Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK (46657 Views)

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by confido2017: 11:21am On May 25, 2022
Good morning all, please is it really true about getting work from Nigeria to UK or Canada?

As any one here gotten through this way or means?

Thank you
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 11:27am On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
i will advise you as a friend/brother will and then as an enemy.as a friend / brother i will say you are the most unqualified candidate to go abroad. you have 4 kids ? which in itself is not a problem if your name is dangote or otedola but for you ? its a burden that will sink you abroad. secondly you dont have any marketable skillset. and so you are most defnitely going to be doing manual labor or security work. so the question is what right thinking person leaves 600k per month to go and be doing manual labor abroad. i would even go as far as to say you are not even qualified to have a 600k job in nigeria because you said you are a salesperson so basically you are just one lucky bastard ( british slang ) and if i were you i would hold on tight to that job because there are 200 million people who want that job.

back to the abroad thing, someone told you he is making 2 million a month dong security work but did that low iq deceptive guy tell you what the cost of living is ? lets see so 2 million is 2600 pounds a month. thats 650 pounds a week. rent is 250 pounds a week, council tax is 30 pounds, water 50, light 40, tv license 30, feeding of 6 people is like 150 pounds a week, clothes for 6 people is like 300 pounds a week, internet 40 pounds a week, phone line is like 30 pounds a week, with 4 kids you need a car, car insurance is like 40 a week, gas like 40, road tax like 20, mot like 10, so when i add up all these expenses they come to 1030 pounds a week and so you can see that earning 650 pounds a week will not cover your expenses. someone like yu will have to earn 5000 pounds a month in the uk to survive ( thats 4million naira a month you have to earn ) and so your low iq friend is not telling you that the 2 million per month is too small. he is hoping you would think you are living for free with no expenses and all the 2 million is take home..and that is the reality of your situation

conlusion > you are hghly unqualified to go abroad unless you dont mind a life of misery and suffering and manual labor and council estates Where your kids would be beaten up by jamaican thugs everyday. YU BETER HOLD ONTO YOUR 600K JOB

NOW THE ADVICE ABOVE WOULD BE FOR A FRIEND OR BROTHER BUT TO AN ENEMY I WOULD SAY JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. GO TO THE UK. YOU WILL ENJOY YA LIFE cheesy cheesy

It's quite obvious you've not worked in the UK before. The cost for most of those items you listed are laughable. £300 per week for clothes? That's about enough to clothe the family for 6m- 1yr. £10 for MOT? The cost of MOT paid yearly is about £45. I dont know how you got 10. If you know the percentage of familes earning upto 5000 after tax in the UK, you'd stop saying that.

If you look thru this thread, most high earners in Nigeria who migrated have consistently said it's most times worth the move if you go thru the right means.

One thing to understand is how deveoped countries are structured. In the UK, there are loads of people living on benefits. The system needs folks to work and pay tax. Therefore, the system is structured in a way that with virtually any job you do, if you work reasonably, you should be able to lead a good life.
The system needs folks to work so the government does not pay them. In Nigeria, you need to work so you don't die.
Hence, the way you look at 'menial' jobs is quite different. A plumber, uber driver e t.c can easily take home more money than some doctors.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

its unwise to try to compare what someone makes in Nigeria with what you make in the UK.... here is a simple clue: what you make in Nigeria with 600K, you will need to make no less than £5K weekly in the UK to have the same lifestyle. here is another clue of what i am saying: with the £1k weekly that you make in the UK, you cant remotely think of living comfortably in the best Neighborhood of London.

i am sorry to say that, in London, earning £1K weekly is considered middle class at best....in Nigeria where the minimum salary is 30K, earning 600k monthly (aka 20times the minimum salary), you are rich!

This is laughable. Do you know what £5000 is? It looks as if the salaries earned by premier league players confuse many. How much do you think MPs earn?

