Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? (14891 Views)

We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood / Traditional/ Native Hausa And Fulani Names? / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by odumchi: 5:34am On Jul 16, 2011
Chei, are you sure you're Yoruba?  shocked

BABE!:

[color=#000099]So you actually pronounce Igbo as I[b]GB[/b]O? Na lie. Is a lie. grin Even them sef (the igbo people) pronounce it as I[b]b[/b]o.

I dey o. Party? No party for me tonight. I just chilled at a bar with a couple of buddies.

You mean Orgo asin O. Chemistry?
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 5:37am On Jul 16, 2011
^^ Is that why you're shining your eyes? lol

We're known for "partying" not "clubbing"---there's a diffrence.

What Ystranger meant by party was "clubbing"--so---- wink
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Jenifa1: 5:39am On Jul 16, 2011
BABE!:

[color=#000099]So you actually pronounce Igbo as I[b]GB[/b]O? Na lie. Is a lie. grin Even them sef (the igbo people) pronounce it as I[b]b[/b]o.

yea. I've never heard it being pronounced as IGBO. even by igbo people themselves. maybe because their gb sound is very silent?
odumchi should come explain to us why igbo people themselves pronounce the word as ibo.

odumchi:

Chei, are you sure you're Yoruba?  shocked

lol let me guess, . you've attended a couple of owambes.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by odumchi: 5:47am On Jul 16, 2011
BABE!:

^^ Is that why you're shining your eyes? lol

We're known for "partying" not "clubbing"---there's a diffrence.

What Ystranger meant by party was "clubbing"--so---- wink

grin grin grin Okeo

Jenifa_:

yea. I've never heard it being pronounced as IGBO. even by igbo people themselves. maybe because their gb sound is very silent?
odumchi should come explain to us why igbo people themselves pronounce the word as ibo.

lol let me guess, . you've attended a couple of owambes.

You know me so well. cool grin
And some Igbo people say "Igbo" so fast that if you dont catch it it sounds like "Ibo"
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 5:48am On Jul 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

I know right. The "Gb" alphabet in igbo language is actually pronounced as "gb". So whats up with the "b"--?

Odumchi sorry for derailing abeg.  grin
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 5:49am On Jul 16, 2011
odumchi:

And some Igbo people say "Igbo" so fast that if you dont catch it it sounds like "Ibo"

Chei! See excuse. Okay o. Na you sabi.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 16, 2011
BABE!:

Chei! See excuse. Okay o. Na you sabi.

grin
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by odumchi: 5:55am On Jul 16, 2011
I can only speak for myself.

BABE!:

I know right. The "Gb" alphabet in igbo language is actually pronounced as "gb". So whats up with the "b"--?

Odumchi sorry for derailing abeg. grin

Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Ystranger: 6:03am On Jul 16, 2011
odumchi:

I can only speak for myself.

Cant you tell who has and hasnt interacted with Igbos?
BABE!:

So you actually pronounce Igbo as I[b]GB[/b]O? Na lie. Is a lie. grin .

Yes, I do.
I use Ibo on NL cos I know it irks them

Try calling them Ibo to thier face? You prolly never lived among them or interacted with them for too long.

I dey o. Party? No party for me tonight. I just chilled at a bar with a couple of buddies.

When is your meet me i meet you thingy with Inky in NY?

You mean Orgo asin O. Chemistry?

Omo yiiii, oti b'[b]o[/b]je patapata.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 6:10am On Jul 16, 2011
Ystranger:

Yes, I do.

Try calling them Ibo to thier face? You prolly never lived among them or interacted with them for too long.

I have. My ex-bf is igbo (he's a fake one though.  grin). Anyways-- I call them "ibo" and they call themselves "ibo"---the ones I know sha. 

Ystranger:

When is your meet me i meet you thingy with Inky in NY?

Coming up soonest. I can't tell you the exact date (I don't even know it myself) here. I have too many stalkers on here. grin

Why you dey ask sef---you won join?

What does your "Orgo" mean though-? I know "Orgo" as a slang for Organic chemistry.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Ystranger: 6:16am On Jul 16, 2011
BABE!:

I have. My ex-bf is igbo (he's a fake one though.  grin). Anyways-- I call them "ibo" and they call themselves "ibo"---the ones I know sha. 

