Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:15 PM

Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork (20207 Views)

How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. / Business Or Handiwork What Should I Do? / From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by emmykk(m): 5:20pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:
Hello everyone, i need your advise about a step I’m about to take

I’m a university graduate from one of the top Federal Universities in the country, my field of study is related to agriculture and since I finished school about 6 years ago all the jobs I’ve been getting isn’t really paying enough, they are mostly farm jobs paying 30-35k at most, I’ve considered setting up myself but tbh I have no back bone and it isn’t easy.

I’m 28 and I’ll be 29 this year then I decided I’ll really need to learn a skill if I want to be relevant in the society because sooner or later I’ll start considering settling down and all.

I tried learning tech stuffs but I have to be honest to myself I’m not a tech person, I try forcing it but no be my way, it’s better to be honest with myself, I’m not the kind of person that likes sitting down staring at screens for long even my phone.

I’m a natural handy person, that’s one of the things made me go to that field of study in school(Agriculture), I learnt a bit aspect of the tech which I enjoy to an extent that is drone piloting but I don’t think that is something I should sit with.

So I’m thinking of learning an handy skill which is why I need your advise, I’m passionate about painting, infact I’m good with it and it’s all self thought but I’l don’t want to go into it full time because I’m scared of height, so I’m considering learning POP and house interior which I’ve taken a step to start learning. I

nfact I have the money to pay and I’ve gotten someone to start teaching me already, why I opt for POP is I like the job and it’s an handy work plus Real estate is booming so skill related to real estate should be a hot cake at the moment.

I’m going in full time to learn and im ready for the adventure, because to be honest with ourselves if I keep saying I will land a good paying job due to my certificate and All,.

I might just keep waiting and might not move forward and time waits for nobody.

So Nairalanders I need your advise or your opinion do you think I should take this step? , do you think I’m making the right decision?

Thank you

Go and learn how to rear chicks to maturity or how to hatch and rear fish to table size...

The pop and paint is unbefitting and a disgrace to your Education.
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by ThankGodFriday(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2022
Thanksful:

What stoped you from setting up a farm with your knowledge? undecided

He said the money
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by poweredcom(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2022
Sidon there de find work around no go learn hand work and use am de chop
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Chuksmill(m): 5:23pm On May 26, 2022
Learn to trade forex
aysuprano:

I’m a university graduate from one of the top Federal Universities in the country, my field of study is related to agriculture and since I finished school about 6 years ago all the jobs I’ve been getting isn’t really paying enough, they are mostly farm jobs paying 30-35k at most, I’ve considered setting up myself but tbh I have no back bone and it isn’t easy.

I’m 28 and I’ll be 29 this year then I decided I’ll really need to learn a skill if I want to be relevant in the society because sooner or later I’ll start considering settling down and all.

I tried learning tech stuffs but I have to be honest to myself I’m not a tech person, I try forcing it but no be my way, it’s better to be honest with myself, I’m not the kind of person that likes sitting down staring at screens for long even my phone.

I’m a natural handy person, that’s one of the things made me go to that field of study in school(Agriculture), I learnt a bit aspect of the tech which I enjoy to an extent that is drone piloting but I don’t think that is something I should sit with.

So I’m thinking of learning an handy skill which is why I need your advise, I’m passionate about painting, infact I’m good with it and it’s all self thought but I’l don’t want to go into it full time because I’m scared of height, so I’m considering learning POP and house interior which I’ve taken a step to start learning. I

nfact I have the money to pay and I’ve gotten someone to start teaching me already, why I opt for POP is I like the job and it’s an handy work plus Real estate is booming so skill related to real estate should be a hot cake at the moment.

I’m going in full time to learn and im ready for the adventure, because to be honest with ourselves if I keep saying I will land a good paying job due to my certificate and All,.

So Nairalanders I need your advise or your opinion do you think I should take this step? , do you think I’m making the right decision?

Thank you

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by ernestchykern(m): 5:26pm On May 26, 2022
Well, you've spoken impressively about what you can handle and all. It however doesn't stop you from learning other skills or starting up a business. Considering the fact that fixing pop as good as it sounds might not have frequent engagements for you, so most guys who do it have other businesses or crafts attached to it. In my opinion, tiling is not a bad idea; you can learn that too.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by ThankGodFriday(m): 5:26pm On May 26, 2022
vanunu:
Go and learn how to duplicate and repair keys.

