Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,973 members, 7,799,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum (21264 Views)

NNPP-LP Alliance: Obi Or Kwankwaso Can Accept To Be Vice - Agbo Major / El-rufai Wants To Be Vice President - Arewa Youths / Tinubu Wanted To Be Vice-President To Atiku – Bucknor-Akerele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by ijustdey: 9:09pm On May 26, 2022
The Borno State governor, Babagana Zulum, has disclosed that some close associates of key presidential aspirants of the All Progressives Congress, APC, have sent him offers for the position of running mate.

Mr Zulum made the disclosure on Thursday in Maiduguri, shortly after accepting his nomination as Borno APC candidate for the 2023 governorship election.

The governor, however, explained that he turned the offers because he preferred to stay back and work drastically for the people of Borno State.

According to him, working with others to hastily rebuild Borno State is the most urgent need and it is beyond any aspiration.

“I came to the conclusion that while a chance to become Vice President could benefit my profile as an individual, becoming reelected as Governor of Borno State has the potential of more overall and more assurance of benefit to the good people of Borno State.

“I, therefore, say that while I thank those who may be considering me for the position of VP, I prefer to stay back and work drastically for the people of Borno State because for me as a citizen of Borno State, working with others to hastily rebuild Borno State is the most urgent need and it is beyond any aspiration.

“I profoundly thank everyone who thought of me worthy of any responsibility and I +pray that Allah helps us to work towards the full restoration of peace, the full recovery and growth of Borno State,” Mr Zulum explained.

The governor, however, admitted that becoming Vice President is considered attractive.

He said: “I have thought about all the powers and privileges of being VP. I can see the honour of presiding over meetings attended by Governors and ministers and the privilege of having a presidential Jet at one’s disposal.

“I can see the honour of presidential receptions within and outside Nigeria.

“However, I have asked myself, that should I get the opportunity to become VP and raise my political profile, what happens to all our ongoing works for the people of Borno State?”

Mr Zulum recalled his administration has built more than 10, 000 houses and currently more of such and reconstructing existing ones.

He added that, “for ongoing resettlement of our people, we have resettled more than 20 communities so far.

“Yet, thousands of our fellow citizens are still homeless and in desperate need of food, water and healthcare.

“We have adopted a development plan that we are already implementing.

“I have asked myself, what happens to all these plans that I am central to, which are helping to fast track our recovery in Borno State?

“Ladies and gentlemen, the killings in Kala-Balge at the weekend made me more critical and the incident seriously reminded me of the challenges that are still ahead of us in Borno State.”
https://dailynigerian.com/why-turned-offers-vice/

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Malory: 9:11pm On May 26, 2022
This competent man would have made a good president.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Massiveglory: 9:12pm On May 26, 2022
Zulum is an example of a real leader. A leader who is genuinely concerned about his people. Not these jagabantic buillion van leaders that are just after fufilling a lifelong ambition of presidency by all means.

508 Likes 61 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Gandollaar(f): 9:13pm On May 26, 2022
Does it mean after your tenure governance will stop in borno?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by ayoolataiwo(m): 9:22pm On May 26, 2022
This man has been one of the best politician we have around,,,

466 Likes 56 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by SadiqBabaSani: 9:26pm On May 26, 2022
liar

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by SadiqBabaSani: 9:26pm On May 26, 2022
Nver believe any Nigerian Politician include Atiku, Tinubu Peter Obi or Wwike

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by bookson(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2022
He may be sincere though.. the seems kind of different from the rest

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Esama: 9:58pm On May 26, 2022
Continue selling yourself with fake emotional.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by SledgeHammerer: 10:05pm On May 26, 2022
Eyaaaaaaaaa......he rejected Osinbajo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by OfficialAwol(m): 10:09pm On May 26, 2022
SledgeHammerer:
Eyaaaaaaaaa......he rejected Osinbajo

He will still accept if properly nominated.

All this one na talk

602 Likes 89 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by donpapa(m): 10:12pm On May 26, 2022
Nice one
Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by ArewaNorth: 10:32pm On May 26, 2022
Kashim Shettima of Tinubu camp and Indumi of Amaechi camp while Osinbajo might have extended his offer himself cool

Zulum is a real man, he says things from his heart not from his lips like other politicians. Truly he is accidental politician!

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by SledgeHammerer: 10:40pm On May 26, 2022
OfficialAwol:

He will still accept if properly nominated.

All this one na talk

Zulum too love him Bornu people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Ihuomanice1(f): 10:46pm On May 26, 2022
Oga stop fooling yourself..... We have seen your type couple of times
No worry, if they finally nominates you now, by then you will accept without letting us know

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Originality007: 7:39am On May 27, 2022
over hyped Governor

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:40am On May 27, 2022
Hate that I have to be the only one to point it out but the mods overslept today and the bots got here quite early

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by saintkel(m): 7:40am On May 27, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Nver believe any Nigerian Politician include Atiku, Tinubu Peter Obi or Wwike
and Tinubu with Osibande nko?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by bigdammyj: 7:40am On May 27, 2022
Okay.
Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by akpumping7720(m): 7:40am On May 27, 2022
Why naaa
Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Mokason288(m): 7:41am On May 27, 2022
What he is trying to say is that

A very good product doesn’t need adverts to sell itself

He doesn’t need to ride on anyone’s back to the top.

One day his time will come

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by hope4nigeria(m): 7:41am On May 27, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
liar
he for just say state money sweet die

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Khaysee: 7:41am On May 27, 2022
Osinbajo and amechi offer him
Politicsin Nigeria is interesting tuesday is the d day

Men clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily at wholesale low price
Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by AbdulHakeem44(m): 7:42am On May 27, 2022
Ihuomanice1:
Oga stop fooling yourself..... We have seen your type couple of times
No worry, if they finally nominates you now, by then you will accept without letting us know

The praise this man receives from all the geopolitical zone in this country is second to none. Your criticism is highly insignificant. You may now go back to ur shell

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by babyfaceafrica: 7:42am On May 27, 2022
It's better to be a governor than VP.. VP are spare tires. Unless their boss say so, they can't do anything on their own

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Zeinymira(f): 7:42am On May 27, 2022
I hope we have more dedicated leaders like Zulum

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by hopman98: 7:42am On May 27, 2022
#ZULUM2027 4 president

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by Mooh247: 7:44am On May 27, 2022
He would have been the perfect VP to Prof Osinbajo...

199 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by fasho01(m): 7:44am On May 27, 2022
Glad you have cleared the air
Re: 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum by TheOmoney(m): 7:45am On May 27, 2022
GOVERNOR GET MONEY PASS SPARE TYRE (V.P).....EVERY WISE MAN KNOW SAY IT'S BETTER TO CONTROL FULL STATE FUNDS THAN BEING AN IRRELEVANT ERRAND BOY.
EVEN SENATOR SEF... BETTER PASS VICE PRESIDENT.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State / Why I Wasn't Surprised By Akpabio's Defection -Udom Emmanuel  (PUNCH) / Dapo Abiodun Commissions Arepo-Journalists Estare Road, Links 42 Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.