ehnn...let APC and PDP zone it to d s/e".
The mata 4 ground now don pass dt level! Even if that is done, ie both apc and pdp zone it to se, another party dt fields a non-s/e candidate will win!

You don't see eyetoeye with the ppl dt have d numbers so how do u think they'll support u in ur quest?

If without 'power' d northerners are endangered species in alaigbo, you think they don't know what awaits them if u ascend d mantle of leadership?

Will u knowingly drive ur car into a ditch?
Nor be juju be dt?
cool

https://www.nairaland.com/7139923/gunmen-kill-suya-seller-anambra
https://www.nairaland.com/7140009/unknown-gunmen-kill-mother-4

gidgiddy:

The only thing dt can cause a change is for ALL d 70+ parties to zone it to s/e (which is highly unlikely), bcus even if 69 zones it to s/e and just only one zones its own to a non-s/e candidate, na him (d latter) go win!

Its bitter, but its d reality on ground!
cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by gidgiddy: 7:45pm On May 23, 2022
duro4chang:
But GEJ won without zoning. It just depend on his party and his acceptability by the people.

GEJ had incumbency factor, Peter Obi does not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Frigga13: 7:46pm On May 23, 2022
And what will happen if a Northerner picks obi as his vice ?

We know Obi won’t get Pdp ticket ...

And he can’t win election in Nigeria .. he’s good but Nigeria politics is not igbo sentiments

Obi is John the Baptist to another ... and putting 2027 in consideration.. depends on how igbos position themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by pricklewane: 7:49pm On May 23, 2022
There will never be a time for this Pandora criminal to be president in Nigeria. It will never ever happen. Take it to the bank na joker I give you. It will not happen in this life or the next.

ProudlyWAZOBIA:
That’s why you have what is called a “running mate”. Your running mate is supposed to come from another region to curry some votes from there too.

The Atiku you all are rooting for got 70% of his votes from the south in 2019. How much of the northern vote did he get?

What stops the northerners in PDP from backing Peter Obi and getting some northern votes for him. Is that not the function of a Party?

When you say , it’s not yet time for Peter Obi Presidency, when will it now be? Is there a time that you will agree that he can ever get votes in the north?

Please go and sit down with all that northern write up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Frigga13: 7:49pm On May 23, 2022
Parachoko:

Northerners will vote for an Obi.. but not when an Atiku is on ballot .. or a Kwankwanso.. Saraki

Obi cant get votes from North when this names are on ballot ..

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by duro4chang(m): 7:54pm On May 23, 2022
gidgiddy:

GEJ had incumbency factor, Peter Obi does not
I agree with you to some level but even as it is now if his party can give him support and if he is accepted by the generality of the people there is no problem. But his supporters are not helping the matter they insult people who have different opinion.
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by ProudlyWAZOBIA: 8:05pm On May 23, 2022
pricklewane:
There will never be a time for this Pandora criminal to be president in Nigeria. It will never ever happen. Take it to the bank na joker I give you. It will not happen in this life or the next.

How old are you?
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Parachoko: 8:10pm On May 23, 2022
Frigga13:

Northerners will vote for an Obi.. but not when an Atiku is on ballot .. or a Kwankwanso.. Saraki

What of Tinubu vs Obi?
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Freedom34: 8:13pm On May 23, 2022
Hehehehehehehe.....d same no4therners bn killed in se? grin
Well I admire ur 'optimism'
cool
Frigga13:

Northerners will vote for an Obi....but not when an Atiku is on ballot .. or a Kwankwanso.. Saraki

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Peterobiisathie(f): 8:24pm On May 23, 2022
Peter Peter Obi is a barawo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Advocate500: 8:30pm On May 23, 2022
Go and sleep with your warp analysis, most of this stupid reasoning are the major reason why most of our youths developed political apathy toward electoral participation.

Some of you never believe an igboman could have been accepted the way Nigerians accepted campaign so far, obi stumbling block is igboman himself who never believe his brother his brother can win a national election. Is a contest not war ,is either you win or you lose, why will you gIve up when the contest have not started? Those of who want support Atiku can do so without disturbing others. Obi supporters will vote for him irrespective of the outcome.

