Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:15 PM

Canada Closed Work Permit - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Closed Work Permit (44774 Views)

Let’s Talk About Croatia Work Permit And Visa Application. / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Tvegas(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
mzjennypher:
Hello everyone, for work permit do we need to show proof of funds even with LMIA? For a single applicant.
show proof of funds and as many home ties as possible. Even though this is not stated on their website , The visa officers expectations for Nigerians for all visa applications are always different because of our poor record as a nation. Take this advice from someone who has successfully applied for someone and gotten approval within 8 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by zeb04(f): 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2023
Hey guy, i just got my positive Lima, however i can’t apply For work permit because i am waiting for CAQ approval( Quebec immigration laws)

I don’t even know how long before it comes.

For my daughter who is 4 years old, am I applying for visit or student visa?

rockford
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by mzjennypher(f): 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
Tvegas:
show proof of funds and as many home ties as possible. Even though this is not stated on their website , The visa officers expectations for Nigerians for all visa applications are always different because of our poor record as a nation. Take this advice from someone who has successfully applied for someone and gotten approval within 8 weeks.
Thanks so much. The reason I asked was because no funds for PoF. Moreso, for the application start date of the job and end date was requested. But job offer just says full time offer without end date.

1 Like

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Esales(m): 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
eddy2farm:
Pls can I get sure working visa from reliable agent

You mean an agent to help you with getting a job with LMIA?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Esales(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2023
mzjennypher:
Hello everyone, for work permit do we need to show proof of funds even with LMIA? For a single applicant.
\

Proof of funds is not neccessary for a work permit, your salary is proof of fund.
However if you're applying for dependents, your salary will be considered versus the number of applicants you are applying for.
Two dependents is a safe range.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Esales(m): 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
mzjennypher:

Thanks so much. The reason I asked was because no funds for PoF. Moreso, for the application start date of the job and end date was requested. But job offer just says full time offer without end date.

What does the LMIA say?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Esales(m): 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by mzjennypher(f): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
Esales:

What does the LMIA say?

The LMIA didn’t say much just approval for about 18months
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Esales(m): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2023
mzjennypher:

The LMIA didn’t say much just approval for about 18months

What about the job offer? Is it permanent or contract?

Usually, a Twp is valid for the period of the lmia

1 Like

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by mzjennypher(f): 4:56pm On Apr 06, 2023
Esales:

What about the job offer? Is it permanent or contract?

Usually, a Twp is valid for the period of the lmia
The job offer says permanent.
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Esales(m): 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
mzjennypher:

The job offer says permanent.

Lmia can be renewed after the validity of your TWP or you can use the employment contract to apply for PR

1 Like

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by mzjennypher(f): 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2023
Esales:

Lmia can be renewed after the validity of your TWP or you can use the employment contract to apply for PR

Ok thanks so much.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Rooneyx(f): 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2023
Tvegas:
hi pls I need your candid advice on the process you’re in now. Thanks or can I dm you?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Rooneyx(f): 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
mzjennypher:

Ok thanks so much.
I need your help and advice pls on this process and your guidance
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by zeb04(f): 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
rockford:

Thank you sir/ma

Rockford, please did you submit a bank statement in your application for you and your infant?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Rooneyx(f): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2023
Esales:

pls I need your help on the process. Can I dm on the lmia stuff?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Esales(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Rooneyx:
pls I need your help on the process. Can I dm on the lmia stuff?

Ok
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Rooneyx(f): 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
Esales:

Ok
sent tnx
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by exclusvem: 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
Can you share his details. DM
ChangetheChange:
Hello, can anyone recommend a good Canadian immigration consultant that assists in securing LMiA jobs for Foreign workers.
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by onuwaje(m): 10:48pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hello guys
Please if someone wants to relocate to canada via WES what are the procedures

What kind of visa is suitable to apply for and i also need to know everything involved

Asking from a novice point of view
Thanks
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by onuwaje(m): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
rockford:
Been a while here
We have moved since second week of August.
The week leading to our departure was very stressful. Buying and packing was not fun. We had foodstuffs weighing up to 65k grin, and infant luggage over 40kg grin grin cheesy
We had booked business class on Ethiopian Airlines so the luggage size was not a problem and really glad we did. Please if it's not too much for you, book business class for long distance travels, it's worth it. It's cheaper on airlines like Ethiopian compare to Qatar, Emirates, Lufthansa etc.
Our flight was quite long, over 30hrs to get to our final destination as we had layover in Ethiopia, then refuelling in Dublin and another layover in Toronto.