London is London for a reason. It's the financial capital of Europe and attracts money the world over. A £5k pm take home after tax is good money in most parts of the UK

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 11:31am On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

It's quite obvious you've not worked in the UK before. The cost for most of those items you listed are laughable. £300 per week for clothes? That's about enough to clothe the family for 6m- 1yr. £10 for MOT? The cost of MOT paid yearly is about £45. I dont know how you got 10. If you know the percentage of familes earning upto 5000 after tax in the UK, you'd stop saying that.

If you look thru this thread, most high earners in Nigeria who migrated have consistently said it's most times worth the move if you go thru the right neans.

One thing to understand is how deveoped countries are structured. In the UK, there are loads of people living on benefits. The system needs folks to work and pay tax. Therefore, the system is structured in a way that with virtually any job you do, if you work reasonably, you should be able to lead a good life.
The system needs folks to work so the government does not pay them. In Nigeria, you need to work so you don't die.
negro yu must be crazy. i am mr UK on nairaland. what i dont knw about the UK is not worth knowing. and yes a family of 6 would buy school uniforms and house clothes and wigs and accesories and socks and shoes etc. am not saying they are buying it weekly but i am doing a weekly budget of an annual salary. try to understand.

and the bolded is what differentiates me and other people like me from you. i dont just want to live a good life and have Zero In my bank account. i want to thrive and have some money in my bank account. and thats why i dont like the UK. IT IS STRUCTURED TO JUST LIVE A SUBSISTENCE LIFE

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by laridris: 11:50am On May 25, 2022
better
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 11:51am On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
negro yu must be crazy. i am mr UK on nairaland. what i dont knw about the UK is not worth knowing. and yes a family of 6 would buy school uniforms and house clothes and wigs and accesories and socks and shoes etc. am not saying they are buying it weekly but i am doing a weekly budget of an annual salary. try to understand.

Young lout I am also in the UK, a higher income earner and I pay over 40% of my take home in income tax that's aside roughly 10% in NI and then pensions too. When in Nigeria, I earned good money with less tax but I'd rather I paid a similarly high rate in Nigeria and still had same basic amenities I get in the UK.

It is absolutely senseless to budget £300 pw for clothes as a working family. Thats £15.6k pa on clothes for a family trying to keep up. Tell me how you came about your weekly £10 for mot or £30 for TV licence

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 11:56am On May 25, 2022
sukkot:

and the bolded is what differentiates me and other people like me from you. i dont just want to live a good life and have Zero In my bank account. i want to thrive and have millions of dollars in my bank account. and thats why i dont like the UK. IT IS STRUCTURED TO JUST LIVE A SUBSISTENCE LIFE

I don't need millions in my bank account without giving my fair share back to make my society livable. I want to lead a sensible life, contribute to society and go when my time comes. The UK is structured in such a way that most are propped up into a reasonable living standard and those who want to go home with loads have to give a good chunk back to society. What is the structure in Nigeria where our senators earn more than the US president?

That is the difference between national wealth and individual wealth. I'd rather be a middle income earner in a developed society than a high income earner in a country where millions live on less than 1 usd per day.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 12:06pm On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

Young lout I am also in the UK, a higher income earner and I pay over 40% of my take home in income tax that's aside roughly 10% in NI and then pensions too. When in Nigeria, I earned good money with less tax but I'd rather pay that rate in Nigeria and have same basic amenities I get in the UK.

It is absolutely senseless to budget £300 for clothes as a working family. Tell me how you came about your weekly £10 for mot or £30 for TV licence
TOO MUCH VAWULENCE cheesy . anyway you know to say that you are a high income earner in the UK MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. because high income earner in the UK starts at 40k per annum but truly 40k is nothing after they remove tax and rent and council tax etc etc. and speaking of basic amenties in the UK to be honest with you unless you are just a sickler who needs the NHS all the time,, i dont see any special basic amenities in the UK. as per 300 per clothes weekly you cant understand it because you dont have 4 growing children who need to upgrade school unform and house clothes and pajamas all the time. E GET WHY OYINBO PEOPLE DEY ONLY BORN 1 PIKIN, ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY DONT LIKE CHLDREN, CHLDREN ARE EXPENSIVE N THE UK. as per the MOT alright a slight exagerration but its only a 9 pound exaggeriation. 9 pounds is nothing. also consider the tv license a slight exagerration. however keep in mind i didnt even mention income tax and phone line for 4 children and so that guy wth his 4 kids in order to be slightly above poverty line has to earn before taxes about 1500 pounds a week aka 6000 a month aka 4.8 million naira a month. if he earns less than this ? he is in the poverty category and it will be a life of struggles

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by GloriousGbola: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
litaninja:
Calm down. Who is paying 300 for clothes per week? And MOT per week? And TV license per week?

