Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election (1057 Views)

Abia House Of Assembly Seats: PDP 11, LP 9, YPP 2, APC 1. 1 Inconclusive / Osun Election: Atiku Is The Real Politician, Gave PDP The Win In Osun - Group / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SteveDGreat: 1:48pm On May 24, 2022
Nigeria is a diverse country in terms of ethnicity, religion, and culture. Since the beginning of time, these features have been ingrained in our political system. As a result, we are inextricably linked.
Nigeria needed a shift from the APC's misrule in the 2019 general election. The PDP is the only political party with the structure to beat the APC. Atiku Abubakar was viewed as the least evil among their presidential candidates, with Northern aspirations to unseat Buhari.
Was Atiku considered by Nigerians to be a capable leader capable of steering the country's affairs? Certainly not.
Nigerians see Atiku, like other politicians, as someone who contributed to the country's current state of chaos. Accusations of corruption have been hurled against him.
We must not forget that he was the driving force behind the formation of the APC-led government.
The fact that he chose Peter Obi as his running mate changed everything. As the former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi has a demonstrated track record of sound financial management, disciplined leadership, wealth creation, a passion for education, and youth development, all of which are lacking in almost all of our contemporary politicians.
Peter Obi was regarded as the team's symbolic leader. He was the one who granted interviews and held debates, and we must not forget that he educated our present Vice President on a discussion for which he was dubbed Mr China.
The outcome of the 2019 presidential election reveals that Peter Obi was obviously the driving force behind the voting pattern. Remember when I said something about religion and ethnic sentiments?
Atiku was viewed as a candidate who may snare votes from the North, particularly from the Muslims in the Core North, but he was soundly trounced by Buhari. If it weren't for the middle belts, he'd be lost in his native state.
The religious and moral feelings definitely did not favor Atiku but Peter Obi, as evidenced by the results from states where the PDP won and those where they lost but received a large piece of the vote, such as Kaduna.(Please check Result)
In his home town, Peter Obi triumphed by a landslide than Atiku did in his hometown.
We're preparing for the 2023 election, and unsurprisingly , the momentum has shifted to Peter Obi. It is evident with the massive organic supporters he has unearthed. Hey, from INEC data, there has been an increase in voters registration. You cant deny the fact that Peter Obi has indeed unearthed dormant eligible voters . Nigerians from all walks of life support him for president. Join the dots to the election of 2019.
One would expect that PDP would have handed over the ticket to Peter Obi by now on a consensus basis, but it appears that someone in Wadata Plaza isn't thinking.

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Salvador1: 1:50pm On May 24, 2022
Really
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by DukeofUmueri247: 1:52pm On May 24, 2022
You mean Atiku was useless in the last election?
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Frigga13: 2:00pm On May 24, 2022
Since someone is not thinking right .. Peter Obi should decamp to Apga or NNPP with his 11 million votes

What else

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Reality3080: 2:06pm On May 24, 2022
Let him give himself 20 million votes this time around

Many of u don’t know it was because of d Igbo factor that made some people not vote for him in d north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Nebulax: 2:07pm On May 24, 2022
If he loss the primary, he should move to another party and test his popularity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Reality3080: 2:09pm On May 24, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:
You mean Atiku was useless in the last election?
peter obi supporters are highly delusional,best is to leave them to wallow in their ignorance

How will pdp that desperately need power give ticket to someone whom apga is controlling his state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:10pm On May 24, 2022
Atiku lost his home North East.Peter Obi gave PDP the 11million votes.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SmartPolician: 2:13pm On May 24, 2022
This is not totally true. Atiku contested against Buhari, who is more popular and practically worshipped in the north. After Allah and Muhammad, Buhari is the third-most respected Nigerian in the north today because of his questionable integrity.

Obi can win the primaries if he can spend the money. He's probably the richest contender in this race after Atiku and Tinubu. I can understand that it's hard to spend one's hard-earned money in ventures he is not sure of winning. In that case, I think he should set up an account and ask Nigerians to support him. I strongly believe many of us will.

