Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Jesus and the Mosaic Law? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus and the Mosaic Law? (2113 Views)

Mosaic Floors From 1500-Yr-Old Lost Church Of The Apostles Found In Israel (Pics / Are Christains Under The Mosaic Law? / Why Wasn't David Or Solomon Put Death For Adultery According To The Mosaic Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 1:43pm On May 24, 2022
The Messiah is coming to keep all that GOD has commanded in the Torah and not to diminish any commandments from the Torah but Jesus Christ did not keep all the Laws of the Torah instead He changed some of them when GOD commanded:

136. To take procedures against a suspected adultress.
(Numbers 5:30)
But Jesus said "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” John 8:7

580. Not to add to the Torah commandments or their oral explanations.
(Deuteronomy 13:1)
But Jesus did not obey this.

581. Not to diminish any commandments from the Torah, in whole or in part.
But Jesus did not obey this also.

610. Not to panic and retreat during battle.
(Deuteronomy 20:3)
Neither did Jesus obey this. When Peter drew out his sword Jesus told Peter to put his sword away. Jesus also told the Jews to flee from Judea.

Is Jesus not Himself divided against the Kingdom of GOD, when Jesus Himself said "a Kingdom divided against itself cannot stand" Mark 3:24.
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:39pm On May 24, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jesus Christ was against GOD's command in Matthew 23:37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing."

when:

God commanded the Jews:
45. Not to fear killing a false prophet.
(Deuteronomy 18:22)

The Messiah is coming to keep all that GOD has commanded in the Torah and not to diminish any commandments from the Torah but Jesus Christ did not keep all the Laws of the Torah instead He changed some of them when GOD commanded:

But Jesus said "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” John 8:7

But Jesus did not obey this.

But Jesus did not obey this also.

Neither did Jesus obey this. When Peter drew out his sword Jesus told Peter to put his sword away. Jesus also told the Jews to flee from Judea.

Is Jesus not Himself divided against the Kingdom of GOD, when Jesus Himself said "a Kingdom divided against itself cannot stand" Mark 3:24.

The Mosaic laws is for the nation of Israel not the Kingdom of God. That's why God told them that a prophet like Moses will be raised among them who will teach them how to live forever! Deuteronomy 18:18-19

The Samaritan woman told Jesus that that's what they are expecting! John 4:25

Peter confirmed that Jesus is that promised Messiah (Christ) whom God foretold through Moses! Act 3:22

So the laws given to the Israelites was to guide them until the Messiah (Christ) comes it's not the constitution we are going to use in God's Kingdom! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 6:42pm On May 24, 2022
Jesus’ declaration was that He came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets, not to abolish them (Matthew 5:17).
Jesus said: “Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19)

This clearly shows that the Old Testament Laws are a requirement for the kingdom of heaven.

MaxInDHouse:

The Mosaic laws is for the nation of Israel not the Kingdom of God. That's why God told them that a prophet like Moses will be raised among them who will teach them how to live forever! Deuteronomy 18:18-19

The Samaritan woman told Jesus that that's what they are expecting! John 4:25

Peter confirmed that Jesus is that promised Messiah (Christ) whom God foretold through Moses! Act 3:22

So the laws given to the Israelites was to guide them until the Messiah (Christ) comes it's not the constitution we are going to use in God's Kingdom! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jesus’ declaration was that He came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets, not to abolish them (Matthew 5:17).
Jesus said: “Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19)

This clearing shows that the Old Testament Laws are a requirement for the kingdom of heaven.

Once again you missed the import of Jesus' word!

He is telling the Jews that if they should fail to act on any of the things those prophets of old said they will not inherit God's Kingdom. He is not saying the mosaic laws is what will be required in God's Kingdom, rather what he meant is that Jews should the mindful of all the prophecies pointing to the Messiah.

For instance it happened to one of his own disciples (Judas Iscariot) who wasn't mindful of what was recorded in the prophets about the Messiah. Judas accepted Jesus as the Christ (Messiah) but what about the prophecies that talked about the Messiah?

