Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth (464 Views)

TB Joshua Nazareth Crusade: New York Times Celebrates Prophet (Photos) / TB Joshua Crusade In Nazareth Israel: Churches, Islamic Cleric, Politicians Kick / Mayor Of Nazareth Hosts Prophet T.B Joshua In Israel(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth by WarlordBlog: 8:54pm On May 29, 2022

Are you familiar with the picture below?

To we African Christians that never question any doctrine thrown upon us, that picture above is Jesus of Nazareth…. the true son of God. But in reality, that is the picture of a man named Robert Powell, from the 1977 movie “Jesus of Nazareth”. How we came to believe that a Jewish man can look like this and even hung the pictures in our houses still surprises me till date.

Yes! I grew up believing it all. Currently, I am a Catholic but I have of late started questioning within my mind, most of the Catholic teachings. One of such is the Image of Jesus of Nazareth as depicted on pictures.

Jesus of Nazareth can never be blonde. Is like saying that the Igbo race are blondes. It is impossible. However, we believed that Jesus of Nazareth, a Jew is white with Blonde hairs.

If today, I enter any church in Igbo land, and try to make them unlearn this particular belief, I will be excommunicated and labeled the devil or possessed. But the absolute truth is that, the pictures of Jesus of Nazareth in all churches in Africa and beyond is never the real Jesus; he was never photographed and can never be a white man with blonde hairs. It is far more likely, both geographically and genetically, that he was black rather than white. That is the blunt truth.

A careful study of the race Jesus was born into will provide enough evidence to the fact that the white missionaries always attribute goodness to their race and evil to black Africans. If Jesus of Nazareth is the son of God, and we don’t have the picture of God that is accepted in Christianity, why then do we accept the pictures of Actors as Jesus of Nazareth?

When will Black Africans most especially; start to unlearn loads of craps dumped on us by the Missionaries? How our forefathers were even convinced to accept anything from the White man as superior still baffles me.

Till now, people are yet to open their eyes and see between the truth and lies in the Church. We learn a lot of rubbish growing up as black kids in Africa. The sooner we start to unlearn every single thing the White missionaries taught us, the better for us. The religion brought to Africa was designed for control and not redemption.

Take a look at the picture below. That is the picture of the Altar at Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity, Onitsha, Anambra State (Igbo land), the giant cross on the altar wall is that of a White Jesus.

Tell me how will a Black African Kid who grew up believing that God, Jesus and Angels with other holy beings are Whites will not feel inferior as black?

Source:- https://kevblog.net/unlearning-jesus-of-nazareth/

Re: Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth by Mickykarim: 9:52pm On May 29, 2022
YOU ARE EQUALY WRONG ABOUT YOUR ASSERTION BELOW.

" It is far more likely, both geographically and genetically, that he was black rather than white. That is the blunt truth.".

EXCEPT THE HELLENIST JEWS. THEY ARE NEVER BLACK AND CANNOT BE.

History did not tell us that Jesus Christ ministry and or lived his matured years in Africa aside when he was taken by divine intervention to Egypt which was also populated by people with white skin.

How Jesus Christ could have been of black skin beats me.

YOUR BLUNT TRUTH WAS FALLACY UNTRUTH AND UNFOUNDED.

The pictures you find in cinemas and motion pictures are symbolic and I do not think or know about the Christian world ascribing to those images as the true image or photograph of the LORD.

I DO NOT KNOW WHY AND NEITHER COULD I POSSIBLY FATHOM HOW AND WHY YOU PEOPLE WOULD ALWAYS RATHER FISH IN WATERS OF CONTROVERSY AND ATTEMPT TO MAKE REAL HILLS MOTH HILLS.

Arousing stirring unnecessary absurd issues that sounds and appears sacrilegious does not help your faith either. Whatever you intend and or planned to gain from this!

1 Like

Re: Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth by WarlordBlog: 2:59pm On May 30, 2022
Mickykarim:
YOU ARE EQUALY WRONG ABOUT YOUR ASSERTION BELOW.

" It is far more likely, both geographically and genetically, that he was black rather than white. That is the blunt truth.".

EXCEPT THE HELLENIST JEWS. THEY ARE NEVER BLACK AND CANNOT BE.

History did not tell us that Jesus Christ ministry and or lived his matured years in Africa aside when he was taken by divine intervention to Egypt which was also populated by people with white skin.

How Jesus Christ could have been of black skin beats me.

YOUR BLUNT TRUTH WAS FALLACY UNTRUTH AND UNFOUNDED.

The pictures you find in cinemas and motion pictures are symbolic and I do not think or know about the Christian world ascribing to those images as the true image or photograph of the LORD

I DO NOT KNOW WHY AND NEITHER COULD I POSSIBLY FATHOM HOW AND WHY YOU PEOPLE WOULD ALWAYS RATHER FISH IN WATERS OF CONTROVERSY AND ATTEMPT TO MAKE REAL HILLS MOTH HILLS.

Arousing stirring unnecessary absurd issues that sounds and appears sacrilegious does not help your faith either. Whatever you intend and or planned to gain from this!

The bolded is UNTRUTH AND UNFOUNDED.

You either not a christian or refuse to tell yourself the truth in order to have what to say.
Re: Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2022
If you ask intellectuals they'll tell you that it's not the looks that's important rather it's the character.
So whether Jesus is black, white, yellow or red in skin what really matters is his words, thoughts and actions as recorded in the Bible! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth by Dtruthspeaker: 6:15pm On May 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
If you ask intellectuals they'll tell you that it's not the looks that's important rather it's the character.
So whether Jesus is black, white, yellow or red in skin what really matters is his words, thoughts and actions as recorded in the Bible! smiley

True! Most Accurately True.

1 Like

Re: Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth by Mickykarim: 6:30pm On May 30, 2022
For @warlordblog.

HOPEFULLY, YOU CAN READ THE IMMEDIATE RESPONSE BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE TO YOUR NONSENSE

It is either you are disingenuous mischievous and an abject dyslexic who meant to court UNECCESSARY unwarranted controversy.

In other not to go further with you in your IDLE mind DISTORTIONS and not to waste my time with an abject IGNORANT you may have to answer the below question. If you wish a robust argument to EDUCATE you and stir you brain towards substance.

COULD YOU POSSIBLY POINT AT AND OR PRESENT THE EVIDENCE OF CHRISTINITY PORTRAYING THE IMAGES IN THE LORD'S CHOROGRAPHY AS THE REAL AND TRUE IMAGE OF THE SAVIOUR. JESUS CHRIST. INCLUDING, WHERE IT WAS AUTHENTICATED AND SANCTIONED AS SUCH?

Let us bring your foolery to the fore.
Re: Unlearning – Jesus Of Nazareth by WarlordBlog: 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
Some knowledge is not for everybody (No wonder the elites always keep the brainwashed in the dark). Know this and know peace

(1) (Reply)

7 Levels Of Glory In Christ / Zion Ministry Last Sunday Of The Month Fellowship (30th October, 2022) / Pentecostal Churches Are Misleading God's People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.