Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad (7427 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / Despite Thriving Businesses, Aba Remains A Pigsty - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by exmaysn12000: 12:26am On May 26, 2022
staga:

But the cost of living abroad is insane. BTW, Nigeria is the 3rd cheapest country to live in.

I just taya for you people. What do you mean my cheapest to live, when majority of the citizens earn below the minimum wage (30,000 naira, less than 80$) in a month.

So what's the point of the 'cheap' when you can't afford the basic things of life.

Is it not better to live in a country that is 'not cheap' but you can afford the basic things of life, living off on their minimum wage and most importantly, eat 3 square meal?

You have no point.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Nobody: 2:59am On May 26, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:

I really don’t need to live there to get all these info. I have friends and colleagues over there…
Please since u haven't lived in such a place b4, u can't be in position to put up such a thread. Such THREADS should come from people who have lived in various countries across the world.

This THREAD is hereby declared "Null & Void".
It's only when a woman marries 2 husbands she can vividly tell you the one that's better.

My Friend, U can't shave a man in his absence.
Rather, u can put up a thread encouraging people to love their country irrespective of the damnation it suffers but not this at all.

Finally,
Travelling abroad is one's decision to make.
Again u may relocate & still opt 4 relocation back to Naija like a few Nigerians have done too
I don't think there's anyone who have been compelled under duress to relocate abroad.
Again, ABROAD is not for everyone.
There are certain Nigerians I wouldn't want to see come into the United States. In Fact, if I see them at the Airport I will alert the FBI through dia APP.

Please, Let's END this ABROAD ISSUE!
It depicts immaturity!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Nobody: 3:16am On May 26, 2022
exmaysn12000:

I just taya for you people. What do you mean my cheapest to live, when majority of the citizens earn below the minimum wage (30,000 naira, less than 80$) in a month.

So what's the point of the 'cheap' when you can't afford the basic things of life.

Is it not better to live in a country that is 'not cheap' but you can afford the basic things of life, living off on their minimum wage and most importantly, eat 3 square meal?

You have no point.
Most of them are just trying to console themselves. I have always said it, ABROAD is not for every Nigerian. In Fact, most of our politicians will always prefer Nigeria to Abroad but they would always prefer relocating their kids abroad for quality Life. That should settle the matter!

IF u like the way NIGERIA treats you, just like our politicians, please remain there.
Else facilitate ur plans & leave the country 4dem

4me, I will never stop assisting my relatives with routes 2 leave esp. those who have found it worthy to relocate abroad & I won't also stop assisting d ones who have vowed to remain in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Cousin9999: 3:45am On May 26, 2022
Mindlog:

What is the quality of life being enjoyed by those living in Nigeria as a result of being the 3rd cheapest country to live in?

They can get online and make American wages while paying a Nigerian cost of living.

They can find business opportunities in the problems they see in Nigeria, and become an actual millionaire far more easily than they could abroad.

Even if they can't make American wages for long, that money goes very far in Nigeria. They could create a comfortable lifestyle where they barely "need" to work.

A comfortable lifestyle is more attainable and sustainable (generally speaking) compared to other countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by klawaaa: 3:52am On May 26, 2022
In general, no well doing individual should leave the confort zone and travel abroad. Not only the politician! The big guys in the music, christdom travel abroad but based in Nigeria depict the reason some people give about insecurity. Ile ni abo si mi oko. Travelling to a foreign land to based there is not for fun! You most start afresh for sure, racisted, bad weather. Infact God would judge African leaders. We have on the best climate and natural resources on the earth.
MALIGNANTGuest:

Most of them are just trying to console themselves. I have always said it, ABROAD is not for every Nigerian. In Fact, most of our politicians will always prefer Nigeria to Abroad but they would always prefer relocating their kids abroad for quality Life. That should settle the matter!

IF u like the way NIGERIA treats you, just like our politicians, please remain there.