Well, growing kids will go through clothes so fast your head will spin. My son is going through a growth spurt and within 3 months his trousers are jumping.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 12:12pm On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

I don't need millions in my bank account without giving my fair share back to make my society livable. I want to lead a sensible life, contribute to society and go when my time comes. The UK is structured in such a way that most are propped up into a reasonable living standard and those who want to go home with loads have to give a good chunk back to society. What is the structure in Nigeria where our senators earn more than the US president?

That is the difference between national wealth and individual wealth. I'd rather be a middle income earner in a developed society than a high income earner in a country where millions live on less than 1 usd per day.
yeah thats not me. i need freedom. money is freedom. if i wake up today and feel like being in bali i want to be able to be there. if i want to be n venezuela today i want to be able to do it. i need that freedom that excess money brings. the UK is a trap. no freedom. you are trapped in a hamster wheel cycle of work and bills, .THATS NEVER BEING FOR ME. i hate prison ( invisble prison walls )

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 12:15pm On May 25, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Well, growing kids will go through clothes so fast your head will spin. My son is going through a growth spurt and within 3 months his trousers are jumping.
right bro hehe. some of these people just dont know cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 12:35pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
TOO MUCH VAWULENCE cheesy . anyway you know to say that you are a high income earner in the UK MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. because high income earner in the UK starts at 40k per annum but truly 40k is nothing after they remove tax and rent and council tax etc etc. and speaking of basic amenties in the UK to be honest with you unless you are just a sickler who needs the NHS all the time,, i dont see any special basic amenities in the UK. as per 300 per clothes weekly you cant understand it because you dont have 4 growing children who need to upgrade school unform and house clothes and pajamas all the time. E GET WHY OYINBO PEOPLE DEY ONLY BORN 1 PIKIN, ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY DONT LIKE CHLDREN, CHLDREN ARE EXPENSIVE N THE UK. as per the MOT alright a slight exagerration but its only a 9 pound exaggeriation. 9 pounds is nothing. also consider the tv license a slight exagerration. however keep in mind i didnt even mention income tax and phone line for 4 children and so that guy wth his 4 kids in order to be slightly above poverty line has to earn before taxes about 1500 pounds a week aka 6000 a month aka 4.8 million naira a month. if he earns less than this ? he is in the poverty category and it will be a life of struggles

The income data for the UK is widely available. Tell me what percentage of UK families earn upto 6k before tax? Then also tell me the poverty rate in Nigeria and the UK.

I have lived both worlds and know which I'd chose. I would avoid details but having over 65% of your eventual takehome taxed at a rate of 40% or above is significant.

The travel from high birth rate, high death rate to low birth rate, low death rate is one that's well documented world over. The reason why raising kids is considered expensive in most western nations boild down to the cost of child care or missed income if parents tend fully themselves.
Food, clothing e.t.c are not first world problems. If you're working in the UK and struggling with clothing, you should be asking yourself serious questions. I and family wear largely branded items and I know how much is spent on clothing. Budgeting £15.6k pa on clothing for an average family is senseless.

Aside labour and accommodation, virtually every other expensive is relatively much more cheaper in the UK than in Nigeria.

