Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta (1512 Views)

2 Sons Of CJN Tanko Win PDP & APC National Assembly Tickets / Shehu Sani Withdraws From APC Senatorial Primaries In Kaduna / Nicholas Ukachukwu Defeats Bianca Ojukwu At APGA Senatorial Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 11:17am On May 24, 2022
Evangelist Michael Diden and Chief Ighoyota Amori were, on Monday, declared winners of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) primaries for Delta South and Central senatorial districts.

Amori, a court-ousted Senator in 2015, who polled 142, defeated his closest rival, Chief John Nani, a former Commissioner in Delta State who scored 123, to emerge the candidate of the party for Delta Central.

In Delta South, Evang. Diden polled 176 to defeat Daniel Reyenieju, Othihiwa Ayodele,
Kent Omatsone scored 49, 46 and 2 respectively.

Reyeineju was a former member of the House of Representatives, and Omatsone, a former Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly.

PDP Delta North Senatorial District primary, which went peacefully like others, saw popular billionaire, Ned Nwoko, who was a former House Representatives member, grabbing the ticket.

Nwoko polled 242 votes to defeat his only rival, Paul Osaji, who scored 67.

READ MORE
19.4million Nigerians will face food crisis by- August- ―- ECOWAS-
Share Story
About
Login

The primaries was held at Warri Township Stadium, Sapele Township Stadium and Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, respectively under very tight security, with no record of violence.

Responding to the victory, Diden said that the overwhelming votes were a demonstration of the confidence the electorates had in him.

“It is a very good victory, the electorates assured me that they want me to represent them at the Senate. You could see that the election was peaceful and the votes overwhelming.

“The electorate gave me a nickname, ‘the peoples’ messenger’ and I assured them that I will deliver the messages.

“I have contested an election before and lost. I congratulated the winner, so today I also congratulate the losers, today is not their turn,” he said.

The Senate aspirant said that he would not be carried away by the victory, describing it as just a friendly football match.

“Today is just like a friendly match, the general election is going to be the knockout match. Anybody that comes from other parties in Delta South to contest for the senatorial seat will be knocked out,” he said.

The former DESOPADEC chairman said that the electorates had assured him of their total support saying that “any day, and anytime, the electorates are for me”.

Meanwhile, a mild drama played out at the Warri Township Stadium venue of the PDP primary for Delta Senatorial District, the Returning Officer and Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu, as well as journalists from the state, was initially barred from gaining access to the stadium by some overzealous security men until reason prevailed through Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/diden-amori-win-pdp-delta-south-north-senatorial-primaries/

Cc mynd44
Kwanza
Guzel
Chukel
Fergie001
Politico
Kyase
Helinues
Tiinubuadvicate
Warriaproko
Fratermathy
Efewwestern
Ogidigbodigbo
Jaxxy
Jrusky
Tutudesz

1 Like

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 11:24am On May 24, 2022
garfield1 Am very happy Diden won O! Let other ethnic groups in Delta South occupy the Senate seat.
Ned won Delta North senatorial ticket
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 11:26am On May 24, 2022
tutudesz:
garfield1 Am very happy Diden won O! Let other ethnic groups in Delta South occupy the Senate seat.
Ned won Delta North senatorial ticket

Am also happy diden won,I really love him.I thought uduaghan is contesting.I dont see Ned winning nwaoboshi
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 11:31am On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Am also happy diden won,I really love him.I thought uduaghan is contesting.I dont see Ned winning nwaoboshi
Uduaghan stepped down for his daughter to contest house of assembly and I think she lost, am yet to see any congratulation message.
Okowa daughter won and Ibori daughter is going for a run off Election today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 11:37am On May 24, 2022
tutudesz:

Uduaghan stepped down for his daughter to contest house of assembly and I think she lost, am yet to see any congratulation message.

Yes.mutu won again.I heard Joel Thomas will be apc candidate for south
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 11:40am On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Mutu the green chamber landlord grin Thomas vs Diden undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Efewestern: 11:41am On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

It's so sad no credible Isoko candidate vied for a Senate seat. A major ethnic group in that district being systematically sidelined.

