Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race (79665 Views)

Why Peter Obi Dumped Julius Abure – Labour Party Chieftain, Tanko / Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP / Okupe: Why Atiku Defeated Saraki In PDP Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Lightorder: 4:45am On May 26, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:
Is that how he will run away when faced with challenges in a very challenging country like ours? It is clear that Peter Obi has no liver.
After visiting delegates up and down the country with paparazzi, the guy just japa. E suppose shame small fight till the end.
when you see yourself in the midst of those who are not heading to your direction, you run. He couldn’t bear the Shenanigans . Meanwhile, your people have started again. They have left good governance to pursue tribal politics as they did in 2015. You dragged in buhari because you felt Jonathan is from the East. Obi can never be poor ever. You people have started again

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by EagleNest(m): 5:03am On May 26, 2022
He shouldn't have been in PDP in the first instance.
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by HiFive: 5:06am On May 26, 2022
He dumped PDP for Labour Party.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by vodasid407: 5:24am On May 26, 2022
Hsgs

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by toujurs: 5:25am On May 26, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:
Is that how he will run away when faced with challenges in a very challenging country like ours? It is clear that Peter Obi has no liver.
After visiting delegates up and down the country with paparazzi, the guy just japa. E suppose shame small fight till the end.
It seem this forum is occupied by peasants, because i do wonder how you guys think here. Zero constructive thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by galaxy2020(m): 5:28am On May 26, 2022
Go to NNPP...... We are solidly behind you, are incoming president.

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Pocketnews: 5:31am On May 26, 2022
He should team up with kwankwaso in NNPP
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by PoliteActivist: 5:35am On May 26, 2022
Diligence:
Is Peter Obi really a Nigerian?

Typically, Nigerians swim in the mud with these politicians, but this Peter Obi is a rare breed!

I tell you, the guy is simply NOT your typical Nigerian. A rare breed indeed

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by colestephan86: 5:36am On May 26, 2022
Evidenx:
… hints of possible move to another party

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/why-i-dumped-pdp-withdrew-from-presidential-race-peter-obi
See as he chicken out, small time him go say him na man of timber and caliber,
Wike is the real man in that party.
Yes wike won't be president, but I am confident that he will retire Atiku Abubakar and saraki from the big boy role they think they are playing in the party

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Zetty177x: 5:41am On May 26, 2022
Evidenx:
No matter what,tinubu will not still be our president. He will soon join his ancestors.

This I have seen.

How can I vote for someone who brought in Buhari and took Nigeria 100 years back? Birds of d same feather...help me complete am

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by oyatainer(m): 5:44am On May 26, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:
After visiting delegates up and down the country with paparazzi, the guy just japa. E suppose shame small
fight till the end.

It seriously baffles me when this same tribe call a tribe cowards. All pointers and indications point out that Igbo are the real cowards! Ranging from approaches of Unknown Gun Men, Azikwe, Ojukwu, Namdi Kanu and all Igbos that can't endure anything but seek greener places instead of facing challenges to come out strong. Igbo are the real cowards. Face them, face them, try try, Urji Uzor Kalu resign, Peter Obi, Ekweremadu. They can never face situations like Obasanjo did, the way Abiola did, the way Adekunle did, even Namdi Kanu absconded and left his people. I am not surprised sa, their older ones too can't, hence they see opportunities in charing high for bride price so as to avoid what await them when they are old. I detest Igbo mentality. It disgusts me.

I just got to Lagos not quite long. My thought was that every Igbo in Lagos or outside East are successful until I see the paupers Igbo. They are even worse off in my areas because once they hustle but they are not making it, they can do anything to make it here. Yet, they are still not

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by baretalk: 5:45am On May 26, 2022
Good move, PDP is a sham party, filled with corrupt politicians.
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by oyatainer(m): 5:48am On May 26, 2022
Lightorder:
when you see yourself in the midst of those who are not heading to your direction, you run. He couldn’t bear the Shenanigans . Meanwhile, your people have started again. They have left good governance to pursue tribal politics as they did in 2015. You dragged in buhari because you felt Jonathan is from the East. Obi can never be poor ever. You people have started again

He is a coward. Come off the direction excuse jare. Let Igbo fight till the end and declaim the facts that they are not cowards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Paretomaster1(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2022
wallarwallar:
No reason Mr obi u just avoid open disgrace and embarrassment.. lf u are counting on social media support to win Nigeria presidency then u never ready

Naso, he wouldn't have even win the primaries...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Basher8583: 6:03am On May 26, 2022
Evidenx:
No matter what,tinubu will not still be our president. He will soon join his ancestors.

This I have seen.

Just the way Buhari has been joining his ancestors abi?