4me, I will never stop at assisting my relatives with routes 2 leave esp. those who have found it worthy to relocate abroad & I won't stop assisting the ones who have vowed to remain in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Nobody: 4:06am On May 26, 2022
klawaaa:
In general, no well doing individual should leave the confort zone and travel abroad. Not only the politician! The big guys in the music, christdom travel abroad but based in Nigeria depict the reason some people give about insecurity. Ile ni abo si mi oko. Travelling to a foreign land to based there is not for fun!
You most start afresh for sure, racisted, bad weather. Infact God would judge African leaders. We have on the best climate and natural resources on the earth.

You are Right!
AFRICA has got the best climate no doubt.
In Fact if given opportunity to purchase landed properties in Nigeria, I will never near Lagos.
Rather I will settle for Plateau State.
The weather is top notch.
However, we all know the predicament of that area and other areas.

Again, when I left Nigeria...
I was doing very well in my career but there was no peace of mind.
ARMED ROBBERS prepared a table b4 me.
It was an annual, sometimes bi-annual affair.
My WORK environment was littered with Insults and abuses, backbiting. I fell sick countless times.
The QUALITY OF LIFE was so poor despite earning #300k monthly then.
I relocated, met new challenges as expected and I knew I would do better if I put in same effort.
The success of a DIASPORAN largely depends on his or her country of choice & efforts thereafter.

Nigeria is just blessed with too many EVIL minds.
IF the whites had stayed longer, Dubai would have been a sister agency to Nigeria.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Mindlog: 5:54am On May 26, 2022
Cousin9999:

They can get online and make American wages while paying a Nigerian cost of living.

They can find business opportunities in the problems they see in Nigeria, and become an actual millionaire far more easily than they could abroad.

Even if they can't make American wages for long, that money goes very far in Nigeria. They could create a comfortable lifestyle where they barely "need" to work.

A comfortable lifestyle is more attainable and sustainable (generally speaking) compared to other countries.

They can, they can.....why is it not a reality and why has Nigeria remain overwhelming a country with poor people?

A comfortable lifestyle more attainable in Nigeria, as in Nigerians in Nigeria are living with access to 24hrs electricity's? Tap running 24/7 ? Being paid living wages?, Access to quality health care? Enjoy well equipped educational institutions at all levels? Not living under fear of being kidnapped? Feeding is cheaper in comparison to the minimum wage?

Let those who believe they have better chances in life in Nigeria, remain but they shouldn't diminish those who are also experiencing better chances abroad, it is not patriotism but envy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Cousin9999: 6:06am On May 26, 2022
Mindlog:

They can, they can.....why is it not a reality and why has Nigeria remain overwhelming a country with poor people?

Because there are sick oyinbos and sellout Nigerians who do as much as they can to stop progress in Nigeria (and elsewhere), so they can loot the country, exploit the people, and other depravity.

A comfortable lifestyle more attainable in Nigeria, as in Nigerians in Nigeria are living with access to 24hrs electricity's? Tap running 24/7 ? Being paid living wages?, Access to quality health care? Enjoy well equipped educational institutions at all levels? Not living under fear of being kidnapped? Feeding is cheaper in comparison to the minimum wage?

That's your reality and view. Everyone doesn't feel that way. There's guys that walk away from a middle class life abroad and move back to Nigeria. There's people who have a humble job and life, and they're okay with that.

ETA:

Let those who believe they have better chances in life in Nigeria, remain but they shouldn't diminish those who are also experiencing better chances abroad, it is not patriotism but envy.

Pointing out that people can be happy or have an easier life in Nigeria isn't an attack on anyone. It's interesting that some people feel attacked. Sure some people are jealous, but what kind of person is so viscerally angry at their own soil?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by EkelediliBuhari: 7:51am On May 26, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Please since u haven't lived in such a place b4, u can't be in position to put up such a thread. Such THREADS should come from people who have lived in various countries across the world.

This THREAD is hereby declared "Null & Void".
It's only when a woman marries 2 husbands she can vividly tell you the one that's better.

