Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? (51225 Views)

Degi: Bayelsa State APC Group Asks For Senator's Resignation From Senate / Dapo Abiodun Meets Gbenga Daniel, After His Resignation From Politics / Dino Melaye, Reno Omokri Mock Shehu Sani Over Resignation From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by tibro(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2022
Best move, if Kwankwanso refuses him ticket, there's labor party.
Best move for him,.
Even if Atiku wins PDP ticket, he will not win the general election

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by OmoEpe(m): 7:35pm On May 25, 2022
Penguin2:

That would be a masterstroke.

I pray he’s the presidential candidate

And not running mate.

An Obi/Kwankwaso ticket would be a bomb

No be BOMB na GRENADE.
Alaigbo Joseph the dreamer
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by nku5: 7:35pm On May 25, 2022
Peter Obi na star o shocked

See the thousands of people viewing this thread

2 Likes

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by kponkedenge(m): 7:35pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:
He is probably going to NNPP.

What I now don't know is who will be the VP or Presidential candidate between him and Kwakwanso.

If Kwakwanso will be the Presidential candidate & Obi VP; Then Obi is a big fool because he would have had more chance with being VP to Atiku in PDP.

If Obi will be the presidential candidate and Kwakwanso the VP; Then I like that even tho they will still lose the election. But at least he made a statement.

Only that the Kwakwanso I know will not be VP to Obi Pandora.

You don't expect him to join a party today and be immediately made the flag bearer for president, when the likes of Kwankwaso has the party under his control in Kano.

My guess would be that he would run as Kwankwaso's Vice.

Also, forget about party structure ish..... Every party started from somewhere.... It's still a long way to go before 2023 elections.... A lot can still happen before then.

But the way I see it, PDP is officially dead.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Dmacqh(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2022
Only him knows. Other thoughts are merely speculation.
I predicted such few weeks ago , when Reno and Deji were attacking him through their tweets.
Obviously they were defending their pay masters . Because I wonder if not for tribal , religious and money politics we play , how a sane person who will choose Atiku over Obi. I may be wrong though .
There’s hunger in the land .

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by erekelayewa(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2022
IPOB at work
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Zion243(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2022
Man is running from pillar to post, �
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by kponkedenge(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2022
Afamed:

Where are the structures of NNPP in Nigeria to have thought of winning Presidential election?
You joke a lot

You all keep talking about structure, forgetting that a lot can still happen between now and the general elections which is still about a year away.

Let's just see how things go.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by muykem: 7:37pm On May 25, 2022
Penguin2:
Having seen the resignation letter of Peter Obi from PDP which confirmed his exit from the party and withdrawal from the party’s presidential race, I’m tempted to question the rationale behind that decision.

I’m an ardent supporter of Peter Obi but I think that if he has truly resigned from the PDP, then he has goofed; it’s a complete faux pax for him.

Because I do not see any other platform that can possibly grant him victory in the general election.

Remaining in PDP would have guaranteed either the presidential ticket or vice presidential ticket which would have brought him closer to the presidency.

As we wait to confirm if this is fake or true, and to know Obi’s next move, I make bold to say that this decision, if confirmed, was a miscalculation.
You are not a politician. Peter Obi did the right thing after reliably get the plan of PDP. He is no longer being consider for President or VP again.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Denoh68: 7:38pm On May 25, 2022
SHUT UP MUGU
mu2sa2:
Hahaha, Peter the Pandora, the Pandora guy, son of obi, finally ends his abracadabra dance. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by OmoEpe(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:

Capital LOL.

Which political earthquake? You better wake up and stop fantasizing.

Why you wicked like dia

Allow the mumu enjoy some moments of joy in his life. Living is Biafranistan is tough and joyless. Pity him small

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by seunmsg(m): 7:40pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:

Well we wouldn’t know what is in Atiku brain.

If Peter Obi was very sure that Atiku will win the party’s ticket and pick him as running mate, he wouldn’t have left PDP. It is either he’s fully convinced that Atiku cannot win the ticket this time around or he’s very sure Atiku won’t pick him as running mate even if he picks the ticket.

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by PROPHETmichael: 7:40pm On May 25, 2022
Whoever adviced him to leave PDP is his number one enemy because his best route to presidency is via PDP. First as a VP and from there, he will take ovet the mantle of leadership.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Aliou007(m): 7:41pm On May 25, 2022
Can’t * grin
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Whether miscalculated or calculated he's the next president of Nigeria .Wherever he goes, we'll all vote him massively. We Nigerians can afford to loose this golden opportunity.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by seunmsg(m): 7:42pm On May 25, 2022
Penguin2:

The ticket will sweep the south.

And with Kwankwaso, the northwest would likely swing in their favor

This one is still hilariously delusional despite all that’s happening around him. Anyway, Na your right to dey sleep onto bicycle. Keep up the delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by DAwest7: 7:42pm On May 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Whether miscalculated or calculated he's the next president of Nigeria .Wherever he goes, we'll all vote him massively. We Nigerians can afford to loose this golden opportunity.
who is we
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Afamed: 7:42pm On May 25, 2022
kponkedenge:

You all keep talking about structure, forgetting that a lot can still happen between now and the general elections which is still about a year away.

