Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us (47035 Views)

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by osejie17(m): 4:57pm On May 26, 2022
She feels tied down with the marriage and I feel her friends are the ones giving her wrong impressions. see I will advice u look a for a nanny or any of your available siblings or trusted relatives to take care of your baby. it is very very essential for you as a father to see your baby whenever u get back from work and go to work. the baby will eventually get used to u and know u as his dad. give her space when she realized that she's being insensitive towards tings I guess she will come around.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Baba40(f): 4:58pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Please and please I need mature and sensible advise.

Cc: RoyalRoy

I want this thread to be moved to the right and appropriate section. Thank you!

She doesn't Love you
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Baba40(f): 5:00pm On May 26, 2022
Kaxmytex:
If at 32, she just dey birth her first child, I guess she was forced to marry you, she had to do the biddings of her parent coz of the pressure, I'm so sorry to say this, she no love u from onset..

She fit love someone else make the pesin neva ready to settle down, na inside life, e dey apun..

Just have a one on one convo with her and ask her why she chooses to inflict u with diz kind of frustration, let her know that the picture is clear that she doesn't loves u but what baffles u is the reason she brought it to ur door steps and not other guys.

She NEVER
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by SultanOfPuna: 5:00pm On May 26, 2022
satandeterrible:

Brother, let me tell you.
Forget what everyone else might be saying here.
Your wife's case is not a case or post partum depression or whatever jargon they want to give you.
Its all lies. Stupid lies intended to manipulate you into believing that she is not conscious of the actions she has been taking.

No reasonable woman will fail to take care of her baby, depression or not. No reasonable woman will just wake up and tell you the marriage is over, depression or not.
Believe otherwise at your one peril.
I strongly put it to you that your wife is fully aware of her actions and she is fully thinking out every of her steps.

That being said, you dey eff up. You dey eff up big time. Why will you care about what other people say? That's a very unattractive, low quality from a man. Honestly, how can you give a damn about what people say about your life. Your own life?

My man, as it stands now, divorce is the best option. Divorce that lady now and start looking for a sensible girl to marry, if you're so inclined.

Even if you do not divorce her immediately, take your child away from her.
It is wickedness on your part to allow your own toddler not to receive enough attention and care at this crucial stage.
You have been wicked to that baby and you must now ammend your steps. How do you feel when you know fully well that your wife is not taking care of your infant? How do you sleep at night?
No matter the care from your in-laws, parental affection cannot be matched.
You do not expect that they'll take care of the baby the way you should have done.

I cannot even imagine that my own offspring is not beign taken care of properly by my wife, yet I abandon him/her to my in-laws to take care of. That is so low of you. So, so low. I am disgusted! How can your child be suffering neglect why you, the father, are alive? Please don't give me the bullcrap of in-laws. Unless you want to say your in laws are better human than you are.

Now is time to get over your neglect and wickedness towards your own offspring.
Take back your child now. If necessary, employ a nanny who will help you take care of the child.
But you have to make extra sacrifices. Do not abandon the child to the nanny. Take extra steps to be overly present and involved in the taking care of your own child.

This is exactly what you have to do. If you decide to take any other directly contrasting opinion from this forum, I assure you that it will most certainly not end well.
These SIMPS dive into marriage without knowledge of female psychology.

She is testing this fool to see if he is truly a man.
And he failed the test woefully

For the man to beg her to come back, has made the girl lose interest and respect for the guy.
Op wife is a strong manipulator. She is enjoying the fact that her man is willing to climb mountains to bring her back.
But she has list respect for him for begging her to come back

If Op stood his ground, and instead of begging her.
He should have clearly not React or respond to her stupid tricks and if she wants to leaves he should call parents to return his bride price. And tell them he is marrying another wife.
Carry the baby and find a nanny to help

But the main issue is that the woman married a SIMP. She just got so bored of him that she had to leave the SIMP.

Imagine a man that cares what others say about him. That is female behavior.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Segzy19: 5:05pm On May 26, 2022
Yeah! Sounds like more postpartum psychosis especially with the way you mentioned her lack of care and affection for the baby...

