Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,892 members, 7,798,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

About The Coconut Water - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / About The Coconut Water (3040 Views)

Power Of Coconut Water / Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? / Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Coconut Water by duality(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2011
hi guys, i just had to bring this up hear. its about the coconut water. i noticed its been more than 16 years since i tasted the coconut (surprised?) well., i remember that i was not allowed to take the water. my older relatives said the water can make one dull. you know now, no one whants to be dull; since the whole thing is "drink and become dull" now i felt like taking the coconut yesterday, and remembered what happened years back. i brought this to the notice of a colleague and to my supprise he told me that coconut water will rather, make a dull person bright. at least that was what he was told.

now guys, have you been told such a thing before? what do you think. scientifically, does this stand? your opinions please. opinions from the trado medical gurus are also welcome.does it make one dull? and does it make the dull one bright?. other perspectives are also welcome.

now shoot!!!
Re: About The Coconut Water by hakunajay(m): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2011
Lol! Seriously, how old are you now? Hahahaha, we all know how little coconut water can be and I think the adults don't wanna share it with kids, that's why they said it makes one dull. Another case is that of eggs, we were told back then that eating eggs will make us to steal but as for the fact that coconut water makes one more intelligent, I don't know,
Re: About The Coconut Water by flexmoney(m): 3:48am On Jul 19, 2011
God help us ,from the truth of the matter you have loose a lot by not taking these for a long time .let me mention some of the good that coconut water does to me :i remember some times ago when ulcer is the order of my day it was recommend for me ,i took it early morning before i take any meal and it works like magic,making coconut milk ,Replace a bottle of soda with coconut water to boost your immune system and keep you strong and healthy.

COCONUT Water is a natural isotonic beverage filled with immune boosting vitamins and nutrients. This healthy electrolyte drink has potassium, calcium, and magnesium.

When a coconut is ripe, the water inside hardens and forms the white flesh of the coconut. Coconut water is the liquid from young unripe coconuts before this process begins.

For centuries, locals in tropical regions have been drinking coconut water to boost their immune systems and gain vitality.

This nutrient-rich beverage includes organic compounds with beneficial growth properties that can dramatically improve your health.

Coconut water contains vitamins which help stop fatigue, chloride, cytokinins, and lauric acid. Completely free of chemicals it is safe to give to children and babies.

Some pregnant women prefer drinking coconut water as a natural aid to help ease digestion problems during pregnancy. The lauric acid found in coconut water is the same as human breast milk.

Regular consumption of coconut water can naturally improve immunity, increase metabolism, alter HDL, and detoxify the body. Consistently drinking coconut water can help regulate intestinal function which is known to provide a myriad of health benefits including a clearer complexion.

The monolaurin in coconut water which acts as an antiviral monoglyceride has the ability to kill an assortment of viruses and bacteria in the body.

Coconut Water Re-hydrates and Revives
In many third world countries, it's used as a blood plasma alternative method known as the Coconut IV. Wounded soldiers in wars were revived using coconut water.

The nutrients and hydration simulates the plasma which contributes to 55% of human blood. As an isotonic and natural electrolyte beverage coconut water is a great alternative to sugary energy drinks.

Rich in calcium, this drink serves as a nutritious cholesterol free boost after workouts. Coconut water has less calories and sodium than most soft drinks or juices in the supermarket.

Coconut water is high in potassium. According to the Journal of Clinical Hypertension, individuals with high blood pressure often suffer from low levels of potassium in their diet.

Drinking coconut water regularly can significantly reduce your risk of hypertension. Cultures throughout the world that use coconut in various forms such as a beverage or health tonic have fewer diseases and ailments.How Can a Coconut Water Drink Help?
Though simple water may seem like the go-to drink for hydration, coconut water can actually provide more benefits to your body than plain water.

While coconut water provides your body with essential electrolytes like potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium, coconut water also contains other key nutrients.

These nutrients include:

Vitamins
Coconut water contains a high level of vitamin C and B vitamins. Vitamin C helps to boost immunity.

B vitamins help to boost metabolism, and keep your digestive tract moving properly.

Dietary Fiber
Coconut water also contains a healthy amount of dietary fiber. This fiber promotes your digestive tract and helps keep your digestion moving naturally and quickly through your body. This rapid digestion helps rid your body of harmful toxins.

In addition to its nutrient content, coconut water is also low in calories (just 46 per serving), fat-free and trans fat-free. Because coconut water is a naturally sweetened drink, you can also rest assured that you are not consuming harmful toxins like added, refined sugars, or preservatives.etc this is a good desert that you have miss

TWEETER YOUR LOVE NOW @
[url=http://www.whatistwitters.info[/b]]http://www.whatistwitters.info[/url]
Re: About The Coconut Water by bayosgirl(f): 3:52am On Jul 19, 2011
All I know is that coconut water has a lot of potassium, so it's good for you that way. I don't drink it very often because it's very expensive here in the states.
Re: About The Coconut Water by fmnely(m): 3:54am On Jul 19, 2011
How Can a Coconut Water Drink Help?
Though simple water may seem like the go-to drink for hydration, coconut water can actually provide more benefits to your body than plain water.

