Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him (56295 Views)

A School Teacher Did This To Your Son,as A Parent What Is Your Next Move ? / How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary You Have Had As A Sec Or Pry School Teacher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by joyandfaith: 8:51pm On May 25, 2022
envoymedia:
Lagos Pupil Vomits And Dies After He Was Allegedly Flogged By His Teacher Over Homework (Photo)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd-U4e3Na3S/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

You can't beat my kids in school without my permission. No teacher should dare me. Some teachers will be beating children as if they are academically sound.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by omohayek: 8:53pm On May 25, 2022
matm:
Flogging on d hand or buttocks has no correlation with vommitting. must have an ilhealth issues dt led to vommitting.
He was not d only one flogged in d class.
Aitopsy will show he didn't die as a result of flogging.
And here we see another armchair MD race to the defense of the indefensible. Even if by some miracle (or by the usual Nigerian factor of corruption and incompetence) an autopsy fails to assign blame to the teacher, what he did was still an act of physical assault under the law, aggravated by being committed against a minor, and for that he deserves to go to prison for several years. That will start to get it through the thick skulls of a few stubborn teachers that the bodies of children under their care shouldn't be treated as convenient outlets for their personal frustrations.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Alexfacts(m): 8:54pm On May 25, 2022
The teacher think say this generation na that time when them go flog us mercilessly and we no go cry
Now slap a ten year old the pupil go day convulse
Of course he f**ked up....... But the boy pman no be kwaku the traveller
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by asogo1: 8:54pm On May 25, 2022
The boy died not from flogging I guess, underlying health issue might be the cause. (RIP young blood) If flogging d kill some of us for die since. In 2007 i was in jss2 i received 58 strokes on my butt, touching my toes. We see things then, for all boys boarding sch that year sha. But it made alot of impact tho, cuz i been stubborn die.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by joyandfaith: 8:55pm On May 25, 2022
majamajic:
Devil

If flogging dey kiii person ... Our principal then flogged the hell out of us for 6 yrs

Reason why teachers should not flog pupils without permission of their parents is that some children have some underlying illnesses and probably on medications . Not all kids are medically strong.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by CaveAdullam: 8:56pm On May 25, 2022
Lanretoye:
a living dog is better than a dead lion a spoilt child is better than a dead child.

With all due respect, stop talking nonsense!

From your analogy, kidnappers, fraudsters, bandits, terrorists, human traffickers, quack professionals etc. are better alive than being dead. Dead or alive, the consequences of their actions is chaos - first destroying others before their own demise.

You're bragging about a spoilt child. But same you will be the first to lay curses on other parents for not training their kids in the right way. Same you will tend to instill discipline on a child who's not yours. Same you will complain about the evil of our society. Same you will start running from mosque to church, helter skelter when you can no longer caution your kids.

The use of the rod must be balanced, extremity is a no. However, we all know why teachers go extreme with the rod on pupils/students: once students notice that a teacher isn't willing or forced by the school management not to use the rod, they make jest of the teacher and view him/her ignominously.

You all have spoilt kids at home. And you should thank teachers for accommodating a truckload of trashy behaviors from kids from different homes day in and out. If you think it is easy withdraw your child from school and train the child yourself. The money you pay as tuition is one hand, instilling discipline and trying to merge that child into a responsible adult, a duty you can't do and using the school as an escape route is a different ball game entirely.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by murmee: 8:56pm On May 25, 2022
Typicool8:
Too many senseless people on Nairaland.
Anyway from my point of view I think the boy died from something else not flogging because the whole class was flogged and so why is his own case different.
Meanwhile the hospital should conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death
You are right. Something the boy ate or drink the night before or in the morning before going to school or something he bought and ate or drink on his way to school reacted in his stomach and killed him. No teacher will flog a child to kill him. As you already pointed out, the whole class was flogged for not doing their homework. The action is to instill discipline and nothing more. Proper autopsy should be done to know the cause of death!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by ppogba: 8:57pm On May 25, 2022
Teachers should be careful these days. Most kids are malnutrition walking about in human body.

Cocopops plus cowbell milk does not translate to a balanced diet.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by chineduisaac(m): 8:57pm On May 25, 2022
It is practically impossible for the boy to die from the same flogging as the rest of the class without him having an underlying health condition.

An autopsy should be carried out to determine the cause of his death.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by omohayek: 9:00pm On May 25, 2022
CaveAdullam:

With all due respect, stop talking nonsense!

