Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? (44844 Views)

Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by N2B2: 8:52pm On May 26, 2022
Karnice600:

Rich is relative, bro.

You can't put Wizkid and C Ronaldo in the same sentence.
Just like you can't put Dangote and Musk in the same context.
With his monthly 500k, that guy can progress through stages of "rich", through strategic planning and investment with time.

But, he is talking about now. Not the future, but now.

I agree that wealth is relative.

The OP's 500k+/month take home may look like a luxury to some, but there are others wealthy enough to lose that money in bank stamp duty and not even notice.

I don't about strategic planning. I was just giving my thoughts on his "Is 500k/month enough for me to be considered rich" question.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by kaymart: 8:52pm On May 26, 2022
Igbofam2:

Will you keep kwayet angry

What do you even know about responsibility since you say you are yet unmarried and here you are wanting him to live a lavish life which includes smoking, drinking, clubbing etc as proof that his taste has changed and that he only lives once.

Women should learn to keep kwayet when men try to rationalize their pockets because na we know where our shoe dey pinch as we dey wear am.

The guy said what he said and he is right because I am just like him. I do not club, smoke, drink or womanize and I make 10 times of that 500k monthly.

Live a lavish life for yourself and let more sensible people with a future live their's according to their plans, projections and taste
Some of us want a disciplined and clean life. Womanizing, clubbing and smoking are not fulfiling for us.
As a matter of fact, they ain't fun to some of us....

4 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:54pm On May 26, 2022
SenecaTheYonger:

You don’t even earn up to minimum wage. Well sha, anyone can form anything here grin grin

Says the boy who asks for crumbs. cheesy

Or you think I don't know you? You know we both know. cheesy

Don't let me open your can of worms here. sad

Weren't you the one who me-----? wink
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:59pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Start earning it and you will know.

As your income increases, your taste increases. Those that know, know.

You're right though, a colleague earns 900K monthly and still complains.

But on average, a single person without responsibilities #100K should be alright for a start, if one is having a family of one #250K should do, for a family of four #500K should do, anywhere in country.

Albeit many people lack financial intelligence and discipline to control spending so parkinson's law catches up with them; income will rise to meet expenses. The true test of a wealthy thinking person is to live few levels below thier true earnings/worth. And this has nothing to do so much with what one earns rather how they spend and invest, anybody without a sustainable source of replenishment of what is spent will definitely complain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Johnchrix(m): 9:07pm On May 26, 2022
phr33man:

Oga, you are rich since you have no responsibility. Just try spend judiciously and invest wisely before they start showing up

9 Years ago my uncle's friend was a senior manager controlling 10 States of Zeneith Bank Branches, pay was 400k + he was member of their secret society, guess what' he was killed because he refused to give his wife..Op is even lucky to have a job that pays so we'll without joining any frat he's complaining..
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Awinneralways: 9:26pm On May 26, 2022
Tranquility2345:

My papa na shayo bastard angry

Yup we know
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by nwetadinobi042(m): 9:28pm On May 26, 2022
Abeg Chief, wetin be your occupation?
ObosiUkwalla:
So I was arguing with a friend who stays in the states and he keeps saying I am a rich guy.

Current salary is about 512k per month (take home), and has an annual increment of 15% of your take home. This is aside perks of perdiem anytime I travel outside work base (15k per night).

Anytime he wants me to have minor something done in NG on his bahalf, he expects me to use my money and whenever I ask, he tells me not to complain that I am rich (he knows what I earn), I don't have a problem doing those things for him.

I don't see myself rich and pls guys, what can someone earn in Nigeria to be termed rich. Your opinions will count alot as I still find it hard getting the usual daily stuffs we all use.
I am not married and do not have responsibilities. My mom is a retired govt worker and other siblings are all working.

Cc: seun mynd44 pls help us for more audience and opinions
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by YangaBabe: 9:39pm On May 26, 2022
Minimum wage is 33k, I hope that answers your question.