Please let them take her to see the psychiatrist

blaquebelle:
Being that she just gave birth, it could be postpartum depression. Have you really sat down to discuss what her problem is? She must have given you reasons at least, even what you call none tangible, you can start from there. Try and convince her to attend marriage counselling or talk to her respected religious leader if she has one. If she doesn't agree to all these, there's really no point in forcing her to stay with you. Even the attitudes she would give you might make you regret forcing her back. As for the baby, choose based on the best environment for the child. Would you really have the time to be attentive to that delicate child, is the child still being breast fed. There are many things to consider in childcare. It's not as easy as it seems, even with the presence of a nanny.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Elliot2(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2022
blaquebelle:

You kind is that time that would have obvious bipolar disorder but still convince yourself there is nothing like mental health. Copying or not, mental health issues have been existing before this generation. The only thing is that we don't have a structured accessible health system to deal with all these because the treatment is not even a big deal. Whether you believe in something or not doesn't change whether it exists so it's best to investigate any situation and rule out such issues before hand.
No just worry. Make Nigerian girls just get a hold of this term fess. Una go collect wotowoto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by JumokePrints: 5:07pm On May 26, 2022
Kpac:
Pushed out of my retirement just for your sake.
I have read your post, read between the lines and my submissions to you are not complicated.

You seem to be a passionate man, seem to be a cultural one too, a man who cherished the proper African family cultural values and glad you are. But without mincing word, its obvious and clear you have chosen a wife who is definitely lacking in these vitals. As sad as that is, as hard as you want this to work, as much as you don't want people to talk about your marriage failing.......i am sorry to let you know that is the most realistic new situation for you now.

Men are complicated, very complicated in most cases. A man is the only creature God created that will want a car that will not attract Armed robbers, a car that will not over speed, a car with high fuel economy and a car that will not cause envy in the neighborhood BUT at the same time will die to be able to buy a V12 Turbo, 800hp Sport Car with Lambo Doors. You want a very correct "African wife" who knows the value of breast feeding a baby, knows how to take absolute care of the entire home, able to train a child the proper way, be able to cook proper African dishes....However the same you will empty your savings running after a lady who pierced her nipples, had Ayamataga's nail fixed, with 6 nose rings and a 500k tik tok followers account. You go into the bathroom of these kind of ladies and the wide display of chemicals + formulas + liquid concussions + carrot + watermelon + guava + egg + everything else flavor soaps you see displayed will totally confuse you if our mother's didn't turn out as much beautiful with a just a Lux soap doing the same job.

From the days of Adam till now, a square peg will NEVER fit a round hole. We always get distracted as guys and constantly do this mistakes generation after generation.

The lady you have chosen, is beyond all doubts, not the kind for you. She is tired, exhausted and knows within herself she is not and might never be able to get to live that life that you expect. As a lady, as usual of most ladies, they are very honest with themselves. The men, the us, are usually the confused ones who are always deceiving ourselves. She cannot cope and she intends to keep everyone safe by refusing to come back to fit the round hole you have reserved for her square peg. You could go ahead and force her, bundle her back like your desperate in-laws have suggested, but it will end in either of 2 ways, she will still leave your house very violently or your baby's life may be sacrificed for your recklessness.

I am sorry but word truth doesn't have a short or long form, a full meaning or summary, an abbreviation or extension. The truth has always been the truth and in your case, you have chosen the wrong lady for a wife and she is not the one for you. Sadly.

Face the circumstance, let her be, leave her alone and take your 5 month old, innocent baby to your parent's home for proper upkeep for now. Get a very decent maid, if you can and if your parents permits, and let the maid leave with your parents to support them in the whole process of fending for that baby.

Allow the natural time for your heart to heal, face your work squarely, care for your baby the best you can and let the next 6 to 12 months decide what your next and best line of action will be.

As for your wife, in case you are wondering what becomes of her and how she will cope or whether she might still come back to beg or resume back her place as a wife.......Try to imagine a very beautiful and attractive bird caught and kept in a cage for 2 years and then one day returned back to the wild where it was captured and released from the cage. She will be perfectly and wonderfully fine.