Let's just see how things go.
You know nothing about politics. How many Senators , House of Reps, Govs, in NNPP as we speak?
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by pacificom: 7:43pm On May 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Obi is just the Bronze opportunity, while Osinbajo is the one we can refer to as the GOLDEN opportunity.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 7:43pm On May 25, 2022
He actually miscalculated, I feel he is naive and those surporters of him as given him false hope.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by kingyakos: 7:44pm On May 25, 2022
Penguin2:
Having seen the resignation letter of Peter Obi from PDP which confirmed his exit from the party and withdrawal from the party’s presidential race, I’m tempted to question the rationale behind that decision.

I’m an ardent supporter of Peter Obi but I think that if he has truly resigned from the PDP, then he has goofed; it’s a complete faux pax for him.

Because I do not see any other platform that can possibly grant him victory in the general election.

Remaining in PDP would have guaranteed either the presidential ticket or vice presidential ticket which would have brought him closer to the presidency.

As we wait to confirm if this is fake or true, and to know Obi’s next move, I make bold to say that this decision, if confirmed, was a miscalculation.

Don't vote party vote candidate

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by LegendHero(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
seunmsg:

If Peter Obi was very sure that Atiku will win the party’s ticket and pick him as running mate, he wouldn’t have left PDP. It is either he’s fully convinced that Atiku cannot win the ticket this time around or he’s very sure Atiku won’t pick him as running mate even if he picks the ticket.

Yes it’s one of the two reason. He probably know something we don’t know yet.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by kaleidoscope: 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
After reading many comments here, my conclusion is this - Nigerians are not yet tired of suffering. They know nothing other than to continue serving slave masters. Having been in chains since birth, many have chosen this as a way of life...
Good luck y'all

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Ngorbungor(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
Ebubu3:

What do you know ? He is leaving PDP without assurance of president or Vice President. Rest

What assurance are you talking about?

Obi of 2019 is different from Obi of 2022, who knows Obi in 2019? But I can tell you that 50% of the youth are root for him, now the challenge will be how many of them have PVC. But the good news is that Obi is now a reference point in Nigeria political system
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by ufotunang: 7:45pm On May 25, 2022
He does have much money... dollars, to settle delegates to Inorder to win the primaries... like Atiku and other presidential aspirants have
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Way4orward: 7:46pm On May 25, 2022

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by GloriousGbola: 7:46pm On May 25, 2022
In the words of alfa mails Peter obi brought nothing to the table

No war chest
No alliances
No voting bloc

All he brought was the same vibes and English we get from all politicians. We will fix, we have a plan..

At best of times all he could guarantee was Anambra

Thanks to ipob however the SE will have no relevance in these elections. Igbos are normally apathetic about elections. Now it is a staying alive matter

So what does Peter bring?

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by MetaPhysical: 7:47pm On May 25, 2022
The harlot don receive kickback from Atiku now. He vacated for Atiku.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Kingspin(m): 7:48pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:
He is probably going to NNPP.

What I now don't know is who will be the VP or Presidential candidate between him and Kwakwanso.

If Kwakwanso will be the Presidential candidate & Obi VP; Then Obi is a big fool because he would have had more chance with being VP to Atiku in PDP.

If Obi will be the presidential candidate and Kwakwanso the VP; Then I like that even tho they will still lose the election. But at least he made a statement.

Only that the Kwakwanso I know will not be VP to Obi Pandora.
Respect his decision,
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Ngorbungor(m): 7:49pm On May 25, 2022
PROPHETmichael:
Whoever adviced him to leave PDP is his number one enemy because his best route to presidency is via PDP. First as a VP and from there, he will take ovet the mantle of leadership.

He said his not disparate to be president QED
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by ultimate73(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Most of online supporters won't even come out on election day
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by LegendHero(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2022
maestroferddi:
if Peter Obi, Kwakwanso and heavyweight defectors from both PDP and APC come together, they can win this election.

Prior to Buhari's emergence, was it conceivable to dislodge a ruling party in Nigeria?

You better start getting used to emerging realities...

No you are not correct. Peter Obi and Kwakwanso are political lightweights and they have no structure to win a national election.

Do you know why APC defeated PDP in 2015? It is because Buhari and Tinubu that forged alliance have their structures automatically transported to the new party.

—Tinubu suddenly came with almost 6 governors to the new party and a zone with the second most highest voter turnout.

—Buhari comes with his ANPP and constant 10million voters who cut across all core Northern states. The region with the highest voter turnout.

As it stands today, both Kwakwanso and Peter Obi don’t have any state they control. They don’t have governors they can influence who are moneybags and structure bags.

Don’t tell me about social media followers, I am taking about real election and structure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by bmdmix15: 7:50pm On May 25, 2022
Penguin2:

are u voting for the party or the person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom / See What Bad Roads Are Causing In Aba (photo) / Aminu Abdulsalam Visits His Hometown, Welcomed By Kwankwasiyya Members (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.