Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

I Am Sad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Sad (13188 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Sad by ebenezer95(m): 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2011
The white ladies that married to Nigeria or black MEN are probably an expired or rejected tablet for the white men, what are u talking about the black men are trying even dating those old mama white them for any reason , i regent a married offer from my ex cos of question she asked me ,someone told her am marrying her for papers and she ask me then i cut off the relationship, they white girls misbehave cos they tot they offer you paper to stay in a hungry country , i no blame them na Nigeria govt dey Bleep up ,

SarahMaria@ are you not the mother of the children ? what has Age ga to do with ur relationship or been sad over this ?? if u know everything about him am sure you ganna use that on him someday
Re: I Am Sad by SarahMaria: 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2011
Why should I use his age against him undecided
Re: I Am Sad by ebenezer95(m): 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2011
well, if u left him for any reason i trust Nigerian ladies they will grape him immediately , is better u cool down and ask him questions in person stop discussing a family matter over the net
Re: I Am Sad by Exponental(m): 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2011
Dont be surprised if d one who advises u 2 leave him later marry him, dn u land in OYO.
Re: I Am Sad by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2011
@OP

JUST GIVE HIM TIME
Re: I Am Sad by Mobinga: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2011
His Excellency B.K. Njoku
Re: I Am Sad by SarahMaria: 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2011
time to introduce me to his wife shocked
Re: I Am Sad by denzel2009: 11:28pm On Jul 17, 2011
SarahMaria:

Thank you for your post omulola.

I hope you are right.

That gives a new meaning to that name.

Do you expect him to call you 'our mum', that is naija speak please get with the program.
Re: I Am Sad by Rocktation(f): 12:00am On Jul 18, 2011
Sarah, you just don't understand us completely yet, but not to worry cos i know you will with time. Our asian Ms. Potato can testify to that. His refering to you as 'their mum', is peculiar to nigerians. Nigerians can refer to a mother casually as 'mummy Sammy' or 'mama Sammy', even if they did make the babe together. And besides, you're really their mother, so please don't be disturbed by that. About the age. . . .IDK. Tell you the truth, he might actually be older and be lying about it (just so he can be with you, which is a good thing BTW) or his sis may have forged hers for facebook purpose. Either way, i suggest that you try not to bite off his head, for something not so trivial. Cos believe me you, the average Nigerian man is capable of worse.
Re: I Am Sad by dammytex: 12:12am On Jul 18, 2011
Hi Sarah,
I need to let you know that we Nigerians have a way of communicating with one another in a way we understand the best. In Nigeria, it is very common for a woman to refer to her hubby as the father of her children and vice versa, in which they are so much in love. Please don't feel bad about that, Its our way of speaking our Nigerian English.
Of course you know by now, that people put a lot of false information on  facebook. You don't even need special moments to discuss with your hubby, just talk to him anytime you wish about what you noticed on his sister's profile indicating what you think is an incorrect age. Say it jokingly and ask why she is claiming to be that old/young. Please take note; do not make him think you are interrogating him or investigating his background. He is your husband and you deserve to know what's up.
Finally, stop feeling bad and being scared. There is nothing to worry about. You have a very good hubby for things to still work fine between you two. Just leave out doubts in your marriage and just love him unconditionally and watch out how things will come out successfully.
Re: I Am Sad by pleep(m): 3:58am On Jul 18, 2011
do not worry AT ALL.  grin

My dad calls my mother 'eka' which means literally mother (of the children)
and my mom calls my dad 'Oko' which means the same. I know it's sounds wierd but those are their pet names. Haha even  I was a little confused when I learned the translation.

Saramaria there is  absolutly nothing to be worried about, it's completly normal  wink
Re: I Am Sad by obowunmi(m): 4:02am On Jul 18, 2011
Ahahaha! Lol a@ madam do you hate English? Are you a teacher ? Lol
Re: I Am Sad by MrsChima(f): 4:24am On Jul 18, 2011
Mr, Cork:

SarahMaria.  madam are u light skin and are u as fat as Mrs Chima?  am lookin for a wife! wink

Kiss my ENTIRE fat arse, Nutty Professor.
Re: I Am Sad by MrsChima(f): 4:25am On Jul 18, 2011
OP

You have A MUCH BIGGER problem than a dude calling you mum.
Re: I Am Sad by pleep(m): 4:30am On Jul 18, 2011
^ what's that?
Re: I Am Sad by MrsChima(f): 5:25am On Jul 18, 2011
Only she knows.
Re: I Am Sad by 190: 8:04am On Jul 18, 2011
9jafertilizer My kind of woman
Re: I Am Sad by kpolli(m): 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2011
poster,

can't really explain y ur husband did all that. . . . but i feel u shud talk to ur husband first b4 reporting him to the viruses on NL cos mehn this ppl can make u divorce him ooooo
Re: I Am Sad by SarahMaria: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2011
I see. shocked
Re: I Am Sad by sistajay(f): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2011
SarahMaria:

I see. shocked

You aint seen noting yet. . . . . . . the worst best is yet to come!
Re: I Am Sad by kpolli(m): 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2011
sista-jay:

You aint seen noting yet. . . . . . . the worst best is yet to come!