Lastly, PDP needs to have a plan of how to carry every region in the party along, including those who voted for them and those who didn't. That's how to win the hearts of the people, not the trash APC does now.
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SteveDGreat: 2:13pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
peter obi supporters are highly delusional,best is to leave them to wallow in their ignorance

How will pdp that desperately need power give ticket to someone whom apga is controlling his state

APGA is controlling his state , but he won in a landslide in the presidential election.
Got more votes than Wike, Atiku got In their states .
Atiku almost lost in his state.

Is it that you didn't read the thread or check the results slip?
You just rush to comment
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by AshiwajuFoward: 2:15pm On May 24, 2022
If that's the case, then Peteru Obi should decamp to another party with his '11-million votes' then, and repeat the same feat, if e sure for am. But we know say na sakamaje.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SteveDGreat: 2:16pm On May 24, 2022
SmartPolician:
This is not totally true. Atiku contested against Buhari, who is more popular and practically worshipped in the north. After Allah and Muhammad, Buhari is the third-most respected Nigerian in the north today because of his questionable integrity.

Obi can win the primaries if he can spend the money. He's probably the richest contender in this race after Atiku and Tinubu. I can understand that it's hard to spend one's hard-earned money if ventures he is not sure of winning. I think he should set up an account and ask Nigerians to support. I strongly believe many of us will.

Lastly, PDP needs to have a plan of how to carry every region in the party along, including those who voted for them and those who didn't. That's how to win the hearts of the people, not the trash APC does now.

This write up is base in Atiku boosting that he should be given the ticket cos he got 11 million votes . Nah watin Dino dey use dey brag.
But looking at it closely, Atiku failed woefully.

Read the thread And see how I outlined how that election was decided .
Truth is Peter Obi is the biggest candidate PDP have now. He has the support of the people. If you follow the 2019 election well, you will understand the buzz around him . That Buzz is still on while Atiku has died off
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SmartPolician: 2:20pm On May 24, 2022
SteveDGreat:

This write up is base in Atiku boosting that he should be given the ticket cos he got 11 million votes . Nah watin Dino dey use dey brag.
But looking at it closely, Atiku failed woefully.

Read the thread And see how I outlined how that election was decided .
Truth is Peter Obi is the biggest candidate PDP have now. He has the support of the people. If you follow the 2019 election well, you will understand the buzz around him . That Buzz is still on while Atiku has died off

Peter Obi is not popular in the north; he's only popular among southerners.

The combination of Peter Obi, Atiku Abubukar and those who were tired of Buhari's incompetence gave PDP those votes.

It is delusional and misleading to assert that the party garnered the votes due to Peter Obi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:

Many of u don’t know it was because of d Igbo factor that made some people not vote for him in d north

Are you minding them?

I dare Obi to have a PDP governor in his state like Atiku.

This time around,Atiku does not need that 11 million votes from south as he want the Northern ones.

Igbo/Obi as Atiku's VP/Running mate is a deadly mistake that Atiku won't repeat.

"Igbo shall never be my superior/leader" said Sheikh yahaya Jingir after Atiku picked Obi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Reality3080: 2:34pm On May 24, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Are you minding them?

I dare Obi to have a PDP governor in his state like Atiku.

This time around,Atiku does not need that 11 million votes from south as he want the Northern ones.

Igbo/Obi as Atiku's VP/Running mate is a deadly mistake that Atiku won't repeat.

"Igbo shall never be my superior/leader" said Sheikh yahaya Jingir after Atiku picked Obi.
many of them don’t even know how d north feel about them especially with d way nnamdi Kanu declared buhari dead n they all supported him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SteveDGreat: 2:41pm On May 24, 2022
AshiwajuFoward:
If that's the case, then Peteru Obi should decamp to another party with his '11-million votes' then, and repeat the same feat, if e sure for am. But we know say na sakamaje.

I don't have time for someone supporting Tinubu. I will engage with Osibanjo supporter more than Tinubu .

Cos it is only an empty brain that will be supporting Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SteveDGreat: 2:43pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:
many of them don’t even know how d north feel about them especially with d way nnamdi Kanu declared buhari dead n they all supported him

Remind me how many votes Atiku got when he left PDP?

And by the way, why didn't Buhari become the president of Nigeria under his CPC?
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SteveDGreat: 2:44pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:

Is the North a determinant factor in winning election?
GEJ won without them .

BTw, differentiate the North from the North Central and Southern Kaduna.

They ain't bigots they will vote massively for a southern president.

