Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket (34801 Views)

Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election / Abba Moro Wins Benue South Senate Seat, Replaces David Mark after 20 years / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Cenripacta(m): 8:13pm On May 28, 2022
He chose Money over Salvation
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by essentialone(m): 8:15pm On May 28, 2022
davit:

Nothing like first Lady in our constitution!

Benue is the Brazil of Nigeria. Almost everyone is a Catholic.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Klass99(f): 8:26pm On May 28, 2022
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Nwaajasa: 8:26pm On May 28, 2022
There's no problem for a priest to be a politician, even in the bible we Samuel who was a priest, a prophet, a judge and a seer. If his denomination allow him
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Dearlord(m): 8:35pm On May 28, 2022
BafanaBafana:

You are from the SE right?

100%
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by 43Ronin: 8:36pm On May 28, 2022
toobusy:
A priest shouldn't mingle with partisan politics,if he has chosen to be a politician,let him be,if he wants to work in the lord's vineyard,let him focus on it,no one servers two masters at a time

He has been suspended by the Catholic church, unlike some pentecostal churches that will form committe for him and their GO visiting politicians.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Abujason: 8:37pm On May 28, 2022
Islie:
Alia, who was suspended by the church after his declaration of interest to run for the post in the 2023 general elections, contested against the former Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Mike Aondoakaa, and the former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Barnabas Gemade.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/05/28/2023-suspended-catholic-priest-hyacinth-wins-benue-apc-governorship-ticket

Benue to become 100% catholic soon.
To God be the glory.
Terrorists should relocate to their chief sponsors state of Katsina.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:55pm On May 28, 2022
BabaIbo:

Just keep kwayet please, you are making no sense.

You should have kept your mouth shut rather opening it up waah and making yourself a nuisance here.

How do you know he is false?
Why are you judging him??
If your blood can't wash away his sins, you don't have any right to judge him?? ?

Keep kwayet jare...was I the one who suspended him from the church?

stoopid
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:56pm On May 28, 2022
Kennyprince:

You are a fool

you are the fool..
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:57pm On May 28, 2022
cp3o:

There are many grounds on which he could be a great choice: the Roman Catholic church is strong in Benue state, he doesn't have a wife or kids, so he is single minded and free from family commitment to a reasonable degree, the training of a priest is extensive and you can count on him being a good administrator, PLUS he should be a God fearing fellow. Benue really needs deliverance....

Yeah true but I thought the way they insult adeboye for interfering in politics for being a pastor..Besides he was suspended by the church
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by maasoap(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2022
toobusy:
A priest shouldn't mingle with partisan politics,if he has chosen to be a politician,let him be,if he wants to work in the lord's vineyard,let him focus on it, no one servers two masters at a time

Who is the other master?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by maasoap(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2022
Pele10:
One with GOD is a majority.as you won the primaries with a wide gap, so shall you win in the general elections against the governors candidate(Titus Uba) with GOD all things are possible, congratulations priest.

I'm even surprised that priest won on the platform of Islamic party, according to our brothers. Lol. See as they are telling him that he should have resigned.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Spandau: 10:10pm On May 28, 2022
Sunofgod:
What a country.....

What do you mean? Is it now a problem to put your own destiny in your own hands?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Spandau: 10:17pm On May 28, 2022
toobusy:
A priest shouldn't mingle with partisan politics,if he has chosen to be a politician,let him be,if he wants to work in the lord's vineyard,let him focus on it,no one servers two masters at a time

True political leadership serve the people and ensures that justice, equity, security, prosperity and judgement is put in place. That is the work of God. True clergies serve the people too. He leads people, including politicians in the way of justice, righteousness, judgement and mercy. That is the work of God. So what other master are you talking about? A true political leader and clergy are both doing the work of God. So what's your point?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Spandau: 10:19pm On May 28, 2022
Kingspin:
Why not resign before contesting?
And save your respect.
Why confuse the public who may think the church is against you?

Next time do things in an honourable manner. It pays. Thank you.

Why are you people so dumb and myopic? What kind of education do you people have in Nigeria?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Kingspin(m): 10:22pm On May 28, 2022
Spandau:

Why are you people so dumb and myopic? What kind of education do you people have in Nigeria?
What manner of problem did you receive?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Spandau: 10:24pm On May 28, 2022
Kingspin:
What manner of problem did you receive?