My Friend, U can't shave a man in his absence.
Rather, u can put up a thread encouraging people to love their country irrespective of the damnation it suffers but not this at all.

Finally,
Travelling abroad is one's decision to make.
Again u may relocate & still opt 4 relocation back to Naija like a few Nigerians have done too
I don't think there's anyone who have been compelled under duress to relocate abroad.
Again, ABROAD is not for everyone.
There are certain Nigerians I wouldn't want to see come into the United States. In Fact, if I see them at the Airport I will alert the FBI through dia APP.

Please, Let's END this ABROAD ISSUE!
It depicts immaturity!

I beg to disagree.

You must not travel to a place before you can make a review… all you need is objective feedback from those who have… it’s called utilization of resources
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Mindlog: 8:01am On May 26, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:

I beg to disagree.

You must not travel to a place before you can make a review… all you need is objective feedback from those who have… it’s called utilization of resources

But I hope you know that no objective feedback can substitute lived experience?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by EkelediliBuhari: 8:10am On May 26, 2022
Mindlog:

But I hope you know that no objective feedback can substitute lived experience?

Just like knowledge is transferred through generations via books and journals, I believe objective feedback can be considered a credible source as living there your self

Matter of fact when you have multiple sources you can easily filter out the bias and focus on salient points. Now this is opposed to when you live there and chose to give a self opined report which is likely to be over 70% biased.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Mayemavins: 12:50pm On May 26, 2022
Nigeria kee you there, oloriburuku

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:05pm On May 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TlumJlsB3Q

There are food shortages coming so all those of you still looking to japa to the Western world, take note.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:06pm On May 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiVI8vj45zI

Take note of what is coming to America and learn to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:08pm On May 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaUr357AIOY

And let me leave this prophetic Word from the Lord here because Yahweh will never lie.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:09pm On May 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AO2jPY3ntY

For those of you still thinking that the grass is greener on the other side, pay attention so that you don't loose guard.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:12pm On May 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD7ucEO0lZc

Learn as you watch this video Nigerians and Africans!
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:14pm On May 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxpwOmAQcw

Hear what America's president Biden is saying
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:16pm On May 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkQvBXt37iI

Let me also leave this prophetic Word from Yahweh here as well
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:26pm On May 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiFAkmRmBhQ

And the America many of you are dying to go to are still killing her citizens because of skin color. Just pray you don't end up being a victim. Africa is still the best place to be especially as a so-called Black Person. It's just unfortunate that Nigeria due to tribal and religious squabbles have gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by staga: 2:28pm On May 27, 2022
Mindlog:

What is the quality of life being enjoyed by those living in Nigeria as a result of being the 3rd cheapest country to live in?

That is the opposite side of the coin. But if you have money, and you earn at least N800,000 a month or you are in a marriage and both are pulling in at least N2m-N3m a month, your money will buy you that comfort.

Please nobody should tell me you cannot make such money. It is very doable. Only that people are not ready to get their hands dirty to engage in businesses that can pull in such money. Didn't someone on Lions Den Nigeria selling barbecue chicken say he made N40m in the previous year?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by dasparrow: 2:28pm On May 27, 2022
Read what this Black American wrote below:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Kwestionair: 7:05am On May 30, 2022
dasparrow:

And the America many of you are dying to go to are still killing her citizens because of skin color. Just pray you don't end up being a victim. Africa is still the best place to be especially as a so-called Black Person. It's just unfortunate that Nigeria due to tribal and religious squabbles have gone to the dogs.

