Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? (16280 Views)

Which Universities In Nigeria Has The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? / 3 Nigeria Universities With The Fastest & Slowest Academic Calender / Opinion: 4 Public Universities With The Fastest Academic Calendars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by zikclassiq(m): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
Uniilorin should have the fastest calendar so far. Slowest? I dnt knw o!
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Teejayphillip(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2011
Lagos State University is da worst of all, Journey of 4yrs culd b turned 2 yrs, Veri rubbish skool.I pitied my younger broda skoolin dia
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by SlamDunk(m): 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2011
uniosun s d fastest, i skul thr so i can testify.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by adeibi: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
Saheed9:

@ adeibi which dept u dey, i'm also in oou
MCB and u?
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by tallsalako: 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2011
, as a mata of fact i finished frm beta by far, dis skool remains the fastest so far, imagine i spent 3 n half yrs for my program, GEOLOGY, n i was given ALL i needed in the market within dis class (B. Sc.).
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Tinyemeka(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2011
When I was in school, I'd always known only one school FUTO that kept leading us UNIZIK in the school calender by a few months. There was a time (I think 2004/2005) the then VC Ilochi Okafor SAN so rushed us, that we finished 2 sessions in one year. Students wan die then : ) However, if u'll include private Uni, Caritas Univ, is also fast that they run different sch calendars for the different levels. So, if say 300 level students are thru with their exams, they could commence the next semester wtout having to wait for the rest of the school.

P.S It pains me to see the kind of grammar being employed by our so-called under-graduates & even graduates on this forum. You guys need to step-up, so you don't have to blame anybody for being unemployable in the future.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by mikechrisgeneral(m): 2:56am On Aug 01, 2011
Na u
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Akwafina: 9:54am On Aug 01, 2011
FUTO is the fastest, no time ohh!
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by obiscolly(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2011
Unilag has the all time fastest calendar. With the way we are going i think 5yr course students will soon end up spending 4years in uni grin grin
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by wrecksfurd(m): 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2011
Caritas University is the fastest. They do 'summer' lectures and my cousin did her Year 1&2 in just a year.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by MrInfo1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2011
My guess for fastest Academic Calendar is where i school. 'Uniosun' kiss you guys wont believe we were given a 3 months plus end of section break since MAY n to resume middle of August.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by rhymaholic: 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2011
I'm a bonafide student of the prestigious Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka UNIZIK wink wink winkand its official that we are the fastest university in Nigeria excepting the private Universities. I'm in my final year Mechanical Engineering and i don't know what it feels like going on strike cos we have never experienced it before since my stay in the school, our calendar is so organized and fast i can predict when I'd resume a session and end the session, Session usually resumes by the first Monday of October and by 3rd week of January we on the first semester exams by last week of July we are through with the 2nd semester exams and session, so we have August and September all to ourselves holidaying away, so quit the arguement no University for naija fast pass us, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by macob(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2011
the fastest school calender now is MADONNA UNIVERSITY and the 'dull baby' calender is IMSU Owerri
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by samyng(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2011
FOR ME ITS NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY AWKA
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by buy1get3(m): 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
someone feed me with the right things here plzzzzzz.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by SlamDunk(m): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2011
@ mr info, kilon hapun. na lanruchy. okuku
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by DaDoctor: 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2011
rhymaholic:

I'm a bonafide student of the prestigious Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka UNIZIK wink wink winkand its official that we are the fastest university in Nigeria excepting the private Universities. I'm in my final year Mechanical Engineering and i don't know what it feels like going on strike cos we have never experienced it before since my stay in the school, our calendar is so organized and fast i can predict when I'd resume a session and end the session, Session usually resumes by the first Monday of October and by 3rd week of January we on the first semester exams by last week of July we are through with the 2nd semester exams and session, so we have August and September all to ourselves holidaying away, so quit the arguement no University for naija fast pass us, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

