Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,610 members, 7,801,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? (2292 Views)

Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? / Let's Show Off Phones Home Screens / Using Transparent Metal For Phone Screens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by GrandfinaIe2021: 9:23am On May 28, 2022
In less than 5 months I've fixed 3 screens for Techno Purvoir 3 air. Though I didn't attach a screen guard to it maybe that's why the screen easily gets damaged.
My attention here is the ridiculous prices of phone screen nowadays.
Just fixed a new screen today and I was charged 15,000 naira.
Why are screens these costly and also how can I ensure and maintain this screen and keep it in good condition as I've spent almost 45k in less than 5 months to be fixing this screen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by adeoyekay(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
In less than 5 months I've fixed 3 screens for Techno Purvoir 3 air. Though I didn't attach a screen guard to it maybe that's why the screen easily gets damaged.
Why are screens these costly and also how can I ensure and maintain this screen and keep it in good condition as I've spent almost 45k in less than 5 months to be fixing this screen
Try and get a screen guide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by neonly: 9:54am On May 28, 2022
Anything screen are always expensive even yur led tv screen is not left out
Way of making more money period

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by constance500: 12:02pm On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:

My phone screen is 38k... And never broken.. You too dey careless bro.. Buy phone wey d screen cost.. Nobody go tell you grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by brightest5050: 12:52pm On May 28, 2022
You spent 15k to buy phone screen and you are complaining the "high cost" cheesy cheesy grin grin grin . If you know any Samsung user that have changed the phone screen ask the person how much was spent

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by YourFavorite21(m): 1:09pm On May 28, 2022
Bro I changed my Samsung phone screen for 50k no be person tell me to begin dey pamper my phone like egg, I hear say the screen na 65k now sef.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by GrandfinaIe2021: 1:36pm On May 28, 2022
brightest5050:
You spent 15k to buy phone screen and you are complaining the "high cost" cheesy cheesy grin grin grin . If you know any Samsung user that have changed the phone screen ask the person how much was spent
omo my PC na Samsung oh, I know how fragile Samsung products are but despite all my efforts in maintaining it the screen still broke I just jejely sell am as scrap go buy hp.
Samsung products are a big NO
YourFavorite21:
Bro I changed my Samsung phone screen for 50k no be person tell me to begin dey pamper my phone like egg, I hear say the screen na 65k now sef.
Oh boy na wetin me I dey complain be this?
mehn why you no just use that 50k add small cash to am buy better techno or you dislike transsion products?
now before i sleep sef I place the phone on the cupboard, e no dey my bed again make I no use body press am make the thing break again.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by brightest5050: 1:42pm On May 28, 2022
YourFavorite21:

Once someone start using Samsung the person becomes guardian of the galaxy and that involve pampering your phone

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by brightest5050: 1:45pm On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
omo my PC na Samsung oh, I know how fragile Samsung products are but despite all my efforts in maintaining it the screen still broke I just jejely sell am as scrap go buy hp.

It seem like you are not handling your gadgets well this one that you are (mistakenly) breaking the screen.
Samsung products are not fragile the fall a Samsung phone will fall Tecno/Infinix cannot survive it

mehn why you no just use that 50k add small cash to am buy better techno or you dislike transsion products?
now before i sleep sef I place the phone on the cupboard, e no dey my bed again make I no use body press am make the thing break again.

I don't know about YourFavorite21 but the phones I know and recognise as phones are Samsung, Sony, Nokia and Iphone
No offence to other brands but its difficult to use other brands after using the brands I listed above

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by YourFavorite21(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:

I just don't like transsion phones, especially Itel.
It's either Samsung or iPhone.
Even if I go manage use tecno , it should be the phantom series, not all these spark, pop and Pova.. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by YourFavorite21(m): 3:18pm On May 28, 2022
brightest5050:

Once someone start using Samsung the person becomes guardian of the galaxy and that involve pampering your phone
grin cheesy very funny , but true.
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by Highorbit7O16: 3:23pm On May 28, 2022
15k for purvoir 3?? U dey ment? Goto computer village u will do it for 5/6K

