Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 (46445 Views)

Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State / High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Bruno3000(m): 3:33pm On May 27, 2022
Partly because most southerners have abandon farming and hv gone into prostitution and yahoo yahoo in order to get rich quick. Simple.
Nova1988:
I still don't understand how the South has more fertile land and the north is mostly desert but it's the north that produce more foods for the nation. how?

May God help us.
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by tunapawizzy: 3:35pm On May 27, 2022
Na 1-to-1 mapping...another word for mango is hundred. 1 Mango is same as 1 hundred
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by BelovedofLord: 3:42pm On May 27, 2022
Nova1988:
I still don't understand how the South has more fertile land and the north is mostly desert but it's the north that produce more foods for the nation. how?

May God help us.

FACTS: IF THE NORTH WAS FERTILE AS YOU CLAIMED, THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY NEED FOR BRINGING THEIR COWS TO THE MIDDLE BELT & THE SOUTH, FOR PASTURE!

¤

THE MIDDLE BELT FEEDS THE NATION, NOT THE NORTH!!!

¤

WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE NORTH IS GOOD AT!!!!
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by frenzzy2(m): 3:44pm On May 27, 2022
Treasure17:

Lol. As per he bought the mangoes from jiji. grin
lols
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by FireUpNow(m): 3:54pm On May 27, 2022
Come next election una go still do mumuly vote the same people in after collecting N1000 bribe. Rubbish
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by currentflow(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2022
This mango na 50 naira for kaduna south
TheGiftedOne:
Good evening Nairalanders, I bought these 5 mangoes at the cost of #500 today at New Benin market, Benin City. I am greatly perturbed by the soaring prices of food items in the market these days. This country don your me.

For how much would you get this in your locality?
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Albert0011(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2022
Chosen44:
Exactly i bought mine at central park for ring road for 250,things 4 new benin are way cheaper,even 4 lagos street and oba market i just dey wonder....
The op is not saying the truth my dear.
That mango is not more than 200- 250 [right][/right]
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by DoctorOlasDesk: 3:58pm On May 27, 2022
Bahamas95:
Not all rural communities, dem don open eyes now.

Back then my mum buy yam, plaintain, bag of garri etc whenever she travel to the village because it was cheaper there. But now it's almost same thing with the price in the city so no need stressing herself carrying heavy load........Those market women in the village has joined yahoo.

Na. I have over 100 mango trees free here bro
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Nicepoker(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2022
Nova1988:

May God help us.
Irrigation
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 27, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
In the rural communities, these things are useless as they practically walk over them. Blame the high cost to logistics and spoilage. You also pay for the ones they don't sell that gets damaged

No one would have said It any better at the bolded. Imagine, Mango of all things?? Some people's greed and wickedness Just keep growing at a geometric rate day by day. We used to throw away a large chunk of this fruit when we were young. I don't even like It Just to start with Spitss..

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by gaddafe(m): 4:07pm On May 27, 2022
Mokason288:
Show us proof of payment

Stop coming online to rant nansense

How do you prove to us that it’s actually #500 and not #200

The guy did not lie. If it's cheaper in your area say so. I also stay in Benin and what the OP said is true. My mum also sells as well. There are some bigger ones that go for ₦200 each.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by sooperrescue(m): 4:07pm On May 27, 2022
There are mangoes and there is mango. This is the king of fruits and it is only found in Benin, Nassarawa and Benue. You can't find it in Sapele. The woman that has it in Lagos sell 7 pieces for 1000 naira. I have been eating the other species because it looks absurd. I used to buy a basket at New Benin market for 2k years ago but the Op might be right. Things are not the same concerning mangoes
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 27, 2022
Albert0011:

This OP can lie sha shocked grin
I stay in Benin city too..that mango is not more than 200 hundred.
I bought four the other day in my street for 200 naira.
It will even be more cheaper at new Benin market because they have many bulk sellers there.

Even at the Rate of N200, It Is still costly. Those Mangoes shouldn't be sold more than N100 even If diesel sales for N1000. What Is Mango? Something I have here at my backyard which I always Ignore all the time. Nonsense..
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by vickydevoka(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2022
Nova1988:

May God help us.
North Central has more fertile soil
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Nwaajasa: 4:12pm On May 27, 2022
Collinsemegreat:

Less than 200 here in Jigawa State
my friend this type of mango is not grow in northern Nigeria, it's called German mango
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 27, 2022
DARLINGTON869:
Come to my house at Ikorodu, you will eat mango ehn, your breath and sweat will be oozing mango mango.

