Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? (49214 Views)

Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Man Packs Refuse Into His Car, After Been Caught For Illegal Dumping In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Xwizard: 3:15pm On May 24, 2022
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Rastaramsey(m): 3:16pm On May 24, 2022
Your own don red be that grin grin grin
Get ready to pay over 100k

282 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Officialgarri: 3:17pm On May 24, 2022
You should spend 6 months in jail if the enforcement system was working right.

400 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by OBALOLA55(m): 3:17pm On May 24, 2022
AHH! GBESE RE O shocked

OP KINDLY SURRENDER YOURSELF TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION sad

57 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Xwizard: 3:18pm On May 24, 2022
Officialgarri:
You should send 6 months in jail if the enforcement system was working right.

I know sir, I’m asking for the right step, to take

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Xwizard: 3:18pm On May 24, 2022
OBALOLA55:
AHH! GBESE RE O shocked

OP KINDLY SURRENDER YOURSELF TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION sad
Untop weytin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Rastaramsey:
Your own don red be that grin grin grin
Get ready to pay over 100k
I no mind self

6 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:19pm On May 24, 2022
grin grin grin Double wahala.He who fetches ant infested firewood, invites lizards for a feast.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Prophetmohamm: 3:20pm On May 24, 2022
call them and negotiate, the meter is still in your custody, there's hope the issue will be resolved. Call and negotiate.

170 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Maxymilliano(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2022
Just visit the nearest office and negotiate your penalty/fine ... Tell them it wasn't intentional or just blame the devil as usual " smiley

245 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Xwizard: 3:24pm On May 24, 2022
Prophetmohamm:
call them and negotiate, the meter is still in your custody, there's hope of resolving the issue. Call and negotiate.
I should call the number at the back ?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Prophetmohamm: 3:28pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:

yes

35 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by mymadam(m): 3:30pm On May 24, 2022
Yes, ordinarily you've committed a crime (PHCN Regulations). Instead of being arraigned in court, I suggest that you visit the PHCN office in your domain ASAP. Present yourself BUT don't admit any wrongdoing yet. Let them confront you with the details first. Since you already stated here that you actually goofed, maturely ask for the way forward.

Commence negotiations on how to officially reimburse PHCN... in instalments. Well, I personally never give or accept bribes, but if it's your cup of tea, start on that path. Hope this helps

My 2 Kobo wink

144 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by falcon01: 3:33pm On May 24, 2022
grin baskat. Just go and take what's coming

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by FryMosquito: 3:34pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:

The number at the back was written with pen, call and negotiate with them cos they're the people that disconnected you.

98 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Xwizard: 3:35pm On May 24, 2022
mymadam:
Yes, ordinarily you've committed a crime (PHCN Regulations). Instead of being arraigned in court, I suggest that you visit the PHCN office in your domain ASAP. Present yourself BUT don't admit any wrongdoing yet. Let them confront you with the details first. Since you already stated here that you actually goofed, maturely ask for the way forward.

Commence negotiations on how to officially reimburse PHCN in installments. Well, I personally never give or accept bribes, but if it's your cup of tea, start on that path. Hope this helps

My 2 Kobo wink

I don’t know if it’s proper to hurriedly go to their office first or call that number first. I just don’t want to take any wrong step. I’m trying to find like 100k for hand now

5 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Xwizard: 3:35pm On May 24, 2022
FryMosquito:
The number at the back was written with pen, call and negotiate with them that disconnected you.
Yes pen
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by DSC7: 3:37pm On May 24, 2022
Arrange 200k to waste on the issue.....

Admit you are guilty of bypassing....

Call your marketer, explain to him and he will tell you how to share the money...

Las las na settlement go do am.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by InsideLove(f): 3:38pm On May 24, 2022
Dem go over charge you now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by DSC7: 3:40pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:

I don’t know if it’s proper to hurriedly go to their office first or call that number first. I just don’t want to take any wrong step. I’m trying to find like 100k for hand now

Call the number first....

6 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by immortalmortal: 4:12pm On May 24, 2022
Go and pay your fine jor. Call the number and find out how much your fine is. You would probably have to pay 8months estimated bill plus the fine.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Uniquetani1(f): 4:28pm On May 24, 2022
Na money go settle everything las las
Find any hungry NEPA official for advice around you

35 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by leomarz007: 4:29pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:

I no mind self

If a contact was written via pen at the back on the paper. No fear.. Dial the no and hear what the person have to say first before you can negotiate. It would cost u around 70k if u bargain well

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by obiekunie01: 4:34pm On May 24, 2022
call the number ask where do u see him?

dont say anything incriminating on phone.

when you meet them dont answer what they di not ask you - and be vry tactical cause they record every conversation you have with them.

Tell them maybe it was the last tenant that did it cause you never tampered with the metter.

Then ask them to pls be considerate.

Be very polite in all your conversation with them.

Tell them you want to get it sorted out. they should pls dont be angry.

Then wait to hear what they have to say.

If they say you will have to go to court with them, tell them it is not neccessary that you will want them to get it settle here and now.

Dont worry they always understand - it will cost you like 30k last last but if u negotiate well it will even be less.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by vr0xen: 4:34pm On May 24, 2022
leomarz007:

If a contact was written via pen at the back on the paper. No fear.. Dial the no and hear what the person have to say first before you can negotiate. It would cost u around 70k if u bargain well
some are very mean they won’t write their number you must go office go pay. Na so dem run me when I got there I saw that the lady that did d job was around 47 years no husband. Very sad lady they gave me 300k I just went and continued with the bypass. Even if I must pay I will use that 300k double before paying. Shebi buhari go borrow imf money come talk say I’m wan increase electricity tariffs in order to pay back.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by wiseone28: 4:53pm On May 24, 2022
Falz talk am already..

Tomorrow he will call a political radio program to complain about our leaders.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Ekejoestar(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2022
Lol

13 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Meteng: 5:24pm On May 24, 2022
You’ll be made to pay a fine to be determined by them

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Kingzeez10: 6:36pm On May 24, 2022
Candidlady:
Men are thieves

ihope they lock your black ugly broke asz up

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

Anything bad na default for this una gender

Why not kuku take sniper and end everything once. Its a win-win situation for you.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by colestephan86: 6:39pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
Bad Nigerian,
When they help you bypass meter , did they tell you not to recharge anything at all.
You are a bad Nigerian, you should at least pay 2k or 1500
On it

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why There Is Increase In Number Of Mad Pretty Girls In Abuja - Twitter User / Saudi-bound Nigerian Pilgrim Excretes 76 Cocaine Wraps / Two Bank Robbers Burnt In Aba, Abia (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.