Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (49245 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by nevilbot: 8:03pm On May 28, 2022
9gerian:
A very welcome development.

Data cost about 2 euros (less than N1,500) for 100gb in the EU and environs the last time I checked.

We are being ripped off, although lack of adequate electricity supply is the major excuse for that, especially now that diesel costs have blown the roof.

Comrade softly plz in dropping lies na. Biko in which part of EU does 100gb cost 2 euros na. Can you kindly name the specific country in the EU where data is this cheap?

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Titaniumental: 8:03pm On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

But in that one month it is unlimited download and usage.

You can download 1 terabyte film sef

Very fast too
It is not restricted to individual,even a community can subscribe and as many as possible will be a partaker

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:04pm On May 28, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

99 dollars per month is very expensive for the average internet user in Nigeria, literally that is many people salary per month.

How many people in Nigeria do you think can afford 1gb data of 500 naira talkless of 99 dollars per month

I'm not saying it's not expensive. For me, I currently pay the equivalent of $300 per month. So cutting that by two-thirds is dirt cheap for my use case.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Brownshoe: 8:04pm On May 28, 2022
I won buy mtn mifi, abi make i wait ni

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by digitite: 8:04pm On May 28, 2022
It will be very affordable with time. I am on board.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 8:05pm On May 28, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I'm not saying it's not expensive. For me, I currently pay the equivalent of $300 per month. So cutting that by two-thirds is dirt cheap for my use case.
How many of your type dey?.. 50k above per month is expensive for the average Nigerian to be honest

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Buckeyemedia1: 8:06pm On May 28, 2022
Fakbrown:
Can it be shared or just a device
Just purchase a router.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Buckeyemedia1: 8:07pm On May 28, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
How many of your type dey?.. 50k above per month is expensive for the average Nigerian to be honest
Who said that it was for the average Nigerian?

Just like the IPNX I Use when I am in Lasgidi, it makes MTN feel like dial up.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Quiny32323: 8:07pm On May 28, 2022
9gerian:

Data cost about 2 euros (less than N1,500) for 100gb in the EU and environs the last time I checked.

We are being ripped off, although lack of adequate electricity supply is the major excuse for that, especially now that diesel costs have blown the roof.

Which country for EU oga, Lyca bundle which is almost the cheapest na mostly 10 euro for less than 10gb for most western Europe. Make you no dey give my people 4 bongo unnecessary b.p abeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2022
Preordered mine since 2019. Can’t wait for it to launch here.

$99 a month is a tough pill to swallow, but we move.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Winters23: 8:08pm On May 28, 2022
JayReeMai:
you don’t need to download movies if you have this kinda package. You stream movies.

Some people love illegality aswear

Even if you give them free streaming service and unlimited data they'll abandon it and go for illegal downloads

grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:09pm On May 28, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

Are you messaging from Lagos? You need to collide with Lagos tech boys. Especially the Island ones. You go know say na normal be this. By the time you order Static IP with 15MBps from FiberOne you go know. People earning $3k per month from one job. As US Tecj Support. Not developers o. Technical Support

7 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 28, 2022
9gerian:

Doing business here is expensive especially businesses that require electricity! And again they had to find a way to secure their assets but in EU, its less.. So it will cost consumers more here..
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by kunlesehan(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2022
Wait

Brownshoe:
I won buy mtn mifi, abi make i wait ni

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by chessguru(m): 8:11pm On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:

Tech boys go rush am
tech girls nko and tech trans ?
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:11pm On May 28, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Who said that it was for the average Nigerian?

Just like the IPNX I Use when I am in Lasgidi, it makes MTN feel like dial up.

I tell you. When I'm on Airtel mobile on the road I'm appalled at the speed

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by ncoolsome(m): 8:11pm On May 28, 2022
JayReeMai:
you don’t need to download movies if you have this kinda package. You stream movies.

Now look how one infrastructural development can have multiple impact..when u stream movies and sports then DStv would be forced to reduce price as well..