Virtually everything on your list was extremely exagerrated

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 12:38pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
yeah thats not me. i need freedom. money is freedom. if i wake up today and feel like being in bali i want to be able to be there. if i want to be n venezuela today i want to be able to do it. i need that freedom that excess money brings. the UK is a trap. no freedom. you are trapped in a hamster wheel cycle of work and bills, .THATS NEVER BEING FOR ME. i hate prison ( invisble prison walls )

Then why not leave and enjoy tax-free freedom in Nigeria?
And when in Nigeria, make sure you settle in the 'cheaper' states like Gombe, Jigawa, Kogi...
Nigeria is even expensive. I heard Niger and Central African Republic are much cheaper

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
[s]but brother do you know that you have destroyed your life ? how do you go from being a manager at a telco company to being a flashlight carrying dog walking nightstick carrying rent a cop security guard in a mall in america ? i mean you went from being called oga and boss to being called ' african booty scratching rent a cop ass nigga ' by african americans, because we all know african americans love to abuse security guards. how do you go from making it to the top of the food chain in the most populous black nation in the world and you threw all that away to become a rent a cop in a mall in america ? you know i had a friend in your exact same situation. he was a manager at etisalat. a telco. he gave himself 4 years and in those 4 years as manager he studied the busness model and made contacts and after he left the company he created his own telco consultancy firm and the guy charges crazy money frm these telco companies. he bought a 600 million naira house in victoria island where he lives now and a vacation home in london. this is the kind of moves we expect from people who have made it to the top of the foodchain not to throw it all away to become a dog walking night stick carrying african booty scratcher torchlight flashng rent a cop ( the names african americans would call you ) in america. i mean are you really in a position to advice anyone ?

and all you people that destroy your lives and say it s because of your children, you people are ignorant as to the spiritual nature of this world. those souls have been in the world millions of years before and they just come through families and this time around God just passed those souls through you so as to just nurture and then release them into the wild hen it is time but they do not belong to you. they just pass through you and each of these souls come pre-packaged ith their own ORI aka their own destiny and karma. what will happen to them is already pre-packaged and cant be changed. you can take them to the USA allyou want but if the destiny s to be terminated by a gangbanger or die in car accident or end up in prison n the usa that is just what is gong to happen. and so these souls are entities on their own who just happen to pass through you in the 3 dimensional world but they have been here millions of years and have passed through several families before and so to destroy your own life because of other souls who pass through you is a form of COSMIC CURSE and i dont know what you did or ho you offended to acquire this cosmic curse but i would strongly be looking to dosomecleansng ritual if i were you. you destroyed your life because of souls who are already pre-packaged with their own unchangeable destinies . in this life you are supposed to take care of your own soul and your own self first. all THIS NONSENSE ABOUT GIVING UP MY OWN LIFE FOR MY CHILDREN IS A FORM OF COSMIC CURSE. yall need cleansing[/s]

OP don't blink an eye. Na dem...

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 12:41pm On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

The income data for the UK is widely available. Tell me what percentage of UK families earn upto 6k before tax? Then also tell me the poverty rate in Nigeria and the UK.

I have lived both worlds and know which I'd chose. I would avoid details but having over 65% of your eventual takehome taxed at a rate of 40% or above is significant.

The travel from high birth rate, high death rate to low birth rate, low death rate is one that's well documented world over. The reason why raising kids is considered expensive in most western nations boild down to the cost of child care or missed income if parents tend fully themselves.
Food, clothing e.t.c are not first world problems. If you're working in the UK and struggling with clothing, you should be asking yourself serious questions. I and family wear largely branded items and I know how much is spent on clothing. Budgeting £15.6k pa on clothing for an average family is senseless.

Aside labour and accommodation, virtually every other expensive is relatively much more cheaper in the UK than in Nigeria.
tell me the percentage of peoplein the UK who have 4 children ? less than .00001 percent which is why it is an aging population. my pont being the poverty in the UK is not so obvious because people dont have children to complicate their own circumstances. however if you have 4 children, to be above poverty level you are on a higher threshold of what you need to earn than the average brit because the average brit does not have 4 kids. and so for 4 kids you need to earn at least 6000 pounds a month or you are finshed
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Hehe... sometimes, some statements surprise me.
Seems it's only in the uk that children grow up. Kids in Nigeria are all stunted right?