There you go again. What is wrong with you people?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Kingspin(m): 10:26pm On May 28, 2022
Spandau:

There you go again. What is wrong with you people?
Check-out pls, if you have nothing to say
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Spandau: 10:30pm On May 28, 2022
Kingspin:
Check-out pls, if you have nothing to say

Stop mentioning me boZo!
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Kingspin(m): 10:33pm On May 28, 2022
Spandau:

Stop mentioning me boZo!
Check yourself.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by mastermaestro(m): 10:41pm On May 28, 2022
Toktee:
says who?
Which part of the Bible?

Don’t mind that ignorant folk. He prefers devils to agents of light.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by mastermaestro(m): 10:43pm On May 28, 2022
Klass99:

I respectfully disagree, I think part of the reason the rot in our polity has thrived is because good men and women shy away from politics. He can still serve God and humanity in a political position if his heart and intentions are sincere.

Evil prevails because good men do nothing. We need more good and godly people in our polity, to phase out the present crop of politicians we have. Evil men should be the ones sceptical of joining politics because they know the light of good men will outshine and overpower their darkness.

Amplify it my dear sister. It’s time to embrace light.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by giantstar: 10:47pm On May 28, 2022
toobusy:
Unecessary complain we don start many Islamic scholars are into politics.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by kokoA(m): 10:49pm On May 28, 2022
Damian10:
The number of vote Rv father Hyacinth Alia is going to get in next years guber elections will be record breaking in the history of Nigeria's gubernatorial race. Infact every local govt in Benue state supports him more than he supports himself. Benue is rotten from the head and only God's anointed can save us.
Congrats to my Gov to be
Ortom is brought Benue to the lowest level ever. I pity the next Governor, he'd have a lot of work to do.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by BafanaBafana: 11:00pm On May 28, 2022
Dearlord:

100%
I can tell from your comment. You still wonder why nobody likes you guys
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Dearlord(m): 11:07pm On May 28, 2022
BafanaBafana:

I can tell from your comment. You still wonder why nobody likes you guys

Can you kindly explain what you mean by that?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Stamagba(m): 11:42pm On May 28, 2022
I am shocked by the way some people will just open their mouth and say any rubbish that comes out.
Priesthood is not like office work that you can just resign from. You can't "unpriest a priest"
Secondly, someone opened his mouth to say fake priest. My advice is, that person shouldn't attract curse to his generations.
And for those that don't know, after the election, this won't be the first time that a Catholic priest will be governor in Benue state. There was Fr. Adasu and he is the best till date.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by VirileNelly2420: 11:48pm On May 28, 2022
InoGetJoy:

He knows it's the law in Catholic church. Did you read the thread with the letter that was used to communicate his suspension to him? Everything isn't about bitterness
I know of course... But dat doesn't mean he wouldn't gloat wen he eventually wins.

I mean, if he looses d guber, it could warrant missing out on both sides. So, he would b so glad to win...nd spite certain people looking out for him to fail. Ha, jealousy and backbiting dey everywhere naa.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by VirileNelly2420: 11:51pm On May 28, 2022
bonnyhope:

He was not bitter for being suspended

He knows the consequences of his action and also know the law as a priest

Mark my post this man will win the general
election

About 90% chrstain in Benue are Catholic and they will vote him
Am already sensing dat too... But, I would've asked where he got money to fund his political ambition, ....
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by InoGetJoy: 5:55am On May 29, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

I know of course... But dat doesn't mean he wouldn't gloat wen he eventually wins.

I mean, if he looses d guber, it could warrant missing out on both sides. So, he would b so glad to win...nd spite certain people looking out for him to fail. Ha, jealousy and backbiting dey everywhere naa.
No no, he doesn't need to gloat and won't. He was suspended, not expelled. After his political career he can continue his priestly duties. That's how the Catholic church does it.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by NOBLE179(m): 6:45am On May 29, 2022
commendable
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by starstunna1313(m): 6:55am On May 29, 2022
toobusy:

You obviously don’t know what you are writing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events / Election: Akpabio, Ekpenyong Relocate To INEC Collation Centre / Atiku Leads Buhari In Adamawa After 16 Local Governments,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.