Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? (14378 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Thugs & Law Enforcement Officers Extorting Motorists. / Taxi Driver Fights Two Law Enforcement Officials In Akure (video) / 17 Law Enforcement Agencies You Need To Identify With While In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by headbasher96(m): 7:49pm On May 24, 2022
Weather u follow u no follow u must enter!
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by efficiencie(m): 7:51pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:
I don't know if it's the right section for this, I happened to visit a friend of mine and he wasn't home, so I stood by the gate contemplating if I should go and come back later or wait a little longer. Suddenly people started running to and fro, inside their houses. One guy even left his smart phone in the chair he was sitting opposite a provision shop. Ah, all this while I just stood there wondering what's happening, before some set of vans of police drove pass the narrow street. they didn't even stop they were going somewhere else.

This isn't the first time I'm experiencing this mostly when i visit the rural areas... Advanced men runs.... young teens runs...adults run....so I always wondered why do they always run?

Why not stand still like the way I did?

They are not law enforcement officers they are suffering enforcement officers...their job is to compound the suffering of ordinary Nigerians because they themselves were trained through suffering. In Nigeria there is the rich and the guilty. If you are not rich you are automatically guilty as far as the police is concerned. You don't need to commit a crime in Nigeria to be a criminal, just be poor and you are automatically a criminal worthy to be exploited, maimed, shot, manhandled, extorted and trampled on by the police.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by themanderon: 7:57pm On May 24, 2022
Because innocent or guilty you ain't safe with those criminals.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by bergs2: 8:09pm On May 24, 2022
Bluezy13:
Keep standing when others are running...
One day your question will be answered.
Simple but very articulative.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by kenny5811(m): 8:11pm On May 24, 2022
I no follow na 10k for my area, that's why we avoid police....
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by clericuzzio(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:
I don't know if it's the right section for this, I happened to visit a friend of mine and he wasn't home, so I stood by the gate contemplating if I should go and come back later or wait a little longer. Suddenly people started running to and fro, inside their houses. One guy even left his smart phone in the chair he was sitting opposite a provision shop. Ah, all this while I just stood there wondering what's happening, before some set of vans of police drove pass the narrow street. they didn't even stop they were going somewhere else.

This isn't the first time I'm experiencing this mostly when i visit the rural areas... Advanced men runs.... young teens runs...adults run....so I always wondered why do they always run?

It's because: I no follow I no follow, 10k go still come out of your pocket

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by seunayantokun(m): 8:36pm On May 24, 2022
In Nigeria, law enforcement agents are law breakers enforcing the law against law breakers, and most times heartlessly against law keepers.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Lamasta(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:

If everybody dey run make you no run you here make you dey dia dey type English na kirikiri you go land for crime way you no commit way police go say you commit grin
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Irondome1: 9:42pm On May 24, 2022
Voom is better than statement.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by okenwaa(m): 9:46pm On May 24, 2022
Voom over statement.....anytime, anyday!
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by oilmane(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2022
GraciousGod190:

Bro next time run, 9ja policemen nor well complete, most of them get brain problem, make them nor go reason u say u look like thief go pack am give you then put one oka beside you say u follow them day exchange fire nai u take collect, abi u think say na all d people for prison commit crime?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by damosade(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2022
AND YOU THINK SAY OUR LAW ENFORCERS ARE NORMAL?
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by ThePlugg(m): 11:46pm On May 24, 2022
drmuchin:
OP
Ever hear the wise saying
'Voom ka mma karia statement'?
I swear grin
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Chibyike(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2022
Nigeria will teach you lesson one day. You are not innocent when it comes to Nigeria police.

GraciousGod190:

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by manpeddy: 12:08am On May 25, 2022
Voom ka nma karia statement
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Kingabia1998(m): 4:59am On May 25, 2022
[quote author=GraciousGod190 post=113122481]I don't know if it's the right section for this, I happened to visit a friend of mine and he wasn't home, so I stood by the gate contemplating if I should go and come back later or wait a little longer. Suddenly people started running to and fro, inside their houses. One guy even left his smart phone in the chair he was sitting opposite a provision shop. Ah, all this while I just stood there wondering what's happening, before some set of vans of police drove pass the narrow street. they didn't even stop they were going somewhere else.

Why not stand still like the way I did?[voom ka nma karia statement]
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:09am On May 25, 2022
zxxtx:
E be like say this one no dey Naija

It depends on your personality

I can't imagine myself running on sighting the police, unless they're shooting sporadically!

I'm also training my little kids to grow with that noble mindset
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by ikorodureporta: 6:40am On May 25, 2022
GraciousGod190:

cheesy cheesy
Is like police neva raid you before for no reason...when you go end up bailing yourself, nobody go tell you next time to take precaution
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by olaniyanibukun0: 6:41am On May 25, 2022
Wetin be advanced men?

GraciousGod190:

Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Psoul(m): 8:24am On May 25, 2022
GraciousGod190:

In a country where their Law Enforcement Agency is friendly to the citizens and are relatively guided by the laws of the nation, the citizens do not run when they see them. Even some of their criminals do not run once they sight them cos they also still believe that the Law Enforcers will treat the as in accordance with the laws.

Here in Nigeria, it's not like that. The Law Enforcers will see u and feel they can make fortune out of you. They will arrest you, brutalize you and extort you of your valuables. If care is not taken, they will also kill you.

So, why won't you run away when you see such people?
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Aestheticsdude(m): 8:26am On May 25, 2022
I don't run but I hide or change my direction, so that they won't arrest me for what I I didn't do. Them fit say you be suspect. cry
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by headbasher96(m): 11:07am On May 25, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

It depends on your personality

I can't imagine myself running on sighting the police, unless they're shooting sporadically!

I'm also training my little kids to grow with that noble mindset
them never slap u oshodi slap wait till when u fo collect am then u will know that police is not your friend well as for your kids train them to use their head if not they will surely forget your name the day oshodi slap will reach them talking from exoerience
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by Elimon(m): 4:08pm On May 25, 2022
Na so people run... My friend even jump storey building land for ground. I de say "I no do anything... Last last na 20k my mama bail me for cell.
Re: Why Do People Run From Law Enforcement Agencies At Sight? by judedwriter(m): 9:33am On May 26, 2022
GraciousGod190:

Fear of Nigerian police is the beginning of wisdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested As Police Bust International Drug Peddling Racket In India / The Return Of One Chance Criminals In Umuahia: My Experience / Policeman, Doctor Killed As Robbers Attack Bank In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.