The prophecies say that the Messiah will be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver {Zechariah 11:12:13} had it been Judas kept what those prophets said at heart he would have regain his senses when they told him that he will be paid 30 pieces of silver to betray Jesus Christ! Matthew 26:14-15

Again the Christ will be counted among the transgressors! Isaiah 53:12
That's what came to the mind of that thief who was executed along with Jesus, so instantly he looked unto Jesus and begged "Please Jesus remember me when you get to your kingdom" {Luke 23:42} and Jesus realized that this guy has gotten the sense of what the prophets said so immediately Jesus granted that man's request! Luke 23:43

That's what Jesus meant when he said:

Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill" Matthew 5:17

YES! Jesus' life fulfilled many things the laws and prophets said about the Messiah! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2022
Who was taking notes of the conversations between Jesus and the other two on the cross?
The Romans only crucified Jewish zealots fighting against their occupation of Israel. So the two on the cross with Jesus were not thieves.

How does this relate to Jesus: Zechariah 11:12 I told them, “If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.” So they paid me thirty pieces of silver.

MaxInDHouse:

Once again you missed the import of Jesus' word!

He is telling the Jews that if they should fail to act on any of the things those prophets of old said they will not inherit God's Kingdom. He is not saying the mosaic laws is what will be required in God's Kingdom, rather what he meant is that Jews should the mindful of all the prophecies pointing to the Messiah.

For instance it happened to one of his own disciples (Judas Iscariot) who wasn't mindful of what was recorded in the prophets about the Messiah. Judas accepted Jesus as the Christ (Messiah) but what about the prophecies that talked about the Messiah?

The prophecies say that the Messiah will be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver {Zechariah 11:12:13} had it been Judas kept what those prophets said at heart he would have regain his senses when they told him that he will be paid 30 pieces of silver to betray Jesus Christ! Matthew 26:14-15

Again the Christ will be counted among the transgressors! Isaiah 53:12
That's what came to the mind of that thief who was executed along with Jesus, so instantly he looked unto Jesus and begged "Please Jesus remember me when you get to your kingdom" {Luke 23:42} and Jesus realized that this guy has gotten the sense of what the prophets said so immediately Jesus granted that man's request! Luke 23:43

That's what Jesus meant when he said:

Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill" Matthew 5:17

YES! Jesus' life fulfilled many things the laws and prophets said about the Messiah! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Who was taking notes of the conversations between Jesus and the other two on the cross?
The Romans only crucified Jewish zealots fighting against their occupation of Israel. So the two on the cross with Jesus were not thieves.

The underlined is a LIE Sir!
The Romans were colonizing the Jews so they use their own laws to rule the Jews that's why criminals that does anything worth executing were executed by the Romans!

How does this relate to Jesus: Zechariah 11:12 I told them, “If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.” So they paid me thirty pieces of silver.

When reading the Bible try to read the whole verses so you can gain insight!

I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter" —the handsome price at which they valued me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them to the potter at the house of the LORD. Zechariah 11:12-13

Please Sir can you explain what the highlighted in red means?
And why throw the silver money in the Lord's house? Matthew 27:5 smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:23pm On May 24, 2022
Zechariah 11:12 Then I said to them, “If it is agreeable to you, give me my wages; and if not, refrain.” So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.

This verse was referring to wages, did Judas ask for his wages?

There are no historical records of Jews or Romans using crucifixion for criminals.

Also there are no Jewish or Roman custom to release a criminal on the passover

MaxInDHouse:

The underlined is a LIE Sir!
The Romans were colonizing the Jews so they use their own laws to rule the Jews that's why criminals that does anything worth executing were executed by the Romans!

When reading the Bible try to read the whole verses so you can gain insight!

I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter" —the handsome price at which they valued me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them to the potter at the house of the LORD. Zechariah 11:12-13

Please Sir can you explain what the highlighted in red means?
And why throw the silver money in the Lord's house? Matthew 27:5 smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30am On May 25, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Zechariah 11:12 Then I said to them, “If it is agreeable to you, give me my wages; and if not, refrain.” So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.
Surely that was what transpired between the people and Zechariah but it later had a further fulfilment because the Messiah (Christ) is not human. You can see that you're only able to talk about the twelfth verse while the thirteenth became an issue for you. It's because in the life of each prophet something reveals a prophecy about the Messiah!