While coconut water provides your body with essential electrolytes like potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium, coconut water also contains other key nutrients.

These nutrients include:

Vitamins
Coconut water contains a high level of vitamin C and B vitamins. Vitamin C helps to boost immunity.

B vitamins help to boost metabolism, and keep your digestive tract moving properly.

Dietary Fiber
Coconut water also contains a healthy amount of dietary fiber. This fiber promotes your digestive tract and helps keep your digestion moving naturally and quickly through your body. This rapid digestion helps rid your body of harmful toxins.

In addition to its nutrient content, coconut water is also low in calories (just 46 per serving), fat-free and trans fat-free. Because coconut water is a naturally sweetened drink, you can also rest assured that you are not consuming harmful toxins like added, refined sugars, or preservatives.[url=http://www.whatistwitters.info[/quote][/b]]
http://www.whatistwitters.info
[/url]
Re: About The Coconut Water by MissyB3(f): 10:18am On Jul 19, 2011
duality:

hi guys, i just had to bring this up hear. its about the coconut water. i noticed its been more than 16 years since i tasted the coconut (surprised?) well., i remember  that i was not allowed to take the water. my older relatives said the water can make one dull. you know now, no one whants to be dull; since the whole thing is "drink and become dull" now i felt like taking the coconut yesterday, and remembered what happened years back. i brought this to the notice of a colleague and to my supprise he told me that coconut water will rather, make a dull person bright. at least that was what he was told.

now guys, have you been told such a thing before? what do you think. scientifically, does this stand? your opinions please. opinions from the  trado medical gurus are also welcome.does it make one dull? and does it make the dull one bright?. other perspectives are also welcome.

now  shoot!!!

hakunajay:

Lol! Seriously, how old are you now? Hahahaha,  we all know how little coconut water can be and I think the adults don't wanna share it with kids, that's why they said it makes one dull. Another case is that of eggs, we were told back then that eating eggs will make us to steal but as for the fact that coconut water makes one more intelligent, I don't know,

So, I wasn't the only one that was lied to, after all?!  grin
Though grown enough to understand the falsity of this claim, I still steer clear of coconut water. And, no, it neither makes one more intelligent nor dull(er).

These parents ehn!  grin

1 Like

Re: About The Coconut Water by MyJoe: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Lmao! So, I wasn't the only one lied to, after all?!  grin grin
Though grown enough to understand the falsity of these claims, I still steer clear of coconut water. And, no, it neither makes one more intelligent nor dull(er).

These parents ehn!  grin
Lol.
My sentiments exactly. I have never summoned enough courage to taste the stuff!

1 Like

Re: About The Coconut Water by Bawss1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
Coconut water makes peolpe dull? I’d quickly classify this under the ‘Eating- garri-and-mango-at-the-same-time-results-in-death’ category. All that hogwash that was fed to us when we were kids by cunning adults for their own purposes. smiley
Re: About The Coconut Water by dominique(f): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2011
funny thing is a lot of adult still believe in these myths.

1 Like

Re: About The Coconut Water by bizgirl(f): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2011
@ you make roll on the ground ooo. in fact u wan kill me with this ur thread. i can remember a lot of donts then,

1. dont seat at the door post and eat, because u wont be full.(just not to obsruct movt)
2. dont eat directly frm the pot, cos hunger will soon wire u(just not to mess up d pot)
3. when fetching water from local drinking water pot,dont look inside, if u do u will see a masqurade(meanwhile d masqurade is going to be ur own image o, this is just to ensure d water is kept clean) etc
Re: About The Coconut Water by Bawss1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2011
^
Such tales will no longer work on the current generation of youngsters. They were for a time when people had simpler minds. smiley
Re: About The Coconut Water by Andrew3(m): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2011
hahahaha we plenty ooo, even now i dey run for coconut completly, chai those cunning elders grin

1 Like

Re: About The Coconut Water by fmnely(m): 5:29am On Jul 27, 2011
Coconut Water Health Benefits

helps promote weight loss
    boost your immune system
    fight viruses
    boost poor circulation
    aids digestion by removing toxins
    boost thyroid health
    keep body at proper temperature
    carry nutrients and oxygen to cells
    help break up kidney stones
    great for liver problems such as hepatitis
    reduce urinary problems
    helps eliminate swelling in hands and feet
    good for burns
    good for hangovers

Re: About The Coconut Water by firestar(f): 5:34am On Aug 02, 2011
No such tales! And unripe coconut water is to die for. Well, at least give some to your children.
fmnely:

Coconut Water Health Benefits

helps promote weight loss
    boost your immune system
    fight viruses
    boost poor circulation
    aids digestion by removing toxins
    boost thyroid health
    keep body at proper temperature
    carry nutrients and oxygen to cells
    help break up kidney stones
    great for liver problems such as hepatitis
    reduce urinary problems
    helps eliminate swelling in hands and feet
    good for burns
    good for hangovers

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Feel Like Eating And Drink Right Now? / Rick Of Eating Pork And 13 Problems With Pork / Ijaw Delicacy Of The Niger-deltans Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.