Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,108 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic (2578 Views)

Polygamy Is Not Sinful Before God, Only Pastors Are Barred - Presbyterian Pastor / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / This Will End Fulani Killings. This Thread Is For Sons Of God Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by wis3(m): 12:16am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are entirely mistaken. It is nothing like what you assume you have in today's Christianity at all this since "Christian" scripture was not written or dictated by God Himself. instead "Christian" scripture was penned down by many different men in human languages to be comprehended by human minds in any language realiy. God's core message, as written of by the many writers is retained even though the writers are different and so also times. undecided

Also, scripture is is compendium of the thoughts and opinions of men, Satan and his demons, in addition to the Word of God, so contradictions are to be expected given this. So scripture isn't holy, like some like to pretend because they are afraid to accept the truth of it. undecided
It's still thesame thing. Same book. Different meanings, giving room to anyone and everyone to to write their versions giving it whatever meanings they deem fit.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by TenQ: 12:19am On May 27, 2022
haekymbahd:
This is false, there are translated versions in every language and in Arabic school you learn both the Arabic and it's translation in each individuals language..

Or haven't you read some portion of the Quran before did you learn Arabic...
But you insist that the translated Qur'ans are not Quran (since they are not in Arabic)

Muslims always insist that Christians cannot understand the Qur'an by reading the translations rather than the Arabi Qur'ans.

As Muslims, you are not even expected to question the Qur'an: leading you to errors of misinformation and ignorance
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by TenQ: 12:21am On May 27, 2022
wis3:
your opinion. Peace smiley
Do you speak Arabic?

Isn't it true that most Muslims don't speak Arabic language?
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On May 27, 2022
wis3:
It's still thesame thing. Same book. Different meanings, giving room to anyone and everyone to to write their versions giving it whatever meanings they deem fit.
There are no different meanings though. What is written remains intact as it is written only individuals choose to apply different interpretations to what is written based on their delusion of choice. undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by wis3(m): 12:22am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So why did the other guy claim that translating it would violate the authenticity of the message in some way? undecided
stop contradicting yourself. I said translating it other languages would only create room for error, no language would want to be seen as less and in the end, they'd be a conflict of interest.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 12:24am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So why did the other guy claim that translating it would violate the authenticity of the message in some way? undecided
Muslims beleive the Quran as a direct revelation from God meaning not even prophet Muhammad formed those words but God himself.

Arabic and English doesn't necessarily go on a one on one basis i.e A word in Arabic might have atleast 5 different meanings in English which might change the context in which the Quran was written.

Even mispronouncing diactric marks on each word can change the meaning of the word even in Arabic which will change the context of the message.

So Allah himself revealed the Quran only in 7 dialect so as to prevent humans from falling into errors as it had happened with previous religions..
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by wis3(m): 12:24am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There are no different meanings though. What is written remains intact as it is written only individuals choose to apply different interpretations to what is written based on their delusion of choice. undecided
Going by your assertion. Anyone could just decide to write the Bible and give it whatever meaning he chooses and you can't call them out for it. Because your language isn't any better than theirs.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On May 27, 2022
wis3:
stop contradicting yourself. I said translating it other languages would only create room for error, no language would want to be seen as less and in the end, they'd be a conflict of interest.
Which is pretty much the same as what I reiterated. Translating to English would create room for error .I.e. violate the message, abi no be the same thing? undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by wis3(m): 12:26am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Which is pretty much the same as what I reiterated. Translating to English would create room for error .I.e. violate the message, abi no be the same thing? undecided
If you read his first post. He was talking about the 5 daily prayers which you must compulsorily do in Arabic.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On May 27, 2022
wis3:
Going by your assertion. Anyone could just decide to write the Bible and give it whatever meaning he chooses and you can't call them out for it. Because your language isn't any better than theirs.
Huh? I don't think I follow at all. What language is mine and theirs? undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On May 27, 2022
haekymbahd:
1.Muslims beleive the Quran as a direct revelation from God meaning not even prophet Muhammad formed those words but God himself.

2. Arabic and English doesn't necessarily go on a one on one basis i.e A word in Arabic might have atleast 5 different meanings in English.

3. Even mispronouncing diactric marks on each word can change the meaning of the word even in Arabic which will change the context of the message.

4. So Allah himself revealed the Quran only in 7 dialect so as to prevent humans from falling into errors as it had happened with previous religions..
1. I am not interested in your take on Muslims obviously since we have two differing Muslim opinions right here. undecided

2. Have you looked in the English dictionary before? There are words in there with up to 8 different meanings so this feature ain't unique to Arabic language in any way or form. undecided

3. Same applies in the English language and pretty much every language out there. undecided

4. So the authenticity of Allah's message is restricted to just those 7 dialects then? undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by wis3(m): 12:34am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Huh? I don't think I follow at all. What language is mine and theirs? undecided
Something could mean God in one language and mean demon in another; there's the conflict of interest. Two languages seeing each other as better than the other which just brings further confusion. However, all of it could be avoided if we just stuck to the one and only language it originated from without altering the message.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On May 27, 2022
wis3:
1. Something could mean God in one language and mean demon in another; there's the conflict of interest.
2. Two languages seeing each other as better than the other which just brings further confusion.

