Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili (19889 Views)

Tonye Cole And Dakuku Peterside Visit Abdullahi Umar Ganduje / No ₦6 Billion Judgment Against Dakuku Peterside — Legal Team / Governor Wike & Dakuku Peterside Meet In Okrika (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by maasoap(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2022
boladale123:

Because you are there?
Make Cho Cho choo no take you go where you don't want to go.
Learn to read and mind your business.

He is right, the judges were personally involved, he insulted. But this judgment is laughable
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by PapaFejiro: 6:04pm On May 27, 2022
Call a press conference and say this with your full chest. Dont be cowering behind Nairaland.
gaby:
Ah ah...

Na which kind judgement be this, how and wetin the guy wan take pay the damages?

Peter V. Peter.

Our court system is one of the major problems bedevilling us as a nation.

The day we can get it right with the judiciary, a foundation would have been built upon which every other block/concrete of progress can be placed one at a time for a truly developing and to-be prosperous nation.

This judgement was obviously influenced and hatched by the plaintiff's wife right from the lower courts up to the Supreme court and supported by all the presiding judges who sided with her by taking the defendant's comments as an insult to them all and their profession.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by PapaFejiro: 6:07pm On May 27, 2022
I have Google play US 10$ how much you go pay am it?
IntegrityMatter:
Buying & Selling Bitcoin at affordable rates

I also buy Gift cards such as

* APPLE/ ITUNES

* SEPHORA

* AMAZON

* EBAY

* GOOGLE PLAY

* RAZER GOLD

* AMEX / VISA

And lots more

We are trustworthy & reliable
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by basadenet: 6:21pm On May 27, 2022
gaby:
Ah ah...

Na which kind judgement be this, how and wetin the guy wan take pay the damages?

Peter V. Peter.

Our court system is one of the major problems bedevilling us as a nation.

The day we can get it right with the judiciary, a foundation would have been built upon which every other block/concrete of progress can be placed one at a time for a truly developing and to-be prosperous nation.

This judgement was obviously influenced and hatched by the plaintiff's wife right from the lower courts up to the Supreme court and supported by all the presiding judges who sided with her by taking the defendant's comments as an insult to them all and their profession.
Can you proof the that peter odili's wife influence the court decision? You better becareful so that they don't charge you too for defamation of character.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by IntegrityMatter(f): 6:40pm On May 27, 2022
PapaFejiro:
I have Google play US 10$ how much you go pay am it?

Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by BlackFlamefromP: 7:16pm On May 27, 2022
N6 billion! The courts wicked sha. They could not even reduce the money to at least N2 million. Hope the poor man will not go and commit suicide o.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by goody2019: 7:39pm On May 27, 2022
VERY HARSH VERDICT.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by IDIOTmoderators: 8:00pm On May 27, 2022
TheTrueSeeker2:

That's why you are what you call yourself.
What do you call yourself you idiot?
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by IDIOTmoderators: 8:02pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

She is not a Saint, none of them is.

What I am saying is that:
Not every judgement that goes one way has her imprint.
Yes I agree but don't trust her with any case that has to do with Rivers State.
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by wingmanIII: 8:05pm On May 27, 2022
Tareq1105:

But why would a Court give a judgement that cannot be enforced?

#6b?

You want him dead? Death sentence is better. Instead of giving a reasonable fine like #20m or #50m maximum.

Where do they expect him to get that kind of money? Even if I have it, I will never give it. I prefer to go to jail if there's jail term for such.

Our judges should hand over judgements that are enforceable.

He should go to jail then
Re: Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili by fergie001: 8:08pm On May 27, 2022
IDIOTmoderators:

Yes I agree but don't trust her with any case that has to do with Rivers State.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Mulls Handing Over IPPIS, TSA To Galaxy Backbone / Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment / FG Under Fire Over Sacked Director-turned-permsec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.