Be careful how you wish people death. It might just be your turn hommie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by kollinz1234(m): 6:22am On May 26, 2022
Gainman:
you be idiot oo. So u are comparing Naija politics to chess game. If Obi join the best party in Nigeria,he is not going to win. So u think only Ibo vote can make him win. Obi election is very easy to predict. This is common sense. For you people believing he's going to be Nigeria president is idiotic. U based your expectation on tribe. Being your tried no allow u see d future. Yoruba is d only tribe that is not trivial. That is why u see majority yorubas criticising Tinubu or Osibanjo but u will never see an Ibo man criticising his tribe man even though he's not good. In d last election,all ibos supported Atiku because an Ibo man was d vice candidate. Now all ibos supporting Obi because of tribe. It is not all d Yorubas that supported Tinubu and Osibanjo. That is what makes d Yorubas different from other tribes in Nigeria. I wonder why other tribes do say yorubas are tribal.
keep gathering "likes" if it will better your future but I don't talk with kids. Salam
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by 77up(m): 6:22am On May 26, 2022
Jostoman:
Good luck to you our incoming president
Your hope can move US white house to Aba grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by edego2up(m): 6:37am On May 26, 2022
ME I NO DEY MAKE MOUTHOOOO, MAKE UNA QUICK QUICK GO TELL PDP MAKE THEM BRING THE 100 MILLION NAIRA WAY PETER TAKE COLLECT NOMINATION FORM.THEY SHOULD SEND IT STRAIGHT TO MY ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW OR BUHARI WILL BE REMOVED FROM ASO ROCK NEXT YEAR...

Behold i have spoken!!!!
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by crackhouse(m): 6:38am On May 26, 2022
Peter Obi na wa for you oo. Hope Doyin Okupe is not the one that deceived you?
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by edego2up(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2022
ME I NO DEY MAKE MOUTHOOOO, MAKE UNA QUICK QUICK GO TELL PDP MAKE THEM BRING THE 100 MILLION NAIRA WAY PETER TAKE COLLECT NOMINATION FORM.THEY SHOULD SEND IT STRAIGHT TO MY ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW OR BUHARI WILL BE REMOVED FROM ASO ROCK NEXT YEAR...

Behold i have spoken!!!!
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Evidenx(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2022
Emola12:
bro teach me how u dey edit dis picture now
nor be me dey edit am. I dey store Dem anywhere I see for future use..lol
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by dododawa1: 6:50am On May 26, 2022
Evidenx:

This I have seen.
is a sin, wishing your fellow human death,even you hate him,REPENT.
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Emola12(m): 7:03am On May 26, 2022
Evidenx:
nor be me dey edit am. I dey store Dem anywhere I see for future use..lol
oh okay bro
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by 1880bol: 7:20am On May 26, 2022
[s]
Buckeyemedia1:
Ipobians will be ashamed, Reno Omokri will mock them more, twitter politicians, Obi for President Campaigners?
[/s]
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Evidenx(m): 7:22am On May 26, 2022
dododawa1:
is a sin, wishing your fellow human death,even you hate him,REPENT.
I only said what has been written in the spirit realm.
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by AntiBMC(m): 7:26am On May 26, 2022
duro4chang:
In other word he cannot win without Zoning?

Never said that Oga. But zoning was a way of showing that they understood that it's the East's turn to rule. But when they suddenly took it off the table, it showed they were being bias and corrupt at the same time. They've always zoned it. They zoned it to the north in 2019..why throw it open now that it's clearly the East's turn? Ur guess is as good as mine.
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by 1880maa: 7:27am On May 26, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Severe PAIN
[/s]
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Minjim: 7:28am On May 26, 2022
What if he joins a APC ?
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Minjim: 7:30am On May 26, 2022
AntiBMC:

Never said that Oga. But zoning was a way of showing that they understood that it's the East's turn to rule. But when they suddenly took it off the table, it showed they were being bias and corrupt at the same time. They've always zoned it. They zoned it to the north in 2019..why throw it open now that it's clearly the East's turn? Ur guess is as good as mine.

Gej ruined any chance of the south laying claim to zoning in Pdp. He knew he was using the term of Yar Adua but he muscled every one in Pdp because he was president now you ppl are shouting cheating.
That's just how the cookie crumbles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Cutehector(m): 7:31am On May 26, 2022
jamesy212:
There was no reason mentioned in the post. Misleading headline/clickbait
swears.
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Joe4real1988(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2022
ubaobi:
Just observe how some are celebrating this news, Then you ll understand why we always end up with bad leadership in this country. The people are the problem not the politicians.
Our youths are fuc:ked bro. Their priority is mocking and feeling more political relevant than other region/youth, not the betterment of the country.
Re: Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race by Nobody: 7:48am On May 26, 2022
AntiBMC:
Peter Obi is a very smart man. With PDP ditching zoning, the man has seen what's at play and is simply taking the next viable solution. Any party he goes to, we will gladly follow. grin

The youths are so much carried away with youthful exuberance.

What is happening in the political space is beyond youthful social media radicalism. Doyin Okupe knows with the presence of MOHAMMED HAYATU-DEEN a renowned economist and a statesman in the contest and with his silent but bold advertisements and intelligent crucial argument on Social and Economic order reforms, the Zoning cannot work.

Okupe, Ayu and Ortom never expected an intellectual and elder statesman such as Mohammed Hayatu-deen in the race. These type of men are not politicians . Makinde and Fayose have pitched tents with Wike. It is very clear to Doyin Okupe, Peter Obi cannot win the presidential primary.

Okupe knows the zoning has failed. His terms of reference has failed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Judith Amaechi Celebrates Wike's Sack By Tribunal (Photos) / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel / Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.