3. However, all of it could be avoided if we just stuck to the one and only language it originated from without altering the message.
1. What could? undecided

2. How can two languages see each other as better than the other? Human's judge such things not languages themselves, right? undecided

3. I am sorry, but what I see here is instead a shoddy attempt at an excuse. undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 12:44am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
4. So the authenticity of Allah's message is restricted to just those 7 dialects then? undecided
The Quran was revealed only in Arabic as it was the Language the prophet understood so as to be able to teach his followers perfectly.

It is Logical to read the verses of the Quran as it was revealed so as to avoid the misinterpretation of Gods word when praying. Similar error occured during the time of the prophet when his followers were reciting the Quran differently..

But one can certainly read the Quran in different translated Language for better understanding...

The bible can't be compared to Quran as it is beleived to be written by men.. The Quran is beleived to be the direct revelation of God so it is logical not to change Gods word out of context and recite as it was revealed...

Consider the contradiction between KJV and RSV bible version if you haven't read the preface of RSV bible then go and read it.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by wis3(m): 12:48am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What could? undecided

2. How can two languages see each other as better than the other? Human's judge such things not languages themselves, right? undecided

3. I am sorry, but what I see here is instead a shoddy attempt at an excuse. undecided
Lol. What can I say. Anything goes in Christianity. That's why you have so many kinds of churches like the Anglican, catholiy, psebyterian and even the garment churches. grin
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On May 27, 2022
haekymbahd:
The Quran was revealed only in Arabic as it was the Language the prophet understood so as to be able to teach his followers perfectly.

It is Logical to read the verses of the Quran as it was revealed so as to avoid the misinterpretation of Gods word when praying. Similar error occured during the time of the prophet when his followers were reciting the Quran differently..

But one can certainly read the Quran in different translated Language for better understanding...
The question, again, is this...
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 12:54am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The question, again, is this...
More like that just to be on the safer side and avoid the falling into errors the previous religion fell into..

consider RSV and KJV also NWT (Jehovah witnesses bible) version of the bible.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On May 27, 2022
wis3:
Lol. What can I say. Anything goes in Christianity. That's why you have so many kinds of churches like the Anglican, catholiy, psebyterian and even the garment churches. grin
Contrary to what you may think, not anything goes as far as Jesus Christ and what He taught is concerned. Ofcourse, nothing stops men from choosing to live according to what is their opinions rather than what is in fact written. undecided

However, the question here is not about Christianity but about the Islamic message and whether it remains intact when translated to different languages. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On May 27, 2022
haekymbahd:
More like that just to be on the safer side and avoid the falling into errors the previous religion fell into..
So different languages are out and hence the reason why even prayers are said in Arabic, just as Op said? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 1:21am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So different languages are out and hence the reason why even prayers are said in Arabic, just as Op said? undecided
When Muslim pray 5 daily prayer they only recite the Quran so that's why it is been recited in Arabic....

If a Muslim want to say what is on his or her mind (intentions) personally when praying they mostly say it in their local dialect as not all Muslim understand Arabic perfectly but most muslims learn it just to be able to read the Quran as it was revealed but pray(say their intentions) in their local dialect..
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On May 27, 2022
haekymbahd:
When Muslim pray 5 daily prayer they only recite the Quran so that's why it is been recited in Arabic....

If a Muslim want to say what is on his or her mind (intentions) personally when praying they mostly say it in their local dialect as not all Muslim understand Arabic perfectly but most muslims learn it just to be able to read the Quran as it was revealed but pray(say their intentions) in their local dialect.
I think the statement in bold pretty much confirms what the OP said about this to begin with and we can now understand this is because of fear that the message might get lost in translation somewhere. . undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 1:35am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I think the statement in bold pretty much confirms what the OP said. undecided
Muslims prefer to recite the Quran in Arabic as it was revealed and the reason is what I have stated earlier to avoid misinterpretation as it had occured with the previous religion.

Since the 5 daily prayers involves reciting the Quran so it is done in Arabic.. whereas you can make your intentions known in your local dialect...
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 1:42am On May 27, 2022
haekymbahd:
Muslims prefer to recite the Quran in Arabic as it was revealed and the reason is what I have stated earlier to avoid misinterpretation as it had occured with the previous religion.

Since the 5 daily prayers involves reciting the Quran so it is done in Arabic.. whereas you can make your intentions known in your local dialect...
Ok undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by muykem: 5:18am On May 27, 2022
haekymbahd:

The bible can't be compared to Quran as it is beleived to be written by men.. The Quran is beleived to be the direct revelation of God so it is logical not to change Gods word out of context and recite as it was revealed...