Don't force things to go your way because of what people, neighbors and friends will say. You seem to be seriously concerned about this and that is rather unfortunate.

Cheers.

@OP....This is for you
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Kenturkey048(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2022
blazepascal:
Our parents marriage was not like this whats happening this days

Boss our fathers were men..What we have now are pussies on trousies..

Imagine a mother fucking up, some are tagging it on one post party nonsense..Even mad woman nor dey maltreat her pikin..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Traplord09: 5:07pm On May 26, 2022
GerogeI:

Which part of hormones and medical condition did you not hear, or are you just daft?

Advice yourself before you address other
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Elliot2(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

For the man to beg her to come back, has made the girl lose interest and respect for the guy.
Op wife is a strong manipulator. She is enjoying the fact that her man is willing to climb mountains to bring her back.

He should have clearly not React or respond to her stupid tricks and if she wants to leaves he should call parents to return his bride price. And tell them he is marrying another wife.

But the main issue is that the woman married a SIMP. She just got so bored of him that she had to leave the SIMP.

Simple stuff. Men have been so feminised that woman are now more masculine than they are.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Toks2008(m): 5:09pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Guy relax.

She will come back. Don't do anything like using army or anything like that... Just chill, relax yourself and act like nothing happened.

Send her messages from time to time asking after her n the baby.

If you are truly the father of that child, she will get over her present situation and come back to you.

She might be going through a mental health condition called Postpartum psychiatric disorder.(Irrational behavior after childbirth sometimes during) many ladies go tru this. But provided she hasn't benn acting rebellious prior to getting pregnant.

This is the time you should support and care for her by not heating up the situation

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Traplord09: 5:11pm On May 26, 2022
LordReed:

Na dis kine one we go hear say tomorrow "woman stabs husband during argument". Let us avoid stories that touch abeg.

Make him no advoid .....
Nxt channel go carry de matter for police department
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by after4: 5:20pm On May 26, 2022
wimen always talking nonsense. i said what i said go hug the nearest transformer

Beremx:
absolutely senseless comment. You and those who liked your comment are deluded.Google postpartum depression and know what it’s all about.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Traplord09: 5:20pm On May 26, 2022
With lot of advice here I think this man need a brain surgery

Move on ..... ...... Some people are saying this some people are say that is alright keep pushing

I can't wait for de nxt news...
She doesn't love you and you are pushing it lol
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by sapeleboi(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2022
i fear marriage pass poverting

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by satandeterrible: 5:23pm On May 26, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

100 percent.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by after4: 5:23pm On May 26, 2022
OP did something and she could not say anything even to her parents? a 32 year old woman?
are you a man or woman? because that will determine if i will continue this disscussion with you

Bestnoma:

And how did you come to the conclusion? A married woman with a 5 month old baby in love with someone else? How and when did the love affair start? There may be something the OP did and haven't realized yet.It may just be the pregnancy hormones or the stress of being a new mother.The OP needs to give the woman enough time to come to her senses.He should do nothing or say nothing for the next one year.Its either she comes back to her senses and apologizes or she will then state what the actual problem is.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by satandeterrible: 5:26pm On May 26, 2022
Elliot2:
No just worry. Make Nigerian girls just get a hold of this term fess. Una go collect wotowoto.
Iswearugud grin grin
Post Partum depression, post partum psychosis.
Very soon you go hear post partum cheating. Post partum murder. Post partum billing grin

When men fail to learn female psychology, they'll always fall prey to the everlasting victimhood of women.
Women are masterful manipulators. They'll never accept wrong doings. They always find a way to make you feel guilty for their crimes.

