Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:01 PM

Entrepreneurship Or 9-5....which One Is Better? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entrepreneurship Or 9-5....which One Is Better? (124 Views)

9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria / Why I Don't Support 9-5 Jobs / How To Apply For Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entrepreneurship Or 9-5....which One Is Better? by OlasunkanmiSM(m): 1:24pm On May 25, 2022
If you ask me... that's an article worthy headline �

See ehn...let's be honest.

Different strokes for different people. I honestly don't get why some "Entrepreneurs" look down on 9-5 workers.

"Salary is the bribe they give you to forget your dreams"...said a wannabe motivational speaker �.

Should be wiped an Oraimo USB cord �

I've worked multiple 9-5 jobs. More than I can count.

I've worked even longer hours. 9-5 is a scam in a country like Nigeria. You never work 9-5 even if it's in the job description � (another topic for another day sha).

I invested my salary into starting the Entrepreneurship life and it's the best decision I ever made. I'd do it again if I could. 100%.

But my point is...

As long as it's fulfilling your wants and needs...choose which way works best for you.

For most people...it's working 9-5 and they thrive in it.

Entrepreneurship is no walk in the park...that's why few people succeed in it.

They approach it with a 9-5 mind and find out it's totally a different thing...and then give up.

But trust me...the efforts are totally worth it.

And then there are those working 9-5 and doing Entrepreneurship as a side hustle. People like me.

Personally...I love the Entrepreneurship life and want to transform into it as a full-timer. Working on it by the way.

My advice before making the switch...

Make sure your business is bringing enough income for you.

Making the switch should be to scale up your business.

I mean...the goal is always to trade less time for money...not the other way round.

Be it 9-5 or Entrepreneurship...it's your choice to make.

The point is to do it well.

If you choose a 9-5 or Entrepreneurship...

Just make sure you are good at what you do because that's where the money goes.

...and no.. I don't mean more certificates.

Upgrade your skills...upgrade your income.

That's the way to go.

What's your own view on the topic? Let's have it in the comments �

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dispatch Rider Needed In Ibadan / Solar Technician / Female Social Media_handler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.