Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. (1651 Views)

What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? / What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Kingofhoes: 1:33am On May 25, 2022
Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Cashio(m): 2:43am On May 25, 2022
You are still so young, therefore some few mistakes won't mar you.
It is completely unwise to take a loan to buy a car for just private use. While you are repaying that Loan, remember you will be servicing the vehicle from time to time, remember the security and accident risks.
Spending 1k daily on transport out of over 200k salary monthly is not overwhelming. Perhaps the only consideration here is the stress of public transport. But that is not enough to start seeking for loan to buy a private car.
One of my guys bought a Lexus car on December and just last week, he had an accident that might cost him over 600-700k to get the car in order again. I am sure he doesn't have that money now because he is even yet to tow the car to the mechanic workshop.

4 Likes

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Nobody: 4:12am On May 25, 2022
Get a small civic if you're into Hondas or a Kia Rio. Kia products are cheap. Rio is the other version of the uber Corolla. Not as rugged as the Corolla but, efficient and would serve you. Shaa, do due diligence and ask Kazeems around before getting one. Cc, gazzuzz.

2 Likes

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:18am On May 25, 2022
Cashio:
It is completely unwise to take a loan to buy a car for just private use. While you are repaying that Loan, remember you will be servicing the vehicle from time to time, remember the security and accident risks.
Spending 1k daily on transport out of over 200k salary monthly is not overwhelming. Perhaps the only consideration here is the stress of public transport. But that is not enough to start seeking for loan to buy a private car.
One of my guys bought a Lexus car on December and just last week, he had an accident that might cost him over 600-700k to get the car in order again. I am sure he doesn't have that money now because he is even yet to tow the car to the mechanic workshop.

That's the job of insurance.

If you cannot afford comprehensive insurance, do not buy a car.

4 Likes

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by GloriousGbola: 10:42am On May 25, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Most Nigerians will simply not buy comprehensive insurance. Very bizarre thinking

One would hear of a Co worker who was in a terrible accident where their car was totaled - upon asking what about insurance - we only did 3rd party.
Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by PresEmeka: 4:37pm On May 25, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Most Nigerians will simply not buy comprehensive insurance. Very bizarre thinking

One would hear of a Co worker who was in a terrible accident where their car was totaled - upon asking what about insurance - we only did 3rd party.

How much does the comprehensive insurance cost ?
Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Cyberbeauty(f): 10:05pm On May 25, 2022
Well, perhaps a small electric car or an inexpensive car from around 2007-2010 would suit you. Depends on how comfortable you want to be. You might want to wait a little longer and get a more expensive car. I don't know you personally, so I can't say. But it definitely shouldn't be an old junk car, because you'll get tired of having to fix it all the time. By the way, it is better to buy the car from someone you know, because then you can ask them where the car has been serviced and where the auto detailing has been done. The guy I liked bought the car from his father and he would always tell him what to do and how to behave with it.

1 Like

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Kingofhoes: 7:55am On May 26, 2022
Cyberbeauty:
Well, perhaps a small electric car or an inexpensive car from around 2007-2010 would suit you. Depends on how comfortable you want to be. You might want to wait a little longer and get a more expensive car. I don't know you personally, so I can't say. But it definitely shouldn't be an old junk car, because you'll get tired of having to fix it all the time. By the way, it is better to buy the car from someone you know, because then you can ask them where the car has been serviced and where the auto detailing has been done. The guy I liked bought the car from his father and he would always tell him what to do and how to behave with it.
An electric car in this country would be a pain.

1 Like

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Kingofhoes: 7:57am On May 26, 2022
Olasyke:
Get a small civic if you're into Hondas or a Kia Rio. Kia products are cheap. Rio is the other version of the uber Corolla. Not as rugged as the Corolla but, efficient and would serve you. Shaa, do due diligence and ask Kazeems around before getting one. Cc, gazzuzz.
I was offered a 2012 Honda civic for 3m. I'm thinking of going for a 206 tho. It's small, fuel efficient and would be able to serve me. The 206 has a lot of prestige here in the north

1 Like

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Kingofhoes: 7:59am On May 26, 2022
Cashio:

I'd have taken the money from my father so it'll be easier to pay,but he cut me off when I was 18(except my school fees and basic amenities).in order for me not to get too comfortable and make my own money. I love that man, he made me who I am and who I will become.lol

1 Like

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by kernniejay(m): 2:36pm On May 26, 2022
Peugeot 206 is also a good car for someone like you provided you have good and qualified technicians around to repair and service the car for you regularly.

1 Like

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Promxy94(m): 2:40pm On May 26, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Please sir how much does it take to have a comprehensive insurance. Do they really work in Nigeria, and which insurance company is best for Car insurance.
Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2022
Promxy94:

Please sir how much does it take to have a comprehensive insurance. Do they really work in Nigeria, and which insurance company is best for Car insurance.

080-686-59732 taiwo axamansard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Morganaliticus: 6:49am On May 27, 2022
PresEmeka:

How much does the comprehensive insurance cost ?
Between 3-10% of the cost of the car, per annum
Depending on the type of vehicle
Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by PresEmeka: 12:57pm On May 27, 2022
Morganaliticus:

Between 3-10% of the cost of the car, per annum
Depending on the type of vehicle

Okay thanks
Re: What Car Should I Get As My First Car As A 21 Year Old. by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 27, 2022
It's your choice to decide what to do.

(1) (Reply)

Buying A Car Should Be Easy. What Dealers Aren't Telling You / Toyota Camry Gear Doesn't Select / Mercedes Benz C180 Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.