Ayodele seems to be an interesting candidate, well well well, the electorates have decided. Also, Amori will have it tough in Delta Central. Goodluck to all of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by majole: 11:47am On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Garfield1 do you think Dafinone would be able to defeat Ighota in Delta central?
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Buckeyemedia1: 11:58am On May 24, 2022
majole:

Garfield1 do you think Dafinone would be able to defeat Ighota in Delta central?
Okpe v Urhobo? I doubt it.
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Efewestern: 11:58am On May 24, 2022
tutudesz:

Meyiwa lost to Martins. She already congratulated him yesterday. Looks like we might have a female governor soon. All past leaders are prep'ing their daughters.
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 11:58am On May 24, 2022
majole:

Am not sure.I dont know dafinone but I know apc has advantage in central
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 12:00pm On May 24, 2022
Efewestern:

It's so sad no credible Isoko candidate vied for a Senate seat. A major ethnic group in that district being systematically sidelined.

Ayodele seems to be an interesting candidate, well well well, the electorates have decided. Also, Amori will have it tough in Delta Central. Goodluck to all of them.

Is Joel Thomas not urhobo? I believe once diden finishes his tenure,an isoko will ascend.what can you tell me about dafinone
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 12:01pm On May 24, 2022
tutudesz:

Mutu the green chamber landlord grin Thomas vs Diden undecided

It is a walkover for diden. Thomas won't even win isoko.he should have tried reps.what is the fate of manager

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Buckeyemedia1: 12:02pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Am not sure.I dont know dafinone but I know apc has advantage in central
Urhobo are the majority in Delta central, You field an Okpe man from Delta Central, defeat before arrival.
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Efewestern: 12:03pm On May 24, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Okpe v Urhobo? I doubt it.

Okpe is Urhobo. People will vote in Delta Central base on the candidate's past antecedents.

1 Like

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 12:03pm On May 24, 2022
Efewestern:

Meyiwa lost to Martins. She already congratulated him yesterday. Looks like we might have a female governor soon. All past leaders are prep'ing their daughters.

E go stay oh.after ageege or sheriff,the next gov will be manager or otuaro
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Buckeyemedia1: 12:03pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

It is a walkover for diden. Thomas won't even win isoko.he should have tried reps.what is the fate of manager

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 12:03pm On May 24, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Urhobo are the majority in Delta central, You field an Okpe man from Delta Central, defeat before arrival.

Okpe is urhobo na.stop this nonsense
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 12:04pm On May 24, 2022
Efewestern:

Ibori daughter just won now now O! May youth are giving up on Politics now, since Political offices are meant for their children and families

1 Like

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by SledgeHammerer: 12:05pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Evangelist Michael Diden and Chief Ighoyota Amori were, on Monday, declared winners of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) primaries for Delta South and Central senatorial districts.

Amori, a court-ousted Senator in 2015, who polled 142, defeated his closest rival, Chief John Nani, a former Commissioner in Delta State who scored 123, to emerge the candidate of the party for Delta Central.

In Delta South, Evang. Diden polled 176 to defeat Daniel Reyenieju, Othihiwa Ayodele,
Kent Omatsone scored 49, 46 and 2 respectively.

Reyeineju was a former member of the House of Representatives, and Omatsone, a former Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly.

PDP Delta North Senatorial District primary, which went peacefully like others, saw popular billionaire, Ned Nwoko, who was a former House Representatives member, grabbing the ticket.

Nwoko polled 242 votes to defeat his only rival, Paul Osaji, who scored 67.

READ MORE
19.4million Nigerians will face food crisis by- August- ―- ECOWAS-
Share Story
About
Login

The primaries was held at Warri Township Stadium, Sapele Township Stadium and Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, respectively under very tight security, with no record of violence.

Responding to the victory, Diden said that the overwhelming votes were a demonstration of the confidence the electorates had in him.

“It is a very good victory, the electorates assured me that they want me to represent them at the Senate. You could see that the election was peaceful and the votes overwhelming.

“The electorate gave me a nickname, ‘the peoples’ messenger’ and I assured them that I will deliver the messages.