Nigeria kills more and have killed more of her citizens too. Police, army and co have killed more citizens as boko haram has.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Favor99(m): 3:12am On Jun 04, 2022
dasparrow:
Awwww I feel sorry for her and her child. Ghana welcomes a lot of Black Americans to their country. Nigeria would have been a good option if not for the insecurity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by nnennachiji(f): 4:32am On Jun 04, 2022
dasparrow:

I don’t know why you keep pushing this narrative. If Nigeria favors you stay in Nigeria.
Nobody is being forced to travel
Migration has always been in existence since humans first walked on this earth
You are now sounding like a broken record , cheers !!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HRprof: 5:54am On Jun 04, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

4me, I will never stop assisting my relatives with routes 2 leave esp. those who have found it worthy to relocate abroad & I won't also stop assisting d ones who have vowed to remain in Nigeria

Why politicians relocate their kids abroad is because they are afraid of being kidnapped because they have kidnapping values after looting Nigeria money what do expect? Thay have to be scared of course . After all they make money in Nigeria and spend it abroad.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2022
staga:

That is the opposite side of the coin. But if you have money, and you earn at least N800,000 a month or you are in a marriage and both are pulling in at least N2m-N3m a month, your money will buy you that comfort.

Please nobody should tell me you cannot make such money. It is very doable. Only that people are not ready to get their hands dirty to engage in businesses that can pull in such money. Didn't someone on Lions Den Nigeria selling barbecue chicken say he made N40m in the previous year?

I actually had to research this to be sure. It was 40 million since the company's inception in 2017. That is revenue though what is net profit after all expenditures have been removed. He said hes looking for profit margin between 30 percent and 52 percent. So I would assume the profit margin is less than 30 percent but I will leave it at 30 percent. 30 percent of 40 million is 12 million and this is spread across 5 years so practically 3 million per year. Comes down to around 250 to 280k in profit per month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geho3ft5tFg

Thats the link to the show for anyone wondering.

Update. 30 percent is actually gross margin not net

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
dasparrow:

From our resident Nairalander who left Europe to Nigeria and later fled Nigeria for a no-name country in the Caribbeans, I find your post hypocritical.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by johnsurvive: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
[quote author=Nitasmile post=113178932][/quote]

This is fact, move round the factory you will confirm it.
May be less than 1% of the factory here pay around 7k daily.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2022
Favor99:

Awwww I feel sorry for her and her child. Ghana welcomes a lot of Black Americans to their country. Nigeria would have been a good option if not for the insecurity.

They wouldn't leave, trust me. I've read countless of twitter threads by blacks in the diaspora about the need to leave white people dominated countries due to racism and cost of living, but the places they recommend or suggest aren't dominated by fellow blacks because of the economics.

That woman wouldn't find a better job or entrepreneurial opportunities to provide a similar lifestyle she's enjoying in the US. The same thing for many people who have japa'd especially those who japa'd a long time ago. Except retirees, it'd be very hard for a young person who has a thriving career to leave Europe or North America for Africa. Namibia and Botswana are some of the safest black dominated countries globally but both have extremely high unemployment rates and small economies. South Africa, which has a bigger economy, has a high crime rate. Nigeria nko? We know how it's.

In summary, people will prioritise their livelihoods and safety over racial homogeneity (Maslow Hierarchy of Needs). Most black persons wouldn't mind living in South Korea over Nigeria or Ivory Coast due to immense economic opportunities and safety.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by hahn(m): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I actually had to research this to be sure. It was 40 million since the company's inception in 2017. That is revenue though what is net profit after all expenditures have been removed. He said hes looking for profit margin between 30 percent and 52 percent. So I would assume the profit margin is less than 30 percent but I will leave it at 30 percent. 30 percent of 40 million is 12 million and this is spread across 5 years so practically 3 million per year. Comes down to around 250 to 280k in profit per month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geho3ft5tFg

Thats the link to the show for anyone wondering.

Update. 30 percent is actually gross margin not net

Nicely done.

People don't actually calculate revenue this way.

They hear N40m and assume he makes that every day undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
hahn:

Nicely done.

People don't actually calculate revenue this way.

They hear N40m and assume he makes that every day undecided

As in eh. I mean it's not bad but it's not a very substantial amount. You might not even be able to pay rent with his profit on Lagos island or drive a nice car. It's not easy making large amounts of money in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Student Visa Applications To UK Mostly Bogus? / Get A Permanent Residence Permit To Any European Country / Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.