Where can one learn it
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Nyne: 5:26pm On May 26, 2022
Ferrytech:
bro learn spamming thank me later. with the current economy of nigeria only thf rich get a good paying job except God _allh_ogun day your back

Wo, wa gbayi.
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2022
Felimax:
@ 29, you are waiting for Nairaland decision? A graduate!

This country is finished! I won't even expect this from somebody who just did SSCE.

Mehn, the guy is so indecisive it's annoying. Just jumping from one skill to another, even when he knows he isn't cut out for it... The thing dey irritating as I dey read am sef
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by lereinter(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2022
What ever vocation you learn make sure it's something you can establish in a big, packaged way

Else you will just be competing with the illiterates in the field

1 Like

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Enumerator(m): 5:36pm On May 26, 2022
I like the fact that you already know yourself which is the first step to right direction
aysuprano:

like I said earlier bro

I’m not a techy techy person

It’s not just my field
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by frozen70(f): 5:38pm On May 26, 2022
BabaIbo:

Stop being s*lly and don't support laziness...

Every one in Nigeria is going through something or the other.

I used to have that thought "people are going through a bla bla bla" before until recently. You will even notice it in my acts at some points sef if you observe well.
So forget that talk.

I am also a graduate. Although I am from a comfortable home to a good extent, but I have done hard, odd/dirty and stressful jobs Post-NYSC, I have worked on sites as a server/labourer a.k.a tim buom OR biri sope, I also worked as a teacher earning 15k and so on.
I hustled hard, and God grace found me.

My point exactly is you can't build on nothing. Before nairalanders advice him, he has to set his focus on something. Check the posts I made and you will where I asked somehow related question but las las na wetin dey my mind I do.

In life, it is either your parents make way for you or you make way for yourself, don't expect to sit somewhere without plan and expect someone going through their own challenges to give you your life plan/purpose.

Deal with it, am done with you
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Timagex(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2022
Painting is art. You might want to try your hands on photography. I was also a sketch artist before I started photography. You can Send a message...
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by 07kjb: 5:51pm On May 26, 2022
SensualMan:
To be honest I will advice u to go into poultry business.
This business is more lucrative than the pop stuff u talked about.
Poultry business is the new gold mine. My mom was into it and raking a whole lot of money b4 she joined politics. Now an aunt of mine has leveraged on my mom's contact and is making massive sales from eggs and chicken.
This is a business I will encourage Nigerian youths to go into.
Another business is bird feeds, or as u guys call it feed business. Its quite lucrative but not everyone can deal with the smell.

I highlighted the points above for u cos u have an agricultural background. Do not let it waste.

Shalom!

Tell us how much a bag of feed is now?,we are waiting
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by aysuprano(m): 5:55pm On May 26, 2022
lereinter:

What ever vocation you learn make sure it's something you can establish in a big, packaged way

Else you will just be competing with the illiterates in the field

This comment is really helpful bro

I really appreciate
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Allisgud: 6:07pm On May 26, 2022
If only we have a will thinking education minister,them suppose make secondary school handskill learning place,2 days for theory,remaining 3 days for practical,all this copying of note in class is fruitless
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by OvaSabi1(f): 6:09pm On May 26, 2022
Reading stories like this is quite sad. I just feel like encouraging the OP and motivating you to hang in there. At your age, many of our parents were married and providing for their families well. Don’t allow anyone make you feel like you are not doing enough. Please continue to be hopeful, things will get better by God’s Grace and thank you for not linking up with criminal activities.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by purehustle101(m): 6:11pm On May 26, 2022
In regards to building construction the two best skill to learn is block laying (Mason) and iron bending. From experience bro, these two skills starts up any building project till the end. And when you have exterblished contacts with engineers, jobs go boku. An average salary for a mason now is 6k per day. POP work comes with recommendation and is not a steady work. Take my advice and have peace

1 Like

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by eddieguru(m): 6:21pm On May 26, 2022
Ferrytech:
bro learn spamming thank me later. with the current economy of nigeria only thf rich get a good paying job except God _allh_ogun day your back
…bro I’m interested cool
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by vickydevoka(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:

Thank you

Learn welding, aluminium or painting n thank me later
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Komu1048(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:

Thank you

I think we are the same. I studied Agric as well, try to learn tech but that shit is not for me. Went into painting though scared of height. The truth is most of my works have been duplex and 2-storey.

