Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? (33054 Views)

Let's Talk About Joining Confraternity Before Getting A Job / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Expect A Regret Mail From Nigerian Breweries If You Fail This Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Judolisco(m): 12:02pm On May 24, 2022
Run oh... Na government jobs dem dey usually pay for
Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Tb222(m): 12:03pm On May 24, 2022
It s only in nigeria a job seeker is asked to pay a sum of #500,000 in order to get a job of #20,000 only in this country

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Udemzy05: 12:04pm On May 24, 2022
Hope say him friend no wan run am street cos normal normal he suppose don hint him padi as the job be before he allow am leave Owerri

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Komu1048(m): 12:04pm On May 24, 2022
Kolenda:
I just feel so bad for my elder bro who has been underemployed since he finished his service year.

Our joy knew no bounds when he called and informed everyone in the family that he will be going to Lagos for a job interview.

What actually happened was that a friend of his contacted him about an opening in their company.

The friend works with one QI group of companies.

The QI group of companies is supposed to be an international organizations that pays in dollars.

So my elder brother left Owerri to Lagos on a night bus yesterday. He was well received by his friend and according to him, he did the interview with some representatives of the company.

After the interview, he was asked to pay a whopping sum of 480k for the slot.

My questions now are: how and where will an unemployed get money to pay for a job slot?

If someone can be able to make 480k, why will the person be job hunting?

Is QI group of companies even legit or a scam?
Why can't the government really regulate all these thing?

This county na man chop man...
Now my brother has left Lagos for Owerri this night.

I can't imagine what he's going through. The financial stress, the emotional stress, the psychological stress and what have you.
I pray God showers his blessings on him.

Was religiously following your write up until I saw the bolded part, like wc govt, my elder brother paid 900k for federal prison job(na loan ooo) till now he no get am. He paid it in their office oo since 2020. Broz if e legit make he pay, that's the naija we find ourselves

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by engrjosefz(m): 12:05pm On May 24, 2022
It is a coded scam... A friend of mine sent me his offer letter of same QI company last month, it's a fake n cheap scam... The Photoshop or Corel draw designer is still a learner...

See attached pix

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Enumerator(m): 12:07pm On May 24, 2022
Confirm!
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright.....

Even the government way you say make them look into the matter na im worse pass.....na government parastatal them for sell job pass

We are all corrupt In this country

We are not really angry about corruption the way we pretend to

We are just angry because we are not the one carrying out the corruption
Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:08pm On May 24, 2022
Kolenda:

Ok o.
I'm just surprised because this is coming from his friend.

Your enemy no fit betray you!
Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by JideMakinwa(m): 12:08pm On May 24, 2022
SageTravels:
This is just like a norm now.

Tell your brother to run ooooo. He should keep applying. E go sure one day.

Before una sell family land or property, tell him to tell them to collect the money from his salary. Let him sign agreement with them. The 480k should be deducted from his salaries.

Wise
Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by tupix(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2022
Kolenda:
I just feel so bad for my elder bro who has been underemployed since he finished his service year.

Our joy knew no bounds when he called and informed everyone in the family that he will be going to Lagos for a job interview.

What actually happened was that a friend of his contacted him about an opening in their company.

The QI group of companies is supposed to be an international organizations that pays in dollars.

So my elder brother left Owerri to Lagos on a night bus yesterday. He was well received by his friend and according to him, he did the interview with some representatives of the company.

My questions now are: how and where will an unemployed get money to pay for a job slot?

I can't imagine what he's going through. The financial stress, the emotional stress, the psychological stress and what have you.

https://www.nairaland.com/6877609/quest-international-company-port-harcourt#108145762

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by thelegend1(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2022
The one that shocked me to my bone was a Recruitment for Dangote. After hyping me that they love my profile and that the job would be mine, the so called HR manager (probably 3rd party recruiting on behalf of Dangote) told me I needed to pay some money to secure the slot.

I asked myself what if this is how they've been brainwashing other people? Swallowed my pride and rejected the offer...but saved the chat for future reference.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by DARLINGTON869(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2022
Best thing for him is to use that money and start a lucrative business.

