Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket (18018 Views)

More Pictures From APC Ogun State Walk; Governor Abiodun, 9ice Spotted / Olamilekan Adeola (Yayi) Declares For Ogun West Senatorial Seat / President Buhari Was Stoned At APC Ogun Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by cPapaAjascO: 5:18pm On May 28, 2022
Olamilekan Adeola, a Lagos West Senator, has won the All Progressives Congress ticket for Ogun West Senatorial District in Ogun State.

Adeola, also known as Yayi, received 294 votes to defeat his main opponent and incumbent Senator representing the zone, Tolu Odebiyi, who received zero votes.

Adeola was declared the winner of the APC Senatorial primary held at Orona Hall, Ilaro, the headquarters of the state's Yewa South Local Government Area.

In a sweeping movement dubbed "West2West Agenda," the Lagos West Senator recently relocated to the state and joined the Ogun West Senate race.

The primary was organized by the APC Senatorial Electoral Committee, which was led by Dr. Dapo Odukoya.

Odebiyi previously stated that he was the only candidate vying for the APC ticket in the zone's ongoing primaries.

Odebiyi, an ally of former Governor Ibikunle Amosun, arrived at the primary venue with some of his supporters at 12:48 p.m.

Odebiyi told reporters that he was the only candidate in the primaries.

He referred to his counterpart from Lagos West as a "visitor" in the exercise.

He noted that the two other aspirants, Abiodun Isiaq Akinlade and Gboyega Isiaka, the state's three-time governorship candidate, had stepped down days earlier to run for House of Representatives seats.

"I am extremely delighted that we are finally having the opportunity to handle our primaries, and more importantly, I am excited for the people of Ogun West," he said.

“My two other brothers – Isiaka Abiodun Akinlade and Gboyega Nasiru Isiaka – who came out from Ogun West had accepted via for House of Rep slots. As far as I am concerned, I am the only candidate from Ogun West.

“Yes, we do have a visitor (Yayi) who is with us. We would accommodate him and listen to his view and at the end of the day, I believe I am going to triumph.”

https://www.regencyreporters.com.ng/2022/05/Lagos-West-Senator-Olamilekan-Adeola-Wins-APC-Returning-Ticket-In-Ogun.html

3 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Xscape1993(m): 5:18pm On May 28, 2022
Nigerian politicians....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Mynd44: 5:42pm On May 28, 2022
West-West.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by dapsoneh: 5:43pm On May 28, 2022
Please, kindly furnish us with both Oyo and Osun APC national Assembly results

1 Like

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2022
shocked

So upon all the noise this Tinubu boy still got the ticket. Imagine after serving two terms in Lagos. Him port come Ogun west. Lol

27 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Arckym26: 5:44pm On May 28, 2022
Congratulations omo to Yayi

4 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by ify01: 5:44pm On May 28, 2022
Interesting
Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by abostg(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2022
Ok
Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Bruno531(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2022
I hope Nigerians are seeing this. Lagos West Senator has won Ogun West Senatorial district. Continue, west side champion.

13 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Blaqadd: 5:45pm On May 28, 2022
From Lagos to Ogun

1 Like

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by EKOFOODMART: 5:45pm On May 28, 2022
Money speaking.
Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Ibcrown(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2022
See how tinubu men be clearing all their coast, omo na only God fit stop Tinubu

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by tafabaloo(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2022
"My two other brothers – Isiaka Abiodun Akinlade and Gboyega Nasiru Isiaka – who came out from Ogun West had accepted via for House of Rep slots. As far as I am concerned, I am the only candidate from Ogun West.

“Yes, we do have a visitor (Yayi) who is with us. We would accommodate him and listen to his view and at the end of the day, I believe I am going to triumph."

Lols

3 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by dyydxx: 5:47pm On May 28, 2022
How can sitting senator receive Zero votes? Is OK....pdp should win but those ones are just too divided

4 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by bigdammyj: 5:47pm On May 28, 2022
Wonders
Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by sped1oro(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2022
Congratulations to Yayi, West-2-West is okay �

1 Like

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by tolumizzy(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2022
Better person...philantropist

1 Like

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by SledgeHammerer: 5:48pm On May 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by supereagle(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2022
Omo atohun rin wa.
Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by arabralph(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2022
This one choke me ooo, Lagos West to Ogun West. Are they that dumb?Judas Iscariot should come to delegates to learn some lessons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by SecretReporter(f): 5:50pm On May 28, 2022
Ok
Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Alamsvcc: 5:51pm On May 28, 2022
Ooooooh my God! Why did you allow the visitor (Yayi) to come all the way from Lagos to slap you and still collect your staff of office?
Anyway sorry sir, Ben Ayade is also crying now.....Pele..

3 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by oluwaseyi0: 5:52pm On May 28, 2022
This is a shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by snoopz: 5:56pm On May 28, 2022
Lagos the state for everybody...
Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Voiceofthestree: 5:59pm On May 28, 2022
God go punish Nigerians. Everybody Politicians delegates voter government everybody nah him God to punish including you that you are reading

1 Like

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by Asianjollof007: 6:00pm On May 28, 2022
supereagle:
Omo atohun rin wa.

Atohun rin wa wey better pass indigene.

2 Likes

Re: Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) Wins APC Ogun West Senatorial Ticket by vision2050: 6:03pm On May 28, 2022
Egba man will be Governor come 2027

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Wants To "Speak Directly To All Nigerians" / Have You Seen The Map Of The Proposed ODUDUWA REPUBLIC, If Nigeria Break Up? / FG Establishes 12 Research ‘Centres Of Excellence’ In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.