Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue (19789 Views)

Lagos 2023: Jandor/Funke Rally Holds In Alimosho (Pictures) / APC Committee Gets Indefinite Tenure Extension / Court Urged To Restrain Apc’s Committee Over Planned Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by etokhana: 1:44pm On May 26, 2022
The Lagos State Governorship Primary Election Committee of the All Progressives Congress, on Thursday, barred one of the aspirants from the venue of the primary at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in the Surulere area of the state, The PUNCH authoritatively reports.

Our correspondent learnt that the committee prevented one of the contenders of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha, from the venue.

Mustapha, a former Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Minerals Resources in Lagos, resigned 14 months ago and had picked up the N50m governorship form of the party.

It was gathered that the committee chaired by a former deputy governor of Borno State, Shettima Yuguda, claimed that Mustapha was not cleared by the screening committee of the party.

However, the aspirant told The PUNCH that he was in Abuja two weeks ago for the screening though the result was not announced.

He said the Secretary of the primary election committee, Bashir Mohammed, turned him back on Thursday, saying that he was not cleared and as such cannot be given accreditation access to the venue.

Mustapha said, “We were told that we were not cleared by the leadership of the party and as such, they only gave accreditation tags to those that were cleared.

“We went to Abuja for clearance two weeks ago. The results of the clearance were not communicated to us.

“We went to the APC state secretariat at Acme Road yesterday (Wednesday), we tried to get our accreditation tags but we were not given. We were there till 7am this morning before going to the venue of the primary.”

Efforts to reach Yuguda, Mohammed and another member of the committee, Tilewa Sijuade, proved abortive as of press time as calls to their lines rang out.

Also, APC chairman for Lagos, Cornelius Ojelabi, did not take his calls as of press time.

Sanwo-Olu, the anointed aspirant of APC leader, Bola Tinubu, is seeking re-election. He is in the race with Mustapha; and Wale Oluwo, a former Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources in Lagos who is also an ally of ex-governor Akinwunmi Ambode.

Mustapha had, in an interview with The PUNCH, said Lagosians deserve better than they get under Sanwo-Olu.

“After the End SARS riot, that incident broke something in me; something that was very personal and there were two ways I could go: it is either I go to the present government and told there is nothing that can be done or I say, ‘Let’s do what can be salvaged’. How can this over 70 per cent population that is alienated, angry, disconnected and that doesn’t have any stake in the economy or the way the country is being governed, how can we do something to attract them.”

He had insisted on going to the polls and noted that he won’t agree with any consensus arrangement. “Let’s go to the field and test our popularity. Nobody should be compelled into a consensus arrangement,” he said.

On why he was challenging his former boss, he said, “Because we strongly believe we have a better model that will help further accelerate the development of the state. There is a Master Plan put in place by Asiwaju (Tinubu), built on by BRF (Babatunde Raji Fashola), and built on by (Akinwunmi) Ambode. If other states are going at 3%, Lagos should be going at 9% to account for the mirage challenges in healthcare, education, energy and other sectors.

“We believe passionately that we have a better model and it that belief that is propelling us. I have some experience working for the City of New York, and understanding how the city was put together. Such model is really transmittable and we can accelerate the development of Lagos State.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-apc-committee-bars-sanwo-olus-challenger-from-primary-venue/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1653568492-1
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by sirjoggy(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2022
tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by bennybuhari: 1:49pm On May 26, 2022
Fraud. Let him contest and test his popularity

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by saintkel(m): 1:50pm On May 26, 2022
Wetin concern me......dear Peter Obi....we need u

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Jimasun: 1:55pm On May 26, 2022
He should not bother fighting them. Buhari will soon serve their leader confirmed breakfast.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Artiiclebeast: 1:59pm On May 26, 2022
Their godfather will be given the same treatment at the federal level.

Let me hear anyone of them make piiiim

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Nigerialabalaba: 2:03pm On May 26, 2022
Jimasun:
He should not bother fighting them. Buhari will soon serve their leader confirmed breakfast.
Omo Ibo calm down. I know say na hatred for tinubu put u in sifia pains.
School u no go, book u no sabi, u dey here dey constitute nuisance.
As u no read d report because u be olodo, make u read am first or ask one of your ibo boys to read am for u.

D man no even get problem with APC Lagos. Na Abuja dey say dem neva clear am so a sure say Abuja APC hq suppose sort am.

At first I even tink say na d one wey say e be ambode boy sef. I no sabi say na one tashere politician.

