Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:35 AM

Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? (35336 Views)

Does Catalytic Converter Truly Reduces Fuel Consumption? Let's Discuss . . / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? by Promxy94(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2022
Do catalyst converters get blocked. My panel and mechanic at different intervals has informed me that my front catalyst is blocked and better removed.
Re: Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? by Wldzgr8st(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2022
Re: Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? by Wldzgr8st(m): 11:30pm On May 31, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
In most modern vehicles, when there is an engine or transmission malfunction , it displays the check engine light, this switches the vehicle from standard operating design, to one that limits power output and protects the engine or transmission from further damage that could result in continued use in that state.

You would notice things like

check 4WD

Traction off

VSC OFF

And so on.

In certain circumstances the engine would be limited to revs below 3000 rotations per sec.

Irrespective of the presence or absence of a catalyst, an engine or transmission code will cause a vehicle to run less optimally which in turn would mean the vehicle consume more than it should.

Avoid errors on your vehicle at all costs.

You can also check this thread to acquire more knowledge about devices that help detect errors.

https://www.nairaland.com/6885954/xtool-advance-ad10-auto-car

You can also check this link if your car does not have a catalyst.

https://www.nairaland.com/6280487/catalytic-converter-problems-cheap-solution#96462231

Finally you can follow this link for smart devices .

https://www.nairaland.com/7147283/smart-devices-hottiecoach

Pls i am currently experiencing this. I can't rev past 3000, or else it will be jerking. And the check engine light is on. Any idea what the problem might be.

Thank you as I await your response
Re: Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? by adanny01(m): 9:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
Promxy94:
Do catalyst converters get blocked. My panel and mechanic at different intervals has informed me that my front catalyst is blocked and better removed.

Yes, it is usually the engine killer on 2008 Honda Accord.
Re: Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? by Tycyborg(m): 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
it’s called akara around me and not indomie

In the east and South South they call it indomie but in the south west they call it akara
Re: Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? by rukyboy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
adanny01:

Scan the car first and get all error codes. P0131-5 are the related error codes for AF sensor.

Note that other things can cause these codes, leaking injectors, exhaust leak, vacuum leak etc

I scanned and got. P0135, P0141 and P2185

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

High Tension Wire Falls On Tricycles In Port Harcourt (Photos) / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / 3 Porsche Panamera Convoy Carries 24 Gold Bars Worth £10m (₦5B) Across London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.