This verse was referring to wages, did Judas ask for his wages?
There's a difference between salary and wages the salary is basic whether the employee is engaged in a service or not his presence is required always so he's paid for that, but the wages is for a specific job that is done within a timeframe and once the service is rendered there's no further incentive other than the pay that's exactly what Judas got for the service he rendered!
There are no historical records of Jews or Romans using crucifixion for criminals.
This is true the Romans don't use CROSSES to execute criminals it's rather poles where the criminals were nailed with both hands on each other likewise the foot but we have tried to enlighten misinformed Churchgoers on this as the CROSS is another form of religion on its own that has nothing to do with CHRISTIANITY.

Also there are no Jewish or Roman custom to release a criminal on the passover
Amnesty has been in ancient times nobody can deny, Pilate only tried to use it as excuse to free Jesus in whom he found no fault! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:42am On May 25, 2022
"This is what the LORD says: ’Whoever stays in this city will die by the sword, famine or plague, but whoever goes over to the Babylonians will live. They will escape with their lives; they will live.’ And this is what the LORD says: ’This city will certainly be given into the hands of the army of the king of Babylon, who will capture it.’" Jeremiah 38:2-3

Here is Jeremiah's prophecy to the Israelites living in Jerusalem telling them that they must not think of running away or resist captivity otherwise they will die!

I know you must have come across this verse in the Hebrew Scriptures but you may not know what Jeremiah meant that's why you keep condemning Jesus who thought the Jews to panic and abandon JERUSALEM when they see encamped armies surrounding the city! Luke 21:20-24

MindHacker9009:

610. Not to panic and retreat during battle—Deuteronomy 20:3

The above commandment will be valid only if the Israelites are living up to the covenant God made with them but if they fail to keep the covenant then they are on their own!

So when Jesus preached as if Israelites should not resist or fight their enemies most of them remembered the prophet Jeremiah! Matthew 16:14

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:17am On May 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

There's a difference between salary and wages the salary is basic whether the employee is engaged in a service or not his presence is required always so he's paid for that, but the wages is for a specific job that is done within a timeframe and once the service is rendered there's no further incentive other than the pay that's exactly what Judas got for the service he rendered!

You are very very wrong. Judas did not get paid wages for a specific job. Judas was given thirty pieces of silver before he handed Jesus over. So the truth is that you are just making up stories just to back up a FAKE event to deceive the gullible ones.

Matthew 26:14-16
14 Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests
15 and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver.
16 From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.

May you have sense to understand that the Old Testament Prophecies has nothing to do with the New Testament stories that were made up about 2000 years ago to control the minds of gullible people today angry

1 Like

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2022
MindHacker9009:

You are very very wrong. Judas did not get paid wages for a specific job. Judas was given thirty pieces of silver before he handed Jesus over. So the truth is that you are just making up stories just to back up a FAKE event to deceive the gullible ones.
Matthew 26:14-16
14 Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests
15 and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver.
16 From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.
May you have sense to understand that the Old Testament Prophecies has nothing to do with the New Testament stories that were made up about 2000 years ago to control the minds of gullible people today angry

No wahala, just leave the comments for others to read and see which one appeals to reason, one thing is certain where truth works out lies will forever remain idle in the minds of those carrying it in their heads! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Emusan(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2022
MindHacker9009:

This is pure lie!

Many historical records of crucifixion are available unless you decide to turn blind eyes to it.

Also, there's archeological evidence of crucifixion.
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Emusan(m): 9:40am On May 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
This is true the Romans don't use CROSSES to execute criminals it's rather poles where the criminals were nailed with both hands on each other likewise the foot

I challenge you to provide the evidence for Romans using POLE as a form of execution.

This is what happens when your organization forbidden you of doing research outside Watchtower website.

Here is a link to an article of archeological evidence of crucifixion by Romans.

but we have tried to enlighten misinformed Churchgoers on this as the CROSS is another form of religion on its own that has nothing to do with CHRISTIANITY.