I wonder if you guys even check the results I posted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by SteveDGreat: 2:47pm On May 24, 2022
SmartPolician:

Peter Obi is not popular in the north; he's only popular among southerners.

The combination of Peter Obi, Atiku Abubukar and those who were tired of Buhari's incompetence gave PDP those votes.

It is delusional and misleading to assert that the party garnered the votes due to Peter Obi.

May not be popular in the North in 2019, but definitely not in 2023. His momentum has spread side .
Atiku is popular in the North according to you, but when he contested for president he count get up to 3m votes .

Was Yaradua popular in the South when he won the presidential election?
The PDP structure is there to give anyone contesting under their platform the popularity.

So Atiku should dead the talk of he got 11 votes bla bla bla.
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:

They don't know.

Atiku is considered less religious compare Buhari,that is why many scholars(I mean clerics) campaigned against him.

The Tafsirs of Late Sheikh Ja'afar and Sheikh Malam Albani were resurrected to defame Atiku,that was why Emirs and Northern Elders and Northern Actors etc were afraid to support Atiku.

Pantami was used too.

But guise what?

The clerics have now disowned Buhari and cleared Atiku,many of whom asked to be appologised.

Sheikh Dr. Mansur Sokoto,Bello Yabo etc are the ones who criticise Buhari daily,The likes of Sheikh Nuhru Khalid call for even aparthy.

Atiku is now a new messiah exactly. Dauda Kahutu Rarara disowned Buhari too.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by 00FFT00(m): 3:25pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:

Interesting to learn you agree Peter Obi garnered him the votes he prides himself with.
But Amaechi, Tinubu, and the southwest betrayal of South it is that handed the lemon in the Rock the presidency he failed to win on 3 different outings.
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Savagr(m): 3:42pm On May 24, 2022
Amaechi we know.

But Peter Obi is a good candidate
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by AshiwajuFoward: 3:55pm On May 24, 2022
SteveDGreat:

I don't have time for someone supporting Tinubu. I will engage with Osibanjo supporter more than Tinubu .

Cos it is only an empty brain that will be supporting Tinubu

E pain am. grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Laka2bor(m): 4:02pm On May 24, 2022
If this is true Peter Obi need not to run under PDP platform. Thank God east have APGA,I do surprise at some youth analysis at time,what exactly do we understand by political party just because Nigeria political party at time is something else add up with our Judiciary game.
Let's stop making jest of political party,if your are sure of your personal victory, I mean any aspirant,you can be an independent candidate then watch and see important of party.
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by TrackerXL: 5:31pm On May 24, 2022
If Peter Pandora can muster the courage to dare that n Garner a million vote I will personally credit you a million naira cash.

Laka2bor:
If this is true Peter Obi need not to run under PDP platform. Thank God east have APGA,I do surprise at some youth analysis at time,what exactly do we understand by political party just because Nigeria political party at time is something else add up with our Judiciary game.
Let's stop making jest of political party,if your are sure of your personal victory, I mean any aspirant,you can be an independent candidate then watch and see important of party.
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by TheOldGods: 6:32pm On May 24, 2022
Reality3080:

see, you don't need the the north to win. Just will all southern states and collect only north central which is not even core north. And simple you become president
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Reality3080: 10:00pm On May 24, 2022
TheOldGods:
see, you don't need the the north to win. Just will all southern states and collect only north central which is not even core north. And simple you become president
so u are saying peter obi that can’t win even in Igbo land will win in south west n south south?

Guy wake up before u bed wet,this your dream fit enter craze

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by 1880nebul: 6:52am On May 25, 2022
[s]
Nebulax:
If he loss the primary, he should move to another party and test his popularity
[/s]
Re: Peter Obi, Not Atiku, Gave PDP 11 Million Votes In 2019 Election by Buckeyemedia1: 7:36am On May 25, 2022
TheOldGods:
This same Peter Obi will be President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria? Where is that Ndimkpurummiri dealer, e be like say some people they Jones?

(1) (Reply)

Is Bola Tinubu The Richest Politician To Ever Come Out Of Nigeria? / Tinubu Set Up His Former Boy Aregbesola To Be Disgraced In America~video / Breaking: Olu Of Warri Received Tinubu Coordinator South South Pastor Reuben

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.