Meanwhile, do you want a sleek power bank you can carry anywhere you go? Get this Oraimo power bank and say goodbye to all your low battery worries.

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Gamesmart: 9:41pm On May 26, 2022
Esales:

Others are just being sentimental, 500k is $830 salary monthly. My sister earned $1,200 as a nanny for a special needs child with only waec back in the days in the USA and someone said 500k is rich. This just goes to show that people are living in squalor in this country.

500k is average. I earn 1m+ monthly and I don't see myself as rich at all, I still have a long way to go. Plot of land is in millions, good cars are expensive. I refuse to buy a car older than 7yrs, that's 2015, check the price. I had to upgrade my apartment after hoodlums broke into my former apartment cus I stopped "dropping something", I lost over 2m worth of property in that raid cus I wanted to live in an apartment below 1m, now my first priority is security and a sane neighborhood, rent is now well above 2m.
Building a house? Plot of land in bariga is around 10m+/- 10% currently, I won't go to live with snakes and scorpions or subject myself to a life of 6hrs daily traffic cus I want to build my house on a land of 1-2m.

Rich starts from at least 2-3m. Anything lower is average.

You really don't sound very smart.

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:43pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Says the boy who asks for crumbs. cheesy

Or you think I don't know you? You know we both know. cheesy

Don't let me open your can of worms here. sad

Weren't you the one who me-----? wink

Open up Abeg, Victoria, make I laugh small grin
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by ezewealth(m): 9:53pm On May 26, 2022
There is different between rich and wealthy.
Your just rich, because to an extent you can afford moderate nice things for your self. With your salary you can get ur self a good loan of 5million to kick start a major project. But u ar very far from being a wealthy person.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Oluwapresley(m): 10:12pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

500k Isn't rich, please. Especially if you have a lot of responsibilities/mouths to feed.

Na average salary. Start earning it and you'll know how far.

Uyai. Kai. Omalicha. Sweetim. ���
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by yahmohy27: 10:14pm On May 26, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

I am not married.
So you are looking for a husband too?
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by pongwa(m): 10:20pm On May 26, 2022
micxwell:
There's nothing wrong with aiming high. Being complacent with that sum doesn't cut it for some people.
This thread is proof that the word RICH is subjective. I don't think I've heard anyone earning a particular sum say they are okay with the sum. I have an uncle earning above 3.5m as at 2015 and he'll still tell you he wants a better pay.
I believe everyone's opinion on this is right to an extent.
Someone earning 100k will call another earning 250k a boss and it goes on and on.
I understand your point of view. Its just not mine, God bless, I wan sleep abeg

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Ajibade123(m): 10:23pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

500k Isn't rich, please. Especially if you have a lot of responsibilities/mouths to feed.

as a rich woman how much do you earn monthly??
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Fantazy(m): 10:27pm On May 26, 2022
Being rich might have nothing to do with your monthly earning. It's your mentality that matters.
One can earn millions and go broke before next pay.
One can earn 20k and count his/her self as rich; it all depends on what u make out of it.
So, You re the one to give answer to your question - If you are rich or not!

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Johnchrix(m): 10:43pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

How much are you earning madam, clitocurrency abi..

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by ObosiUkwalla: 10:47pm On May 26, 2022
yahmohy27:

So you are looking for a husband too?

How can a guy with d**k like me be looking for a husband?? Nawa u oo
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Steady259(m): 10:47pm On May 26, 2022
Winneygirl:

Your pay is fair, and I will consider you middle class. You can live in a clean accessible apartment with water, fuel your car conveniently and have some savings to plan for your future. You can afford to hang out with your friends weekly if you choose and you will not cry. You can afford to buy a piece of land that is cheap and you will not feel it much in your pocket.
But you are middle class.
To maintain this lifestyle, you have to continually earn that annual 15% increment which I will hope that you save monthly since your lifestyle shouldn't change because of small increment.
If marriage is in your plans, marry someone who works and earns well. At least 50% of what you earn.
This way, you can still afford your current lifestyle while raising a family.
But if you prefer a SAHM for a wife, your 512k will bring you down to lower class. You will cancel hang out with your friends. That your piece of land you bought, you will not build anything on it. You will cry when you realise how much you have to spend on diapers and baby formula and daily running of the house.
Then anger will set in. You will forget love. Anxiety and resentment will set in and you will spend everyday complaining about how this country is bad.