I pity ignorant, gullible men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Mrsserene: 5:27pm On May 26, 2022
Please give her time. Pregnancy and childbirth can be traumatising.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by jtobiora(m): 5:28pm On May 26, 2022
Go and meet a marriage counsellor. Putting your matter out here on the internet seeking for help will most likely mislead your judgement.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Exsonyaksoncons: 5:31pm On May 26, 2022
after4:
she is in love with someone else!
no kill yourself over her this is exactly what I wanted to say

And that is the summary someone has brain washed her

Move on brother
In a second alternative ask a pastor to pray for her it might be the hand of the enemies

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by efficiencie(m): 5:37pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

If your story is all there is to it then go take your baby so that whatever is wrong with her does not impact the baby. Dude don't get a nanny. Instead have your mom or any other female within your family tend to the child. Forget about what people will say, it is irrelevant. Dude I don't know how long you can endure but give this another 6 months. If she does not return to you then move on please. Next time don't be blinded by passions and end up with a demented lady!
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by peedeeasobie(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

This might be a post pregnancy stress disorder. She needs to see a psychologist
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Davesaves(m): 5:42pm On May 26, 2022
my brother the truth is, that woman is regretting getting married to you. you said she is 32 and you guys got married 2 years ago. that means she was probably 30 when you guys got married. at 30, women are very desperate for marriage. she may have married u out of desperation and she is seriously regretting her decision.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by OJURONGBE1(m): 5:44pm On May 26, 2022
blaquebelle:
Being that she just gave birth, it could be postpartum depression. Have you really sat down to discuss what her problem is? She must have given you reasons at least, even what you call none tangible, you can start from there. Try and convince her to attend marriage counselling or talk to her respected religious leader if she has one. If she doesn't agree to all these, there's really no point in forcing her to stay with you. Even the attitudes she would give you might make you regret forcing her back. As for the baby, choose based on the best environment for the child. Would you really have the time to be attentive to that delicate child, is the child still being breast fed. There are many things to consider in childcare. It's not as easy as it seems, even with the presence of a nanny.

OP said he has tried every skill in him, even asked her family members to get the wife to talk but she wouldn't.
What is this long epistle about? undecided
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by aktolly54(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why can't OP do it himself? Is he a leper or something?, undecided
he might be busy with work and been a man, the child will grow up to like 3 or 4 years before he can do the job by himself
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On May 26, 2022
aktolly54:
he might be busy with work and been a man, the child will grow up to like 3 or 4 years before he can do the job by himself
So he is too busy to raise his own kid... that is a real excuse? undecided

Oh, when the child grows up to like 4 or 4 years before OP can be less busy to raise his own child? undecided

You folks like selling yourselves some of the most ridiculous yaps. undecided
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by ECHICHE: 5:48pm On May 26, 2022
I think there is something wrong between you and your wife. Consider the following facts:

1. Ur wife is 32yrs & she must hv had serious relationship with other men before you married her.

2. Under what condition did you marry ur wife? Because women are very desperate to settle down from age 26 & above. Are there things you promised her or you claimed to be that turned out to be lie?

3. It is possible that your wife hv been maintaining secret relationship with her ex. Track her WhatsApp line to monitor all her chats. What You will see will shock you. Also Consider doing a DNA test on that child to confirm if you're the father. Take a decision if the DNA test prove otherwise.

4. Your wife didn't love you. She only married you because of what you claimed to be, or what she can get from you, but what she saw falls short of her expectation.

5. If the DNA test prove positive, and her Whatsapp chats proved no secret relationship with anyone, then seek for a professional marriage counselor, including medical examination.

Take your wife to hospital for medical examination.

Als
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by twilliamx(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

Your wife is probably suffering from postpartum depression... Just seek help for her
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Hikybaby: 5:49pm On May 26, 2022
This is likely to be postpartum depression
She needs to see a psychiatrist asap
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by aktolly54(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So he is too busy to raise his own kid... that is a real excuse? undecided

Oh, when the child grows up to like 4 or 4 years before OP can be less busy to raise his own child? undecided

You folks like selling yourselves some of the most ridiculous yaps. undecided
you can't expect a man to be taking care of 6months child by himself alone.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On May 26, 2022
aktolly54:
you can't expect a man to be taking care of 6months child by himself alone.
So men who do exactly that in other parts of the world even are what, imbe-ciles? undecided

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.todaysparent.com/family/parenting/the-science-of-how-fatherhood-transforms-you/amp/

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Should I Marry A Man With A Low Sperm Count? / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / Nigerian Couple Welcome Octuplets In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.