D main pesin , Oluwo wey be supposed Ambode boy, no even get puroblem so wetin d featherlight politician go con say be hin problem.
Make e go sort himself o. Nobody sabi am.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by DeleTaller: 2:04pm On May 26, 2022
saintkel:
Wetin concern me......dear Peter Obi....we need u

Sorry he disappointed you... Obi and Peter are already gone far.. So wake up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by triple996(m): 2:08pm On May 26, 2022
Lagos leads others follow
No shaking cheesy

ANAMBRA NO B LAGOS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by bigdammyj: 2:08pm On May 26, 2022
Following.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Truthisunique2: 2:09pm On May 26, 2022
Their drug lord oga go receive him own wotowoto on Sunday

10 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by LilyColin(f): 2:10pm On May 26, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Omo Ibo calm down. I know say na hatred for tinubu put u in sifia pains.
School u no go, book u no sabi, u dey here dey constitute nuisance.
As u no read d report because u be olodo, make u read am first or ask one of your ibo boys to read am for u.

D man no even get problem with APC Lagos. Na Abuja dey say dem neva clear am so a sure say Abuja APC hq suppose sort am.

At first I even tink say na d one wey say e be ambode boy sef. I no sabi say na one tashere politician.

D main pesin , Oluwo wey be supposed Ambode boy, no even get puroblem so wetin d featherlight politician go con say be hin problem.
Make e go sort himself o. Nobody sabi am.

Tinubu peepoo's think say na only igbos hate the useless man. Alaye ojuyobo no fit become president kill yourself. Omo ale alatenuje

23 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 26, 2022
really wished ambode contest under another party.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Keepamsafe: 2:11pm On May 26, 2022
Omo. The ball has entered my court shocked

but I don’t know what to do with it

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by lailo: 2:13pm On May 26, 2022
Probably planted in APC by Fidifi grin
Lagos politics na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by MrMcJay(m): 2:16pm On May 26, 2022
That's not fair
Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by teeste: 2:18pm On May 26, 2022
Mumu men, your boss Ambode had a slim chance in 2015 he didn't make use of it. Now you returned to that same old party you left to claim a gubernatorial seat, you no well. I was watching the Wale Oluwo guy runing his mouth on channels and arise TV, I just dey laugh. He get why Tinubu is called jagaban (not his fan though). How you wan take enter when even the venue u no fit enter. You need learn politics guys.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Nigerialabalaba: 2:19pm On May 26, 2022
LilyColin:

Tinubu peepoo's think say na only igbos hate the useless man. Alaye ojuyobo no fit become president kill yourself. Omo ale alatenuje
atohunrinwa. a mo iru yin. E ma shagolo le de porta ni las las. Aiye e pao bi oshi

8 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Nigerialabalaba: 2:22pm On May 26, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Their drug lord oga go receive him own wotowoto on Sunday
Omo Ibo, u go cry ehn grin
Just get ready to wail till 2031
U don jinx Amaechi wit ur hatred-induced badluck

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Jostoman: 2:28pm On May 26, 2022
LilyColin:

don't mind them anybody that criticize Tinubu on nairaland is Igbo
Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Adexxi(m): 2:30pm On May 26, 2022
As a matter of fact many yorubas are against Tinubu being President. You can't keep abusing us cos' of our opinion. Remember yoruba adage; [b]ilé lati keso rode[\b]
Nigerialabalaba:

atohunrinwa. a mo iru yin. E ma shagolo le de porta ni las las. Aiye e pao bi oshi

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Adexxi(m): 2:33pm On May 26, 2022
Abi ooo how could reasonable yoruba support Tinubu, someone we knew his precedent ..... Yoruba ronú oooo kiss
Nigerialabalaba:

Omo Ibo, u go cry ehn grin
Just get ready to wail till 2031
U don jinx Amaechi wit ur hatred-induced badluck
Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Nigerialabalaba: 2:34pm On May 26, 2022
Adexxi:

[s]As a matter of fact many yorubas are against Tinubu being President. You can't keep abusing us cos' of our opinion. Remember yoruba adage; [b]ilé lati keso rode[/s] [\b]
Yoruba like Pa Tewonde George abi? Shiorr.
Tinubu don dey win since 1992 and d last Governorship election for Yorubaland na his candidate Aketi na him win. Even during d lekkilies , Tokunbo Abiru still beat PDP's Gbadamosi of Twitter wella. Eni ti o ba fi owo osi juwe ile baba re, Omo ale ni!
Awon atohunrinwa lopo ju ninu won. I no be mugu o

6 Likes

Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Alawode01(m): 2:36pm On May 26, 2022
LilyColin:

if he no be,he still not your papa mate
Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by straighttalk(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2022
Okay
Re: Lagos 2023: APC Committee Bar Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha From Primary Venue by Alawode01(m): 2:40pm On May 26, 2022
This high time to be giving replying to all this Omo "Hanon"ajokuta mo mi omi,they will still need to leave Lagos go there trouble villages,where there is no respect for elders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lai Muhammed Commissioned Irrigation And Water Projects Not A Borehole / Saraki Doesn't Have Moral Principle - Lai Mohammed Blasts Senate President / FG Orders Total Closure Of Land Borders For Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.