T O DARLING

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by NaijaCover(m): 12:10pm On May 24, 2022
Nawa o
Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by lomprico(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2022
Kolenda:

Scam o!
Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by purejustice36: 12:11pm On May 24, 2022
Bro it’s an old school scam

Boys don chop this update finish in 2006
That his friend na part of the plan to make to advantage of his situation as a desperate job seeker
Las las story go enter or company go close down after 3 months
No legit company will request any money for slot in their company

If his friend is truly pure and has also gained from the company , let him show your brother his account statements on how he’s been paid before by the company

If that’s done, let your brother ask him to help him pay the amount needed and deduct it from his salary when paid

If he gives any excuses then he’s to be avoided totally

Lights up my kpoli in peace

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by papiilo(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2022
Kolenda:

og
Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Perocom(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2022
Kolenda:

With Government jobs, this is a common trend, but for a company, you are employed on the basis of competence not by parting with monetary gratification. The private jobs are not even secured so what's the point. Please tell your brother to activate caution in his job-hunting before he is used for a pie. He shouldnt be too desperate at same time not give up the hunt. The heavens are awake to our problems. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Shosvegas(m): 12:13pm On May 24, 2022
Kolenda:

Ok o.
I'm just surprised because this is coming from his friend.
That is why it's a scam ...I can bet it with you 100% scam

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Engrchidera: 12:14pm On May 24, 2022
Pure scam I have been a victim last year Oct

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Blackman101: 12:14pm On May 24, 2022
I don't know about the Company QI, in Nigeria people are paying 3-5m for job.

A very painful thing but is the situation we find yourself

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by denjluk: 12:15pm On May 24, 2022
How do you expect President seat seekers to pay N100m.

The country is already a joking center.

Oga...... OYO

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Shosvegas(m): 12:16pm On May 24, 2022
Komu1048:

Was religiously following your write up until I saw the bolded part, like wc govt, my elder brother paid 900k for federal prison job(na loan ooo) till now he no get am. He paid it in their office oo since 2020. Broz if e legit make he pay, that's the naija we find ourselves

Why your brother never get the job since 2020 and you are still hopeful...your brother has been scammed.

No legit

Bros na scam

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by LaconicINC: 12:16pm On May 24, 2022
Confirmed scam! His friend is a part of gang
Kolenda:

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by CalabarPikin: 12:17pm On May 24, 2022
Tell him no to try it oh even if he has the money

It's a bring two people shit ooh.

I know someone who has fallen victim already

Tell him to run and not look back ooh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by ambassadorsam(m): 12:18pm On May 24, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by iamhappyking: 12:18pm On May 24, 2022
It is so simple solving this quizz
tell them that you will pay in installments from your salary.
case close

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by gentleguy1975: 12:18pm On May 24, 2022
I had a similar experience in 2010, I was earning 46k then when I got a chance to work at Nigeria custom, but,then to get the slot each person has to cough out a whopping #750k!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by baralatie(m): 12:19pm On May 24, 2022
As in
Ask o

1 Like

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by Vejin(m): 12:19pm On May 24, 2022
my friend wey I dey chop from the same pot from fell for this particular scam.. at first we tried to talk him out of it cos it was too good to be true. I mean which company in Nigeria would actually agree to be paying you in dollars every 2 or 3 weeks... see bro just call your bro tell am mk e dey cm bk. cos once he pays that amount e go clear for his eyes say na scam.. and he can't get paid shishi unless he brings someone else.. my nigga was actually talked into it by his own cousin brother based in Lagos and he paid a whooping 450k. till now his so called cousin never come village.. dey even call police for am and he promised to refund.. immediately I saw a company that will pay you in dollars I just knew right away na outright scam

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by ossaiii: 12:20pm On May 24, 2022
How are you sure your brother is saying the truth. I hope he's not the one about to scam your family.

Kolenda:

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by owiko(m): 12:20pm On May 24, 2022
Tell your bro that a nrlander is confidently telling him that this Qi job ish is the new organised job scam format in town. A former coursemate in the uni led me on for almost 2 months with the promise of giving me same type of job, though in Port Harcourt. The only difference is that I was skeptical, and asked too many questions, hence I didn't get to attend their interview before I realized it was all scam. He told me I needed to pay 450k to get the job. Stay woke guys

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? by anonimi: 12:21pm On May 24, 2022
NwaNimo1:
And then you won't be paid regularly or on time....
Naija na scam!

No.
200 million Nigerians are scammers and Bubu's lazy youths who joke around with everything.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Ugly Experience With A HR Officer In Abuja / Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) / RECRUITMENT: Police Fixes Date For Screening Nationwide; Here Are 8 Things You M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.