When in reality you're the misinformed Hallgoer here! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

You can enlighten yourself and your fellow misinformed Hallgoers that Romans never used pole for execution put CROSSES. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 3:32pm On May 25, 2022
Emusan:

When in reality you're the misinformed Hallgoer here! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

MaxInDHouse: The misinformed Hallgoer or Hellgoer! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2022
This is a response for you!
Emusan:

This is pure lie!
Many historical records of crucifixion are available unless you decide to turn blind eyes to it.

But instead of standing on what you think you know, it's another person's quote that you're thinking about!

MindHacker9009:

MaxInDHouse: The misinformed Hallgoer or Hellgoer! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is this how you're promote your own truth?

"My enemy's enemy automatically becomes my friend" cheesy

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Emusan(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
This is a response for you!But instead of standing on what you think you know, it's another person's quote that you're thinking about!

When his lies are busted cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

That's not your concern!

Did Romans crucify people on Cross or not?

You and your demonic organization can keep denying that archeological evidence of crucifixion but it won't stop us showing you people.

"My enemy's enemy automatically becomes my friend"cheesy

I'm used to this your cry.

I quoted that person to correct him that he was wrong for claiming no historical records for crucifixion. Which you blindly think he was right and turn around to call people "misinformed" when in reality you're the most "MISINFORMED" about the issue.

Now only to be claiming the victim card grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
This is a response for you!

But instead of standing on what you think you know, it's another person's quote that you're thinking about!

"My enemy's enemy automatically becomes my friend" cheesy

No friendship. He's a misinformed poster as he is the one lying
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 11:28pm On May 25, 2022
Emusan:

This is pure lie!

Many historical records of crucifixion are available.

For which crimes did Romans use crucifixion?

Crucifixion was most frequently used to punish political or religious agitators, pirates, slaves, or those who had no civil rights.

Source: https://www.britannica.com/topic/crucifixion-capital-punishment
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Ken4Christ: 12:15am On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

This clearly shows that the Old Testament Laws are a requirement for the kingdom of heaven.

The word fulfill in this context means to bring the law to a justified end. And this he did when he met the demands of justice by dying on the cross.

They were to keep obeying the law until it is fulfilled. Now that it is fulfilled, they are no longer under obligation to keep it.

Hence, the scripture says that;

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth.

In another place, it says;

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is NOT JUSTIFIED BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Even the Jews that were given the law has been delivered from it;

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Romans 7:6 But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Those who still try to keep the law put themselves in bondage. Hence, Paul wrote;

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the YOKE OF BONDAGE.

1 Like

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 2:22am On May 26, 2022
God has commamnded in the Torah:
(Deuteronomy 13:1).
45. Not to fear killing a false prophet.
(Deuteronomy 18:22)

How did Jesus fulfill the laws? God never told Moses that He is going to send His son to come and fulfill the laws so that they are no longer under obligation to keep it.

The New Testament is just a New Book placed on the Old Testament about 2000 years ago to make it look like a fulfillment of the OLD Testament when the truth is that it has nothing to do with the Old Testament. Hollywood can even do a much better job of creating a New and better story of the New Testament today than the bad job done about 2000 years ago where all the prophecies claimed to be fulfilled in the New Testament do not relate to the Old Testament.

Ken4Christ:

The word fulfill in this context means to bring the law to a justified end. And this he did when he met the demands of justice by dying on the cross.

They were to keep obeying the law until it is fulfilled. Now that it is fulfilled, they are no longer under obligation to keep it.

Hence, the scripture says that;

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth.

In another place, it says;

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is NOT JUSTIFIED BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Even the Jews that were given the law has been delivered from it;

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Romans 7:6 But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Those who still try to keep the law put themselves in bondage. Hence, Paul wrote;

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the YOKE OF BONDAGE.

1 Like

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49am On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

No friendship. He's a misinformed poster as he is the one lying

Why not stand on your point that there was no CRUCIFIXION (execution by the use of CROSS) in ancient Rome? smiley

Let me enlighten you on how and why JWs makes the strongest disciples in their group!

