Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages (623 Views)

Couple’s Wedding Set Tongues Wagging Over Age Difference (video) / Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage / Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by proxillin(m): 8:45am On May 26, 2022
I was on a Facebook Group recently and someone posted the news of a 54yrs old man having traditional wedding with a 20yrs old girl.
Everyone started pouring their disdain on the post. I also critisized the girl for agreeing to marry someone as old as her father.

But from nowhere, one young guy came in and cleared our mental impediments. Ever since then, my thinking started changing. He raised some critical points which no one could counter except the usual societal moral rants “So she should marry someone as old as her father?”. These points are:

1. There is no law prohibiting such marriage especially if the girl is above 18. Below 18 amount to child sex/rape which attract jail.

2. Girls who are into such marriage are still called “married women” just like their counterparts who married their age bracket. They are also happy because they are mostly well taken care of.

3. Most men of above 50yr marry these girls as second or third wife. However, polygamy is not illegal if the second wife is not married legally. She can be married in a traditional way making the first wife the only one with marriage certificate. If polygamy is a crime, then most muslims in Nigeria should be in jail right now.

4. The only reason engaging in sexual act with girls below age 18 is a crime is because she is still growing in her body parts. A full grown man sexual organ can inflict life threatning injury on such girls’ private part.

5. Another reason engaging in sexual act with girls below age 18 is a crime is because she is still not mentally mature to make decision on her own. Therefore, she is at disadvantage negotiating for her future.

6. Not all ladies who are married to their age mates will go running on the beach with their man, singing Yemi my lover song. Just like those ones marrying old papas, they still don’t have time for those love playing moments.

You wonder why American Billionaires dating/marrying young models are not prosecuted? Its because they have not committed any crime again God or human law.

Feel free and make your life decision. Its affect you at the end not those tongues saying thrash about you. When it remains only you with your tears in the corner of your room, they won’t see you. Your happiness should be key to you.

Guys of nowadays are engaging in fuckfest competition. Having sex with multiple girls is like Trophy to them. They are out their just to fck. That’s why they take pills to go 11 rounds. And they are wasting your time with this fuckfest, don’t wait for anyone. Do what is right for yourself. Stop counting age of those men. It does not count at the end.

Remember Ned Nwoko who married that young girl is still alive and the lady has given birth and living fine. She die? She no happy?

Carry you dey go, Jehovah Carry you dey go…

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by hotwax: 3:43pm On May 26, 2022
cheesy cheesy

Everyone with his poison
Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by lordnkem000(m): 3:56pm On May 26, 2022
true talk.. i salute your wisdom
Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by proxillin(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2022
lordnkem000:
true talk.. i salute your wisdom

thanks cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 26, 2022
Okay... undecided
Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by tayo60(f): 5:28pm On May 26, 2022
Can you say this to a woman who is marrying someone younger?

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by InfinityFabric: 6:08pm On May 26, 2022
This is because post-wall women of 30 yrs+ are jealous of these young women. And the guys trained single women with no masculine presence will co-sign the nonsense too.

Those of us with sense knows the sweet spot is 18 - 24. The remaining ones can go back to the streets.

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by Omuuvwie(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2022
Nice points sha
Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by proxillin(m): 10:27pm On May 26, 2022
tayo60:
Can you say this to a woman who is marrying someone younger?

Body biology is against women. Nature has a way of balancing equations.

When a girl is between 16 and 25, she is fresh flower the whole world flock after. A guy of the same age is fraustrated with no attention.

But reverse is the case when she clocks 30. The noise and attention will fade, and thats when the boy will make money and look handsome, and girls will want him at that time.

Biology at work. The 2 genders have their time. Thats why some married men still feel like exploring more, because their wives received free dcks while they hustle.

Lets not judge anyone
Re: Addressing The Myth Of Age Difference In Relationships Or Marriages by proxillin(m): 10:28pm On May 26, 2022
Omuuvwie:
Nice points sha

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Someone Should Help Me Before I Die! / Is It A Crime For Girls To Call In A Relationship / Does MouthAction Cause Throat Cancer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.