Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 (1661 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Vs Nokia X5 (5.1 Plus) Speed Test & RAM Comparison (photos) / Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Apple Iphone 8 / Bluboo S8 VS Samsung Galaxy S8 Comparison And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Chuks239: 10:01pm On May 26, 2022
Greetings to u all...pls i want to buy a phone and i really want to know the good phone to buy between Galaxy s8+ nd Nokia 8.1

what's special about Samsung S series?

Can UK used Samsung phones serve me better or should i close eye nd go for new one instead? bcus I'm afraid to buy a fake or faulty uk used phone

How do i know a fake Samsung phones?
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Ajilenu: 5:05pm On May 27, 2022
Why not buy a new phone? All these London used phone comes with luck

3 Likes

Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Chuks239: 5:50pm On May 27, 2022
Tnx for ur advice, i will go for a new samsung s8+ but i read from google that it's outdated,i hope there's know problem using it as it's already outdated?
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2022
Chuks239:
Tnx for ur advice, i will go for a new samsung s8+ but i read from google that it's outdated,i hope there's know problem using it as it's already outdated?
New Samsung s8+ Where you want get am? Phone that was released in 2017
But the phone is nice sha

1 Like

Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by MarioLope(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2022
US Used S8 plus available for Sale Dual SIM
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Lessonteacher(f): 8:44pm On May 27, 2022
I won't advice you to buy a used phone, besides 2017 phone is somewhat outdated
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by 21sailor: 8:45am On May 28, 2022
MarioLope:
US Used S8 plus available for Sale Dual SIM

I think I saw u on the other thread what's the price?
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by MarioLope(m): 1:05pm On May 28, 2022
21sailor:

I think I saw u on the other thread what's the price?

Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Chuks239: 3:35pm On May 28, 2022
But i always see the brand new s8+/s9+ posted on jiji, Jumia nd Aliexpress
Benjaniblinks:

New Samsung s8+ Where you want get am? Phone that was released in 2017
But the phone is nice sha
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Chuks239: 3:38pm On May 28, 2022
Tnx i will go for new one, I just like s8+/s9+... although it's outdated but i hope it will still give the normal features nd last long as well
Lessonteacher:
I won't advice you to buy a used phone, besides 2017 phone is somewhat outdated
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Exumal: 10:32pm On May 28, 2022
Chuks239:
Tnx i will go for new one, I just like s8+/s9+... although it's outdated but i hope it will still give the normal features nd last long as well

Before you get scammed, know that s8 has been officially discontinued. The implication of the first sentence is, the manufacturer is no longer producing thile said phone officially. As a result, any sir you get will either be us used, refurbished, cloned or one stocked over a lengthy period of time (very bad for battery life).
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Chuks239: 1:48am On May 29, 2022
Alright then i will make another choice cus i hate phone with poor battery duration, maybe i go for Nokia 8.1...i really want a good phone upto 120k but don't want anything Tecno, infinix, itel, oppo etc, i want a superior phone
Exumal:

Before you get scammed, know that s8 has been officially discontinued. The implication of the first sentence is, the manufacturer is no longer producing thile said phone officially. As a result, any sir you get will either be us used, refurbished, cloned or one stocked over a lengthy period of time (very bad for battery life).
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by 21sailor: 7:09am On May 29, 2022
MarioLope:

What's the last and where are u located?
What color?
RAM/ROM??
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by 21sailor: 7:21am On May 29, 2022
Exumal:

Does this also applies to Iphones?
I want to get a phone and I really really love Samsung phones most especially the ones with curved screen.
I was thinking of getting s8+ just like the OP but with your point I don't think I could get a good Samsung phone cos my budget is less than 100k
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Scientheosopher(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2022
Chuks239:
Alright then i will make another choice cus i hate phone with poor battery duration, maybe i go for Nokia 8.1...i really want a good phone upto 120k but don't want anything Tecno, infinix, itel, oppo etc, i want a superior phone

Since you have upto ₦120K, go for Redmi Note 11. It's around ₦110K. And ensure you get the 6 RAM variants— it's essential for multitasking.
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by MarioLope(m): 11:40am On May 29, 2022
21sailor:

What's the last and where are u located?
What color?
RAM/ROM??

Let's talk on WhatsApp....on O7O3 524 59O1 located in Egbeda Lagos
Black, 64GB, 4GB RAM
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Exumal: 12:08pm On May 29, 2022
Chuks239:

My little advice is, if you will be getting old flagship, don't go below 4000 mAh battery and it shouldn't be less than 2018, should in case you want to go for less than 2018, just don't be too expectant of higher battery life. You can even keep money separate for battery.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Exumal: 12:13pm On May 29, 2022
Scientheosopher:

Since you have upto ₦120K, go for Redmi Note 11. It's around ₦110K. And ensure you get the 6 RAM variants— it's essential for multitasking.

Very good submission or you can go for the LG series, they have almost the same specs with the Samsung s series but don't have the curved screen. For your budget g8 upward or v50 self. When you have time try compare the v50 with others within that range.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Exumal: 12:21pm On May 29, 2022
21sailor:

Does this also applies to Iphones?
I want to get a phone and I really really love Samsung phones most especially the ones with curved screen.
I was thinking of getting s8+ just like the OP but with your point I don't think I could get a good Samsung phone cos my budget is less than 100k
If you really like curve edge with a decent battery life do s9 upward (due to your budget, I could have recommended S10). Lest, you forget all flagships parts are expensive. For instance, huawei p8's battery from 2015 is expensive than Huawei y9 prime; same thing with the screen.
Peradventure, you can sacrifice the curve edge, lg v50 ticks all the boxes within your price range. No other phones can contest that price and performance within that price range.
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by 21sailor: 12:37pm On May 29, 2022
Exumal:

If you really like curve edge with a decent battery life do s9 upward (due to your budget, I could have recommended S10). Lest, you forget all flagships parts are expensive. For instance, huawei p8's battery from 2015 is expensive than Huawei y9 prime; same thing with the screen.
Peradventure, you can sacrifice the curve edge, lg v50 ticks all the boxes within your price range. No other phones can contest that price and
performance within that price range.

Alright thanks.
Maybe I should just saveup and get s10 or search for other LG phones with curved screen cos I heard LG to has entered the curved screen race.
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Chuks239: 1:34pm On May 30, 2022
I really like curve edge phones, i hope the S9+ battery is okay nd can last daily
Exumal:

Peradventure, you can sacrifice the curve edge, lg v50 ticks all the boxes within your price range. No other phones can contest that price and performance within that price range.
Re: Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 by Chuks239: 1:09am On Jun 02, 2022
I rather go for s9+ than s10 because the s9+ b3 capacity is 3.5k while s10 is less...
Chuks239:
I really like curve edge phones, i hope the S9+ battery is okay nd can last daily

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Iphone XR For Sale Only In Lagos / Any Mig33 User?plz Ur Attention Is Needed / All Tecno Android Phone Thread (general)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.