You are a very intelligent lady.
Would like to be a friend if you won't mind.

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:55pm On May 26, 2022
SenecaTheYonger:

Open up Abeg, Victoria, make I laugh small grin

For the sake of our one time friendship, I'll let this slide. Don't cross my path next time. You won't survive it. I'll crush you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by zamirikpo(m): 11:16pm On May 26, 2022
How old are you first. For me, if u r a fresh graduate who got lucky......u can say u r doing well.....cos u hv time. But if u r above 30 or 35yrs. 500k monthly is average.

Then again in d grand scheme of things ,I can say with authority that a 500k salary is actually poor in a country where u hv plenty billionaires and millions of millionaires.

Even Tinubu na trillionaire, I hear sey nimasa boss get 1.5trillion for him account. With 500k when will u hit 1billion.

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Goalnaldo(m): 11:19pm On May 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

For the sake of our one time friendship, I'll let thus slide. Don't cross my path next time. You won't survive it. I'll crush you. cheesy
please ill like to get your number again.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by bepositive11: 1:00am On May 27, 2022
SUPERPACK:
We all see life from different lens, bro.

Don't mind him
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by bepositive11: 1:00am On May 27, 2022
Onariii:

Which kind boring life be that undecided remember u only live once

There are much better things to do in life

1 Like

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by seanwilliam(m): 2:25am On May 27, 2022
franklingud:

You and that your male friend who earns about 800k per month must be a very ridiculously greedy set of individuals.

Imagine someone that earns about 800k per month saying it's not enough for him??

Some times I wonder the planet some people come from.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Someone that's not married and does not have any responsibility oooo!

When you reach that stage , you will understand.

Few years ago, the highest money I spend on food at cateen was 500.
Today , I mostly eat in eateries which will cost me atleast 2500 per meal .
If I go two times that’s 5k X 30days ( 75k)
That is someone’s ‘good’ salary on food alone .

Before you add other bills like data, fuel, nepa, subription, family and friends , house rent etc,

The more you earn, the more your taste improves ..

I used to say I can’t use phone above 100k , I said after all phone na phone, today , infact my phone and laptop alone is a little less down a million,
This is not show off and that’s average and normal thing to do ..

And no matter how miserly and frugal you spend , there are some things that will improve about U, and mind you everyone has money draining habit in one way or the other.
It could be gadgets, cloth, jewelry, women, cars , food etc..
And don’t assume single people don’t have responsibilities, infact, bills they pay is more then what some marriage peeps pay.

500k is very very good for a single man in Nigeria regardless but can’t be considered rich .

Rich ke? If he’s the jaiye jaiye type, how much to remain .?
And life is not all about living miserly all in the name of savings. If you die, na people wey no work for your money go chop am clean mouth.

With 500k he’s better than most salary earners but in true definition of ‘rich’ , he’s not. He’s just maybe comfortable depends on the bills he pay .

May God lift up our hands

4 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Awinneralways: 4:39am On May 27, 2022
Tranquility2345:

Guys this is Labadi69 don’t answer him pls
sad
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 5:33am On May 27, 2022
Gamesmart:

You really don't sound very smart.