What? What? DOnt sell out please. Hopefully, he didnt have a taste?

Why you dey ask sef---you won join?

What is wrong with trying to get to know omo baba o ni cocoa?

Yeah I wan join o, but me and you only.

Are you on break? Stalkers? Awon wo ni yen?

Woon o too be. Ladugbo mi?
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 6:23am On Jul 16, 2011
Odumchi no vex abeg---It's stranger's fault.- smiley

Ystranger:

What? What? DOnt sell out please. Hopefully, he didnt have a taste?

Taste ko, Itowo ni. For your info., I prefer "Omo Nna" to "Omo Yoruba"----don't ask me why.

Ystranger:

What is wrong with trying to get to know omo baba o ni cocoa?

Yeah I wan join o, but me and you only.

Are you on break? Stalkers? Awon wo ni yen?

Woon o too be. Ladugbo mi?

Baba oni cocoa? ---You're a joker.

Yes--I'm finally on break. Stalkers?---you're one of them now.  grin

Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Ystranger: 6:33am On Jul 16, 2011
BABE!:

Odumchi no vex abeg---It's stranger's fault.- smiley

EVerything is my fault. I am the one typing everything for you.

Taste ko, Itowo ni. For your info., I prefer "Omo Nna" to "Omo Yoruba"----don't ask me why.

I am not surprised. With all those fugly guys in modeke, I am not surprised. Just cross the line from Ondo Road side and you will realize that we fine, NO BE SMALL.  Awa omo aji lala oso, Omo aji fi ojo gbogbo dara bi egbin. We need no introduction grin

Baba oni cocoa? ---You're a joker.

Hey, If not your father, then your grandfather. Irrespective, I see owo cocoa on you.

Yes--I'm finally on break. Stalkers?---you're one of them now.  grin

What are you upto thses days?  Free? cool
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 6:41am On Jul 16, 2011
Ystranger:

EVerything is my fault. I am the one typing everything for you.

It's your fault.  grin

Ystranger:

I am not surprised. With all those fugly guys in modeke, I am not surprised. Just cross the line from Ondo Road side and you will realize that we fine, NO BE SMALL.  Awa omo aji lala oso, Omo aji fi ojo gbogbo dara bi egbin. We need no introduction grin

LMAO----I don't know Modak. like that o. I've only been there once sef. I don't really know anyone from there apart from myself--so your "theory" is BS.

Ystranger:

Hey, If not your father, then your grandfather. Irrespective, I see owo cocoa on you.

Owo Cocoa ko, owo Agbalumo ni.---hehehe.

I'm up to having fun while it lasts---before school starts for fall sems. Why are you asking if I'm free--you want to come and see in Texas?
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Ystranger: 6:53am On Jul 16, 2011
BABE!:

LMAO----I don't know Modak. like that o. I've only been there once sef. I don't really know anyone from there apart from myself--so your "theory" is BS.

Well, my theory is not BS. I know them very well, like the back of my hand. For starters, Dele Olojede versus Fani Kayode grin

Owo Cocoa ko, owo Agbalumo ni.---hehehe.

You guys dont grow agbalumo jo. It is owo cocoa that is making your skin jolo like that

I'm up to having fun while it lasts---before school starts for fall sems. Why are you asking if I'm free--you want to come and see in Texas?

You should come to the Big Apple. igbadun unlimited.

You coming to see Inky, you might as well come to see me instead
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 7:01am On Jul 16, 2011
Lol at the Comparison--- E ri yen so.  grin

Ko si owo cocoa kankan ni bi kankan abeg--- Cocoa is not making my skin glow. It's fresh air. grin --Go figure.

I'm coming to NY. That's for sure. I just don't know when--- We're both coming to see don't worry.

I thought you were a jersey guy---anyways-ati jersey, ati york, same na ni. -We'll see you sha.  wink Ke' ti lo agbada yin si le o.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Sike(m): 7:52am On Jul 16, 2011
Chai! See Language Incantation!! I'd berra Run 4 my head.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by dempeople(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2011
[size=13pt]@ YStranger, [/size]

BABE!:

Taste ko, Itowo ni. For your info., I prefer [size=15pt]"Omo Nna"[/size] to "Omo Yoruba"----don't ask me why.

cheesy cheesy cheesy ; wink wink. U no see say the babe like better thing. Omo nna no dee carry last.  wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Ystranger:

Cant you tell who has and hasnt interacted with Igbos?
Yes, I do.

