Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail (18317 Views)

I May Lose My Leg - Maina Begs Court For Bail / Sowore, Others Arrive Abuja Court For Bail Hearing (Photos) / EFCC opposes Orji Kalu's plea for bail after conviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by God1000(m): 1:32pm On May 27, 2022
A Federal High Court, Abuja, on Friday, refused to admit Sen. Rocha’s Okorocha, who is currently at the EFCC’s custody, to a bail.

Justice Inyang Ekwo, instead, ordered Okorocha, through his lawyer, Ola Olanipekun, SAN, to put the anti-graft agency on notice.

The News Agency of Nigeria !NAN) reports that Olanipekun had, in an ex-parte motion marked FHC/ABJ/CR/28/2022, prayed the court to grant Okorocha bail on liberal terms pending the hearing and determination of motion on notice filed on May 25.

The ex-parte motion was dated and filed May 26.

But Justice Ekwo held that since the matter would be coming up on Monday, May 30, making an order for the release of the lawmaker on bail would be unnecessary

The senior lawyer also hinted that he had also filed a motion on notice, seeking for his client’s bail.

The judge, who fixed May 30 for the hearing of the motions, directed the lawyer to put the EFCC on notice

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/alleged-fraud-court-rejects-okorochas-bail-plea/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiv0tut1f_3AhWki_0HHWERCVAQ0PADKAB6BAgDEAE&usg=AOvVaw27JyMIsmkWB1rVTAnlAqOG

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by God1000(m): 1:33pm On May 27, 2022
Okorocha is in serious hot water

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by God1000(m): 1:39pm On May 27, 2022
TundeDes:
Rochas for president shocked
lol, president of which country? cheesy That's a pipedream bro

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by cosmatika(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2022
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by philo04(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2022
Hahaha
Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Honourable1901(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2022
You must vomit that money anofia

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by EBEk101(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2022
Baba bring out the yam before u go

10 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by dynicks(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2022
Very good!!.....

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by kenedy175(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2022
All those that helped impose this fraudulent and calamity of a government upon us must pay. I just hope the hand of the law reaches all of them irrespective of tribe and religion.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by humberjade: 1:42pm On May 27, 2022
I know this man is a big political thief, but who did he offend that is frustrating his life like this? It is not as if he's a threat to anyone's ambition at any worthy level. The man can't even win a Governorship election in his state even if the constitution permits him to run.

32 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Btruth: 1:42pm On May 27, 2022
......but why?
Why do they leave it to the last minutes to wicked this man? And yet, he thinks he knows all the people with him in the same party (APC)?

lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by topoftheworld(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2022
From prison to president.
This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Mopolchi: 1:43pm On May 27, 2022
Okoroawusa go hear ween for jail and he go chop water water beans angry

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by pobosky20(m): 1:43pm On May 27, 2022
And he claimed there was no warrant for his arrest. See problem

2 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by lloydtruth: 1:44pm On May 27, 2022
Serves him right.

Despite quoting Koran and speaking Arabic during his declaration, they still reminded him that he isn't one of them.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Baggd7: 1:44pm On May 27, 2022
What a good one
Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by lordswill03: 1:45pm On May 27, 2022
Well, I have nothing to say other than this man suffered my parents when he was the governor. He literally turned turned them to beggars just because they wanted their pension paid. And yet he wants to be the president?? Maybe he should come and apologize to my father first

38 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by eDoctorr(m): 1:45pm On May 27, 2022
APC member suffering despite his loyalty to Buhari. That's good for him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by BJanta: 1:45pm On May 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Amperes: 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
I have seen this happen a lot of times, The plan is too keep him incommunicado till the end of Presidential primaries. The guy must be causing serious trouble for this to be happening now. I believe he has a lot of questions to answer but the timing is suspect. The next few days will be interesting. I am beginning to have real respect for the North, those guys know how to play politics. Southerners are still busy insulting and betraying themselves while the north is already executing a plan devised long time ago. Very funny.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by jojo1415: 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
End of the road...politics is a very useless game cry

3 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Anaerobi(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
Okorhausa.

They will betray u.

U think building schools in the North will help you... I laugh in Imo

7 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Aoqyhs6: 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by unclejb2(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
God1000:
lol, president of which country? cheesy That's a pipedream bro
mega pipe dream

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by ngozika2us(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
Okorocha thought that by the display he did that day...Everyone would align and support him.

4 Likes

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Yankiss(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2022
Wow. Okorocha is in deep shit. This arrest is wrongly timed to frustrate his presidential ambition.

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Rejects Okorocha's Plea For Bail by Nigerialabalaba: 1:47pm On May 27, 2022
like Amaech like Okorosha grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

March 11: Obaseki In Political Battle Of His Career By Osigwe Omo-ikirodah / Why We Can’t Release Details Of Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – Code Of Conduct / Buhari Breaks Ramadan Fast With National Assembly Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.