T O DARLING

Lol exactly, I can relate. He will Pack Mangoes tire. Highest he will do after plucking the Mangoes Is Just to pack the leaves and dirts from the Mango Tree..
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by kals4luv990(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2022
seborrhic:

Your said the North doesn't produce food and I mentioned just one state that can actively feed the Nation.Aside from garri,Kebbi alone produces enough fruits,vegetables,yam,rice grain and even fish,asides cattle,that can feed Nigeria.
You people will just be behind your phones and be typing rubbish.By the way I am not from there if u want to insinuate that's my reason.
Travel and be informed of the great potentials of Nigeria.
Don't allow our curse of horrible leaders to blind you to how blessed we are and our land potentials.
we are not fighting but I just said the truth
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by kals4luv990(m): 4:17pm On May 27, 2022
Nova1988:

please use the normal map and not some made up shit
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by sylve11: 4:35pm On May 27, 2022
Treasure17:

Lol. As per he bought the mangoes from jiji. grin

Lol grin cool
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by omofranyoung(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2022
[quote author=TheGiftedOne post=113206694]Good evening Nairalanders, I bought these 5 mangoes at the cost of #500 today at New Benin market, Benin City. I am greatly perturbed by the soaring prices of food items in the market these days. This country don your me.
You are a very big lair.....

I stay in Benin, and close to new Benin market.

STOP THIS NONSENSE TALK....
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by VenumX: 4:43pm On May 27, 2022
I want someone to explain what will make a mango tree grow rotten fruits.
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Konjidam: 4:47pm On May 27, 2022
faithfull18:

Na person wey dey alive dey chop grin

Nothing do u, just pay a visit
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by determination26(m): 5:01pm On May 27, 2022
I live in Benin and all I can say is that the seller scammed you. At Irhirhi axis where we complain that things are quite expensive, I bought three of these mangoes for N200. We actually go to efehi street for cheaper foodstuff so there's no way I'll buy what you bought for N500

TheGiftedOne:
Good evening Nairalanders, I bought these 5 mangoes at the cost of #500 today at New Benin market, Benin City. I am greatly perturbed by the soaring prices of food items in the market these days. This country don your me.

Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Bbbw: 5:03pm On May 27, 2022
Really
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Usherbaba(m): 5:05pm On May 27, 2022
300 Niara
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Usherbaba(m): 5:09pm On May 27, 2022
It's cheap ,in Lagos it's 1000
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Beautygoddesss: 5:11pm On May 27, 2022
In delta its 1 for 50naira so 10 is 500naira
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Munzy14(m): 5:26pm On May 27, 2022
TheGiftedOne:

And the one in front my farm av been giving to people for free since last week..

Chai..This life sef.. cheesy Oga challenge nature by planting one mango this year...

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by mariahAngel(f): 5:38pm On May 27, 2022
Evolutionlove:

No one would have said It any better at the bolded. Imagine, Mango of all things?? Some people's greed and wickedness Just keep growing at a geometric rate day by day. We used to throw away a large chunk of this fruit when we were young. I don't even like It Just to start It Spitss..

Who doesn't like mangoes? cheesy

Abi shey you be ogbanje nii? grin grin
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by mariahAngel(f): 5:42pm On May 27, 2022
Munzy14:

And the one in front my farm av been giving to people for free since last week..

Chai..This life sef.. cheesy Oga challenge nature by planting one mango this year...

Imagine if one in every ten persons in Nigeria planted a fruit tree.
One of the ways Nigeria could be great is through agriculture.
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by promzy555(m): 5:46pm On May 27, 2022
Benin is becoming something else. Imagine Ekpoma that there is no company, to rent house there hmmm.

3 bed ( depending on d standard ) is 1 Million

2 bed = 700k - 300k
Re: High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 by Farid24224(m): 5:46pm On May 27, 2022
That's 100 Naira in Kano.. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most / Buhari Restaurant Emerges. / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.