Consider the contradiction between KJV and RSV bible version if you haven't read the preface of RSV bible then go and read it.
Oga Quaran has been translated to several, I mean uncountable languages. The borne of contention is why we can't use our own language to do the compulsory 5 times prayer.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:30am On May 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yeah, I am OK. Thanks for asking...hope you are going great too? undecided
Thanks... grin
Enjoy your wonderful self and try to limit the grin emoji pls.. undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 6:32am On May 27, 2022
muykem:
Oga Quaran has been translated to several, I mean uncountable languages. The borne of contention is why we can't use our own language to do the compulsory 5 times prayer.
I understand it has been translated to several other languages, but Muslims don't recite Quran in those other languages except Arabic because it was the Language it was revealed in so as keep it's originality intact.

So it is safe to say Arabic Quran is the original Quran because one is reciting it directly as it was revealed while the translated ones are just meant for understanding of non Arab speakers..

5 daily prayer is a programed routine that involves Muslims reciting the Quran (suratul Fatia + any other surah). It is logical that Muslims would prefer to recite the Quran in Arabic when praying to avoid misinterpretation..

Certainly Muslims do pray (say their intentions) in there local dialect because most muslims don't understand Arabic perfectly as it is not their language they mostly learn it just to be able to recite the Quran in Arabic...

If you consider the RSV, KJV and NWT versions of the bible and how they contradict you will understand the reason Muslim only recite the Quran in Arabic...
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03am On May 27, 2022
muykem:
I want to ask our Muslims brother/sister this question. Why 5 times prayers can't be translated to other languages to make more easy for everybody. I believe that God doesn't discriminate against any language.

The true God is responsible for the confusion in the world's language today {Genesis 11:1-9} to God and angels mankind is still speaking the same language it's we humans that can't decipher why we do not understand one another. Act 2:2-11
So God promised that He will surprise Satan and his demons by using His Holy Spirit to make it possible for faithful people throughout the earth to think and act as if they're speaking the same language even though their tongues differs! Zephaniah 3:9

This is what Muhammad misconstrued for the idea he brought through Islam by teaching his followers that Arabic is the language they should all use during worship to fulfill what Zephaniah said @ 3:9

But Muhammad was wrong! Because the purpose why God did what Zephaniah said is to make people throughout the world like one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} so that even though others will notice that God's own worshipers still speak in different tongues but there will be LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} permeating the gathering of some imperfect humans. This is the organization globally known today as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, even though they speak different languages because they come from different races yet they all have the same line of thought {John 17:20-23} making it possible for them to worship (render sacred service) in the same line of reasoning. 1Corinthians 1:10
They have used the Bible to resolve all their racial disparities, they have diverted all their resources into the production of food and information materials, they have erased politics and military services from their hearts and as for weapons and wars they've vowed never to think about it again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

This is what Muhammad failed to grasp that led him to introduce Islam in just one language "ARABIC" yet Muslims still engage in killing their fellow Muslims due to politics and racism.

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by TenQ: 7:19am On May 27, 2022
wis3:
Because unlike other beliefs. You can't alter or change anything about the religion hence it creates room for errors where in some faiths we have so many versions of their holy books all contradicting each other.
Just as it is impossible to invoke IFA Oracle in any other language other than Yoruba!
It is not even possible to recite Yoruba Incantations in any other language. The gods might misunderstand you ...ABI?
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by TenQ: 7:21am On May 27, 2022
wis3:
It's what we have in
today Christianity? With several versions of the Bible, same book, different meanings? And you can't even begin to talk about it because it because it becomes an argument kiss
Are you aware that there are over 40 different English translations of the Qur'an?

Are you also aware that there are up to 32 different Arabic Quran?

If you need evidence, ai can give you!
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by TenQ: 7:27am On May 27, 2022
haekymbahd:
This must be your opinion because no where in the Quran did Allah make such claim...

Most muslims pray in their local dialect but recite the Quran in Arabic..

In which languages can the 17 Rakats of the five daily prayers recited ?
4 Rakats Sunnah,
4 Rakats Fard,
2 Rakat Sunnah,
2 Rakat Nafil,
3 Witr, and
2 Rakat Nafl.

Can you recite them SOLELY in ANY other languages other than Arabic?
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 7:34am On May 27, 2022
TenQ:

Just as it is impossible to invoke IFA Oracle in any other language other than Yoruba!
It is not even possible to recite Yoruba Incantations in any other language. The gods might misunderstand you ...ABI?
As a trinitarian can you use the NWT version of the bible or not tell us the reason isn't it the same bible with KJV and which is the original version and fake between the 2 (KJV and NWT)...

1 Like

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 7:38am On May 27, 2022
TenQ:

In which languages can the 17 Rakats of the five daily prayers recited ?
4 Rakats Sunnah,
4 Rakats Fard,
2 Rakat Sunnah,
2 Rakat Nafil,
3 Witr, and
2 Rakat Nafl.

Can you recite them SOLELY in ANY other languages other than Arabic?

Muslims do recite Quran in their 5 daily prayer if christians also recite bible verses in prayer which version will you recite KJV or NWT...

Which is original and which is fake?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Pastor Says That It's O.k. If He: / The Church Of Satan, Super Stars And The Horn Sign / List Of Sweet Traditional Praise Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.