Intelligent people don't fall for jokers who are looking for community support, on the contrary strong disciples are made when you show consistency, focus and determination.

But when someone condemns the right thing you said and instead of proving your point as valid and indisputable you leave that and start chasing shadows the way you just did here then intelligent individuals will never take you seriously! undecided

In the first century Romans don't execute criminals on CROSSES that's indisputable fact but i choose not to respond to the misinformed Churchgoer because he's only looking for someone with whom he can exchange words. His other moniker with which he's promoting Deeperlife is boring and deserted so he's trying to call my attention and i'm not going to give him that! smiley

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Emusan(m): 8:13am On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

For which crimes did Romans use crucifixion?

Crucifixion was most frequently used to punish political or religious agitators, pirates, slaves, or those who had no civil rights.

Source: https://www.britannica.com/topic/crucifixion-capital-punishment

Funny enough!

Your claimed was "There are no historical records of Jews or Romans using crucifixion for criminals"

Who is a CRIMINAL?

You even provided a link that goes against your claim and you still think you have a point.

I don't know why you people always try to pride in ignorance!
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Emusan(m): 8:30am On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
In the first century Romans don't execute criminals on CROSSES that's indisputable fact

You'll just open your mouth waaa and lie.

From the same link the OP provided
"crucifixion, an important method of capital punishment particularly among the Persians, Seleucids, Carthaginians, and Romans from about the 6th century BCE to the 4th century CE."

But your first lie was "This is true the Romans don't use CROSSES to execute criminals it's rather poles..."

Crucifixion has been in used many centuries even before Jesus was born by the Romans and was abolished by Constantine the great in 4th century AD/CE

So how come both historians and the archeological evidence of crucifixion are not true but only what your organization says is true?

but i choose not to respond to the misinformed Churchgoer because he's only looking for someone with whom he can exchange words.

I know your mode of oparand cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

You don't need to respond to my post, just provide your source where you read that Romans don't execute criminals on Cross but POLES, if you're sure of your claim.

His other moniker with which he's promoting Deeperlife is boring and deserted so he's trying to call my attention and i'm not going to give him that! smiley

He is being tormented by Deeper Life.
Kumuyi mist be given your organization a serious headache cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:19am On May 26, 2022
You are the one that prides in ignorance! If not you would know that someone who resists against a foreign army occupying their nation is not a criminal and this is the reason they were called Jewish zealots and not criminals as they were resisting the occupation of the Holy land Israel by the Roman army.

The link I posted made it clear that "Crucifixion was most frequently used to punish political or religious agitators, pirates, slaves, or those who had no civil rights."

So it is wise to say that as the crucifixion was in Israel that the other two on the cross with Jesus were Jewish zealots who were resisting Roman occupation of their nation Israel.

Emusan:

Funny enough!

Your claimed was "There are no historical records of Jews or Romans using crucifixion for criminals"

Who is a CRIMINAL?

You even provided a link that goes against your claim and you still think you have a point.

I don't know why you people always try to pride in ignorance!
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Emusan(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:
You are the one that prides in ignorance! If not you would know that someone who resists against a foreign army occupying their nation is not a criminal and this is the reason they were called Jewish zealots and not criminals as they were resisting the occupation of the Holy land Israel by the Roman army.

The link I posted made it clear that "Crucifixion was most frequently used to punish political or religious agitators, pirates, slaves, or those who had no civil rights."

So it is wise to say that as the crucifixion was in Israel that the other two on the cross with Jesus were Jewish zealots who were resisting Roman occupation of their nation Israel.

Still priding in ignorance!

Define criminal and let the devil be ashamed grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:30am On May 26, 2022
I do try to manage my time here intelligently and so I don't respond to each and every section of a post. I only respond to posts that are worth responding to as l have noticed that there are a lot of jokers and agents of satan that post comments just to start a senseless argument here.

On the issue of crucifixion I was only correcting you that the other two with Jesus on the cross were not criminals as the Romans did not use crucifixion for criminals.