MUMU, U NO EVEN KNOW SAY UR SCHOOL DON OPT OUT OF ASUU SINCE. AND THATS WHY DEY DONT GO ON ANY TYPE OF STRIKE
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Mobinga: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2011
Da Doctor:

MUMU, U NO EVEN KNOW SAY your SCHOOL DON OPT OUT OF ASUU SINCE. AND THATS WHY DEY DONT GO ON ANY TYPE OF STRIKE

So that's what makes him a mumu?

ldiot
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by DaDoctor: 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
Mobinga:

So that's what makes him a mumu?

ldiot

SORRY 2 MUMUS!!!
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Mobinga: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
Da Doctor:

SORRY 2 MUMUS!!!
Ya papa
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by DaDoctor: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2011
Mobinga:

Ya papa

ROTFLMAO!

U ARE BRAINLESS
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Mobinga: 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2011
hahhaahhahaha.

Ya papa
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by DaDoctor: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2011
MAKE I LEAVE YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR USER NAME DEY WORRY YOU!

MO- BINGO
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Darwine(m): 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2011
adaybayor:

i think unaab is the fastest currently cosĀ  i got admitted march 2009 and now am on siwes 1 nd will resume 400L by oct. 4,
I think we should analyse this to see how possible this could be. If you get admitted in 2009, which means it was 2009/2010 session. Remember, the fastest school is expected to begin her new session either september or october and that should be 2011/20122 session in which case, their 2009 sets should be in 3rd year. Mind you, every school does their SIWES in third year or fouth year. So did you do your own in 2nd year to skip 3rd and enter 4th year or does your school run 2months for a semester? What you said is a LIE!So did you do your own in 2nd year to skip 3rd and enter 4th year or does your school run 2months for a semester? What you said is a LIE!
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by MrInfo1(m): 10:59am On Aug 03, 2011
SlamDunk:

@ mr info, kilon hapun. na lanruchy. okuku

i see u sir cheesy
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Darwine(m): 8:42am On Aug 04, 2011
For those of you who wish to know about the quota form for admissions and how to get it from us and the procedures, simply contact us. Goodluck.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 04, 2011
^^To fraudulent! Go get a life
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Mobinga: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2011
Da Doctor:

MAKE I LEAVE YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR USER NAME DEY WORRY YOU!

MO- BINGO

Rotflmao. Ya papa

carbonsyb:

^^To fraudulent! Go get a life

Pay him no mind. Phucking scammer.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Tinyemeka(m): 12:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
rhymaholic:

@ Rhymaholic, I agree with you 100% on the calendar and the bit you said about being able to predict the resumption and vacation dates. Sometimes it was even possible for us to predict the exam dates accurately to the nearest 2 weeks. Surprisingly, that is how it's been since around 2003/2004 when Ilochi Okafor took over.

I know our main challenger then was FUTO. They used to lead us by about a month. I don't know how it is now. You could find out.umes by the first Monday of October and by 3rd week of January we on the first semester exams by last week of July we are through with the 2nd semester exams and session, so we have August and September all to ourselves holidaying away, so quit the arguement no University for naija fast pass us, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[quote][/quote]
@ Rhymaholic, I agree with you 100% on the calendar and the bit you said about being able to predict the resumption and vacation dates. Sometimes it was even possible for us to predict the exam dates accurately to the nearest 2 weeks. Surprisingly, that is how it's been since around 2003/2004 when Ilochi Okafor took over.

I know our main challenger then was FUTO. They used to lead us by about a month. I don't know how it is now. You could find out.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Darwine(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2011
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Darwine(m): 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2011
From all indications, it seems UNN has the fastest school calendar, checking from the way the school moves now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Students Walk Through Water-Covered Road To Attend School In Lagos / Can I Get Admission Into Any Poly Without Jamb?especially Western And Northern Polytechnics. / UNILAG Is Highest Ranked Nigerian University In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.