Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life (2077 Views)

The leopard change its spots? What Bad Habit Did Your Partner Later Stop? / I Need A Boyfriend, I Can Help You Financially - US Female Military Commander / 10 Types Of People To Avoid In This Fvucked Up Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by Dogasas: 12:49am On May 28, 2022
badboyTee:
Fvck all my family members

Thank dad
Family members don't give a damn about you. Even the rich ones. They no send at all. This life na all man for himself o.
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 28, 2022
Dogasas:

Lol if the capital no dey then prayer is meaningless.
really? What about yours?
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by wumi2017(f): 9:00pm On May 28, 2022
Na who get o, is not easy but Alhamdulillahi �
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by BigDick70inch(m): 12:45am On May 29, 2022
Medianna:

The story got me laughing. Mothers are all the same jare
My own was I did the NYSC from home. She disturb o
For that 19,8 to 33k. I did not do o

Lol.......
My mum......mounted pressures on me during my nysc........so I nearly sent most of my allawee to her so she could get more blocks for her site development......even tho she was a pensioner and was getting paid duely every month.......lol
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by donleo92(m): 5:23am On May 29, 2022
Suffering same shit.
since my final year, my parents have stopped been supportive. Infact they expect me to start bringing money. And the worst part was they got this notion from a church, that once your are done with training your child in school, you don't owe him anything again. But the same pastor has financially enriched his kids.

that's what my own parents refuses to understand

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by Yomit71(m): 5:39am On May 29, 2022
Dogasas:

My own mama was expected me to be sending her monthly stipends during NYSC sef. Lol this is someone who works with the government and on 6 figures salary . Nigerian parents and their entitlement mentality tho. I just sent her when I had and could manage for the month but if everywhere red, I simply tell her I no get one naira o say me sef never chop since morning.
This your mama get as e be, my mum won't even ask me for a penny even as I dey work now. Na me dey force things give am.
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by Yomit71(m): 5:49am On May 29, 2022
My mum is the best, single handedly train all her children to university with petty job of hers. As the first born, after I graduated about 4 years ago her motive has never been to tap from me but keep supporting me just to be the best I desire. She has sent at one time 100k, 200k and many more I can't begin to enlist here.
May God bless mum for me and give me grace to be fruitful for her.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by annayawchee: 9:32am On May 29, 2022
Lol... All I ever got was prayers..
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by SeaTrade(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2022
Well,my mom has been very supportive and still follows me up daily till date with business advice,strategy,infact we literally work together (I'd say she works remotely cos of distance.
Well,I started my business with my best friend at the time with our fees,
However,my mom has bailed me out of trouble many times ,kept me out of bankruptcy and saved me from starvation in 2019.
This happened last in 2019 sha,and I hope it'll be her last intervention/bailout in my life.
Oh ,was setting up a new office(upgraded from warehouse trading) some months back and I just see 1.5m alert,say make I add am to what I have .
Last born privileges I guess grin
Love her so much.

2 Likes

Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by Mrporanir: 10:38am On May 29, 2022
SeaTrade:
Well,my mom has been very supportive and still follows me up daily till date with business advice,strategy,infact we literally work together (I'd say she works remotely cos of distance.
Well,I started my business with my best friend at the time with our fees,
However,my mom has bailed me out of trouble many times ,kept me out of bankruptcy and saved me from starvation in 2019.
This happened last in 2019 sha,and I hope it'll be her last intervention/bailout in my life.
Oh ,was setting up a new office(upgraded from warehouse trading) some months back and I just see 1.5m alert,say make I add am to what I have .
Last born privileges I guess grin
Love her so much.