I did floor you when you claimed that Zechariah 11:12 was referring to Judas collecting his wages for betraying Jesus and instead of admitting you were wrong, you decided to post an unintelligent answer.
MaxInDHouse:

No wahala, just leave the comments for others to read and see which one appeals to reason, one thing is certain where truth works out lies will forever remain idle in the minds of those carrying it in their heads! smiley

MaxInDHouse:

Why not stand on your point that there was no CRUCIFIXION (execution by the use of CROSS) in ancient Rome? smiley

Let me enlighten you on how and why JWs makes the strongest disciples in their group!

Intelligent people don't fall for jokers who are looking for community support, on the contrary strong disciples are made when you show consistency, focus and determination.

But when someone condemns the right thing you said and instead of proving your point as valid and indisputable you leave that and start chasing shadows the way you just did here then intelligent individuals will never take you seriously! undecided

In the first century Romans don't execute criminals on CROSSES that's indisputable fact but i choose not to respond to the misinformed Churchgoer because he's only looking for someone with whom he can exchange words. His other moniker with which he's promoting Deeperlife is boring and deserted so he's trying to call my attention and i'm not going to give him that! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2022
Emusan:

Still priding in ignorance!
Define criminal and let the devil be ashamed grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You are the one who is very ignorant, if not you will know that your forefathers who resisted the Europeans when they came and occupied their lands were not criminals but were into a battle to defend their village.

God has commanded the Jews

And that was what most of the Jews did at the time the Romans were occupying the Holy land of Israel and this was why the Romans crucified thousands of Jews.

It is you level of ignorance that will not allow you to read Jewish history but instead you believe the made up stories of the New Testament about 2000 years ago which is being used to control your mind today.
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

I did floor you when you claimed that Zechariah 11:12 was referring to Judas collecting his wages for betraying Jesus and instead of admitting you were wrong, you decided to post an unintelligent answer.

I would have admitted had it been you're able to explain what the next verse is all about:

"Then Jehovah said to me: “Throw it into the treasury—the magnificent value with which they valued me.” So I took the 30 pieces of silver and threw it into the treasury at the house of Jehovah. smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I would have admitted had it been you're able to explain what the next verse is all about:

"Then Jehovah said to me: “Throw it into the treasury—the magnificent value with which they valued me.” So I took the 30 pieces of silver and threw it into the treasury at the house of Jehovah. smiley

Show where it says in the New Testament that the 30 pieces of silver were thrown in the treasury?

Matthew 27:5-6
5 "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple".
6 "And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury"
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:36pm On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Show where it says in the New Testament that the 30 pieces of silver were thrown in the treasury?
Matthew 27:5-6
5 "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple".
6 "And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury"

At least three things correlates:
[1] 30 pieces of silver.
[2] money for the value of someone.
[3] treasury.

The priest knew that it's not the treasury that matters rather it's cash belonging to someone who purposely threw it in the temple, such money belongs nowhere than the treasury that's why they diverted it elsewhere but any money found in the temple automatically ends up in the treasury!

But that doesn't answer the question i asked you, what does verse 13 means? wink
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2022
13 And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

Zechariah 11:12-13 did not mention anyone being betrayed. There were other people doing business in the Temple at the time of Jesus so there is no proof that this verse was about Judas.
The Temple had:
Those who bought and sold.
Money changers.
Those who sold their tithes and brought the money to the temple

MaxInDHouse:

At least three things correlates:
[1] 30 pieces of silver.
[2] money for the value of someone.
[3] treasury.

The priest knew that it's not the treasury that matters rather it's cash belonging to someone who purposely threw it in the temple, such money belongs nowhere than the treasury that's why they diverted it elsewhere but any money found in the temple automatically ends up in the treasury!

But that doesn't answer the question i asked you, what does verse 13 means? wink
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:
13 And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.
There were other people doing business in the Temple at the time of Jesus so there is no proof that this verse was about Judas.
The Temple had:
Those who bought and sold.
Money changers.
Those who sold their tithes and brought the money to the temple.

Who is the LORD that was prised?
And why prise the one called "LORD"? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? / God Is Not A Name Rather His Name Is Jesus "the Christ" / Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.