Eventhough most times u're crazy, I atimes appreciate your honesty e.g, in differentiating Igbo from Ibo. Don't mind Ileke-Idi. She probably grew up in the forests of Ekiti, come miss road enter yankee.  cool

[size=13pt]@BABE!,[/size]

My sister, o t'ojo meta. Kilonshe?

I like your signature but you can correct it or else you meant to say "also" in that context. Change the "kwu" to "kwa" so that instead of being;

Oam4j, lovu gi di kwu egwu,

It will be;

Oam4j, lovu gi di [b]kwa [/b]egwu.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2011
dem_people:

[size=13pt]@ YStranger, [/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy ; wink wink. U no see say the babe like better thing. Omo nna no dee carry last.  wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Eventhough most times u're crazy, I atimes appreciate your honesty e.g, in differentiating Igbo from Ibo. Don't mind Ileke-Idi. She probably grew up in the forests of Ekiti, come miss road enter yankee.  cool

[size=13pt]@BABE!,[/size]

If you can't tell that the dude was playing you ppl on your own thread, then you're a bigger fool.

I definitely grew up in an Ekiti forest, and I must tell you, it was the best part of my childhood. cool
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2011
Thank you very much, dem people. I dey o--- Flexing.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by dempeople(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If you can't tell that the dude was playing you ppl on your own thread, then you're a bigger fool.

I definitely grew up in an Ekiti forest, and I must tell you, it was the best part of my childhood.  cool

Oh shuruuup u baloon-chested wide cun.t. I can see you severely missed me especially my very caressing hands. How na?  smiley  wink wink
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2011
dem_people:

Oh shuruuup u baloon-chested wide cun.t. I can see you severely missed me especially my very caressing hands. How na?  smiley  wink

How old are you again? Grow up.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by odumchi: 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2011
Derailment at its worst. angry

1 Like

Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by dempeople(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How old are you again? Grow up.

I take it you're saying hi. I dee oo.  wink wink wink
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by dempeople(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2011
odumchi:

Derailment at its worst.  angry

Abeg nwanne no vex. I love pulling that girl's legs. We're best of buddies. That's how we roll. Sorry for the derailment.  wink wink wink
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2011
odumchi:

Derailment at its worst. angry

Chei! I feel horrible. Ndo. Pele. I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you--(I don't know how).
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by dempeople(m): 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2011
And back to topic.

Igbo is igbo and ibo is ibo which makes Igbo not equal to Ibo. wink wink wink
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by BABE3: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2011
dem_people:

And back to topic.

Igbo is igbo and ibo is ibo which makes Igbo not equal to Ibo. wink wink wink

lol---That's not even the topic.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by dempeople(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2011
BABE!:

lol---That's not even the topic.

If u say so my lady, only if u say so.  wink wink wink

Ileke's venom is surprisingly in short supply today. tongue

@Odumchi, I really like this topic and my mind is here!
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by odumchi: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2011
BABE!:

Chei! I feel horrible. Ndo. Pele. I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you--(I don't know how).

Ill hold you accountable for this in the future. grin

dem_people:

Abeg nwanne no vex. I love pulling that girl's legs. We're best of buddies. That's how we roll. Sorry for the derailment. wink wink wink

Nairaland should really have a private messenger.
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by dempeople(m): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2011
odumchi:

Nairaland should really have a private messenger.

Iwegi adina oku nwanne. Your topic is bam. Will contribute more when I'm back. wink cool
Re: How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? by lagcity(m): 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

the girl is impressive
wow.

yoruba muslims are known to be quite syncretic. that's why SOME hausas don't consider them to be pure muslims.

"Orisha bi Iya osi" is a very popular saying, it has nothing to do with being syncretic. Hausas actually still combine Islam with a lot of their old beliefs. they still visit marabouts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Onitsha Igbo Be Igbo Izugbe? / Funny yoruba Names And Their Meanings / Suggest Igbo Names Starting With "P"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.