Only few parents can do what yours did. Infact they'll start telling you stories of how they hawked pure water when they were small, they didn't grow up to know their father and mother bla bla bla as if you forced them to bring you to this world. The way the African mentality is wired, they believe once they sponsor you through University then they don't have business with you again lol. Funniest thing is that 10 years down the line they'll be the one to be begging to to come and get married that they'll sponsor your marriage and they can even splash millions on it. You wan do business or was starving, they left you alone now they're telling you they'll sponsor your marriage coz they wan carry grand children for hand lol. You see Africa ehn
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by OscarJaden(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2022
Unfortunately for me i didn't experience fatherly or motherly love

Bleep my mom
She left us and my younger ones immediately when my dad died to marry his best friend....I was very young then
Well I've forgiven her already so throughout my schooling days....
It was my uncle who was training me from primary to university
At 300l he said he can't continue because his family responsibilities is much on him so i had to grind on the street day and night just to pay my tuition fee and my projects
Although i haven't gotten to where I'm suppose to be but am better than yesterday

ThankGod for street

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by NoHoper: 11:08am On May 29, 2022
From primary school through University, my dad only paid my school fees once, in JS 2, and had never bought a single textbook for me. Not that he lacked the wherewithal, just sheer wickedness towards his son. My mom had health issues so she was incapable. I saw myself through school through personal hustles and with the help of some uncles.
Funnily enough, you need to see how entitled my dad acts towards the little cash I earn now. I give him the little I can and give mom a larger chunk.
Life was tough for me, spent my entire teenage years struggling. Luckily, I got a decent job immediately after I left the uni.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by NoHoper: 11:17am On May 29, 2022
OscarJaden:
Unfortunately for me i didn't experience fatherly or motherly love

Bleep my mom
She left us and my younger ones immediately when my dad died to marry his best friend....I was very young then

Well I've forgiven her already so throughout my schooling days....
It was my uncle who was training me from primary to university
At 300l he said he can't continue because his family responsibilities is much on him so i had to grind on the street day and night just to pay my tuition fee and my projects
Although i haven't gotten to where I'm suppose to be but am better than yesterday

ThankGod for street
Brother, I feel your pain. It gets me angry when I hear people say honour your parents no matter what. Some parents deserve no respect from their children. It is pure evil to birth children only to abandon them and not help them navigate the difficult terrain of life.
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by CaptainZubi: 11:38am On May 29, 2022
rocknation62:

Talk for yourself bro

And besides who did the statistics to have concluded 95% Nigerians were supported by their parents?

What would you say to those who have no parents?

I knew a guy back in the university days, his parents still depends on him even while in school. He sends money home from the little business he runs in school.
Ok
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by KingAzubuike(f): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mrporanir:

Seriously ehn you guys are lucky. My own parents just left me alone. The most painful part is that they had and I know there was money but they just felt after University, they've already trained you enough and it's time to start on your own which to me is very wrong. I know people whose parents funded them to start up a business and today they are something. Weytin pain me pass na when my pman back then carry almost 3M go buy new motor wey he no even need. He get like 2 cars already for compound o. Lol even if na 500k e give me to start up something I would have appreciated. That's history now Sha.. we thank God for where we are now but me I know say my own children ehn, I'll keep supporting them till the make and and become very comfortable.
Dominique Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun pls frontpage this thread is FP quality
Re: Did Your Parents Assist You Financially To Start Up Life by KingAzubuike(f): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mrporanir:

Seriously ehn you guys are lucky. My own parents just left me alone. The most painful part is that they had and I know there was money but they just felt after University, they've already trained you enough and it's time to start on your own which to me is very wrong. I know people whose parents funded them to start up a business and today they are something. Weytin pain me pass na when my pman back then carry almost 3M go buy new motor wey he no even need. He get like 2 cars already for compound o. Lol even if na 500k e give me to start up something I would have appreciated. That's history now Sha.. we thank God for where we are now but me I know say my own children ehn, I'll keep supporting them till the make and and become very comfortable.
Dominique Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun pls frontpage this thread is FP quality
There's a reason the hausas will continue to dominate every corner of the money milking spots in Nigeria. They don't joke with their kids at all. Hausas no dey use their pikin play.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Be Scared??? / How Do You Tame A Lady? / Brazillian And Colombian Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.