Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? (2390 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 3:45pm On May 24, 2022
There are only two ways that a non-religious person can engage with a religious apologist. The first is to use logic, this approach fails fairly quickly because apologists won’t engage on the basis of logic. “You’ve just gotta have faith” etc. The other way is mockery or comedy. I, and most others would prefer to use the path of logic because it, and the scientific method, serves us so well in getting through life and understanding reality. But if we can’t, or apologists won’t, engage on that basis, then you get the amusement and laughing. If you don’t want your beliefs to be laughed at, then don't have laughable beliefs.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 7:16pm On May 24, 2022
God doesn't exist, so how did the universe came to be?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 7:18pm On May 24, 2022
cornelboy:
God doesn't exist, so how did the universe came to be?
I don't know, do you know?

I'm going to be sincere in my response, I won't argue from ignorance. I am not going to inert God because I don't know how it works. I will wait until we find out, that's what every sane and honest person should always do.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by festacman(m): 7:19pm On May 24, 2022
Atheism is overrated. No substance.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 7:38pm On May 24, 2022
festacman:
Atheism is overrated. No substance.
lol, just because you feel so doesn't mean it's true.

People should learn that their opinons are not necessarily true cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 8:13pm On May 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
I'm going to be sincere in my response, I won't argue from ignorance. I am not going to inert God because I don't know how it works. I will wait until we find out, that's what every sane and honest person should always do.

As an athiest, what's your view about life?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 9:04pm On May 24, 2022
cornelboy:

As an athiest, what's your view about life?
I'm glad that you want to have genuine discussion.

I am of the opinion that the universe as a whole doesn't care whether it Harbour life or not. It does it things.. Whether life exist or not doesnt change anything.
However since life exist on earth as far as we know, we have a role to play in the ecosystem. Whatever we do with this life affects the planet and the eixstence of other forms of life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 9:50pm On May 24, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Evidence points to the fact that the universe had a definte beginning and also cannot create itself hence has a creator, you chosed to be ignorant.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:11pm On May 24, 2022
Steep:

Evidence points to the fact that the universe had a definte beginning and also cannot create itself hence has a creator, you chosed to be ignorant.
by your logic, God cannot also create himself, another form of higher being must have created him.
You can choose to be ignorant or tell us who created God.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 2:14am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
by your logic, God cannot also create himself, another form of higher being must have created him.
You can choose to be ignorant or tell us who created God.
You are an ignorant man. How can you be asking who created God?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 6:53am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

You are an ignorant man. How can you be asking who created God?
lol, you are an ignorant person my friend.
How can you create energy or matter?
Didn't you do basic science?

Matter/energy can never be created nor destroyed hence the universe wasn't created by anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 7:16am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
lol, you are an igno9oerson my friend.
How can you crated energy or matter?

Matter/energy can never be created nor destroyed hence the universe wasn't created by anybody.
That is why you are ignorant. I am speaking of evidence. There is already evidence that the universe had beginning and also cannot create itself.
Present evidence says the universe is dying or useful energy is being exhausted

Matter and energy cannot be created or destroy by man or by itself but God can.

Note the universe is matter/energy. If the universe had a beginning then energy and matter had a beginning, and evidence points to it. Science cannot go beyond the big bang which is the origin of the universe (matter/energy)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:27am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
lol, you are an igno9oerson my friend.
How can you crated energy or matter?

1) CHANGE OF POST! The issue is, it is not valid to think that God was created and not about energy or matter

2 It is you man who did not create energy or matter in the first place, so of course, you can not create it nor destroy energy or matter. And the person who said this was talking to HIS FELLOW MEN LIKE YOU, ABOUT WHAT HE SAW.

No reference whatsoever to The Creator of Matter and Energy, so you are out of point!
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Mankind wouldn't have any need to think about God if we can cohabit peacefully!
The word "GOD" is a title which connotes SUPREME BEING.
So the first reason why any right thinking person should worry about God is because we must live together as neighbours but how do we go about it when each person is unique on his own? Who sets the standard?

You have an underage daughter or son who doesn't know the use of private organs, do you think any adult should seize the opportunity to abuse your child? Note that after the experience the child may feel attached to the adult who exposed him/her to what you (parent) failed to teach him/her.

You have a farm which you work on to survive then a hungry person walks into your farm to take what he/she needs to eat to survive!

You feel like extending your farm but your neighbour also want to do the same and this led to boarder issues.

So who sets the standard when each of this people have the right to do what favours them?

