Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti (18884 Views)

2023: Femi Otedola Backs Bola Tinubu's Presidential Aspiration / 2023: Femi Gbajabiamila Perfects Plan To Be Governor Of Lagos, Oust Tinubu / Nairabet Owner Akin Alabi Wins APC House Of Rep Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Nigerialabalaba: 8:20am On May 28, 2022
2023: Rep defeats Fayemi-backed aspirant for APC ticket

Ms Adenuga, who walked out of the venue of the election when voting got underway, complained that the arrangement for the primary election was not satisfactory.
ByJosiah Oluwole May 27, 2022

A member of the House of Representatives, Femi Bamisile, on Friday, defeated his opponent in the All Progressives Congress contest for the ticket of Ekiti South Constituency 2.

His opponent, Bumi Adenuga, is a serving member of the Ekiti State House of Assembly representing Emure State Constituency.

She reportedly had the backing of the state governor, Kayode Fayemi, in her bid to unseat the ranking member of the House.

Mr Bamisile contested the last governorship primaries which produced Biodun Oyebanji, the current candidate of the APC for the June 18 governorship election in the state.

He had fallen out of favour with the state governor after the primaries, for which Ms Adenuga was prompted to replace him.

A total of 160 delegates filed out for the election at the Ode-Ekiti Civic Centre, for the primary election which lasted about three hours.

The Returning Officer, Kunle Ajayi, said all 160 delegates voted for Mr Bamisile, while Ms Adenuga recorded zero votes.

Ms Adenuga, who walked out of the venue of the election when voting got underway, complained that the arrangement for the primary election was not satisfactory.

She told PREMIUM TIMES that her agents were not allowed to stay on the podium where delegates were being guided in the process, but only her opponent’s were allowed.

“I don’t know why they refused to allow my agents. They said the delegates could not write and that they were helping them,” she complained.

“I don’t really know what to do at this stage because you know I am not a money bag.”

However, an observer explained that it was an agreement among the parties that agents to the aspirants would be required to go up there and assist those delegates who could not write but indicated they were voting for their aspirants.

He said since no delegate voted for her, there was no need for her agent to go up the podium.

Reacting after the results were declared, Mr Bamisile said the election was free and fair and the results were “overwhelming.”

“What the delegates did this afternoon was totally overwhelming and unfathomable,” he said.

“I was just sitting throughout the election praying that God should not put me to shame.

“Now I thank God and everyone for the support and I want to appreciate the person who contested against me, we are all victors in this contest, there are no losers.”

Mr Bamisile said he would now focus on ensuring that the party wins the forthcoming governorship election.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/532924-2023-rep-defeats-fayemi-backed-aspirant-for-apc-ticket.html

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Nigerialabalaba: 8:22am On May 28, 2022
Defeat aspirant backed by Fayemi wey be d only APC Presidential candidate wey come from Ekiti state, sitting governor wey also be president of Nigeria governors, ara meeriri shocked

Truly, politics na local o.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Mooh247: 8:26am On May 28, 2022
Fayose's candidate also got defeated

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Mynd44: 9:05am On May 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Defeat aspirant backed by Fayemi wey be d only APC Presidential candidate wey come from Ekiti state, sitting governor wey also be president of Nigeria governors, ara meeriri shocked

Sebi they told you people that SW governors are not in charge of the party in the states you thought it was a joke.

I don't understand how Fayemi thought a state house of assembly member will defeat Bamisile in his own house.

The very same Bamisile

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Mynd44: 9:05am On May 28, 2022
Mooh247:
Fayose's candidate also got defeated
Thats because Olujimi na the chairlady for there.

14 Likes

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by totiamiyu(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2022
Though I'm apathetic to political stories.

I'll still make an input. Politics in Nigeria is not worth your attention as a youth.

I advice you start a business. And the good news is now you can start your business with or without capital.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by RichDad1(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2022
Fayemi is a lightweight politician.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by sogodihno: 9:06am On May 28, 2022
And this one of the people that the inconsequential 5% are relying on to scuttle jagaban. It is painful that their tears and wailing has been postponed.

Jagaban 2023

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Honourable1901(m): 9:07am On May 28, 2022
One day bushmeat will catch the hunter
Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2022
SDP is taking over ekiti in Jesus name.....

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by mbahdi(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2022
Their problem
Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by iCauseTrouble: 9:09am On May 28, 2022
sad
Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2022
It’s still a win
Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Cholls(m): 9:10am On May 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

My brother 'mo ri ori ologbo late'

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Voiceofthestree: 9:12am On May 28, 2022
No come start to deh post spam message for here Bruh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by gabbyabbey: 9:13am On May 28, 2022
This is a signal to the upcoming Governorship election comes June 18

1 Like

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by wengerjay(m): 9:14am On May 28, 2022
Mr Akin Kolawole also defeated Hon. Ibrahim Olarewaju, another anointed candidate of Fayemi, to clinch the Ekiti North constituency 2 house of representatives at the APC primary election.
Mr Akin Kolawole. 142
Hon. Ibrahim Olarewaju 0

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by omooba969(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2022
OP, can you please put up Bamisile's picture.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by chloride6: 9:15am On May 28, 2022
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by abhee007(m): 9:17am On May 28, 2022
Unbehalf of frustrated students....
Bleep APC and PDP

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by SledgeHammerer: 9:17am On May 28, 2022
I think Fayemi and Bamisile have settled behind the curtains. Bamisile to get his return ticket to the green chambers while he in return supports the election of his governorship candidate in the forthcoming Ekiti guber election. The poor woman was only used as a canon folder. There's no way on earth the governor's choice will score zero. Impossible!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:19am On May 28, 2022
There's a kind of balance in results I m seeing nationwide since yesterday

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Femi Bamisile Defeats Bumi Adenuga For APC Rep Ticket In Ekiti by Lumig: 9:23am On May 28, 2022
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

[Photo]#OgunStateAt40; The Party Has Started. / Tinubu Absent As Buhari Hosts APC National Caucus Meeting / Election Tension: Soldiers Take Over Ebonyi Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.