Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera (4514 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by Tikobanidi: 9:35am On May 27, 2022
My vehicle license expired in March this year and I renewed it immediately. But the vehicle insurance and road worthiness still had some weeks to expire, that made me to relax and waited till the first week of May. I renewed the vehicle insurance as planned and was given a date for computerized vehicle inspection before the road worthiness certificate could be issued. I was at the inspection station yesterday, my car was subjected to series of tests and at the end the message was "congratulations your car passed all the tests". I was directed to the admin office to collect my certificate, that was when I got the shock of my life. A document was printed out and I was like, "you guys should give me the certificate and let me go". The officer then handed the document to me and said "your car was booked last month and you need to pay the fine before you can get the certificate". I checked the document and I was fined 20k for driving with expired vehicle insurance and 20k for driving without a valid road worthiness certificate, all totaling 40k. What is this! I exclaimed. On checking the date I was booked on 19th April 2022 at 16:53. Looking back, I deduced that I must had been booked around Alausa area in Ikeja. That is the "gbese" on my neck now o!

My advise to the car users is that please don't wait until your driving license, vehicle license, road worthiness etc expire before you commence renewal process, LASG have installed cameras at strategic locations in Lagos that are tracking and monitoring all vehicles. The camera is also booking the traffic offenders as well, so take heed now.

In case you want to find out if you have been booked for traffic offence, simply visit "https://payvis.ng" and type your vehicle registration/plate number in the box and search.

3 Likes

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by Ogbodavies(m): 9:56am On May 27, 2022
more technology needed...as lag drivers no dey hear WORD

3 Likes

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by aieromon(m): 10:21am On May 27, 2022
Tikobanidi:

My advise to the car users is that please don't wait until your driving license, vehicle license, road worthiness etc expire before you commence renewal process.

Advice - Do not drive a vehicle with expired documents, period.

3 Likes

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by bonnyhope: 11:00am On May 27, 2022
Tikobanidi:
My vehicle license expired in March this year and I renewed it immediately. But the vehicle insurance and road worthiness still had some weeks to expire, that made me to relax and waited till the first week of May. I renewed the vehicle insurance as planned and was given a date for computerized vehicle inspection before the road worthiness certificate could be issued. I was at the inspection station yesterday, my car was subjected to series of tests and at the end the message was "congratulations your car passed all the tests". I was directed to the admin office to collect my certificate, that was when I got the shock of my life. A document was printed out and I was like, "you guys should give me the certificate and let me go". The officer then handed the document to me and said "your car was booked last month and you need to pay the fine before you can get the certificate". I checked the document and I was fined 20k for driving with expired vehicle insurance and 20k for driving without a valid road worthiness certificate, all totaling 40k. What is this! I exclaimed. On checking the date I was booked on 19th April 2022 at 16:53. Looking back, I deduced that I must had been booked around Alausa area in Ikeja. That is the "gbese" on my neck now o!

My advise to the car users is that please don't wait until your driving license, vehicle license, road worthiness etc expire before you commence renewal process, LASG have installed cameras at strategic locations in Lagos that are tracking and monitoring all vehicles. The camera is also booking the traffic o

ffenders as well, so take heed now.

Will this Stop LASMA from harassing people on the road?

I think they should leave the work for the camera to do
Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by bonnyhope: 11:03am On May 27, 2022
Tikobanidi:

My advise to the car users is that please don't wait until your driving license, vehicle license, road worthiness etc expire before you commence renewal process, LASG have installed cameras at strategic locations in Lagos that are tracking and monitoring all vehicles. The camera is also booking the traffic offenders as well, so take heed now.

On the 2nd thought

Can't you go to the Neigbouring state to renew your vehicle License?

1 Like

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by Tikobanidi: 11:47am On May 27, 2022
bonnyhope:

On the 2nd thought

Can't you go to the Neigbouring state to renew your vehicle License?

I understood that will only be acceptable if the vehicle does not bear Lagos state number, I don't as well know how truth is that.
Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by bonnyhope: 12:00pm On May 27, 2022
Tikobanidi:

I understood that will only be acceptable if the vehicle does not bear Lagos state number, I don't as well know how truth is that.

Supposing you change Location to another state

Won't you ever renew the License again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by Mophor: 12:32pm On May 27, 2022
Tikobanidi:

That's not true.... If you live in Kaduna and using Lagos state number plates will you drive to Lagos before you get your road worthiness??

4 Likes

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by kernniejay(m): 3:11pm On May 27, 2022
I don't know why this post has not been moved to frontage since morning. People are raising valid points here and asking important questions that need to be answered.
Mods please help do the needful. Thanks.
Lalasticlala
Marpol
Seun

1 Like

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by Tikobanidi: 3:18pm On May 27, 2022
Mophor:

That's not true.... If you live in Kaduna and using Lagos state number plates will you drive to Lagos before you get your road worthiness??

I think I was misunderstood. The message is that yes, you can get your vehicles papers in any state, but if you are leaving in Lagos you will need to obtain the papers and renew them in Lagos, otherwise the camera will still interpret that you are not having papers and book you , because the systems are not linked.
The way out is that if one registers the vehicle in another state and does the renewal in another state, you will not have the cause to go to the VIS office where your bookings will be revealed, even if the camera books you.

1 Like

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by Timagex(m): 4:13pm On May 27, 2022
Omoooo....God go provide cars for we weh never get.
Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 27, 2022
All these money that the government generated will still be looted by the same public officials and politicians.

1 Like

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by easytig(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2023
how can a state fine a citizen on top of his personal property which he bought and maintains by himself.it is all shade of wrong, Hmmm I so much miss ambode,we have high handed criminals as governor of Lagos.i pray Rhode vivour wins this election.so all this rubbish will come to an end.this nonsense doesn't even happen in the north at all,only in Lagos ,absolute power corrupts absolutely, sanwolu is a useless criminal.

1 Like

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by femionasan(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
easytig:
how can a state fine a citizen on top of his personal property which he bought and maintains by himself.it is all shade of wrong, Hmmm I so much miss ambode,we have high handed criminals as governor of Lagos.i pray Rhode vivour wins this election.so all this rubbish will come to an end.this nonsense doesn't even happen in the north at all,only in Lagos ,absolute power corrupts absolutely, sanwolu is a useless criminal.

Lmao, na under Ambode this thing start if you dont know.
Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by baconline(m): 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
Had a similar issue a month ago, car was booked 40k ,papers had expired,I just bought the car with expired documents and was moving it to Ibadan when this happened,the original owner got a text to go pay 40k . Car is no more in Lagos and I have renewed all the documents in ibadan

1 Like

Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by chccho(m): 5:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
Tikobanidi:

In case you want to find out if you have been booked for traffic offence, simply visit "https://payvis.ng" and type your vehicle registration/plate number in the box and search.
And I haven't done my VIS inspection since last year till now I no get road worthiness certificate.
Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by ospreywin(m): 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2023
chccho:

And I haven't done my VIS inspection since last year till now I no get road worthiness certificate.

Why
Re: How My Car Was Booked By The LASG VIS Camera by kernniejay(m): 1:06am On Mar 18, 2023
chccho:

I wonder how much your fine could have reached by the time you want to renew the certificate.

(1) (Reply)

Electric Or Manual Carburetor / Pls How Much Would Replace A Deployed Airbag On Honda Accord Babyboy!!! / ABS: Nigerian Interpretation And Misuse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.