7 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by famouscargo4u: 8:11pm On May 28, 2022
BabalawoPikin:
mtn making plans to japa. Elon musk is a crazy business man. he will come very cheap. kill other businesses then bring in the main plan.

You get it, he will try to win market share by reducing his price.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by faceland: 8:13pm On May 28, 2022
Whizzy080:
If not our thieves political officers, why should our data expire? So I have to finish my data in a hurry before it expires
. isn't it my property? I should decide how to use it even if I want manage 100mb for a year it's my problem

My own use to finish before the expiration date....

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 8:13pm On May 28, 2022
StarFist:
$99 ??
I dey mad?

Kinda cheap. Unlimited download. Na to get one asap

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by faceland: 8:15pm On May 28, 2022
Please tell Elon Musk (the genius fraudster) that I am not paying $100 for data (except I get a ROI).

I would rather save that $100 for 4 months and buy a nice phone AND laptop.

All the people insulting our network providers, he would eventually sell it to them. He might never lunch it (he might just get media hype, sell shares, and disappear).

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by TimmyA: 8:16pm On May 28, 2022
Elon Musk is likely not going to use diesel, he will probably power his gadgets via solar set up, thereby reducing his cost of operation. Hope to have a reliable and cheaper data. Can't wait for your N1500 per 100gb data

9gerian:

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by faceland: 8:18pm On May 28, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Kinda cheap. Unlimited download. Na to get one asap

60k for 30 days
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Enskynelson(m): 8:18pm On May 28, 2022
StarFist:
$99 ??
I dey mad?

Poverty speaking. Don't let your current state block your foresight. May you begin to see yourself BIG in the future as from today.

11 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nealson(m): 8:18pm On May 28, 2022
LordofNaija:
Na to buy am open hotspot make my entire street connect for just 1k, per month. Sense no go kill me

Smart guy! wink

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 8:20pm On May 28, 2022
faceland:

60k for 30 days

Yes, it is cheap. unlimited download. I dey always got things to download. I mean heavy downloading

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by showafrica(m): 8:21pm On May 28, 2022
Oladokehinde:
Have you seen/heard of the news that Starlink had being approved by the nigerian government to operate in nigeria

Now how much do you really think that will cost an average nigerian or let's say the less opportune ?

We shall buy it at whatever price and share with licensed free band A broadband system. 50Mbps of unlimited bandwidth is enough for 50 users. The 50 users can just pay 2k each for 1mbps which is enough and sweet. Since Nig government has refused to lay fiber cables across the nation.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Odunayaw(m): 8:21pm On May 28, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

99 dollars per month is very expensive for the average internet user in Nigeria, literally that is many people salary per month.

How many people in Nigeria do you think can afford 1gb data of 500 naira talkless of 99 dollars per month
Alaye it's not for everyone. What is someone that is not earning $99 a month looking for unlimited data for anyways?

9 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by goodheart01: 8:21pm On May 28, 2022
LordofNaija:
Na to buy am open hotspot make my entire street connect for just 1k, per month. Sense no go kill me

U get sense joor

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 8:22pm On May 28, 2022
they will lose if they charge this high ,
how many people can afford 60,000 for data in a month when they can get far far cheaper data at maybe 30k to 40k
starlink will have to study the market and i don't think their rate will be much different from what is on ground now with other network , but their service delivery is the main issue , they must try to deliver good service and then they will get a sizeable market
they will likely have different packages ,that is the best way to beat their competitors and win the market
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

But in that one month it is unlimited download and usage.

You can download 1 terabyte film sef

Very fast too

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by SarkinYarki: 8:22pm On May 28, 2022
Oladokehinde:
Have you seen/heard of the news that Starlink had being approved by the nigerian government to operate in nigeria

Now how much do you really think that will cost an average nigerian or let's say the less opportune ?

Set up cost is about 360k and then monthly sub is 60k

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Android Back Button Not Working; Try This Technique / How Do I View Numbers Sharing My Mtn Data With Me? / Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.