May I remind you that most Nigerias rely on used clothes from the west. Almost all those clothes imported to Nigeria are clothes that were thrownaway or donated after use. If clothes are your problem, you'd get same used clothes people buy in Nigeria for free in the UK

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 12:44pm On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

Then why not leave and enjoy tax-free freedom in Nigeria?
And when in Nigeria, make sure you settle in the 'cheaper' states like Gombe, Jigawa, Kogi...
Nigeria is even expensive. I heard Niger and Central African Republic are much cheaper
i did. am in naija as i speak to you cheesy cheesy

am in lagos though

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 12:51pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
tell me the percentage of peoplein the UK who have 4 children ? less than .00001 percent which is why it is an aging population. my pont being the poverty in the UK is not so obvious because people dont have children to complicate their own circumstances. however if you have 4 children, to be above poverty level you are on a higher threshold of what you need to earn than the average brit because the average brit does not have 4 kids. and so for 4 kids you need to earn at least 6000 pounds a month or you are finshed

You misunderstand how populations develop. In Nigeria for example, the birth rate in the south is much less than that of the north even for monogamous homes. It's not because northerners are very rich or southerners are scared of the cost of raising kids.
That is also thesame reason why most families in the UK have less kids. Look over Europe, Japan e.t.c. it's thesame story.

A family in the UK saying they're poor is much different from same in Nigeria. I know a number of families living on council homes freely with extra financial support and the kids attending good public schools. After schooling, those kids can apply for student loans if they want to go to uni. In the end, the society bankrolls them thru it all just because their mum said she has mental health problems and hence can't work. Now compare that to Nigeria...

I can go on but it seems a waste of time comparing poverty levels in Nigeria to the UK. Very soon, you'd compare electricity supply.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by GloriousGbola: 12:51pm On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

Hehe... sometimes, some statements surprise me.
Seems it's only in the uk that children grow up. Kids in Nigeria are all stunted right?

May I remind you that most Nigerias rely on used clothes from the west. Almost all those clothes imported to Nigeria are clothes that were thrownaway or donated after use. If clothes are your problem, you'd get same used clothes people buy in Nigeria for free in the UK

And you think Nigerians in the UK will go for used clothes? Maybe you dress your kids with clothes from oxfam

This is the same problem highlighted in every immigrant conversation. People assume that they can somehow replicate their exact situation and expenses in Nigeria in the UK.

Do you also buy your electronics as 'tested'?
Do you buy your cars as 'first body'?
Do you casually pirate movies and other media over your isp?

This is the kind of nonsense thinking where we will hear I am earning 2 million naira in uk

This is why dave chapelle said poverty if not tackled becomes a state of mind. Someone will run to UK with poverty mentality and start wasting time that can be used to earn money to start sorting through discarded clothes. And feeling smart on top of it.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 12:55pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
i did. am in naija as i speak to you cheesy cheesy

am in lagos though

Lol... why you no pursue cheap state.
I'm sure even in Lagos, you would not be in cheap Ajegunle
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 12:55pm On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

You misunderstand how populations develop. In Nigeria for example, the birth rate in the south is much less than that of the north even for monogamous homes. It's not because northerners are very rich or southerners are scared of the cost of raising kids.
That is also thesame reason why most families in the UK have less kids. Look over Europe, Japan e.t.c. it's thesame story.

A family in the UK saying they're poor is much different from same in Nigeria. I know a number of families living on council homes freely with extra financial support and the kids attending good public schools. After schooling, those kids can apply for student loans if they want to go to uni. In the end, the society bankrolls them thru it all just because their mum said she has mental health problems and hence can't work. Now compare that to Nigeria...