1 Like

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by Prinzton(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:

Go around and ask and ask for prices of SAMSUNG screen (Chinese copy) then OEM.
Come back and give us your report.
Cos this year alone since January, I have changed my S7edge screen twice and now is broken. Incase you need the motherboard, it's available for shikini money.
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by fastanddubious(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2022
The guy with a broken note 20 ultra screen laughs grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by falcon01: 4:38am On May 29, 2022
constance500:

My phone screen is 38k... And never broken.. You too dey careless bro.. Buy phone wey d screen cost.. Nobody go tell you grin
lmao, my phone screen cost 100+, never broken no screen guard just little scratch.
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by TechBIogger: 8:01am On May 29, 2022
fastanddubious:
The guy with a broken note 20 ultra screen laughs grin
lol the guy never seen anything grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by TechBIogger: 8:01am On May 29, 2022
falcon01:
lmao, my phone screen cost 100+, never broken no screen guard just little scratch.
100k like seriously?
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by Satan01(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2022
lol,,, my own phone screen na 350k
I cannot miss the lie on this thread
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by austenzydrm3: 9:02am On May 29, 2022

Seriously guy when last you repair phone...that is the price at ikeja computer village
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by officialfestus(m): 9:08am On May 29, 2022
brightest5050:
leave am
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by donbenie(m): 9:28am On May 29, 2022
Satan01:

You actually don't phone screens cost up to 100k+?
Try break a Samsung Galaxy Note 20+ screen and come back and tell us the price of replacement..

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by donbenie(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2022
13 Smartphones and counting,I've NEVER broken any, not even a scratch..
You all should learn how to take care of your delicate expensive devices..
How can you break a phone's screen,3 times in a 5 month period?
That is beyond carelessness..
Well,guess the parts makers needs to chop too..
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by falcon01: 9:41am On May 29, 2022
TechBIogger:
100k like seriously?
s21 ultra last time I enquired, it was 115k.
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by durubennie(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2022
I changed my phone screen for 35k,and a week after I started seeing green feint lines on my screen. I quickly went back to the repair shop and the repairer told me that he cannot take the screen back,when he tested it initially it was fine. I was later told that he sold a copy screen to me.
I had to swallow my L cause there's nothing I could do, involving the police will cost more than the screen.
Now the lines have worsened but I am managing the phone till I get cash to buy a brand new phone.
New phones are so expensive nowadays

1 Like

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by constance500: 12:47pm On May 29, 2022
Highorbit7O16:

B like you just comot for prison.. grin 6k for which screen

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by constance500: 12:51pm On May 29, 2022
Satan01:

Itel user don drop comment

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by Emeka71(m): 2:11pm On May 29, 2022
The screen of android is more expensive than any other part.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by saratackit: 9:52pm On May 29, 2022
Your name fits u well lol
Satan01:

Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by emmyloved(m): 7:18pm On May 30, 2022
They're expensive so that you can handle it with care grin grin
GrandfinaIe2021:
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by RomeoMarvis(m): 7:23pm On May 30, 2022
brightest5050:
l change my samsung galaxy note 10 plus for 120k... and that's cos l'm an engineer. if it were normal customer, it'll be going for 150k. so l always laugh whenever l see such posts
brightest5050:
l change my samsung galaxy note 10 plus for 120k... and that's cos l'm an engineer. if it were normal customer, it'll be going for 150k. so l always laugh whenever l see such posts
brightest5050:
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by RomeoMarvis(m): 7:23pm On May 30, 2022
brightest5050:
Re: Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2022
brightest5050:

I don't know about YourFavorite21 but the phones I know and recognise as phones are Samsung, Sony, Nokia and Iphone
No offence to other brands but its difficult to use other brands after using the brands I listed above
Nokia no reach Huawei or Oneplus,
You're just unenlightened and limited.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Temple Run 2 Cheat On Andriod For Andriod Only / Gionee M2 User Opinion And Review– With 4200 Mah Battery That Lasts Really Long / Please Help! My Phone Can't Install App!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.