Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (49246 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:02pm On May 28, 2022
frowland:

What is the name of this network that cost 170k/month?

FiberOne

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by 6pack: 9:05pm On May 28, 2022
StarFist:
$99 ??
I dey mad?

I just dey look the guy with one kain eye. Some of these guys go just come online and begin yarn pure nonsense. Why will I pay 62k for a month internet when Airtel gives me 200gb wey I no dey fit finish for 18k

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by 3seriez(m): 9:06pm On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

But in that one month it is unlimited download and usage.

You can download 1 terabyte film sef

Very fast too

Are you cappin or serious?
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by SocialJustice: 9:06pm On May 28, 2022
Oladokehinde:
Have you seen/heard of the news that Starlink had being approved by the nigerian government to operate in nigeria

Now how much do you really think that will cost an average nigerian or let's say the less opportune ?
A single starlink dish can power over 100 users. At $110 monthly subscription, shared between 100 users. It can be as cheap as 5k for unlimited broadband Internet.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by qtguru(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:

Tech boys go rush am

Startups mostly
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:08pm On May 28, 2022
foreshore:

Do you really know what $99 is in Nigeria. That's about N60k/Month

Is that big money for data? When given that data you will be earning over a million?

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by SocialJustice: 9:08pm On May 28, 2022
LordofNaija:
Na to buy am open hotspot make my entire street connect for just 1k, per month. Sense no go kill me
You too wise. My plan exactly but I prefer N5k.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Freethinker87: 9:15pm On May 28, 2022
It's about N20,000 in India. I believe it should be around 15k-18k per month in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by foolbuster: 9:15pm On May 28, 2022
BabalawoPikin:
mtn making plans to japa. Elon musk is a crazy business man. he will come very cheap. kill other businesses then bring in the main plan.

If that happens competition will spring back up.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:16pm On May 28, 2022
6pack:
I just dey look the guy with one kain eye. Some of these guys go just come online and begin yarn pure nonsense. Why will I pay 62k for a month internet when Airtel gives me 200gb wey I no dey fit finish for 18k

Lol! Have you streamed YouTube or Netflix on two tvs at 4k with 80GB download running on your laptop? All of that while sustaining a HD VOIP call to a US server?

6 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by shantti(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2022
THURAFTERNOON:
Any mortal who is able is provide Nigerians unlimited data usage at a very affordable price will blow immediately … just imagine this development makes people ditch the airtel, mtn etc rip off data plans… elon Issa badass Igbo comrade cheesy

Asin eh, very bad ass Igbo man. Welldone Elonna Muskchi

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by FlyingKing: 9:17pm On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

Very fast too

How do you know this?

Have you used it before?

Or do you work for the Starlink company?

Just want to know anyway and nothing much because it's seems you have used it before with your testimonies.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by nevilbot: 9:19pm On May 28, 2022
9gerian:
I repeat. This was a personal experience that I had in 2019 on a business trip to Paris.

No jokes 2 euros for 100gb was subscribed on new line that I was given by the host partners in Paris. I confirmed and was mindful of this fact because it became part of the main consideration during the business discussion about a project whose franchise was deployed easily as-is via the internet in France (and Europe generally) because data was cheap. However, the franchisee segment of the business couldn’t be deployed as-is in Nigeria because data was quite expensive, and would prove onerous to potential franchisees.

An additional issue was the electricity supply that would also increase operating costs. Only the online aspect of the business was eventually deployed (imagine!!!).

That is why my statement was clear about the last time I personally took note (2019). However, with rising energy cost now in Europe, the rates may have changed but the difference will still be clear even if it is a 100% increase or more, else all their tv viewership which typically runs on internet streaming would be worst hit.

The bottom line is that data is very expensive in Nigeria, and some of the government officials (NCC) have repeatedly tried to address it.

Bros I av been living in an EU country since 2014 and never since that time was 100gb sold for 2€. I happen to even use one of d cheapest sims in my country and its 9.99€ for 10gb per month. So this your story of 2€ for 100gb in 2019 does not gel for me honestly

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:19pm On May 28, 2022
qtguru:

Startups mostly
Me personally I go rush am o. My current bi is ₦170k for 15mbps Static IP
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by petermichaels(m): 9:20pm On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month
Every month $99
Very fast too
I DONT THINK YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IS 1DOLLAR IN NAIRA.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by TheGift: 9:26pm On May 28, 2022
StarFist:
$99 ??
I dey mad?

29500 is what I currently pay for fibre used by like 28 people. About 55K (roughly $99) to upgrade in order to accommodate 20 more folks, without issues.

Depending on the businesses $99 Starlink can make a lot of sense . But not for an individual, except they can make business with it.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by LaconicINC: 9:30pm On May 28, 2022
Whizzy080:
If not our thieves political officers, why should our data expire? So I have to finish my data in a hurry before it expires
. isn't it my property? I should decide how to use it even if I want manage 100mb for a year it's my problem
why are you wicked like this grin, you wan make them run out of business, bros easy o
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by LillyandDaisy: 9:32pm On May 28, 2022
LillyandDaisy:
iTunes card!
Yes, my prayer anyway
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 28, 2022
9gerian:
I repeat. This was a personal experience that I had in 2019 on a business trip to Paris.