I can go on but it seems a waste of time comparing poverty levels in Nigeria to the UK. Very soon, you'd compare electricity supply.
and come to lagos the whole streets is full of 2 or 3 year old northerner chldren in traffic begging for money . you will see millions of tiny cute 2 year old hausa kids dangerously chasing traffic trying to wipe your windshield for money. so i dont understand what point you were trying to make with that comparison

as for the other thing you said i dont doubt that you have a better basic livng standard in the uk but this is for people who want basic living standards. me while i am a minimalist but yet i dont want a basic livng standard. i dont need much in life but i dont want to live my life tied to bills and work
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 1:00pm On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

Lol... why you no pursue cheap state.
I'm sure even in Lagos, you would not be in cheap Ajegunle
hey its where my people are. but to be honest with you a cheaper state that is more organised would be better. am eyeing abeokuta or osogbo or akure
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 1:02pm On May 25, 2022
GloriousGbola:

And you think Nigerians in the UK will go for used clothes? Maybe you dress your kids with clothes from oxfam

This is the same problem highlighted in every immigrant conversation. People assume that they can somehow replicate their exact situation and expenses in Nigeria in the UK.

Do you also buy your electronics as 'tested'?
Do you buy your cars as 'first body'?
Do you casually pirate movies and other media over your isp?

This is the kind of nonsense thinking where we will hear I am earning 2 million naira in uk

You miss my point.
My point is that you don't readily have used clothes in the UK because there is no market for them. Clothes are clothes. You can decide to buy Gucci shoes for £1k per pair.
For heaven sake, kids clothes are extremely cheap in the UK and always on a discount. You could easily get discounted Clarks shoes for about £10. Those shoes would would be used by two kids at least and still be in good condition.
Like I said earlier, if you are working in the UK and what your kids wear is your problem, you should be asking yourself serious questions.

My significant expenditure when I come to kids are these:
Childcare
Private schools (if you want to)
Enjoyable holidays
What support I'd give to those kids as they launch into life- houses e.t.c.

Things like food, clothing are extremely negligible

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jedisco(m): 1:18pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
and come to lagos the whole streets is full of 2 or 3 year old northerner chldren in traffic begging for money . you will see millions of tiny cute 2 year old hausa kids dangerously chasing traffic trying to wipe your windshield for money. so i dont understand what point you were trying to make with that comparison

as for the other thing you said i dont doubt that you have a better basic livng standard in the uk but this is for people who want basic living standards. me while i am a minimalist but yet i dont want a basic livng standard. i dont need much in life but i dont want to live my life tied to bills and work

My point is that the reason why the UK is less than that in Nigeria is not down to cost of raising kids. As nations become more developed, their birth rates drop. Even the well off in the UK are not birthing kids anyhow. Infact, the richer folks have less kids

What's the future of these kids tomorrow? We're here blaming a country that has been able to take care of that. Due do my area of work, I have seen how devastating poverty and income inequalities can be in developing nations. I remember Sanusi once broke down in tears because of the number of kids that were dying as their parents could not raise ridiculously small sums (<500 naira) to transport their children to the hospital.

In Nigeria, you could get a 8yr old, maltreat her, make her a house slave to your kids and even a sex slave as she grows older with no repercussions. Not same elsewhere. That's the reason why I value the social care system/child safeguarding system elsewhere and I dont see the tax paid in maintaining those as a waste. A good society is one everybody benefits from.

It's good to have luxury in life (I also do) but it's more important when majority around are also comfortable

5 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 1:26pm On May 25, 2022
jedisco:

My point is that the reason why the UK is less than that in Nigeria is not down to cost of raising kids. As nations become more developed, their birth rates drop. Even the well off in the UK are not birthing kids anyhow. Infact, the richer folks have less kids

What's the future of thise kids tomorrow. We're here blaming a country that has been able to take care of that. Due do my area of work, I have seen how devastating poverty and income inequalities can be in developing nations. I remember Sanusi broke down in tears once because of the number of kids that were dying as their parents could not raise ridiculous sums (<500) to transport them to the hospital.
In Nigeria, you could get a 8yr old, maltreat her, make her a house slave to your kids and even a sex slave as she grows older with no repercussions. Not same elsewhere. That's the reason why I value the social care system/child safeguarding system elsewhere and I dont see the tax paid in maintaining those as a waste. A good society is one everybody benefits from.

