Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop (14115 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Pls How Do I Use My Bb As Wireless Hotspot??? / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by cardoso111(m): 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2011
How can i use my bb to browse on my laptop pls help me out
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by benzion72(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2011
Get the following
BB
Laptop
USB cord
BB desktop installed on your laptop
Connect ur bb
and go to internet browsing on the desktop software you are good to go
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by benzion72(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2011
U can BB me on 23A112FE

1 Like

Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by Mcleo007(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2011
Mine didn't work. The space to input the apn settings insnt highlighting.
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by benzion72(m): 11:59am On Jul 16, 2011
I have used Airtel and Etisalat succesfully. Glo and MTN require more intelligence that i have not sit down to decode. If you cannot inset APN on the BB software you can do it on your Laptop by setting up an internet dial up. Google using BB as a modem follow the step listed by crackberry cheers
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by frgy1: 9:48am On Jul 17, 2011
benzion72:

I have used Airtel and Etisalat succesfully. Glo and MTN require more intelligence that i have not sit down to decode. If you cannot inset APN on the BB software you can do it on your Laptop by setting up an internet dial up. Google using BB as a modem follow the step listed by crackberry cheers
When you used the etisalat, were you charged from your main account or your BIS package ?
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by benzion72(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2011
@Frgy etisalat uses both BIS and other credit on your phone. what i do is to buy some MB on it. Zain has 1Gig which i have never exhausted before browsing with laptop may cos of the speed if it is faster audio stream is enough to burn 1Gig in a day
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by benzion72(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2011
Follow the following steps to get your BB work as a modem:

Thought these instructions may be useful. If you get it right,

1. Connect Your BlackBerry
Make sure your BlackBerry is connected by USB cable, and your BlackBerry Handheld Manager is running (just launch BlackBerry Desktop to run it.) This is necessary for using the BlackBerry as an external modem. You cannot use Blackberry as a modem unless you have BlackBerry Handheld Manager running in the background!

2. Verify the Modem Driver Is Functioning

Go to Control Panel -> Phone & Modem Options. In the Modems tab, you should see a new Standard Modem on a new port (such as COM6 or COM11). Click Properties -> Diagnostics -> Query Modem.

You should see the following:

Quote:
ATQ0V1E0 - OK
AT+GMM - BlackBerry IPmodem
AT+FCLASS=? - OK
AT#CLS=? - OK
AT+GCI? - OK
AT+GCI=? - OK
ATI1 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem
ATI2 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem
ATI3 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem
ATI4 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem
ATI5 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem
ATI6 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem
ATI7 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem

3. IMPORTANT SPECIAL CONFIGURATION STEP
Click Properties -> Advanced and add the following Extra initialization commands with the appropriate carrier-specific APN Setting:

For APN settings see Carrier APN Settings - ModMyiFone - Wiki

AIRTEL NIGERIA
+CGDCONT=1,"IP"," internet.ng.airtel.com"

ETISALAT
+CGDCONT=1,"IP"," etisalat"

CHOOSE EITHER ABOVE

4. Add a New Internet Connection
Close the Phone and Modem Options and the Control Panel. Create a new connection with Start -> Connect To -> Show all connections -> Create a new connection.
Quote:
1. Click Next
2. Select "Connect To The Internet" then Next
3. Select "Set up my connection manually" then Next
4. Select "Connect using a dial-up modem" then Next.
5. Check only the Standard Modem (if prompted).
6. Give the connection a name such as "BlackBerry Modem", then Next.
7. On the next screen, pick one of the following phone numbers, depending on your carrier:
If you use Vodafone: Enter phone number *99#
8. Click Next.
9. On the next screen, pick one of the following, depending on your carrier:
, If you use Vodafone:
, Username: vodafone
, Password: vodafone
10. Clear all checkboxes ("Use, when anyone, " and "Make this the default, "wink
11. Click Finish

5. Disable IP Header Compression
Make sure TCP/IP Properties (Advanced) "Use IP Header Compression" checkbox is NOT checked. To verify this, do these steps:
Quote:
1. Start Menu->Network Connections->"BlackBerry Modem"
2. Click Properties Button
3. Click Networking Tab
4. Select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)"
5. Click Properties Button
6. Click Advanced, Button
7. Disable "Use IP header compression" checkbox
8. Click all OK buttons to close all dialogs

6. BES Configuration
Skip this step if you are not on BES. You only need to follow this step if your company gave the BlackBerry to you. If you are at a company and you are on a BES 4.0, your Administrator must enable the "BlackBerry IPModem" setting on the BES. This is a new setting in the Version 4.0 of BES.
7. Surf on the Laptop!
Connect to the Internet on the laptop by clicking the "BlackBerry Modem" icon via Start Menu->Network Connections. No username or password is needed.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by benabbey(m): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2011
My friend benzion72 was automatically Ban for posting the above solution kindly unban him please
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by walcolm(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2011
benabbey:

My friend benzion72 was automatically Ban for posting the above solution kindly unban him please

has he been unbanned?
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by nyirenda(m): 11:11am On Aug 06, 2014
If I connect black berry 9300 curve to computer as a modem can I use to browse google or other wapside I browse only facebook using bb discktop software help me
Re: How Can I Use My Bb As A Modem On Laptop by Jfactor(m): 2:22am On Aug 07, 2014
cool

(1) (Reply)

[ROM][4.4.2] Xtremevanilla V3 For Infinix Hot Note Pro X551 By YomiTech / Ghana Orders MTN To Stop Sim Card Sales / Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.