No jokes 2 euros for 100gb was subscribed on new line that I was given by the host partners in Paris. I confirmed and was mindful of this fact because it became part of the main consideration during the business discussion about a project whose franchise was deployed easily as-is via the internet in France (and Europe generally) because data was cheap. However, the franchisee segment of the business couldn’t be deployed as-is in Nigeria because data was quite expensive, and would prove onerous to potential franchisees.

An additional issue was the electricity supply that would also increase operating costs. Only the online aspect of the business was eventually deployed (imagine!!!).

That is why my statement was clear about the last time I personally took note (2019). However, with rising energy cost now in Europe, the rates may have changed but the difference will still be clear even if it is a 100% increase or more, else all their tv viewership which typically runs on internet streaming would be worst hit.

The bottom line is that data is very expensive in Nigeria, and some of the government officials (NCC) have repeatedly tried to address it.

You were on a business trip, not living in Europe.Your costs were probably being subsidsied by your partners.

In France, one gb costs between 0.09 -118 dollars while in Nigeria, one gb costs between 0.03-5.25 dollars.

We are even cheaper than South Africa (0.12-35 dolalrs) and Chad, Ghana, etc.....

SAUCE
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 28, 2022
Oladokehinde:
Have you seen/heard of the news that Starlink had being approved by the nigerian government to operate in nigeria

Now how much do you really think that will cost an average nigerian or let's say the less opportune ?

What's the benefit of this information to you? undecided
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by TheGift: 9:34pm On May 28, 2022
TheGift:

29500 is what I currently pay for fibre used by like 28 people. About 55K (roughly $99) to upgrade in order to accommodate 20 more folks, without issues.

Depending on the businesses $99 Starlink can make a lot of sense . But not for an individual or family, except they can make business with it.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 9:36pm On May 28, 2022
TheOldGods:
which one is tech boys,how many tech boys do we have in this country that will pay the salary of workers, pay for tax, still be able to buy diesel and others. It's expensive.
You dey sleep on top okada.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Offpoint1: 9:38pm On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:

Lolz na only to make call we go dey use mtn do
Baba we no use mtn make call again... Na borrow we go dey use am borrow

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Offpoint1: 9:39pm On May 28, 2022
LordofNaija:
Na to buy am open hotspot make my entire street connect for just 1k, per month. Sense no go kill me
Make I screenshot this

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Offpoint1: 9:40pm On May 28, 2022
fman:

you just bust my head.
imagine streaming.
youtube go hear am.
no need for youtube go.
memory go plenty for phone,
as per no need for downloading.
but inside life, we go still download.
No matter the speed of internet, whatsapp status go still buffergrin

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Neoteny7: 9:41pm On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

Very fast too

There's a price hike. It's $110 monthly, and $599 for the kit which includes the dish, cabling, etc.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 28, 2022
Odunayaw:
Alaye it's not for everyone. What is someone that is not earning $99 a month looking for unlimited data for anyways?

So how are they going to make revenue, sometimes you people need to be thinking.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Neoteny7: 9:41pm On May 28, 2022
Offpoint1:

No matter the speed of internet, whatsapp status go still buffergrin

Absolutely true.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by oliverwrites: 9:43pm On May 28, 2022
onatisi:
they will lose if they charge this high ,
how many people can afford 60,000 for data in a month when they can get far far cheaper data at maybe 30k to 40k
starlink will have to study the market and i don't think their rate will be much different from what is on ground now with other network , but their service delivery is the main issue , they must try to deliver good service and then they will get a sizeable market
they will likely have different packages ,that is the best way to beat their competitors and win the market
Cheap data doesn't mean good data. I will gladly pay $99 per month for unlimited data.

It means I will safe 14700 on DStv. My current monthly data usage is around 20k, my wife around 10k per month. Plus savings from DStv that's about 50k around and it is UNLIMITED.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Litmus: 9:45pm On May 28, 2022
lasisi69:
what's paining you ?? undecided undecided

Are you jealous of us the tech boys ?? undecided undecided

Some individuals are invested in the narrative that Nigeria is poverty capital of the world, Nigerians live on less than one dollar a day etc. This picture of Nigeria helps fuel restiveness - psychology is very powerful. Therefor your suggestion, which implies that many Nigerians will afford the service somewhat contradicts the image of poverty stricken Nigeria ripe for dismantling ....

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by streetwise2015: 9:47pm On May 28, 2022
Bro put me through on Digital marketing

oliverwrites:
I will gladly pay this if it is super fast and truly unlimited. I am a digital marketer though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Android Back Button Not Working; Try This Technique / Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message / How Do I View Numbers Sharing My Mtn Data With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.