Immigration was smooth at Toronto, there's a priority line for families. The immigration officer only asked for my work offer letter, correspondence letter (LOI) and passport. He collected only passports from my partner and baby. We waited for about 20mins and I heard him making calls talking about the dried fish in one of my checked in bag grin grin I was calm since I already declared it in arriveCan and it was not over the limit. He called us later with no mention of the fish and gave me a printed work permit, my partner's work permit and my baby's visit permit. He explained some things in the letter to us and that was it. Left there and went to pick our bags.

Getting to our final destination/province, I had people from my office(including the CEO) already waiting for us. My baby's stroller/car seat was missing and I complained at the airport office, they gave us a brand new one and said there was a mixup and we will get it later in the week (which we did) and we can keep the new one too.
Already booked an Airbnb for all of August and got an apartment for September while in Nigeria, so accommodation was sorted.

It has been really good here. Registered for our SIN and opened a bank account in the first week.
People here are very very nice. It's the nicest I have ever seen. I have read and seen oyinbo people can be "snubbish" and they like their own space but people here have been good. I am much more happy for my baby. My baby has been the biggest winner in all of this. We received tons of gifts and deals for things.
We are already eligible for PR through PNP and might pursue this soonest. Although, we could apply for PR right from Nigeria via the job offer but it could take up to two years and the company decided against it.
It's been over a month now and things have been alright, coping with the weather and making sense of the culture. Everything here is different but we are getting up to speed gradually.

I will answer any questions regarding this movement and others that I can answer to the best of my ability.
Thank you
Forgive typos smiley

Good evening
Please guide me on what process is recommended for someone who wants to relocate to Canada
I have already registered on WES.
I have plans for IELTS but at a much later date maybe next year i dunno

But please guide me i am not going through school route
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by peejayT: 3:05am On Apr 28, 2023
Toritse321:
Hello Rockford,

Thank you so much for your detailed responses so far

Pls did you apply for medicals for your entire family including your baby?

Yes it’s usually for everyone
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by peejayT: 3:06am On Apr 28, 2023
mzjennypher:
Hello everyone,

Has anyone gotten a closed work permit approval with a positive LMIA that has only one year validity?

Yes, if your passport expiry is one year
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by peejayT: 10:09am On Apr 28, 2023
rockford:

Congrats. You should be in now, I assume.

I missed this somehow. Yeah, enjoying the good life and work
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Peterclever2020: 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
Good evening everyone. Any update on work visa recently? Any approval and please if there's what the time duration?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Talk2mikeola: 7:27pm On May 17, 2023
Yes, I got my work permit approval today, open work permit for wife, and visitor for children. Processing time is just a week. Thanks to all
Peterclever2020:
Good evening everyone. Any update on work visa recently? Any approval and please if there's what the time duration?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by zeb04(f): 8:00pm On May 17, 2023
Talk2mikeola:
Yes, I got my work permit approval today, open work permit for wife, and visitor for children. Processing time is just a week. Thanks to all

Did you apply from Nigeria?

Mine is over a month now.
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Talk2mikeola: 5:50am On May 19, 2023
I applied from Nigeria under GSS
zeb04:

Did you apply from Nigeria?

Mine is over a month now.
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by zeb04(f): 6:24am On May 19, 2023
Talk2mikeola:
I applied from Nigeria under GSS
GSS is LMIA exempt?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Incredible New Footage Shows Titanic Wreck In Highest Quality Ever (Video, Pics) / Missing Jet: CAS Amao Arrives Maiduguri To Supervise Search / Pictures Of More Rail Couches Shipped To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.