Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? (14372 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Thugs & Law Enforcement Officers Extorting Motorists. / Taxi Driver Fights Two Law Enforcement Officials In Akure (video) / 17 Law Enforcement Agencies You Need To Identify With While In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:
I don't know if it's the right section for this, I happened to visit a friend of mine and he wasn't home, so I stood by the gate contemplating if I should go and come back later or wait a little longer. Suddenly people started running to and fro, inside their houses. One guy even left his smart phone in the chair he was sitting opposite a provision shop. Ah, all this while I just stood there wondering what's happening, before some set of vans of police drove pass the narrow street. they didn't even stop they were going somewhere else.

This isn't the first time I'm experiencing this mostly when i visit the rural areas... Advanced men runs.... young teens runs...adults run....so I always wondered why do they always run?

Why not stand still like the way I did?

Go and thank God first!

I was once held for an offence committed by a coworker. The complainant even said he doesn't know me, yet the police said I should write statement. I wrote the truth (I don't know the guy and he said he doesn't know me), they tore it and said I should rewrite it.

While we were there, a guy who earlier came to report disturbance (some guys were fighting) was arrested, handcuffed and brought to the station.

He was crying and screaming that he was the one that came to report, why are they handcuffing him?

Eventually, I was released after paying ₦10,000 "bail" which the DPO put inside his pocket and left.

See, just avoid police.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Richie77: 6:09pm On May 24, 2022
You might produce the receipt for the phone you bought 6years ago.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by 9182736455O1999(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2022
Crafteck1:

You dont stay in Nigeria
You always meet the wrong ones.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Ebonygeek(f): 6:12pm On May 24, 2022
Because whether or not you commit a crime, they'll always find a way to pin something on you

That's how I tied my mattress to the top of my mom's car to make an interstate trip and one idiot wanted to take me to station because I didn't have 'carrier's permit'. Las las e collect 1500 from my hand. If I calculate all the 500 and 200 I just dey pass to them ehn...

Na why some motorists dey wan jam them pass for road

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Crafteck1: 6:21pm On May 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:

You always meet the wrong ones.

As i said, you probably don't live here. I still paid 40k bribe today on an issue that i wasnt guilty so that my business an go on
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Eryyy92: 6:21pm On May 24, 2022
Because of
I nor follow I nor follow, 50k don drop.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:23pm On May 24, 2022
U wan collect abi?
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by ikeno(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2022
you ñever jam.you never see where police they use catchers(people that are working with the police to help them catch innocent people so that they can extort them).
even standing in your compound does not guarantee your safety because they can arrest there.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Jmichael1(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2022
Use ur leg(run)bail urslf beta pass"officer abeg i no follow....
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:34pm On May 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Can't remember telling you to book an appointment before seeing your buddie. A five seconds call would save you a lot things;

*ring your buddy
You = how far
Buddy = I dey
You = You dey house
Buddy = Yes
You = I dey come.
*end call.

Try this everytime before visiting your buddy. It helps

You know this is rubbish right?

I respect the fact that you have a right live your solo-solo oyibo life (which is why you people have depression and suicide) the African life is communal living and surprise visitations and you have no right complaining about it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Gamezi(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2022
Because the fear of law enforcement agencies in Nigeria is the beginning if wisdom and your safety
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Abagworo(m): 6:38pm On May 24, 2022
Because of bail money.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Lumig: 6:48pm On May 24, 2022
Because most Nigerians are thieves or criminals one way or another
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by tunjilee003: 6:50pm On May 24, 2022
the reason is because law enforcement agencies are animals in human clothing,they will surely plant something to incriminate you, I've seen cases like that...
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 24, 2022
Ferrytechshop:
because jail i not not a place to be .we do what we do for money

Are you a policeman?
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by chaseblack(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:
They are culprits. If they pursue them arrest them now, them go begin shout.

I have seen police arrest people just for walking. The police prefers to arrest and ask questions later.
So why should I suffer in the cell just because a police thinks I'm a suspect even when I'm not?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Dproperties: 6:53pm On May 24, 2022
Nigeria Law enforcement agencies are criminals, I better befriend a Boko Haram than all of the mentioned above.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Akharmony: 6:54pm On May 24, 2022
Federal theifs
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by 9182736455O1999(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2022
chaseblack:

I have seen police arrest people just for walking. The police prefers to arrest and ask questions later.
So why should I suffer in the cell just because a police thinks I'm a suspect even when I'm not?
So do you run anytime you see them?
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2022
Zonefree:
Let's talk about why people run when they see Police later, why visiting people without letting them know you're coming? You didn't call or send message across prior to your visit? It's total disrespect to visit people unannounced.

Thunder fire total disrespect, the day any of my friend tells me this crap,
That day I'll cut him/she off.

Nonsense and wokeness.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Aganju849: 7:00pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:
I don't know if it's the right section for this, I happened to visit a friend of mine and he wasn't home, so I stood by the gate contemplating if I should go and come back later or wait a little longer. Suddenly people started running to and fro, inside their houses. One guy even left his smart phone in the chair he was sitting opposite a provision shop. Ah, all this while I just stood there wondering what's happening, before some set of vans of police drove pass the narrow street. they didn't even stop they were going somewhere else.

This isn't the first time I'm experiencing this mostly when i visit the rural areas... Advanced men runs.... young teens runs...adults run....so I always wondered why do they always run?

Until they charge you for wandering
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:02pm On May 24, 2022
Because them their selves are the real enemies in disguise
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by oyeb15: 7:04pm On May 24, 2022
Policemen are worst than armed robbers. If you allow them to arrest you even when you are innocent, they will be asking your family to pay 50k - 100 k to bail you.

All of them go die horribly IJN.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Aroyjunior(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2022
Nobody likes wahala in any form.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by chaseblack(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:

So do you run anytime you see them?

I don't run but I'll rather avoid them tactically.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Slynation(m): 7:09pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:

it depends on the scenario shaah.. You know Nigerian Policemen ain't professional in there dealings, so it's always advisable to run away from any crime scene especially if you are a young guy, they will simply make arrest and pin the crime on your head..."Oga I no follow cost 50K bail"

I was chatting with a police guy living in my neighborhood one certain and I asked him why do Police behave the way they do, arresting innocent citizen in a crime scene and he told me it's not there fault, that they have an order from the DPO that no matter what, they shouldn't return without making arrest...

So don't blame people for running away, na Naija we dey grin
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by nedekid: 7:09pm On May 24, 2022
Akowonjo roundabout, come and see drivers making wide u turns to avoid the police and lasma BEGGERS. I wonder if they pay those people salaries. Especially one older looking police woman in traffic uniform. They stop cars just to smile and beg for money. Truelly a disgrace.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by chatinent: 7:12pm On May 24, 2022
If you see people running in Nigeria, run first, investigate when you reach home. I don drop OT for you.

The NPF also patrol at night to arrest people who are walking...I mean just walking.

Voom kanma karia statement.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by DrDunamis(m): 7:12pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:

Signs of a failed state.
Those in power and entrusted to protect the people have made merchandise and abused the people
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:14pm On May 24, 2022
chaseblack:

I don't run but I'll rather avoid them tactically.
Yeah, better
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by lonelydora: 7:36pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:

He who runs, live to run another day.

Bros, next time run before askin questions. Don't be a victim of being in the right place at the wrong time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Medbury Medical Suspends Driver For Using Ambulance To Convey Stolen Tramadol / Nigerian Man Arrested As Police Bust International Drug Peddling Racket In India / Can't I Study Political Science With These O'level Grades?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.