It's good to have luxury in life (I also do) but it's more important when majority arounds are also comfortable
i hear ya bro but it is not my business how other people live their lives. everybody with his or her own cross and karmic debts. i plan to carve my own little heaven in hell. there are many places in nigeria with better standards of living than the UK. better soup na money kill am. make your money and go move to a gated estate in lekki phase 1. they have swimming pools 24 7 electricity, gym, shopping complex, restaurant etc inside them. and you dont have to deal with racism. or beng second class citizen
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Gemma11: 1:30pm On May 25, 2022
Ilekokonit:

Good point.

Even if he gets the touted 2M Naira a month net pay his former boss is getting as a Security guard, that translates to maybe £2,500 net per month. Now if his 4 kids need child care so Mum and Dad can go to work, at £1,000 per month for a registered child minder, his net pay will not cover his 4 kids monthly child care costs talk less of the more than £1,000 rent to accommodate his family of six.

This is before he factors in the fact that his kids will be bullied in school by both black and white kids for their accent and their brilliance and affinity for study. Does he want to put his kids through such. The story of Damilola Taylor the young 10 year old Nigerian kid stabbed to death in London by some school mates because he was a brilliant student comes to mind and this resulted in his parents divorce as his Dad did not want the Mum relocating the boy to school in London.

If he jacks in his 600K naira montly job in naija where he is treated with respect to go abroad as a "student" with limited working hours and start relying on menial jobs to house and feed a family of 6 he is in for heartache the likes he has never experienced before in his life.

My advice to him is to stop comparing notes with his former boss and friends abroad as they are not telling him the FULL story especially the DOWNGRADE to their status in having to resort to menial work after living a middle class life in naija.

If the kids are school aged then it won't cost them much and it would be easy for both mum and Dad to arrange their work schedules around the times the kids will be at school and school holidays. Also after school clubs, if needed will cost no more than £50 a month for each child.

Also if oldest child is over 15, then the younger ones can be left with them in the daytime until parents get back from work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by AngelicBeing: 1:37pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
hey its where my people are. but to be honest with you a cheaper state that is more organised would be better. am eyeing abeokuta or osogbo or akure
Watch your back oo, no let bokoharam or kidnappers know your movement oo or else den go flog shege comot from your bumbum, tie you for banana tree and ask For 930 million pounds as Ransom shocked
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by GloriousGbola: 1:39pm On May 25, 2022
Gemma11:

Also if oldest child is over 15, then the younger ones can be left with them in the daytime until parents get back from work.

A 15 year old is not a responsibile adult
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by sukkot: 1:40pm On May 25, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Watch your back oo, no let bokoharam or kidnappers know your movement oo or else den go flog shege comot from your bumbum, tie you for banana tree and ask For 930 million pounds as Ransom shocked
bros my juju dey strong ooo. i have been cooked very well in the cauldron. if kidnapper see me he will be the one donating money to me

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by GloriousGbola: 1:41pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
i hear ya bro but it is not my business how other people live their lives. everybody with his or her own cross and karmic debts. i plan to carve my own little heaven in hell. there are many places in nigeria with better standards of living than the UK. better soup na money kill am. make your money and go move to a gated estate in lekki phase 1. they have swimming pools 24 7 electricity, gym, shopping complex, restaurant etc inside them. and you dont have to deal with racism. or beng second class citizen

There is one catch though. Your house better have a fortified safe room. All those lekki are wealth surrounded by poverty. All you need is an end sars style breakdown of law and order and those docile niggas will be breaking into your crib to carry your TV, your car and then burn the house down.

This has happened

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by litaninja(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2022
Lmao. The hulk!!!

GloriousGbola:

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by AngelicBeing: 1:43pm On May 25, 2022
sukkot:
bros my juju dey strong ooo. i have been cooked very well in the cauldron. if kidnapper see me he will be the one donating money to me
l know, Greater is He that is in Sukkot than he that is in the kidnappers, and Elisha prayed, Lord open his eyes and He saw Chariots of fire surrounding sukkot grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

18 Common Interview Questions, Tips And Answers / Shell 2023 Graduate Trainee Program / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.