Sister Sarah i warned u, them don dey plan ur downfall
Re: I Am Sad by maclatunji: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
What country are you from SarahMaria? Very Catholic I presume.
Re: I Am Sad by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2011
sorry oo
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
Honestly, poster you have nothing to worry about. Insecurity will ruin your marriage. It seems like your huband loves you as well as you love him.

He took you to see his family, you spend more than 1 week with them. He takes care of you and your children. And most importantly, you're happy.

Nigerian men are often times NOT romantic, so this is just a phase. "their mother" " Sarah's mother" "Ben's father" etc is common in Nigeria, it's nothing to be offended about. It's common.

Dont let the people on this thread scare you. Go and enjoy your marriage, God bless!
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2011
BTW, about the sisters, why spend time coming up with conspiracy theories when you can discuss what you found?

Ih he didnt want you to see his sisters on FB, you'd have not had the chance to, trust me.
Re: I Am Sad by carnal: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2011
i dnt see the reason why u should sad over him callin ur 'children mum' that an african thing and it means notin to hurt u as for age of facebook,haaaaa this is not an issue atall cos alot of infos on facebook are neva thru but wat i tink u need to let ur husband undastand is for him to mak u kn som core nigeria traditions and the way we speak cos its very difficult even for other africans to understand 9ja stuffs.get it,neva bother ursef infact laff over it ,let him kn u r learnin about 9ja on nairaland
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
OP a good number of nigerian men and women lie about their age so if ur hubby didnt tell u his true age then i am not surprised to hear this.On the issue of him refering to u as a mum why would u feel offended by this?
Are you not the mother of his kids??
Re: I Am Sad by Thirst4Lif: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2011
I think you may be a little overly sensitive.

1)  He called you the children's 'mum' because that's who you are. Why make a big deal out of it.

2) If he lied about his age, really, at this point, so what.  Would you divorce him because he lied about his age?
    I'm sure you wouldn't so why worry about it.

3) Perhaps the non-communicative sisters are not happy he's married to someone of another race. I can't say for
   certain because I don't know them. But there is that possibility. A lot of people are uncomfortable with interracial
   marriages. Fortunately they're not being abusive to you because of the marriage.

What you should be asking yourself is why you're uncomforable with posing questions to your own husband about his life.

But if he's a good husband and father, let go of your anxieties and enjoy your life together.
Re: I Am Sad by dare2think: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ Poster

There is nothing wrong in asking people about the "strange " behaviour you feel your husband shows. But please be very discerning when listening to opinions regarding personal matters on the internet.

There are loads of bitter people in the world and they thrive on other people's misery. Instead of offering you constructive advice, they''ll snide and divert the purpose of your post. Such is the nature of retrogressive minds

@ Topic

Talk to your Man, tell him your worries. He'll probably give you his reasons and put your mind to rest. I also agree with (Ileke idi's assertions). Have fun.
Re: I Am Sad by mallorca(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
@poster,are you his children sister or Aunty? all dis oyibo wit dere way negative thinkin sef
Re: I Am Sad by Thirst4Lif: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2011
There are loads of bitter people in the world and they thrive on other people's misery. Instead of offering you constructive advice, they''ll snide and divert the purpose of your post. Such is the nature of retrogressive minds

So very true!
Re: I Am Sad by kokoye(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ post.

Would all these be issues if your husband was a white man?

You are obviously feeling insecure due to what you have heard about Nigeria men . . some of those comments coming from here as well.

You need to treat your husband as your man . . not just some Nigerian as others would always gladly remind you of.

How do you think your husband would feel if he finds out you are always asking about him on the Internet and all around??  

I aint sure he would like it. . . cos I'm sure you wouldnt as well if you were in his shoes.

Your husband loves you and has children with you.

Love him back and trust him.

And pls . . dont take every comment on this forum seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Left Me After My Effort With My Kid / What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) / My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.