Oga painting is good but forget about that self-taught of a thing. Pop is doing well and interior but if u r serious with painting u will go far. Especially if u add wall decoration, designs yakpa and naija likes outstanding and luxurious look. Money that painting will give u, I doubt if pop can give u. That interior of a thing na pure network. there is money ooo, but u can be there 3month nobody go call u, but only if u jam better luck.

Do u know a painter can command a project of over 10million. And u can get a profit of over 4m. U sef think am
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Leonardo1876(m): 6:29pm On May 26, 2022
If you truly have the passion for it, go for it.I took the same step like you back then in December,2012.
The apprenticeship took 3 solid years of my life and today I'm fulfilled.You might face challenges of you going far from home, sleeping in rough sites, getting mixed up with people below your qualification, running errands for guys at the top etc, just humble yourself and learn.
In the journey of your apprenticeship,you're likely to get tired towards the end of the year you signed with your boss,don't be tempted.
If not that you had committed yourself to someone to teach you, I would have volunteered to teach you "FREE OF CHARGE".You will get to learn modern version of Plaster of Paris, concepts that are unique& scarce to find, numerous design concept and the nitty-gritty of the job.
If you have something to ask,call or chat me via 08038177760..I do Plaster of Paris full time.I graduated and studied Urban and Regional Planning.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by benazir(m): 6:35pm On May 26, 2022
Best way to go
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Deicide: 6:41pm On May 26, 2022
People forget that first of all you need money to learn a skill. Second of all after learning the said skill you'll also need Capital to establish yourself.
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by armyofone(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2022
SensualMan:
To be honest I will advice u to go into poultry business.
This business is more lucrative than the pop stuff u talked about.
Poultry business is the new gold mine. My mom was into it and raking a whole lot of money b4 she joined politics. Now an aunt of mine has leveraged on my mom's contact and is making massive sales from eggs and chicken.
This is a business I will encourage Nigerian youths to go into.
Another business is bird feeds, or as u guys call it feed business. Its quite lucrative but not everyone can deal with the smell.

I highlighted the points above for u cos u have an agricultural background. Do not let it waste.

Shalom!

How much to start this business?
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by aysuprano(m): 6:55pm On May 26, 2022
Komu1048:

I think we are the same. I studied Agric as well, try to learn tech but that shit is not for me. Went into painting though scared of height. The truth is most of my works have been duplex and 2-storey.

Oga painting is good but forget about that self-taught of a thing. Pop is doing well and interior but if u r serious with painting u will go far. Especially if u add wall decoration, designs yakpa and naija likes outstanding and luxurious look. Money that painting will give u, I doubt if pop can give u. That interior of a thing na pure network. there is money ooo, but u can be there 3month nobody go call u, but only if u jam better luck.

Do u know a painter can command a project of over 10million. And u can get a profit of over 4m. U sef think am

Bro can I get your WhatsApp contact?
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:33pm On May 26, 2022
My name is Alamu, also called excelsiorfarm, I can understand your intention and i could teach you practical academic and vocational skills that could help you become self-reliant.

Check my topics, and you could help yourself, businesses-give-meaningful-income-flow among others.

However, i have a practical video of tiles laying that you can learn in twenty minutes, watch it and share with others, especially those ASUU has forced to be at home, it would empower them
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH-qivknTZSpBgflLS5p_3A?Sub_Confirmation=1
I WILL BE SHOWING about TWENTY AND MORE SKILLS TO EMPOWER YOUTHS FOR FREE FROM FISHERIES TO POULTRY TO ACADEMIC WRITING TO BAKING ETC. All the best
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by davidguitar20: 7:33pm On May 26, 2022
op invest in farming e.g piggery or goat on a low level,if you already have a fenced land you can still start with 200k
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Cashio(m): 7:36pm On May 26, 2022
You can learn pop, screeding and painting concurrently....they are almost same job..
As for the painting, you can opt not to climb scaffolds if you dear heights..just stick to interiors give out exteriors wen u get them..painting is one of the easiest jobs to learn
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Komu1048(m): 8:00pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:

Bro can I get your WhatsApp contact?

This is what you need. If u do, u will make money

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Komu1048(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2022
[quote author=aysuprano post=113201796]

Bro, u can go for this first, it's free. And u can use it to make up ur mind

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by ntipro: 8:06pm On May 26, 2022
I have an idea that will help you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sterling Graduate Trainee 2022 - Aptitude Test Invitation / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly / Gombe Pensioner Returns Salary Mistakenly Paid Into His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.