Building useless bridge with the northern region should not be the way, the yorubas that built bridges with them are yet to use the bridge, then the igbos want start their own, make we try give ourselves sense for this country abeg.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by wingmanIII: 8:45pm On May 23, 2022
Freedom34:
Eyahhh.......as usual una nor go face d crux of d mata, na to dance around in circles!

The issue on ground is not "ehnn...let APC and PDP zone it to d s/e".
The mata 4 ground now don pass dt level! Even if that is done, ie both apc and pdp zone it to se, another party dt fields a non-s/e candidate will win!

You don't see eyetoeye with the ppl dt have d numbers so how do u think they'll support u in ur quest?

If without 'power' d northerners are endangered species in alaigbo, you think they don't know what awaits them if u ascend d mantle of leadership?

Will u knowingly drive ur car into a ditch?
Nor be juju be dt?
cool

https://www.nairaland.com/7139923/gunmen-kill-suya-seller-anambra
https://www.nairaland.com/7140009/unknown-gunmen-kill-mother-4

The only thing dt can cause a change is for ALL d 70+ parties to zone it to s/e (which is highly unlikely), bcus even if 69 zones it to s/e and just only one zones its own to a non-s/e candidate, na him (d latter) go win!

Its bitter, but its d reality on ground!
cool

Stupid trash!! The soldier that resigned to campaign for Obi, is he not a northerner? Speak for your hate consumed self.
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Vulturereloaded: 8:49pm On May 23, 2022
Coming from someone that believes buhari is dead because and 3xpelled cultist and university droput told him so.

Once the party gives him ticket, the north is not voting for peter obi. They are voting for PDP polticians in their region. It depends on the PDP governors, reps etc to mobilise their people to vote the party.

He will sweep the south, the northern votes will be shared between him and the other candidate.

All these lame analysis is what creates the good for nothing leaders we have in Nigeria.
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Deltatoto: 8:52pm On May 23, 2022
duro4chang:
do u know how gej managed to win?why didn’t he win in 2015?Obi cannot win pdp ticket let alone general election.Obi is a good man o but wining election is beyond being a good man.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Kalashnikov49: 8:58pm On May 23, 2022
udele1 aka minorityopinion aka edosignature aka easternvoice aka oyigboupdate current Moniker Vulturereloaded...i just want to say than you for being so useless!!

YOU DON CAST BADLY... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Vulturereloaded:
Coming from someone that believes buhari is dead because and 3xpelled cultist and university droput told him so.

Once the party gives him ticket, the north is not voting for peter obi. They are voting for PDP polticians in their region. It depends on the PDP governors, reps etc to mobilise their people to vote the party.

He will sweep the south, the northern votes will be shared between him and the other candidate.

All these lame analysis is what creates the good for nothing leaders we have in Nigeria.
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Gbagura: 9:01pm On May 23, 2022
Nyanmiris go renew their wailing and return to their default ipob mode when Peter Obi lose woefully.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Freedom34: 9:05pm On May 23, 2022
Lolz.....when we tork say shi-shi politics una nor understand e go be like insult!
How u wan take compare hausaman way resign to campaign/work for obi (with benefits attached of course) with d collective will of d northeners? grin grin

Abi e tell u say hin dey do am free of charge ni?

wingmanIII:

Stupid trash!! The soldier that resigned to campaign for Obi, is he not a northerner? Speak for your hate consumed self.
Even u sef as u dey, if 'Tilumbu' offer u a mouthwatering offer to be his wingman in his campaign, won't you do it despite all d insults u and ur clan have cast at him?
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by duro4chang(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2022
Deltatoto:
do u know how gej managed to win?why didn’t he win in 2015?Obi cannot win pdp ticket let alone general election.Obi is a good man o but wining election is beyond being a good man.
It is okay.
Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Nebulax: 9:38pm On May 23, 2022
Some Igbo's are now waking up to the reality.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Yet Peter Obi's Time To Be President by Nebulax: 9:40pm On May 23, 2022
Skyview01:

I 100 percent agree with you. Maybe he is gunning for the VP slot.

Did Obi contest the last Pdp presidential primary? If No, he can't be picked this time. He was more like a liability to Atiku when it comes to spending

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Wike Blast Ned Nwoko / Wike Will Pay Dearly For His Arrogance / 2023 Elections: Tinubu Asks APC To Calm As He Heads To Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.