Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria (5301 Views)

My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. / Infinix Mobility Partners With Jumia, Slot To Launch Hot 5, Lite (2) (3) (4)

My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Dclique(m): 9:14am On May 27, 2022
9 days after buying a Bluegate UPS(42k) i reported that the item was defective and it even damaged my home theatre while running on the UPS batteries.

JUMIA customer care said I can't be refunded because Jumia only offers 7days warranty. Rather they will send me an address for repairs.

Now I have a damaged LG home theatre and a defective UPS. Double loss, all because i patronised Jumia Nigeria.

Hope my experience will save someone from making the same mistake.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by chinebu(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2022
I have had several bad experiences with jumia. They don't verify the authenticity of products sold in their stores. They are only interested in the shop levies. I have bought three items at different times from them and at one instance the car hoover I bought I just plugged it and the next thing is boom. Everywhere smoke and smell. I just dropped it into the dustbin straight. May looking at it you will know this is made in one of the oshodi stores.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Onyeka90210(m): 9:37am On May 27, 2022
That's why I only buy items with customers review

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Dclique(m): 10:04am On May 27, 2022
This item had positive reviews thats why i didn't mind spending so much just to get.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Dclique(m): 10:08am On May 27, 2022
chinebu:
I have had several bad experiences with jumia. They don't verify the authenticity of products sold in their stores. They are only interested in the shop levies. I have bought three items at different times from them and at one instance the car hoover I bought I just plugged it and the next thing is boom. Everywhere smoke and smell. I just dropped it into the dustbin straight. May looking at it you will know this is made in one of the oshodi stores.

Its like they are too many defective products on the platform, maybe that's the reason for the short period of warranty (7days). This way, the buyers will always bear the loss.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by MajesticKris: 10:22am On May 27, 2022
Their products are fake fake fake few originals.... I've been shopping with them since the Lockdown..

1 out of 3 items is Original the other 2 are fake..

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by 11Anonymous(m): 10:54am On May 27, 2022
I noticed they don't upload some people's review.

Just be careful what you buy from them.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Benwallt(m): 11:55am On May 27, 2022
Shopping on jumia comes with bad experience. I bought belt, the second day I used the belt the hook pulled off, I bought wristwatch it peeled off. I bought Bluetooth speaker, only one speaker works, it sounds like pangolo n it was pure china. Many other things I bought was shit. Only a set of boxers came good.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Kirkman: 11:58am On May 27, 2022
Dclique; sorry for your bad experience with Jumia Nigeria, I have also had a nasty experience with them too. In as much as we try to patronize these online stores to keep them in business sometimes it's just not worth it. Next time buy from a physical store.
Now you have a TV to fix and another UPS to buy.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by alasane: 12:38pm On May 27, 2022
bought hair clipper and packed up less than a month, what is the Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) & Consumer Protection Agency doing ?

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Bornagainolosho(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
The item I bought on jumia was so bad.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Bornagainolosho(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
Na real bad market I swear

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by tenderlaw(m): 1:58pm On May 27, 2022
I ordered 360° phone cover at a high cost. Jumia decided to send me an ordinary plastic screen guard and phone pouch. Several mails to them were unsuccessful.
I was so disappointed.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by beautyhd: 1:59pm On May 27, 2022
Online purchase is a no no for me.

Electronics for that matter, I’ll walk into an electronic shop and do my purchase with better warranty and it can easily be returned.

Crazy people have infiltrated Jumia and jiji with fake goods that the initial aim has been long defeated.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 2:08pm On May 27, 2022
I've had good experiences and had money refunded to me on 3 different occasions.
I bought a new UPS at computer village and it didn't last a month before it developed fault.
I think they have an effective conflict resolution and money refund policy.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 2:30pm On May 27, 2022
sad
Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by TOPAI7(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2022
IT IS A MATTER OF TIME, JUMIA WILL SOON FOLD UP. I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THEM EARLIER THIS YEAR.
THE BEST OPTION NOW IS TO BUY ONES PRODUCT DIRECTLY FROM A PHYSICAL STORE.

Dclique:
9 days after buying a Bluegate UPS(42k) i reported that the item was defective and it even damaged my home theatre while running on the UPS batteries.

JUMIA customer care said I can't be refunded because Jumia only offers 7days warranty. Rather they will send me an address for repairs.

Now I have a damaged LG home theatre and a defective UPS. Double loss, all because i patronised Jumia Nigeria.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Dclique(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2022
TOPAI7:
IT IS A MATTER OF TIME, JUMIA WILL SOON FOLD UP. I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THEM EARLIER THIS YEAR.
THE BEST OPTION NOW IS TO BUY ONES PRODUCT DIRECTLY FROM A PHYSICAL STORE.

I choose to buy from JUMIA to avoid issues like this. I didn't know i will later regret it.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:25pm On May 27, 2022
Ferrytech:
cheesy grin jumia na bad market .but most time i order item with spammed paypal account so i feel no lost

Agba! Order Power bank for me nah! Edakun.
Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by Ajilenu: 4:41pm On May 27, 2022
That's why buying from onsite is better. All these online dey tire person. I can only buy online from TECNO store cos they are very reputable

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by gstelly: 5:31pm On May 27, 2022
The power bank I bought from jumia drains automatically when it gets to 30%

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by ednut1(m): 7:09pm On May 27, 2022
That company should be closed lol

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by TOPAI7(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2022
Jumia used to be the preferred online store few years ago but they are now scammers.
No quality control, terrible customer care.
THEY WILL SOON FOLD UP.

Dclique:

I choose to buy from JUMIA to avoid issues like this. I didn't know i will later regret it.

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by majamajic(m): 8:27pm On May 27, 2022
I ordered foreign rice , they supply me local rice with heavy stones

I ordered indomie , instead of 40 pcs , na 38 dey inside

Since then I tear the items before I pay them , even the last perfume I bought there na fake them give me

Just as the money am using to order , e get as e dey come . So no issues , but I still enjoy some orders from them oo

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by womenareapez: 8:51pm On May 27, 2022
11Anonymous:
I noticed they don't upload some people's review.

Just be careful what you buy from them.
this is true and confirm!

Them don't upload negative reviews

Re: My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria by JohnOkolo: 8:51pm On May 27, 2022
Dclique:

I bought over 1.5 Million Naira worth of electronics and majority of them did not function well.

Will never buy bulk amount of products from Jumia anymore.

Mtn Awoof! Get Unlimited Data Upto 500gb In A Day On Mtn Pulse- 2017- / Infinix Hot 7 Specs And Price In Nigeria 2019 / Enjoy Glo Jolification Package -get 5.2gb For N100 And 10.4gb For N200