“I have contested an election before and lost. I congratulated the winner, so today I also congratulate the losers, today is not their turn,” he said.

The Senate aspirant said that he would not be carried away by the victory, describing it as just a friendly football match.

“Today is just like a friendly match, the general election is going to be the knockout match. Anybody that comes from other parties in Delta South to contest for the senatorial seat will be knocked out,” he said.

The former DESOPADEC chairman said that the electorates had assured him of their total support saying that “any day, and anytime, the electorates are for me”.

Meanwhile, a mild drama played out at the Warri Township Stadium venue of the PDP primary for Delta Senatorial District, the Returning Officer and Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu, as well as journalists from the state, was initially barred from gaining access to the stadium by some overzealous security men until reason prevailed through Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/diden-amori-win-pdp-delta-south-north-senatorial-primaries/

Cc mynd44
Kwanza
Guzel
Chukel
Fergie001
Politico
Kyase
Helinues
Tiinubuadvicate
Warriaproko
Fratermathy
Efewwestern
Ogidigbodigbo
Jaxxy
Jrusky
Tutudesz

Ibori had his way eventually with amori
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 12:05pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

The next Governor would be Pondi O! Tompolo nephew
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by nairavsdollars(f): 12:07pm On May 24, 2022
Ibori still in total control of Delta
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 12:07pm On May 24, 2022
tutudesz:

The next Governor would be Pondi O! Tompolo nephew

He is a lawmaker I guess.
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 12:07pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

He wan waste money grin
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 12:09pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

He is a lawmaker I guess.
House of Reps members representing Burutu and he won the ticket again for the 3rd time, all thanks to Uncle Tom
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 12:12pm On May 24, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Ibori still in total control of Delta
Of Central

1 Like

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Efewestern: 12:16pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Is Joel Thomas not urhobo? I believe once diden finishes his tenure,an isoko will ascend.what can you tell me about dafinone

Urhobo chances of winning Delta South is very slim. Remember people vote across ethnic lines. An Isoko candidate would have given Diden a run for his money.

And you are wrong. Power isn't given. It's taken, when Diden is done, the Ijaws might likely takeover.

Dafinone's family are very influential in Delta Central, the entire Okpe will swing to him and Omo-agege will deliver Ughelli South and North. Ethiope west and Uvwie will be a big challenge to him. But he has a good headstart nevertheless.

1 Like

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Efewestern: 12:22pm On May 24, 2022
tutudesz:

Ibori daughter just won now now O! May youth are giving up on Politics now, since Political offices are meant for their children and families

Ibori still reign supreme lol. That lady might be our future governor.
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Unigrad: 12:24pm On May 24, 2022
In Delta, the past governors are positioning their children in Delta Government, Delta governmental positions are now hereditary.

1 Like

Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by Efewestern: 12:24pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

Once these guys leave power, they no longer pull much influence. A big shocker awaits us all. Lol. I joke not when I say they are prep'ing the next female governor.
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by garfield1: 12:25pm On May 24, 2022
Efewestern:

Urhobo chances of winning Delta South is very slim. Remember people vote across ethnic lines. An Isoko candidate would have given Diden a run for his money.

And you are wrong. Power isn't given. It's taken, when Diden is done, the Ijaws might likely takeover.

Dafinone's family are very influential in Delta Central, the entire Okpe will swing to him and Omo-agege will deliver Ughelli South and North. Ethiope west and Uvwie will be a big challenge to him. But he has a good headstart nevertheless.

I'll have preferred emerhor,keyamo or ogboru.ill prefer agege returns to the senate .when diden is done,ijaw will be governor so the isokos will take over.
Re: Diden,amori Win Pdp Senatorial Primaries In Delta by tutudesz: 12:32pm On May 24, 2022
Efewestern:

Ibori still reign supreme lol. That lady might be our future governor.
I see her getting the deputy governor seat in 8 years time undecided presently boys are giving up on Politics and PDP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will Tinubu Accept VP Position In PDP / 2023: A Consensus Candidate Will Emerge For The APC Before Tomorrow - Dave Umahi / New Campaign Strategy For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.