That's when the SUPREME BEING (GOD) comes to mind otherwise we will start killing one another! Genesis 2:17 smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 7:57am On May 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

1) CHANGE OF POST! The issue is, it is not valid to think that God was created and not about energy or matter

2 It is you man who did not create energy or matter in the first place, so of course, you can not create it nor destroy energy or matter. And the person who said this was talking to HIS FELLOW MEN LIKE YOU, ABOUT WHAT HE SAW.

No reference whatsoever to The Creator of Matter and Energy, so you are out of point!

The flying spaghetti monster created everything.
I agree with you.
He created energy, your God and mankind cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:01am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

That is why you are ignorant. I am speaking of evidence. There is already evidence that the universe had beginning and also cannot create itself.
basic physics knowledge would have cured this. There's evidence that of the expansion of the universe and not the matter that expanded. Big bang is evidence for the expansion.
No one has any evidence for the beginning of matter. We have evidence for the expansion of the universe that crewed space and time. Is that hard to grasp?

Energy/matter cannot be created nor destroyed dude and your God who doesn't exist cannot create it either. Deal With it cheesy

There's no God, matter has always existed and can never be created. God lives only in your empty skull cheesy

Note the universe is matter/energy. If the universe had a beginning then energy and matter had a beginning, and evidence points to it. Science cannot go beyond the big bang which is the origin of the universe (matter/energy)
the universe is infinite, it doesn't have a beginning. Time and space has beginning and that's the big bang. You didn't get proper education and I'm willing to teach you.
I don't mind taking you basic physics on this thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:01am On May 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Mankind wouldn't have any need to think about God if we can cohabit peacefully!
The word "GOD" is a title which connotes SUPREME BEING.
So the first reason why any right thinking person should worry about God is because we must live together as neighbours but how do we go about it when each person is unique on his own? Who sets the standard?

You have an underage daughter or son who doesn't know the use of private organs, do you think any adult should seize the opportunity to abuse your child? Note that after the experience the child may feel attached to the adult who exposed him/her to what you (parent) failed to teach him/her.

You have a farm which you work on to survive then a hungry person walks into your farm to take what he/she needs to eat to survive!

You feel like extending your farm but your neighbour also want to do the same and this led to boarder issues.

So who sets the standard when each of this people have the right to do what favours them?

That's when the SUPREME BEING (GOD) comes to mind otherwise we will start killing one another! Genesis 2:17 smiley
dude, I am tired of conversing with you. You don always make sense.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 8:16am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
basic physics knowledge would have cured this. There's evidence that of the expansion of the universe and not the matter that expanded. Big bang is evidence for the expansion.
No one has any evidence for the beginning of matter. We have evidence for the expansion of the universe that crewed space and time. Is that hard to grasp?

Energy/matter cannot be created nor destroyed dude and your God who doesn't exist cannot create it either. Deal With it cheesy

There's no God, matter has always existed and can never be created. God lives only in your empty skull cheesy

the universe is infinite, it doesn't have a beginning. Time and space has beginning and that's the big bang. You didn't get proper education and I'm willing to teach you.
I don't mind taking you basic physics on this thread cheesy
you are ignorance is self inflicted.

you are a fool
undecided
Ecclesiastes 7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:18am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

this illiterate doesn't even know what it means by death if thr universe.
Product of the Nigerias bad educational system. I will disgrace you cheesy

There are several hypothesis for the end of the universe, known has evidence though but because you cannot read and you probably didn't read the article, you showed Just headline. Illiterate cheesy

We have the big rip saying the universe will rip apart in the process of exceeding the expansion limits. We have the big freeze which suggests that the universe will become cold and freeze after it has exhausted all nuclear fusion abilities in stars and provides energy.

None of them says matter will be destroyed. Illiterate cheesy

Welocome to physics class

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:19am On May 25, 2022
Steep:
you are ignorance is self inflicted.

you are a fool
undecided
Ecclesiastes 7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.
It's funny how someone like you who don't understand basic physics thinks another person is ignorant cheesy

You can even barely understand the article that you screenshoted.

I will disgrace you if you try to discuss science with me. Fundamentalists like you are usually bad in science by default

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 8:26am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
this illiterate doesn't even know what it means by death if thr universe.
Product of the Nigerias bad educational system. I will disgrace you cheesy

There are several hypothesis for the end of the universe, known has evidence though but because you cannot read and you probably didn't read the article, you showed Just headline. Illiterate cheesy

We have the big rip saying the universe will rip apart in the process of exceeding the expansion limits. We have the big freeze which suggests that the universe will become cold ad freeze after it has exhausted all nuclear fusion abilities in stars and provides energy.