From your analogy, kidnappers, fraudsters, bandits, terrorists, human traffickers, quack professionals etc. are better alive than being dead. Dead or alive, the consequences of their actions is chaos - first destroying others before their own demise.

You're bragging about a spoilt child. But same you will be the first to lay curses on other parents for not training their kids in the right way. Same you will tend to instill discipline on a child who's not yours. Same you will complain about the evil of our society. Same you will start running from mosque to church, helter skelter when you can no longer caution your kids.

The use of the rod must be balanced, extremity is a no. However, we all know why teachers go extreme with the rod on pupils/students: once students notice that a teacher isn't willing or forced by the school management not to use the rod, they make jest of the teacher and view him/her ignominously.

You all have spoilt kids at home. And you should thank teachers for accommodating a truckload of trashy behaviors from kids from different homes day in and out. If you think it is easy withdraw your child from school and train the child yourself. The money you pay as tuition is one hand, instilling discipline and trying to merge that child into a responsible adult, a duty you can't do and using the school as an escape route is a different ball game entirely.

Thanks.
If physically assaulting children was really the secret to "discipline" and a crime-free life, why is Nigeria then such a hellhole compared to countries like Denmark, Germany, Japan, Australia, Canada and all the other nations where such brutal methods of "discipline" are quickly punished with the full force of the law? Shouldn't Nigeria have become a beacon of peace and prosperity by now, with all the "discipline" sadistic adults have dished out to children over the decades? And yet every single one of you who praise such "discipline" would be screaming with joy if you were to suddenly get the opportunity to immigrate to one of those "indisciplined" societies I've mentioned. Animals!
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Ameduedwin: 9:01pm On May 25, 2022
Urheadmaster:
exactly cool
so is everybody have body reaction ?
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Rex777: 9:02pm On May 25, 2022
Flogging cannot kill in the name of discipline.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by VenumX: 9:03pm On May 25, 2022
Tokskob2008:

In a school I worked last year, the proprietress specifically told the students that no teacher was allowed to use cane or any other form of punishment on them as a result of these the students became "over spoilt" to the extent of them placing a bet to see who could fumble a female teacher's breast in class and they did it. So tell me why you send kids to school if not to get disciplined and educated

I attended a private school. They didn't flog but were very strict with us. Any wrong move and you are out of the school.

The bolded can only happen in a school where the teachers have no authority at all and have no say. Some schools are just all about the money so anything the parents' say goes.

By the way, are you toks2008?
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by blaise26abj(m): 9:04pm On May 25, 2022
Chain effect of corruption . Subsequent govt stole money for electricity , current govt takes the corruption Barton , No electricity , Dad takes phone from child to conserve energy , child gets beaten in school for incomplete assignment , beating triggers vomiting and child dies .

Corruption and looting of public funds should attract nothing else but Death sentence .
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 25, 2022
envoymedia:
Lagos Pupil Vomits And Dies After He Was Allegedly Flogged By His Teacher Over Homework (Photo)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd-U4e3Na3S/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Nah spiritual thing. Your child don die since. Nah physical string him dey find. Was his own flogging more than others abi nah him first time to be flogged be that?
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Angy55(f): 9:09pm On May 25, 2022
Malory:
The question is why always Lagos? Is this because of Tinubu's bad luck?. Too many questions begging for answers

The frustration is high in Lagos. Menial pay Jobs, traffic stress and high cost of living.
You see people venting their frustrations on others unnecessarily.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Adonisteve: 9:14pm On May 25, 2022
Typicool8:
Too many senseless people on Nairaland.
Anyway from my point of view I think the boy died from something else not flogging because the whole class was flogged and so why is his own case different.
Meanwhile the hospital should conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death
people and their emotions. I was not surprised by their comments. Only few are looking at the issue from the teacher's angle, probably teachers. May we not find ourselves in a tight situation like this.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by VillageGuyArts1(m): 9:18pm On May 25, 2022
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Trybes(m): 9:18pm On May 25, 2022
Be right back
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by VillageGuyArts1(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2022
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by lexy2014: 9:19pm On May 25, 2022
omohayek:

Even if he was already sick, how do you know that it wasn't the physical assault which pushed the boy over the edge? The lengths to which Nigerians will go to excuse barbaric violence! But what more can one expect in a nation where mob lynchings are regarded as "jungle justice", and expatriate tribalists routinely excuse and encourage the murder and terrorisation of their own people.

with all ur emotional outburst, u havent been able to negate a single word I said.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by CaveAdullam: 9:20pm On May 25, 2022
omohayek:

If physically assaulting children was really the secret to "discipline" and a crime-free life, why is Nigeria then such a hellhole compared to countries like Denmark, Germany, Japan, Australia, Canada and all the other nations where such brutal methods of "discipline" are quickly punished with the full force of the law? Shouldn't Nigeria have become a beacon of peace and prosperity by now, with all the "discipline" sadistic adults have dished out to children over the decades? And yet every single one of you who praise such "discipline" would be screaming with joy if you were to suddenly get the opportunity to immigrate to one of those "indisciplined" societies I've mentioned. Animals!