Don't you think you are the dumb one?
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by SenecaTheYonger: 5:59am On May 27, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

For the sake of our one time friendship, I'll let this slide. Don't cross my path next time. You won't survive it. I'll crush you. cheesy

Nice reverse psychology. Even though we chat all the time on IG

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Awinneralways: 6:28am On May 27, 2022
Tranquility2345:

These ogas you mention may make 500k in cash but if you add their allowances, e go pass 2m. House (fully furnished with gen and free diesel supply, car, driver, maids, cook, travel per diem, business class travel, some even get kitchen and wardrobe allowance plus children school fees paid for. Don’t compare an Oga at the top to one small boy cos you hear 500k angry

L
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Ezidimma(m): 6:58am On May 27, 2022
SUPERPACK:
You are married OP is not
You and your wife earn 450k only him earns 513k after tax, pension and insurance deductions plus possible welfare packages. The reply is to the OP not you.
My guy in the present Nigeria, even if you are single & I will also add even if you are a miser who eats 500 meals 3 times a day & lives at Ajegunle or Orile. There's no way you can't spend over 150k on basic needs then add a few wants because we all have wants or do u expect a person that earns 500k to ignore his/her wants? Let's say he spends just 50k on his excesses, that leaves him with 300k from where he saves for future plans & house rent.....300 by 12 is 3.6 million annual savings, will u label someone that saved up 3.6 million in a year rich? If he she travel for Xmas in my part of the country, 800k will short from that savings. Rent, clothes, people he knows must Wed, must die, must do house warming, child dedications etc & he's expected to support financially, he's also obliged to travel on some occasions so that 3.6 million will be perforated significantly by so many unforseen developments which leaves him with an amount I can beat my chest & say INTERNATIONALLY SPEAKING, THE PERSON IS A MILLION MILES FROM BEING RICH & Locally speaking, he's also not at all rich.

2 Likes

Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by Bishopino: 7:08am On May 27, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

I am not married.
If you are no rich making 500k and above every month: making #1m never. Go ask some broked ex footballer's, like .. ifeanyi udeze, Ebou and others.
Upon all their weekly cash in, their reckless life took almost all.
Re: Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? by wirinet(m): 7:29am On May 27, 2022
seanwilliam:

When you reach that stage , you will understand.

Few years ago, the highest money I spend on food at cateen was 500.
Today , I mostly eat in eateries which will cost me atleast 2500 per meal .
If I go two times that’s 5k X 30days ( 75k)
That is someone’s ‘good’ salary on food alone .

Before you add other bills like data, fuel, nepa, subription, family and friends , house rent etc,

The more you earn, the more your taste improves ..

I used to say I can’t use phone above 100k , I said after all phone na phone, today , infact my phone and laptop alone is a little less down a million,
This is not show off and that’s average and normal thing to do ..

And no matter how miserly and frugal you spend , there are some things that will improve about U, and mind you everyone has money draining habit in one way or the other.
It could be gadgets, cloth, jewelry, women, cars , food etc..
And don’t assume single people don’t have responsibilities, infact, bills they pay is more then what some marriage peeps pay.

500k is very very good for a single man in Nigeria regardless but can’t be considered rich .

Rich ke? If he’s the jaiye jaiye type, how much to remain .?
And life is not all about living miserly all in the name of savings. If you die, na people wey no work for your money go chop am clean mouth.

With 500k he’s better than most salary earners but in true definition of ‘rich’ , he’s not. He’s just maybe comfortable depends on the bills he pay .

May God lift up our hands

You calculation is off. If you eat 2500 per meal 2 times a day for 30days.That will total 150,000 per month and not 75,000. And we have not added medemede and ijekuje (snacks) yet. By the time we total everything, you will spend nothing less that N200,000 on food and drinks alone.

Even if you eat the barest minimum that can still be considered as food, and spend 500 per meal twice a day at "mama put", you will still spend a minimum of 30,000 per month on food alone. And someone here says a family of 4 can feed on N50 000 a month. It betrays the quality of what he considers as food.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Grooming Centre Online Aptitude Test / Free Job Test And Interview Questions + Answers / N-power Ogun State Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.