Known of them says matter will be destroyed. Illiterate cheesy

Welocome to physics class
This clown is talking of hypothesis when I am talking of evidence.
You and your education are a stupid waste.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 8:28am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
It's funny how someone like you who don't understand basic physics thinks another person is ignorant cheesy

You can even barely understand the article that you screenshoted.

I will disgrace you if you try to discuss science with me. Fundamentalists like you are usually bad in science by default
Hahaha, clown .
I am talking of real science with fact you are talking about speculation of deluded atheists and Satanists.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:29am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

This clown is talking of hypothesis when I am talking of evidence.
You and your education are a stupid waste.

Shut up, do you know what hypothesis is?
Illiterate... Can you test the jargons in the article you posted?

it's a hypothesis if it hasnt been tested. What theory in science talks about end of universe? None

Illiterates like you find it hard to distinguish between a hypothesis and founded theory because you failed woefully in school cheesy

When you don't get basic science in school in peace, you will get disgraced trying to talk science online cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:31am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Hahaha, clown .
I am talking of real science with fact you are talking about speculation of deluded atheists and Satanists.
sshut up, there's nothing like science fact as regard the end of the universe. What we have are plausible hypotheses from different people, none of them has be tested. You think science is like your religion where any idiot can make without testing it?

The only fact is that matter cannot be created, no evidence for your God and its a well known fact cheesy

This must hurt to know

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 8:32am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Shut up, do you know what hypothesis is?
Illiterate... Can you test the jargons in the article you posted?

Illiterate, it's an hypothesis if it cannot be tested. What theory in science talks about end of universe? None

Illiterates like you find it hard to distinguish between a hypothesis and founded theory because you failed woefully in school cheesy
So the evidence that the universe is using up its usable energy is an hypothesis clown.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 8:35am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
sshut up, there's nothing like science fact as regard the end of the universe. What we have are plausible hypothesis from different people, none of them can be tested. You think science is like your religion where any idiot can make without testing it?

The only fact is that matter cannot be created, no evidence for your God and its a well known fact cheesy

This must hurt to know
mumu, that doesn't know what science is, can't even differentiate evidence from hypothesis.

that is why you remain stupid.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:35am On May 25, 2022
Steep:
So the evidence that the universe is using up its usable energy is an hypothesis clown.
Who's this stark illiterate? How does the universe exhausting usable energy any evidence for creation and destruction of matter?

Are you autistic? Do you have comprehension deficiency or you are just stupid? cheesy

If your burning wood exhausted usable energy in fire, will any matter be destroyed in the process. Are you perpetually stupid? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:36am On May 25, 2022
Steep:
Dude, you are getting bashed so bad because you failed to pay attention in science class.

Welcome to online science class with violence cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 8:41am On May 25, 2022
Steep:
mumu, that doesn't know what science is, can't even differentiate evidence from hypothesis.
sorry dude, big freeze is not a fact, it's a hypothesis. You will know if you actually did real science in school. It's not fact, it hasn't been tested.
Stop crying brethren cheesy

Mr. Big freeze the evidence. Welcome to online science class.
Today we going to try to sink the difference between hypothesis and a scientific theory in the your fanatic thick skull.

We also going to tell your that your God is a myth cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
dude, I am tired of conversing with you. You don always make sense. Thanks
I'm not interested in conversing with atheists Sir, i just comment for WELL MEANING and HONEST individuals to locate their own group! wink

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 10:01am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Who's this stark illiterate? How does the universe exhausting usable energy any evidence for creation and destruction of matter?

Are you autistic? Do you have comprehension deficiency or you are just stupid? cheesy

If your burning wood exhausted usable energy in fire, will any matter be destroyed in the process. Are you perpetually stupid? cheesy
see how dumb you comparing chemical reaction to universe losing energy. Matter can be destroyed in nuclear reaction.
Matter was created and it will be destroyed.
As a matter of fact matter can be converted to energy meaning matter can be destroyed.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep: 10:02am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Dude, you are getting bashed so bad because you failed to pay attention in science class.

Welcome to online science class with violence cheesy
you are disgracing yourself. Stop mentioning science you know nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Attacks Apostle Paul / Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? / The God Head, Trinity And The People Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.