Good points.

First of all you'll agree that the West is in a state of decline. LGBTQ, gender misnomer, liberalism, woke culture, progressivism, metoo culture, feminism, use of antidepressants, abortion protest, mass shooting etc. are all features of the West. And most of these acts are carried by the younger generations (even though they have some older generations backing them up).

Moral decadence + crimes exists in the countries you mentioned + in Nigeria. Therefore, the use of the rod of discipline is an extremely weak factor when considering the economic advancement across continents. The West are not advanced because they don't use the rod of discipline on their kids. Or, don't scold their kids.
What makes their countries work is the rule of law, science, technology and advancement in many areas. Genetics and environmental factors also play a great role.

Overall, if kids are not disciplined, they forgo their boundaries and lose respect for the law and older ones. It is simple as that.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Nongovernmental: 9:27pm On May 25, 2022
After Over 100 Financial Sensitization Thread on Nairaland,

Is The Messiah of The World A SCAMMER ?

Well, Find Out Here:

Alas; The Messiah of The World is A Scam:

https://www.nairaland.com/7143086/long-last-called-messiah-world#7143086.8

58 Days Financial Challenge:

https://www.nairaland.com/7058371/58-days-countdown-earn-next

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by michoim(m): 9:29pm On May 25, 2022
Unknown Teachers on rampage
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Typicool8(m): 9:30pm On May 25, 2022
Adonisteve:
people and their emotions. I was not surprised by their comments. Only few are looking at the issue from the teacher's angle, probably teachers. May we not find ourselves in a tight situation like this.
Amen oo
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by hero2000: 9:37pm On May 25, 2022
Lanretoye:
a living dog is better than a dead lion a spoilt child is better than a dead child.

No be spoilt child go kill himself and others? Haven't you heard of a man killing himself and along with his family?

Too many spoilt children killing people for rituals today. No to spoilt children.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Lightorder: 9:59pm On May 25, 2022
Lanretoye:
If them born one nonsense teacher well make e flog my son for what so ever reason,even me wen born am self no dey beat am.if una know say my so no dey do well for school make una expel him no be to beat life out of him.
rest in peace, good boy
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Booty4ker(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2022
Assault my child anyhow and see a two loaded truck of soldiers bundle you like a sack of potatoes, off to the barracks you go angry
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by Lightorder: 10:02pm On May 25, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Similar incident happened during my secondary school days.

These guy connive with a friend to go to the cinema during school hours not knowing someone saw them.

After they returned, the teacher asked him were he has been

The rest turned to history.

If it wasn't for autopsy that saves the teacher before people begins to condemned him for being harsh.
I don’t envy teachers these days. When parents fail In their duties, they pass them unto them like traps and wait to blame them
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by donsheddy1(m): 10:04pm On May 25, 2022
Lanretoye:
If them born one nonsense teacher well make e flog my son for what so ever reason,even me wen born am self no dey beat am.if una know say my so no dey do well for school make una expel him no be to beat life out of him.
You even expel my child because e nor do homework self you go collect. Like after you refund my money back you go still collect.
Re: Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him by ucjoel: 10:09pm On May 25, 2022
Rip to the boy.
For me I think an they should go for autopsy before taking any action, I also believe his not the only one the teacher must have flogged.
Another thing is that most of us are condemning teachers flogging their children, to me its not wisdom, my parent flogged me same with my teachers and I believe it really affected my way of leaving and also prayers helped too, even the Holy Bible said ..."spare the rode and spoil the child ", bt that is not an opportunity to flog or beat a child outrageously, flog with caution, and that's why when our parents or teachers flog us they come back and talk to us and tell us sorry.
But if after the autopsy, it was order wise then justice should be served.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Some Collections Of Fascinating Photos. / Aregbesola Commissions Ilesa Government High School, Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.