Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Charity In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Charity In Nigeria (733 Views)

If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? / Uk Charity Planning On Setting Up In Nigeria - Advice Needed! / Setting Up Charity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charity In Nigeria by Laajman(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2011
I just left a public hospital in Toronto, and was awed by the roll call, which shows names of individuals/institutions that
have made charitable donations.

On a broader level, Charities are a big deal. They are run by professionals and employ a sizeable number of people.Obviously, they are funded by donations from individuals/institutions. This is one reason why these folks keep advancing. These charities fund scholarships, research, all for the common good.Something struck me yesternight while watching a group of arab demonstrators on tv.

There is so much unrest in the world today- especially in the Middle East where there are so many young people living in deplorable conditions and have no jobs. The gap between the rich and poor keeps widening. About 10% of the world's wealthiest control 90% of the wealth. Its a similar situation in Nigeria.

It also amazing how "underdeveloped" Charity is in Nigeria. We've got so many wealthy folks who can make a huge difference in their communities.

Is it an african thing to enjoy in the midst of so much poverty and suffering?

(1) (Reply)

Solved / I Swear: All Your Need For Business Startup And Change Your Life Forever. / Registering A Compnay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.